• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just got Psi-Ops in. IT ROCKS YOUR ASSES.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ZootedGranny said:
Psi-Ops was rocking my ass until I came across the Marlena (4th boss) glitch.

Usually when the boss fight starts, gas cannisters come out of the ground. You then throw them all into this fusion gun, and then the cannisters refill. You continue the boss fight from there.

Well, the glitch is, the cannisters don't come out of the ground whatsoever, thus making the boss fight impossible. I'm trying to run around avoiding getting hit with lasers all while trying to shoot down into the cannister hole and blow them all up so they'll refill and come to the top, but it never happens.

I would have just reloaded another checkpoint, but I saved over the last one. So now every time I reload the checkpoint, I'm fucked. It's like a Groundhog Day gangbang.

Oh what the fuck. You telling me I can't fucking kill her now? What the fuck is up with all these bugs lately

Matlock

Banned
Throw the tubes from the middle of the room at her. When she goes overload, hide behind the glass panel on either side of the back of the room.

PROTIP: You can still toss tubes at her when she goes overload.

EDIT: You may have to restart the level. Thankfully I didn't run into this bug. :p

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Luckily I had a checkpoint saved 7 minutes before the boss fight. These bugs are getting ridiculous....

Matlock

Banned
Eh, you've got a point there. Then again, this isn't like the old days when you could get a game to sell no matter what time you put it out, granted you put a couple of ads in a comic book or after a cartoon.

Back in the days when the internet wasn't an instant source of information... :p

Companies are rushed, and bugs are the result.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Well I've just beaten the game on normal mode. A very suprisingly fun game that actually makes moving crates around very entertaining. Good use of the Havok engine and a blast killing enemies in many different ways. Too bad the game is very short (took me 4 hours), and the last two levels weren't that great. And the game probably has one of the worst endings I've seen in recent gaming. I still give it a 8.5/10, fun game. There's some extras too but I'm not gonna bother with them since I'm gonna send the game back tomorrow. Gotta maximize my free Gamefly trial period :p

Hopefully the sequel (if it gets made) will solve the problems that the game had. And I'll be looking forward to it

Matlock

Banned
Wario64 said:
Well I've just beaten the game on normal mode. A very suprisingly fun game that actually makes moving crates around very entertaining. Good use of the Havok engine and a blast killing enemies in many different ways. Too bad the game is very short (took me 4 hours), and the last two levels weren't that great. And the game probably has one of the worst endings I've seen in recent gaming. I still give it a 8.5/10, fun game. There's some extras too but I'm not gonna bother with them since I'm gonna send the game back tomorrow. Gotta maximize my free Gamefly trial period :p

Hopefully the sequel (if it gets made) will solve the problems that the game had. And I'll be looking forward to it

Well, you can unlock the extra missions and play through them relatively quickly (bowling! pool! gnomotron!)....but I agree with most of your points other than the complaint about the ending. Hopefully they will have a sequel to continue the storyline...AND THIS TIME THEY CAN LEAVE OUT THE GODDAMNED AURA VIEW. :p

Ramirez

I just beat it,it was fun while it lasted,but towards the end of the game it got less and less fun...due to the mines and the aura beasts and just silly stuff.

Oh yea,did those armor guys piss anyone else off?Especially the ones with the Rocket Launchers =\ Was Pyro the only way to kill them besides droppin something on them?

raYne

Nah, you don't have to use Pyro... you can use the normal means (hand to hand/weapons) but it just takes a bit longer.

However, there are some positive uses for Pyro against them. Normally you can't MC or TK them, but the Pyro can be used as a setup to both.

After you light them on fire you can TK lift them and do whatever you like, for example you can only mind control them if they get knocked down. This means you can PK them then TK throw them and then MC them once they're down... which opens up other options etc.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I got this game on import 4 days ago (xbox) and i am struggling to enjoy it at all...

Im only on chapter 3 as i find so frustrating, cant really put my finger on why, lots of little things i think. Control wise, it doesnt seem very sharp, i've definatly been spoiled by Metal Arms in this reguard, no 3rd person action game ive played comes close in terms of control. Then theres the fact that there seems to be things missing that i really need, like climbing DOWN, so i dont hurt myself in a fall, AND A DAMN FLASHLIGHT! I must have spent at least 10 minutes so far just wandering around in darkness with no idea where the exit is. Not that my enemies mind me being in darkness, apparently they can see me just fine, presumably THEY HAVE A FUCKING FLASHLIGHT!

Playing with the physics is fun, i cant deny that, though whoever thought a good puzzle would be putting easily breakable boxes on top of eachother should be beaten within an inch of his life, then allowed to heal, then killed.

The only reason im still playing this game is in the hope that i'll learn new, exciting ways to make peoples heads pop, as this is the only release i have for the huge amount of frustration the rest of the game causes me.

This is where you tell me the flashlight button.....

Fifty

Odd, I didn't remember a level with much darkness. Or at least enough to make a flashlight a needed tool.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Since I don't have a 16:9 TV set I'd like to know whenever Psi-Ops (Xbox & PS2 versions) support the widescreen format. I know there is no 16:9 option in the PS2 but it may well fit automatically (but I don't have the hardware to check it). Anyone?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Ghost said:
Then theres the fact that there seems to be things missing that i really need, like climbing DOWN, so i dont hurt myself in a fall

Ummm when you approach a ladder and push down you automatically start to climb down.

Matlock

Banned
16:9? Not that I know of, didn't really notice it in the options.

Ghost: If you're where I think you are, pull a crate under where you want to fall. It's not that hard. ;)

Matlock

Banned
The hype train has sort of come and gone for this, dude. I'm pretty sure it doesn't support 16:9.

And, on a funny note, it's promoted alongside *gasp* Driv3r in the Blockbuster "Flipit card" ads.

This thread is pretty huge, so I figured I'd just ask this question. Sorry if it has been answered.

I've been in a few situations where I needed a keycard and it is just nowhere to be found. I restart the area and then suddenly there's a guy I didn't notice before and I get the card no problem.

Is this a known bug in the game? Or am I just missing these cards somehow?

Matlock

Banned
Semjaza Azazel said:
This thread is pretty huge, so I figured I'd just ask this question. Sorry if it has been answered.

I've been in a few situations where I needed a keycard and it is just nowhere to be found. I restart the area and then suddenly there's a guy I didn't notice before and I get the card no problem.

Is this a known bug in the game? Or am I just missing these cards somehow?

In the one place I experienced this (right before Barret's office), it seems that throwing a crate at the guy or putting something where he's going to come out tends to glitch out the card.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm not gonna read through the thread cause I'm afraid of spoilers, but I felt compelled to add to it. I am playing this game right now and I'm totally loving it.
It is rocking my ass! I guess :p

Game feels so fresh, I think this is the most original game I've played in a long time. Good job Midway. Thanks for giving us something new.

I have a quick question...I know that enemies will often pop up from areas you thought you had cleared, but will they spawn indefinitely or is there only a set number for an area? In certain situations I'll play cautiously and try to stick to defensible areas and let the enemies come to me. Of course, if they'll just spawn forever, that's kind of pointless.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
If you need to control them for something, theres an infinate amount of them, if not then its limited

MaddenNFL64

If it wasn't for TK, and head pops with Mind Drain :)D) this game would be really average, and not worth buying :\.

But TK & head popping are too damn awesome to pass up, so I give this a 7.0

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lucky Forward said:
I have a quick question...I know that enemies will often pop up from areas you thought you had cleared, but will they spawn indefinitely or is there only a set number for an area? In certain situations I'll play cautiously and try to stick to defensible areas and let the enemies come to me. Of course, if they'll just spawn forever, that's kind of pointless.

AFAIK enemies respawn only when the alarm is triggered (think MGS). Just shut it off and they wont come anymore.

(I actually use the alarm to get some psi-energy when I've run out of it)

raYne

MaddenNFL64 said:
If it wasn't for TK, and head pops with Mind Drain :)D) this game would be really average, and not worth buying :\.

Umm.. duh? :p

As a standalone shooter/stealth action title the game is pretty blah, but it's the combination of those things and the psi powers that makes it good-great. Grabbing a tossed grenade in mid-air with my mind and returning it to sender never gets old. :D

If you watch the behind the scenes/making of stuff and/or read interviews with the crew there were a lot of things taken out due to time contraints or what have you, that should definitely be in the sequel (here's hoping!). Things like upgradable psi powers, multiplayer deathmatch and true co-op were all talked about.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Can anyone with the Xbox version of the game tell me what's the of audio output for thi game? I know the back cover says no DD5.1. Is it Pro Logic II o just plain stereo?

thanks

B E N K E

I'm playing the PAL-game right now and I like what I see. Sure the controls aren't razor sharp and I find the main character very dull, but other than that I hope people look passed the Midway logo.

Top Bottom