• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League vs Teen Titans: First look of full cast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Considering there are only four Leaguers, this really favors the Titans.

This sounds like a Teen Titans movie with a Justice League final boss... or more specifically

It sounds like a Damian Wayne movie featuring the Titans with appearances from the Justice League

Why is beast boy still a boy?
That's no boy...
latest

Sou Da

This sounds like a Teen Titans movie with a Justice League final boss... or more specifically

It sounds like a Damian Wayne movie featuring the Titans with appearances from the Justice League

Why does still carry the sword if he's with Batman now?

We got Jaime Reyes in this? Yo where's Poodlestrike? He needs to know.

I haven't watched any DCAnimated movies since the New 52 push. Except for Justice League: Gods and Monsters, but that's different. Also it was sick.

EDIT: Also I should read articles more.

JL vs Titans would take about 5 seconds :p. Even if it were just Superman, Diana or Flash.

Wonder why they went with a younger BB unless they're trying to channel young justice vibes here.

Curious how they're going to reconcile Cyborg and the titans, it's not possible for him to be a titan first, this movie universe explicitly portrayed him as a league member first.

Luigi87

This seems most accurate. They really seem to want to get Damian into the spotlight.
... I guess because so many people who don't really pay attention to the Batman mythos probably still think Dick is Robin, not realizing how long ago that changed.

I like it, but I kind of echo the sentiment regarding Starfire looking a bit weird. She'll probably look better in motion, but otherwise, I really like what I see.

This is a movie that I'll have my eyes on.

This seems most accurate. They really seem to want to get Damian into the spotlight.
... I guess because so many people who don't really pay attention to the Batman mythos probably still think Dick is Robin, not realizing how long ago that changed.

Well it doesn't help that essentially every other piece of DC media has Dick as Robin. But we have had other movies/shows that have shown Robins after Dick. Batman: Under the Red Hood and Young Justice.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Starfire looks like an unsuccessful attempt at compromising between teen titans and comic book looks.
Yeah, that's my reaction, too. Her dress looks like trash clubwear, and the haircut somehow looks even more outdated than her big poofy feathered cut.

Luigi87

Well it doesn't help that essentially every other piece of DC media has Dick as Robin. But we have had other movies/shows that have shown Robins after Dick. Batman: Under the Red Hood and Young Justice.

Indeed, though considering those movies/that series are all within the last decade, it definitely shows it is a more recent thing that they're trying to move on (Arkham games included).

Also lack of Tim Drake as Red Robin in this universe is criminal.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
Is this just related to the old Teen Titans cartoon through its character design, or is there more to it than that?

Luigi87

Is this just related to the old Teen Titans cartoon through its character design, or is there more to it than that?

Aside from the art direction of Young Justice and using the same hero selection of the Teen Titans show it has nothing to do with either previous animated series.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I'd be interested in this if the DC Animation movies hadn't been absolutely horrible for around the last...five years? Everything since Flashpoint Paradox has been awful.

Save us, Killing Joke.

Whens Drake tho

Indeed, though considering those movies/that series are all within the last decade, it definitely shows it is a more recent thing that they're trying to move on (Arkham games included).

Also lack of Tim Drake as Red Robin in this universe is criminal.

Hopefully out being a better detective than the other Robins. Or beating top tier martial artist drug dealing terrorists.

Blue Beetle makes cyborg redundant as fuck

Gotta get that Cyborg push though. He's a very deep and complex character, who isn't boring as fuck in every single way.

Slayven

Hopefully out being a better detective than the other Robins. Or beating top tier martial artist drug dealing terrorists.

Gotta get that Cyborg push though. He's a very deep and complex character, who isn't boring as fuck in every single way.

Never forget

tumblr_lq8y47Js411qikyqso1_500.jpg

Dopest squad that never was

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
My God those character designs do not look good. Beast Boy looks like an early SMT reject.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Cyborg and Robin kinda get them too.

It's such a weird design accessory. Starfire has a small gem near the collar, then below the naval, Raven has a larger gem at her collar, and then the sub-naval gem, Cyborg has one on his chest, and then at his naval. Maybe it's fashionable for superteenagers to have circles in these places for their costume?

At least Robin's makes sense.

Barry is a bratty op beta male. At least I can describe him. Cyborg is a cardboard character with the most boring premise and zero personality.

Barry's only a bratty beta male in the show. In the comics....well, have fun. He had to be retconned into being more interesting.

Sou Da

Barry is a bratty op beta male. At least I can describe him. Cyborg is a cardboard character with the most boring premise and zero personality.

Young Justice did the smart thing and made him the embodiment of the Silver Age in the modern world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom