• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 3 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Zap2It: 'Justified' Season 4: Ron Eldard heads to Harlan
"Justified" has cast another significant recurring role for its upcoming fourth season, adding Ron Eldard ("Super 8," "ER") to the mix in Harlan.

Eldard will play
Colt, a military police sergeant who knows Boyd (Walton Goggins) from their time in the service, TVLine reports. More specifically, Colt and Boyd became buddies when Boyd spent time in the clink during his stint in Kuwait.

Colt has previously walked the straight and narrow, but when he catches up with Boyd again, he might find himself coming around to Boyd's way of thinking.

Eldard, whose credits also include "Blind Justice," "Bakersfield P.D." and "Black Hawk Down," is the second familiar face to sign on to Season 4 of "Justified," following Patton Oswalt. The show is slated to return to FX in the first part of next year.

W97KA.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Still have Limehouse out there, plus Johnny if I recall. Of course, Duffy is still out there, being Duffy.

- Justified Season 3 Blu-ray Release Date, Details and Cover Art
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has revealed plans to release the third season of the his FX series Justified on Blu-ray and DVD on December 31, just in time for a New Year's Day marathon.

Justified stars Timothy Olyphant, Nick Searcy, Joelle Carter, Jacob Pitts, Erica Tazel, Natalie Zea, and Walton Goggins. The complete third season Blu-ray set will span three discs and be presented in 1.78:1 1080p video and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.

There are quite a few bonus features packed onto the Justified: Season 3 Blu-ray. Here's a complete rundown of what you can expect.

• Commentary on The Gunfighter with Graham Yost, Timothy Olyphant and Fred Golan
  • Commentary on Cut Ties with Ben Cavell and Nick Searcy
  • Commentary on Harlan Roulette with Dave Andron and Jon Avnet
  • Commentary on Thick As Mud with Jon Worley, Ben Cavell, Damon Herriman and Joelle Carter
  • Crossing the Line: Making Season 3
  • Catch
  • Commentary on When The Guns Come Out with Dave Andron, Don Kurt and Nichelle Tramble Spellman
  • Commentary on Loose Ends with Joelle Carter, Ingrid Escajeda and Ben Cavell
  • Commentary on Guy Walks Into A Bar with Dave Andron and VJ Boyd
  • Go Back In There
  • Ellstin's Joint: Noble's Holler Set Tour
  • Commentary on Coalition with Taylor Elmore, Bill Johnson and Jere Burns
  • Commentary on Slaughterhouse with Mykelti Williamson, Jere Burns and Fred Golan
  • Anatomy of a Stunt
  • Outtakes
  • In Conversation: Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins

0qVc1.jpg

- Small casting tidbit from THR:
A Sons of Anarchy actor is jumping to another FX drama.

LaMonica Garrett, who plays Deputy Sherrif Cane on Anarchy, has landed a guest starring role on Justified's upcoming fourth season, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.

In the third episode, Garrett will portray
a womanizer named Andre, who thinks he's suave as hell with women but makes the mistake of hitting on Deputy U.S. Marshal Rachel Brooks (Erica Tazel) and admitting he's a thief. Oops.

Repped by Stone Manners Salner Agency and Coronel Group, Garrett's TV credits include Mike & Molly, Political Animals, Suits and NCIS. He also appeared in a supporting role in 2011's Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

Justified returns in January.

qoJ6O.jpg

- Zap2It spoiler column with some hints as to where we're going in S4 of Justified:
"Justified": In Season 4, we'll head
up into the mountains of Kentucky to meet the hill people, a dangerous backwoods group of ruffians who aren't all there, if you know what we're saying. The leader of the group, Cope Entiss, tends to capture and kill any outsiders who trespass into their territory. Turns out, though, that one of the hill people, Mary, recognizes Raylan... and may be related to him.

iddqd

Sorry for this dumb post but I just recently watched one episode
and me and the wife are unsure if its worth it to continue.
Why do people like it that much?
What makes it more then just fluff cop drama thats on tv?

Because after a while (Half of the first season? ish?) it stops being the fluff cop drama it looks like at first. I had the exact same thought when I started this. So there's a bad guy and then he kills the bad guy and then next episode?

And then the turn happens, and then this show is excellent.

You have to at least give it a season before judging it.

Superb cast, well-written dialogue, excellent sense of place, and a good mix of stand-alone episodes along with longer story arcs. It's a modern day Western punctuated with occasional violence and hilarious quips. Start from the beginning, though it does take a while to find itself in S1.

Thanks guys, will give it some more episodes then!

The show really settles in a groove around episode 6 or so (I forget when the main arc of the season begins) and it stays amazing through season 2. I haven't seen any of 3 yet but I've heard pretty good things...

Fry

I don't think S3 is the weakest. The first half of season one had a few entertaining episodes, but it was mostly mediocre.

S3 was very good in a whole.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I never found Season 1 boring, I was hooked from the very beginning. It certainly improves as it goes though. I can't decide if Season 1 or 3 was weaker, I'd probably have to watch again. But the show overall is phenomenal.

I never found Season 1 boring, I was hooked from the very beginning. It certainly improves as it goes though. I can't decide if Season 1 or 3 was weaker, I'd probably have to watch again. But the show overall is phenomenal.

I have a hard time getting through a couple episodes in season 1 because the writing and side character acting weren't quite up to snuff.

There's no really bad episodes though... it's more something you realize once you finish season 2 and start a re-watch of the first season.

ivysaur12

Banned
Season 1 of Justified starts out VERY slow, but then escalates to an incredible show.

Season 2 is beautiful.

Season 3 is just Red Neck Rat Race. It had its moments, but was disappointing.

And as always, Ava going from being Raylan's main squeeze to a proprietor of whores running with/sometimes usurping Boyd will always be one of the biggest question marks for me. Why is she doing this? Where did that switch happen? I liked Ava enough with Raylan. I like her more as the Harlan Madam. But, WHY? That felt like "well, this isn't working, let's move her over here!" without any real transformation in her beliefs or worldview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom