• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON! Community |OT4| No Music, No Smile!

D3RANG3D

im being serious, i think most people who are anime fans in the west give more leinancy to japanese va's because the fans don't speak japanese, so they can't tell if the acting is good or not, but with english va's, they can tell.

now, i will admit to not being able to speak japanese, but i can still tell if there is good acting or not. and people who act like the state of english dubbing is still like it was in the 80's or 90's are, quite frankly, morons who need to stop being so moronic.

This isn't the cowboy bebop/adult swim era with stellar dubbed acting, it's 90% is terribad.

D3RANG3D

hahahahahhaha

wait you serious?

Uh cowboy beboop/shamploo/Big-O Full Metal Alchemist etc all have fantastic voice acting are from the same era. The modern stuff is terrible/mediocre or sound like it's voice acting for a cheesy comic super hero cartoon movie and is out of place an jarring as fuck. Let's say you have a passable voice actor/actors it goes to shit when they start pronouncing Japanese names.

D3RANG3D

well

you're wrong

and dumb

so shut up

iroQPbyG2o5kS.gif

GrandHusk

dubs are better than subs always :)
they are

why would i want to listen to a shitty whiny japanese va who doesn't even know what a teenager sounds like?
im being serious, i think most people who are anime fans in the west give more leinancy to japanese va's because the fans don't speak japanese, so they can't tell if the acting is good or not, but with english va's, they can tell.

now, i will admit to not being able to speak japanese, but i can still tell if there is good acting or not. and people who act like the state of english dubbing is still like it was in the 80's or 90's are, quite frankly, morons who need to stop being so moronic.
B1FEwtd.gif

Kazzy

One sweeping generalization isn't rendered moot, by using another. There's truth to be found on both sides.

One of the biggest problems (everywhere), is the relatively small pool of 'regular' actors. Even as someone who doesn't watch everything (or all that much, truth be told), I still find there is a lot of overlap.

One of the biggest problems (everywhere), is the relatively small pool of 'regular' actors. Even as someone who doesn't watch everything (or all that much, truth be told), I still find there is a lot of overlap.

One (of many) reasons I don't like watching dubbed anime is because it's usually the same 6 VA's on every show.

Top Bottom