• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON! Community |OT3| Keep on Keep on Singing Songs!

K-On! 01

Poor Yui, she has no idea what's in store for her.

Re-watching it dubbed. Of course, I'm used to the Japanese voices so it's strange at first. The English voice for Ritsu is probably the weirdest one. But it's ok. The comedy still works.
The dub is certainly something. The voice choices are fine for me, it's the lackluster localizing is what bugs me.
thats...azusa...
No, that's Mio.

I just watched a bit of a dubbed episode to see how it was and their voices do sound weird

Eek, good luck with that! I put one of my discs in the other day and cringed when I heard the English voices. It's just not right!!!

Hehe. Some of the voices are better than others at least.

This is the stuff I got from Anime Matsuri

Nice!

It's actually Kirino

Oh wait...still to soon for me

http://i.minus.com/izFR8GWSI71c8.gif

of2VZi2.gif

Happy St Patrick's Day, Keions. <3

Same to you!

Yikes that is a depressing sad gif lol :(

It's from Clannad. You should watch it sometime!

nice get! whats the first item anyways? at first i thought it was a figure but its not.

It is a figure:
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/144273

The dub is certainly something. The voice choices are fine for me, it's the lackluster localizing is what bugs me.

With the songs you mean?

Am I the only person that liked oreimo, even the last few episodes?

Nah. There are more people who liked it.
Not me though.

K-On! 02

Love at first sight.

Yui finally got a guitar after getting an advance on her allowance, some hard work and haggling. Too bad she'd rather want to pose with it and uh... sleep with it than to play it...

Already gotten used to the English voices. I didn't notice when watching it the first time, but the animation looks a bit rough sometimes. Guess I just remember the much better looking movie more.

What kinda work do you do?

I'm a configuration designer for a mobile telecoms network :)

giphy.gif

I can't go into too much detail for various boring confidentiality reasons, but I act mostly as a consultant in solutions delivery for a few of the IT systems operating on the mobile network I'm based within. It keeps me out of trouble/off the streets ;)

I can't go into too much detail for various boring confidentiality reasons, but I act mostly as a consultant in solutions delivery for a few of the IT systems operating on the mobile network I'm based within. It keeps me out of trouble/off the streets ;)

Very cool!

I'll take it out of the box later and take some more pics~

cool

giphy.gif

sounds awesome :)

K-On! 03

Master of procrastination

Studying is hard work. Both for maths and chords. Good thing Ritsu is helpful to have around... or... maybe not. At least the actual test went fine even if certain things were forgotten.

Basically how they skirt between weeaboo speak,direct translation and Americanization. It will be more apparent when Azusa shows up.

Ah, ok.

K-On! 03

Master of procrastination

Studying is hard work. Both for maths and chords. Good thing Ritsu is helpful to have around... or... maybe not. At least the actual test went fine even if certain things were forgotten.

Ah, ok.
Though perhaps I find that dubs should try to expand the shows audience beyond just those who are already fans of the show, and likely stick with the original voices anyways.
Though if they want to go all weeaboo, they should go all in, not just stick their toes in.

I would watch clanned but im not up for a feels trip

How about watching Kanon first? Only half the length and still a lot of feels! Also got better comedy IMO.

I like... Things...

Though perhaps I find that dubs should try to expand the shows audience beyond just those who are already fans of the show, and likely stick with the original voices anyways.
Though if they want to go all weeaboo, they should go all in, not just stick their toes in.

Well. I'll see if I notice anything particular grating.

This is the stuff I got from Anime Matsuri:

Bi87dxlCYAI0fpF.jpg:large

Bi87h-lCAAAQoBJ.jpg:large

Bi87nEyCAAAsh0b.jpg:large

Very nice! I'll be on the lookout for her...maybe she'll turn up preowned on AmiAmi eventually.

yup, coming in tomorrow for a final interview and to process papers, dunno what the final interview is but I must have gotten the job already if im gonna be signing papers

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow!

I can't even read certain episode summaries without getting feels...

uMHNWfS.jpg

I made it through all of Clannad once...not sure if I can take doing it again. Or maybe Kanon will put me in the mood for it. I'll be watching some more tonight ;)

giphy.gif

And here I am just trying to learn Oracle/SQL and PL/SQL development without causing my brain to explode lol. Sounds like some pretty cool work though.

I like... Things...

tumblr_n11of8fWNc1s21xzoo2_500.gif

:D

Top Bottom