• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 3 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plissken

Yeah, back when we were all making guesses, I think that 5 seemed to be about the perfect number of seasons for this show. Hopefully Graham Yost and company have a good grasp of the overall story they want to tell, and can give us 3 more quality seasons.

I think "cop" shows can go longer without feeling contrived. I'm very comfortable with them continuing the series for at least 3 more seasons.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
The kind of promise can be good for this show, we don't have to expect big bads to get set up and shut down in 13 eps. More breathing room. More JUSTIFIED.

T Dollarz

This thread reminds me, I stopped watching midway through this season. I seriously need to pick up where I left off. Convince me.

Fry

Convince me.

ibs4Ip69k1BAdK.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Season 4 spoilarz via TV Line: (they're vague descriptions of new characters and also the season 4 premiere title)

The FX western is recruiting a new batch of freaks for Season 4, and they include a rule-bending military police sergeant who shares a past with Boyd, a fugitive family man who teams up with a pair of drug addicts, a local Constable who went to high school with Raylan, and a charismatic young preacher who starts cutting into Boyd’s profits. Bonus Spoiler: The Season 4 premiere is titled “Hole in the Wall.”

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Dickie Haters, eat it. EEEEET IIIITTT

Fake edit: Man, I'm so lost, I had no idea that they were handing the Emmie's this weekend. Did we even have a thread?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Dickie Haters, eat it. EEEEET IIIITTT

Fake edit: Man, I'm so lost, I had no idea that they were handing the Emmie's this weekend. Did we even have a thread?

It was just the Creative Arts Emmy Awards. The Primetime Emmys are next week, and I'm sure there'll be a thread for it.

Solo

- THR: 'Justified' Actor Set for Season 4 Return

David Meunier will be back as Johnny Crowder next season. Nice to see some casting news trickle in - there should be more on the way soon.

Are they not even shooting yet? Damn, this season is gonna come later than the last ones have.

Then again, this show's turnaround from season to season so far has been INSANE:

S1 began March 2010, S2 began February 2011, and S3 began January 2012. 11 months between seasons which would put S4 hitting in December of this year at that pace. But if they haven't started shooting yet, there is no way it airs til probably February 2013.

Are they not even shooting yet? Damn, this season is gonna come later than the last ones have.
iirc, we didn't get casting news until mid-October last year. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I thought they were filming from October 2011-January 2012 for S3. This seems on schedule for a January start, but I might not be remembering correctly.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
- THR: 'Justified' Actor Set for Season 4 Return

David Meunier will be back as Johnny Crowder next season. Nice to see some casting news trickle in - there should be more on the way soon.

For only 10 of the 13 episodes? I hope that doesn't mean he dies. <3 Johnny

It's probably not episodes 1-10 though. I'd bet it's more like: 1,3,6-13 or something.

I'd wager that he makes it to the end of the season.

Johnny is a leaky faucet now. That's a thing that will definitely come into play for the upcoming season. Limehouse gained info from him, could that be turned over to feds if Boyd's business draws their eye?

- TVLine: Justified Sets Sights on Patton Oswalt
Funnyman Patton Oswalt is set to pop up on one of TV’s acclaimed dramas, with a recurring role in Justified‘s Season 4.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Oswalt will appear on the FX series as
Bob Sweeney, a local constable who went to high school with Raylan and has been hired by the lawman to watch Arlo’s house.

Lest anyone suspect Oswalt is dialing it down completely for this visit to Harlan County, know that Bob has a single football tale he tells over and over from his high school glory days, Al Bundy-style, while a bid to help Raylan capture a bail jumper are humorous — and maybe even successful!

Oswalt’s previous TV credits include Two and a Half Men, The United States of Tara, Caprica (Baxter Sarno!), Dollhouse and a run on King of Queens.

Production on Justified Season 4 starts next week in Santa Clarita, Calif., with an eye on an early 2013 premiere.

UNrLj.jpg

I've tried watching Season 1 Episode 1 but it just makes me long for Deadwood. will it fill that void for me? I know it cant replace it but will it help heal my wounding heart?

I've tried watching Season 1 Episode 1 but it just makes me long for Deadwood. will it fill that void for me? I know it cant replace it but will it help heal my wounding heart?

I haven't seen Deadwood yet (I know) but the thing with Justified is that they tried to lace the long story arcs with done-in-one episodes during the first half(ish) of the initial season. So you're not gonna know the real Justified just yet. When it becomes full-on serialized is when it becomes great. First season ends with a bang, and season two is one of the best seasons of any shows I have seen. Third doesn't hit the same high notes, but still super good.

Clevinger

No, because they're barely alike except for Olyphant. It's a great show for what it is though, and each season it gets better.

Come to think of it, the reason I haven't checked out Deadwood yet is probably because everyone who did seems broken-hearted about the show's premature end. Do I really want to go through that?

Come to think of it, the reason I haven't checked out Deadwood yet is probably because everyone who did seems broken-hearted about the show's premature end. Do I really want to go through that?

it hurts bad.. like getting your heart broken.. but it's still worth it. it's still the only show i've ever watched all the way through more then 2 times.. on 5 times now.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
it hurts bad.. like getting your heart broken.. but it's still worth it. it's still the only show i've ever watched all the way through more then 2 times.. on 5 times now.

Yes, this. It is SO worth it. I bought the entire series on blu-ray and have watched through it 4 times over, that's after watching it originally broadcast.

Amazing show, even if it doesn't keep going. What's there is worth the journey.

Clevinger

Usually I think the "journey matters more than the destination" argument is silly, usually just for waving away bad endings, but Deadwood is so good that its non-ending doesn't matter much. There's three incredible seasons of television you should watch.

It ended on the best series finale in television history so I don't know why anyone would or could be broken hearted over that...

Fry

It was one of the strangest interviews I've seen on Conan, especially when he Pew-pew'd Conan because he was pointing his finger at him. "I thought you were gonna shoot me with your finger."

Can't wait for Justified to come back, it's one of the very few shows I care about watching.

He's absolutely hilarious. :lol

Everyone needs to see this interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom