• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON! Community |OT3| Keep on Keep on Singing Songs!

To be honest, I find most modern anime to be lacking in substance and seems to be targeted towards the otaku demographic.

Well... It's definitively targeted towards the otaku demographic. It's surprisingly funny though.

Yeah, that one.

It's from the full length OP that's an extra on the Blu-ray Disc release AFAIK. Dunno if it's also on the DVD copy. It has some extra footage that's not seen in the series.

Hey hey.

It's from the full length OP that's an extra on the Blu-ray Disc release AFAIK. Dunno if it's also on the DVD copy. It has some extra footage that's not seen in the series.
Damn, that's why I couldn't remember where it was from, cause i never seen it before. Wonder if I should buy....oh GOD the price ;_;
yeah most of my taste is older shows like ge999 and stuff
You dissapoint me aiko...always with your aiko ways
I kid :p

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Very nice! I'll be on the lookout for her...maybe she'll turn up preowned on AmiAmi eventually.

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow!

I made it through all of Clannad once...not sure if I can take doing it again. Or maybe Kanon will put me in the mood for it. I'll be watching some more tonight ;)

And here I am just trying to learn Oracle/SQL and PL/SQL development without causing my brain to explode lol. Sounds like some pretty cool work though.

:D
Thankies!

tumblr_mn0ww9Bnoa1rlmkyxo1_500.gif

foxuzamaki

Every country has has people who deny their war crimes, US surprisingly was able to get away with it with alot of ease.

I usually just lurk here, but I decided to speak up since we are talking about Japan, its history, and anime as a whole here. I am gonna type up a paragraph I have been sitting on, so bear with me.

"Japan-a country weakened, made impotent in its defeat. The more anime has attempted an honest understanding of this impotence, the more ripples it has caused, and the more the otaku have been shunned within Japanese society. Neither the otaku nor the otaku-haters realize that these works are merely a form of self-portraiture. No, they actively don't want to realize it."
-Takashi Murakami (with reasearch asistance from Ryusuke Hikawa)

You can dislike Japan all you want, but trying to lump Japanese war crimes with anime like K-On is hypocritical to me. Also, trying to lump a whole country into anything, especially when there is plenty of Japanese people who feel the same way you do, is kind of sad.

Don't hate, appreciate.

I usually just lurk here, but I decided to speak up since we are talking about Japan, its history, and anime as a whole here. I am gonna type up a paragraph I have been sitting on, so bear with me.

"Japan-a country weakened, made impotent in its defeat. The more anime has attempted an honest understanding of this impotence, the more ripples it has caused, and the more the otaku have been shunned within Japanese society. Neither the otaku nor the otaku-haters realize that these works are merely a form of self-portraiture. No, they actively don't want to realize it."

You can dislike Japan all you want, but trying to lump Japanese war crimes with anime like K-On is hypocritical to me. Also, trying to lump a whole country into anything, especially when there is plenty of Japanese people who feel the same way you do, is kind of sad.

Don't hate, appreciate.
That's a great quote. Feel free to join in with us more if you want!

foxuzamaki

Don't hate, appreciate.

I dont know how I missed this post, great post btw

Top Bottom