• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Ubiquitous Kpop bear strikes again.

kiS6n.jpg

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
How long will SNSD be in NYC? I fly in tomorrow evening :(

If they had come out there singing Gee in their different colored tight jeans or Genie in their Air Force outfits. Then it would be a different story. The Boys plus those outfits are going to get that reaction though.

Agree so hard

Just watched it.....

was happy they were on TV, but at the same time I didn't think the performance was that great....small stage made things too awkward and the remix wasn't that great.....

but a plus was that Sooyoung, Sunny and Seohyun looked absolutely beautiful, as always.....

Biscuits

At first I thought the remix was a bit too fast, it seemed like the girls were sorta struggling to keep up. But overall I'd say it went well. Regis agrees.

No fanchants though :(

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm getting addicted to making avatars now and omggggg now I want to use theseeee

KjYkV.png
Ecjzt.png

Weekly avatar switch may have to become a thing.
Eraldo and Ranvier can fight over these:

qwpuz.png
iWrmp.png

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Haha, I am now irrationally annoyed that I can't make it to the signing. I'll only be a short subway ride away, but I'll be in NYC for business. So close, yet so far.

What do you think Taeyeon's reaction will be if I bring my arcade stick for her to sign?

1.jpg

Dice

Hyomin is forever stylish. Look how nicely her outfit goes together, even with her current hair color. Eunjung's scarf also goes quite nicely with her coat, both of which are well matched to her fair skin and dark hair.

Mmmm... I love a woman who knows what looks good on her.

I don't know why but Jihyo dating her boss makes me sad.

on the other hand, SNSD on Letterman. Wow! i had my doubts but they looked like they belong. I don't think comparisons to PCD is bad. Acceptance was always the biggest hurdle and comparisons to a well known western act is a good first step.

I looked at past korean performances and it looks like they changed up the choreo. What ever they did it worked. Kpop on Letterman, that's HUGE. Door is wide open now. Who got next. lol.

Salazar

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/02/girls-generations-sunny-becomes-the-mc-for-music-island

Girls’ Generation‘s Sunny has been selected as the MC for SBS MTV‘s ‘Music Island’!

SBS MTV revealed on February 1st through their homepage that Sunny would be the host for its new show.

‘Music Island’ will be the first music program to carry out its broadcast on Jeju Island, and will feature performances from a variety of artists every week.

Sunny will be filming the 1st and 2nd episode at the Jeju Convention Center on February 14th. The first episode will broadcast on February 24th.

Badass.

Dice

Was that because they won the triple crown? Are they the only idols that do this type of community publicity? I remember they went on the subway to give out CD's after winning a music show a little while ago.
Yeah, other managers seem to think it's good to reward their performers with rest when they have had great success. KKS thinks it is better to have them continue to bust their asses, yet in new and innovative ways. I mean, I guess Eunjung can't do much right now, but she can still hobble around in crutches across slushy ground and say hi to people.

Salazar

Dice probably has a point, tho.

The whole internet jacking Milkham's pics and dicking slightly with the colours.

You take killer photos.

Conceptor

Missed these from before. Great shots milkham.

Salazar said:
The whole internet jacking Milkham's pics and dicking slightly with the colours.
I blame tumblr with the whole edit/manip thing they love to do. I've seen a few of the Korean fansites, those that don't require a KSSN and/or and allow for Intl. registration, explicitly ask for people not to edit the photos that they shoot and to credit the source, etc.

Salazar

PqWQ1.gif

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/02/blady-to-return-as-a-5-member-group

Girl group Blady is gearing up for their return with a new member!

On February 1st, SY6 Entertainment revealed, “Blady, who made their debut with ‘Crazy Day‘ and was recognized as one of K-Pop’s Top 10 on YouTube by people all over the world, will be recruiting a new member. They will be re-forming as a 5-member group.”

The group debuted with original members Darae, Kangyoon, Bunhong (‘Pink’), and Sunyoung. They previously revealed their plans to add a new member with each new album to eventually form a seven-member group. With the incorporation of new member Nahyun, two more spots have yet to be filled.

Nahyun is reported to be a 21 year old who studied to be a stewardess and has been in the spotlight as an ‘ulzzhang‘. She’s been training for two years, and is said to be proficient in many talents, one of which includes possessing quick wit for variety shows.

Nahyun will be introduced to the public through advertisements for health drink, ‘Linteus 96.7′.

Uh, everyone remembers Blady, right ? Right ?

Dice

I remember they had a kickass debut stage, then disappeared for a few months, then had one more stage, then disappeared. They also had the shittiest video ever.

was recognized as one of K-Pop’s Top 10 on YouTube by people all over the world
What kind of insane spin did they put on what facts to come up with this?

Nahyun is reported to be a 21 year old who studied to be a stewardess
Didn't make the cut, huh? I saw T-ara's Dream Girls.

and is said to be proficient in many talents, one of which includes possessing quick wit for variety shows.
Pretty sure you have to be known by the public to get those gigs, and I'm pretty sure that requires being on stage more than twice a year.

I'm being harsh, but I quite liked them.

Dice

You know, with the way Dave said "Look, the girls are here, everybody!" and thanked them in Korean, I think maybe he was already a fan. -_^

So I hear some of you like Sooyoung...

qE2fV.jpg

Subitai

Haha, I am now irrationally annoyed that I can't make it to the signing. I'll only be a short subway ride away, but I'll be in NYC for business. So close, yet so far.

What do you think Taeyeon's reaction will be if I bring my arcade stick for her to sign?

1.jpg
I'd be as interested in what all the other fans you'd be waiting with would say.

My friend badgered me to catch Letterman last night. Now convinced me to watch Kelly this morning. 45 min.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom