• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON! Community |OT3| Keep on Keep on Singing Songs!

I am soooooo ready for a new week. Driving/Riding in whiteout conditions that you couldn't even see your own car hood yesterday, and helping my Mom who caught the flu today, before she decided to go to the hospital for help (Where my Dad got out of work early and took over helping her).

I think I need a hug...

c61q1xjc.gif

Yee guys I had spoopy dream that was spoopy. :(

I need a Mugi to make better. :(

o3mld2utyamy.gif

StayDead

Morning (although it's nearly afternoon). Woke up late then watched the end of the mask so I've done nothing productive so far ;;

Sorry to hear that. I had a weird dream yesterday. I was at some store in the middle of a city I heard a super loud noise and its a huge aircraft flying over. It passes by and then comes back but this time it had a sputtering soundf and then the engines give out and it crashes. But usually in my dreams the crashing comes right at me, so I run like hell to avoid it with parts flying everywhere. Its crazy.
Then I "wake up" and some friends are around in a different looking store and I start telling them about my dream. then I suddenly realize wait I was at my friends house (I had fallen asleep on his recliner chair during an episode of anime like I sometimes do at night) and tehn realized THAT was a dream too. So I had a three layered dream, inception style.

I don't know if I've ever had a dream I could articulate that well. Usually they're so bizarre I end up forgetting because I can't even make sense of them (if that makes any sense).

Same. Only got about 4 hours of sleep

I somehow managed 12 hours. Of course, what that means is that I won't be getting much sleep tonight seeing as I woke up a whole 2 hours ago.

cajunator

Banned
I don't know if I've ever had a dream I could articulate that well. Usually they're so bizarre I end up forgetting because I can't even make sense of them (if that makes any sense).

I somehow managed 12 hours. Of course, what that means is that I won't be getting much sleep tonight seeing as I woke up a whole 2 hours ago.

Well its actually not the first plane crash dream ive had. They occur somewhat often.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The only recurring dream that I can remember is the quite common 'teeth falling out' dream. Been a while since I last had it though.

Well... I've slept 12 hours or so total today and still feel like that, so that's something.

I always feel like garbage when I sleep too much. It sucks.

Articalys

Ouch. Is it your main computer?
Yes.

However, some more quick checking has revealed good and bad news, mostly due to the fact that my initial assessment was a knee-jerk reaction. Good news is that at least I can still play sound through my TV if I hook it up via HDMI, so at least I still have a way to watch anime, even if it's not quite as convenient. Bad news is that the laptop speakers themselves don't seem to work and it won't recognize if I plug headphones into the headphone jack, so it's still probably hardware failures on that end so I won't be able to use this laptop normally for anything music-related ever again.

Bad news is that the laptop speakers themselves don't seem to work and it won't recognize if I plug headphones into the headphone jack, so it's still probably hardware failures on that end so I won't be able to use this laptop normally for anything music-related ever again.

I guess you could get one of those USB soundcard things if you really want to use headphones. Still, sucks that it doesn't work right.

Just finished Nichijou, I wish it wasn't over. Such a funny awesome show, I was in tears laughing at the temple incident scene and the house of cards scene. Now on to finish K-On season 2 and the movie.

Articalys

So I need to ask, just for my worst-case scenario, and since it seems damn near impossible to find a non-barebones laptop with Windows 7 these days... is Windows 8 really as bad as it's been made out to be?

LayLa

So I need to ask, just for my worst-case scenario, and since it seems damn near impossible to find a non-barebones laptop with Windows 7 these days... is Windows 8 really as bad as it's been made out to be?

Nah, you can boot to the desktop and avoid anything to do with the Metro interface if you want (I'd recommend buying Start8 by Stardock, it's $5). Then it becomes like a W7 service pack update with some nice little updates here and there.

Get Windows 8, get Start8 from Stardock ($5) and then you'll be fine. In all reality, Windows 8 is the better OS, so long as you avoid the Modern UI stuff and Start8 does a very good job of tucking that all away so you never have to see it.

edit- LayLa knows what's up.

Just finished Nichijou, I wish it wasn't over. Such a funny awesome show, I was in tears laughing at the temple incident scene and the house of cards scene. Now on to finish K-On season 2 and the movie.

My favorite parts were the high jump and the Mio doujin stuff. Lots of really funny moments though, so everybody should at least find something they like in it.

LOLDSFAN

Nah, you can boot to the desktop and avoid anything to do with the Metro interface if you want (I'd recommend buying Start8 by Stardock, it's $5). Then it becomes like a W7 service pack update with some nice little updates here and there.

Get Windows 8, get Start8 from Stardock ($5) and then you'll be fine. In all reality, Windows 8 is the better OS, so long as you avoid the Modern UI stuff and Start8 does a very good job of tucking that all away so you never have to see it.

edit- LayLa knows what's up.

The fact that you have to do any type of modification to it should be telling enough lol. That's too bad that you can't find any laptops with 7 on it. :<

MrMooMoo

Alright, just started Nichijou to continue on my KyoAni binge.

Why is it so funny,
Why didn't it sell :/

Hyouka is up next probably.

Top Bottom