• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League vs Teen Titans: First look of full cast

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should have just used Starfire's current design from the comics or something. Not a fan of the one here.

It's true
starfire_580.jpg

They really need to figure out whether they want Cyborg on the Titans or JL. His solo book is boring as hell so I say how about neither and we just let his character die? Put Val-Zod on the Justice League or race-blend Wonder Woman or something for your diversity.

MartyStu

I hated that whole trend of comics. They act as if girls can't understand sy-fi or complex murder mysteries, or just wanted some dumb social media book.

Herrr derrrr what if a teenage girl was president how totally awesome would that be!!!!!!!!!!

I will NOT hear you speak ill of Prez.

I just will not allow it!

Kinyou

Does she? I haven't read the book.
I've read a few issues and I don't think she actually does. The art in the book itself is also better. Amanda Conner seems to just have fun with the character and basically writes her as a grown up version from the Teen Titans cartoon. I suppose you can complain that there isn't a real complex story that goes beyond how she lives her life, but I'm also not sure if Starfire would be the right character for this kind of stuff in the first place.

kmfdmpig

I'm okay with the outfit. Her face in that pic scares me though

Does she? I haven't read the book.

I don't remember her doing so. Her new series is not all that serious, but it's fun. It's not quite as good as the Power Girl run from pre New 52, but it is along the same vein. Lighthearted, a bit silly at times, and enjoyable.

I've read a few issues and I don't think she actually does. The art in the book itself is also better. Amanda Conner seems to just have fun with the character and basically writes her as a grown up version from the Teen Titans cartoon. I suppose you can complain that there isn't a real complex story that goes beyond how she lives her life, but I'm also not sure if Starfire would be the right character for this kind of stuff in the first place.

She acts like a four-year old in the book. A four-year old constantly put into sexy situations.

Starfire looks weird.

Like they wanted to make her more muscular, but they didn't give her clothes that fit.

Everyone else looks okay though.

Slayven

The dumping down of Starfire and Barbara Gordon are the worse things to happen in the last 10 years, worse then Carol Danvers being pushed.

Applebite

Damien's point is he is an asshoel
I find that aspect extremely one-dimensional and uninteresting. The most interesting thing about him is that he's destined to be mentally screwed up because of the way his childhood was and watching Batman struggle with that fact was alright in terms of entertainment. All of his dialogue in those panels you posted just reminded me of some 10-year old kid roleplaying as a basic-ass self insert character on a superhero forum.

shoreu

I find that aspect extremely one-dimensional and uninteresting. The most interesting thing about him is that he's destined to be mentally screwed up because of the way his childhood was and watching Batman struggle with that fact was alright in terms of entertainment. All of his dialogue in those panels you posted just reminded me of some 10-year old kid roleplaying as a basic-ass self insert character on a superhero forum.

I hate Damian so much, I also hate when he beats Jason and Tim in a fight... complete and total bullshit

kurahador

I hate Damian so much, I also hate when he beats Jason and Tim in a fight... complete and total bullshit

He's basically an ideal superhero for 11 year old. No matter how badly he screws up, the writers always backs him up with sympathy point.

You'd be a pissed off 11 year old to if you found out your mom didn't love you anymore and your dad kinda secretly thinks your a mistake.

shoreu

He's basically an ideal superhero for 11 year old. No matter how badly he screws up, the writers always backs him up with sympathy point.

Yeah i guess, And the thing i hate more than anything else is how they focus on Him being Bruce's Biological son. Like all the time he put in with his other Son's just doesn't matter because Damian is all that matters.

Now why would they put Cyborg with the titans when he basically became a Justice League equal the same day they all fought Dark Sied? Cyborg is should have been a league member instead of a titan in the new 52's. He has highly advanced technology that far surpasses the others abilities if you compare them (the titans) individually versus a league member.

shingi70

Banned
Now why would they put Cyborg with the titans when he basically became a Justice League equal the same day they all fought Dark Sied? Cyborg is should have been a league member instead of a titan in the new 52's. He has highly advanced technology that far surpasses the others abilities if you compare them (the titans) individually versus a league member.

He is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom