• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 5 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bndadm

Man the pit being dug for Boyd just keeps getting deeper. Can't wait to see how these events unfold further.

Really liked tonight's episode, not much more to say. I think so far it lacks the energy of last season, but I'm still enjoying it.

Glad it's ending after 6. Seems the perfect span to tell it's story.

Finally figured out that Mara is the same actress from last seasons True Blood.

Loretta is a good small time crook. I continue to be impressed that this show can just drop us back into the lives of characters from prior season like that. And that Raylan is practically a caretaker or surrogate father of hers even though he doesn't want to be one.

More to the shipment aspect of things, the dealer who dished to the familiar prostitute, knew where the shipment would be?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I never had any clue that Wood Harris and Steve Harris were brothers. That's crazy.

Nice to Loretta one more time. She always had a fun relationship with Raylan.

There are an awful lot of angles and factions developing right now. Shit's going to get damned messy.

Linius

Nice episode. Great to see Loretta again. The actress is doing well too with some roles in The Spectacular Now and Short Term 12. Wouldn't be surprised if she's gonna get leading roles in the future.

Nice episode. Great to see Loretta again. The actress is doing well too with some roles in The Spectacular Now and Short Term 12. Wouldn't be surprised if she's gonna get leading roles in the future.

She was great in Short Term 12, which was the best movie of a year of truly phenomenal movies.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
What I find interesting with this season so far is how there's a sense of darkness and dread building up already. Just watch the final part of this episode and listen to the ambiance and look at the lighting and tone of Boyd with the scenario. A dark storm is coming to Kentucky and there's going to be a lot at stake when thinking of all the possible factions building up. I am already feeling the tensity.

Linius

She was great in Short Term 12, which was the best movie of a year of truly phenomenal movies.

Haven't seen it yet, only saw The Spectacular Now in which she didn't had a big role, but it was funny to see her there. My library is showing Short Term 12 twice at the end of the month so I hope I can make it on one of those dates.

Plissken

Another fine episode, liked seeing Olyphant with an old school Colt in his hands, gunslinger twirl and all. Loretta was great as usual, glad to see her back for an episode. Boyd just seems to get deeper and deeper in the hole, really curious how they're going to get him out.

Are we to assume that the mouthy dealer (forgot his name) is the one that hit the drop? Boyd didn't look too surprised by the hit, and it seemed that he knows who did it.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
That eyebrow one is awesome lol. Loved that scene with the shovel too. Nice work as always!

People like to say that child actors are bad as a rule, but there are some pretty incredible child actors on TV right now. Loretta, Arya on Game of Thrones, the daughters on Louie, Abigail Hobbs on Hannibal, and Paige on The Americans are all doing excellent work.

ThR0Egv.jpg

So smug.

Quidam

Obviously, it can't be very rewarding for them, but Tim and Rachel must love being able to pick up that series regular's paycheque for filming one or two scenes per episode.

Kaitlyn Dever showed up on Justified around the same time everyone in the universe was crowing -- rightly so -- about Hailee Steinfeld in True Grit. Justified was still flying under the radar then so not many were clued in to Dever's Loretta, and most who spoke about Season 2 were appropriately fixated on Margo Martindale. The roles (and actresses) were fairly similar, but I felt then that Dever brought an authenticity Steinfeld simply couldn't match. Honestly? She just outclassed her. Still feel that way. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed True Grit but didn't completely "buy" Mattie. Haven't doubted Loretta for a second and am always pleasantly surprised when she shows back up considering I thought she was done after her arc in Season 2. It was a relatively satisfying ending; thankfully the writers are more intelligent than I am and realized what they had! Sky's the limit for Dever talent-wise... hope we continue to get our check-ins in the remaining episodes of Justified we have left.

RangersFan

Ugh, I already hate the Amy Smart Raylan relationship. Just not feeling it at all, though if her sticking around means more Loretta this season than so be it. But if you're gonna bring in a chick to make things interesting for Raylan how about bringing back Carla Gugino as Karen Sisco again and longer than for 1 episode.

As for who jacked the shipment, what are everyone's thoughts? We're to assume Johnny's whore was obviously the source to the tip off but who did she tip off?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta agree with the general consensus here, the Boyd stuff is the weak link at this point, despite having Duffy with him.
Raylan and Loretta have such great chemistry.
I don't believe the Raylan/Amy Smart stuff right now either, they talk once and he's immediately smitten with her? Doesn't feel like his character at all, who's usually the reluctant one.

Solo

Just a few minutes in.....man, the guest stars this season are getting out of hand. Seems like every scene someone pops up.

Gangstagrass is a pretty cool band. They do the theme song for Justified.

It's funny, cause they seem to have a good relationship with the show that extends beyond just Elmore Leonard liked their song so it was chosen as the theme song.

I saw them live and the crowd went wild at them performing "Long Hard Times to Come."

Solo

Much better episode than the premiere. I'm still offput a bit by some of the number of guest stars (some feel a bit stunt cast-y), but this episode went a long way in getting me invested in the season. Loved seeing Loretta again. Something tells me we will see her again before the end.

Amy Smart still looks great <3

I'm calling it now, Loretta to be "the big bad" in season 6.

Also, I don't agree with Sepinwall about Boyd Crowder. I love how the writers are burying his character in even deeper shit, just when you thought he couldn't have bigger problems to fix. And I would never want Goggins to leave the show to make movies so he can come back later. To me he's become as much a part of why I tune in as Raylen is.

Nah the only real problem this season is the lack of Ava. They have put her in an interesting position but so far she feels more like an accessory than a character.

Loretta's either gonna grow up to be Old Man Raylan's nemesis or she's gonna turn into a clever, quick Marshall. I guarantee it.

At first I thought Darryl Jr hit Boyd's shipment, but I guess not? I feel bad for Dewey though. His cousins coming is gonna suck so much for him.

Raylan nailing Amy Smart in a criminal's mansion. I want to be him.

Harlan's new sheriff is a douchebag creep. Bring Shelby back :(

Boyd's gonna kill that motherfucker, I guarantee it.

Hindle

Banned
Loretta is going to play a key role from now on. I think she'll be involved in events that lead into the final season.

Edit. Boyd will indirectly kill Loretta turning him and Raylan into enemies?

Loretta is going to play a key role from now on. I think she'll be involved in events that lead into the final season.

Edit. Boyd will indirectly kill Loretta turning him and Raylan into enemies?

Then during their final confrontation, Boyd removes his face mask to reveal Loretta. A befuddled Raylen asks Loretta where Boyd is... she laughs and explains that Boyd Crowder never existed.

Thank God I'm not writing for this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom