• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 4 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit, that was awesome. The final exchange between Colt and Tim was great. He finally got Gutterson'd. Someone needs to GIF that with the text "Gutterson'd".

Man, next week looks fucking dark.

Hey Tim, you know who else takes trophies from the people they kill? Serial killers!

Sepinwall on the news:
FX has renewed "Justified" for a fifth season, to debut in January 2014.

The renewal was announced at FX's upfront presentations for advertisers this morning in New York.

"It remains one of the most consistently excellent shows on TV," said FX president John Landgraf.

"Justified" remains one of FX's most successful series, but the network has always taken its time with announcing renewals, particularly for older shows where the contracts become more complicated with each passing year. There was never a doubt "Justified" would be back; it was just a question of when the announcement would be.

The fourth season finale airs this Tuesday night at 10.

Raylan Gibbons, as I live and breathe!

raylan_gibbons2mu85.png

Can't wait for tonight's episode!
This was hilarious, by the way.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So are they for sure going with a six season plan (I swear I've read that a few times), or are they still unsure of that? "They" being a collective for the showrunners.

So are they for sure going with a six season plan (I swear I've read that a few times), or are they still unsure of that? "They" being a collective for the showrunners.
They've mentioned that a number of times in the past, and it came up a lot in writer/showrunner interviews this year. I imagine that's still how they're setting it all up.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Hopefully they stop at 6 as planned.

They've mentioned that a number of times in the past, and it came up a lot in writer/showrunner interviews this year. I imagine that's still how they're setting it all up.

Definitely hope that's how it's going to go. I love the show, but I think having a firm plan is infinitely more preferable to just spinning your wheels as long as you can.

Fry

Fucking epic last couple of episodes.

Hope the finale is just as good, but'll probably be a bit predictable.

So taking the sunglasses was indeed a trophy thing? I thought for a second they were originally Mark's sunglasses and Tim was going to return them to his family or something.

So taking the sunglasses was indeed a trophy thing? I thought for a second they were originally Mark's sunglasses and Tim was going to return them to his family or something.
EW said:
EW: And Gutterson took Colt’s sunglasses.

Yost: It was something that they came up with, and we left in. I was unsure about it, but if they’ve got a passion for it, let’s do it. Those sunglasses were something that Colt always wore outside. We needed him not to wear them in the church, because we needed to see his eyes in the final scene, but they were kind of identified with him. It’s something that both these veterans would understand and that goes back to WWII and long before that, which is the taking of a souvenir, a memento.

Hindle

Banned
The shows just been given a 5th season. So with Grahame Yost saying he wants to end at 6 seasons I'm guessing they'll start planning for the end soon.

I've yet to even see S4 lol, but are there hints that the end is coming? A yes or no answer please, I've not seen any eps yet.

It can really only be one more season before Boyd is the big bad that Raylan needs to take down. If/when he gets the drop on Detroit, that's the only place it could realistically go.

Polari

Hopefully they stop at 6 as planned.

I don't get this. Is there some kind of law that says TV shows have to suck after six seasons? Even if does start to suck just stop watching. I especially don't get it with this show considering this has been the strongest season yet.

Also, as a man that still fucking cries about Deadwood being cancelled after three, I'll always take more over less.

I don't get this. Is there some kind of law that says TV shows have to suck after six seasons? Even if does start to suck just stop watching. I especially don't get it with this show considering this has been the strongest season yet.

Also, as a man that still fucking cries about Deadwood being cancelled after three, I'll always take more over less.

Hope you like non-Boyd seasons because there's no way that aspect could go on indefinitely without seriously stretching the bounds of credibility.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'm very ok with Justified lasting six seasons. I love the show and I'll leave a gaping hole in my TV list once it ends, but I don't want the writers to sacrifice its quality. I'm cool with this.

I've yet to even see S4 lol, but are there hints that the end is coming? A yes or no answer please, I've not seen any eps yet.

Not at all, but a couple of important characters are in potentially very dire straits.

It can really only be one more season before Boyd is the big bad that Raylan needs to take down. If/when he gets the drop on Detroit, that's the only place it could realistically go.

Correct. The way things are going, it'd take an act from God (or some really shoddy/glorious writing) to stretch the plot for three more seasons.

S5: Rise of Boyd
S6: Fall of Boyd

In between:
Ava's death and burial.

I'd be happy with six seasons if that's what Yost & Co are aiming for in terms of the narrative. In addition to idea/plotting issues if the series is extended past that point, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the production staff & acting talent were thinking about moving on after a six year stint.

Linius

From what I understand The Shield is one of those special shows that got a good ending after a seven seasons run. Haven't seen it my self though, but judging on that I trust in FX to give Justified what it deserves.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
From what I understand The Shield is one of those special shows that got a good ending after a seven seasons run. Haven't seen it my self though, but judging on that I trust in FX to give Justified what it deserves.

I get the impression that The Shield was written in such way that everything was perfectly laid out by S3. The writers had a pretty solid storyline to work with and didn't waste time at all.

Snake

I was glad that someone got Gutterson'd but at the same time I must confess that the Justified-verse seems emptier without Colt.

pants

She was witness to a fatal shooting, which should be enough to bring her in as a witness on its own.
She was a known member of the same gang as the guy who was killed and was also holding a gun when Tim arrived. Tim also goes there knowing that this gang is going to try to kill or kidnap Ellen May.
She threatened both Ellen May and the preacher's sister with the gun. The sister has no reason not to mention this to the marshals, as she admits in the next scene that she still has a grudge against Boyd.
The sister also has a pretty strong reason to believe that Ava was the person Ellen May helped cover up the murder, based on the events that went down.

All of these things point to Ava being taken in for questioning at the very least, if not arrested and charged outright. Is it possible to come up with theories for why this wouldn't happen? Sure. However, because "she is brought in" is the obvious course of events, if the show is going to have something else happen, they need to explain to the viewer why the obvious thing didn't happen.
Annoyed the fuck out of me too

smr00

Banned
Someone needs to gif the google translator scene but just him saying "i am going to need to download google translator to understand you" or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom