• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I won't be on here (CST) for an hour. I guess I'll see it on youtube before it's on my TV.

Dice

If it has wider shots and less cuts, that's an improvement.

What if they become friends with J.Lo?

ryan-ts

If it has wider shots and less cuts, that's an improvement.

What if they become friends with J.Lo?

They make a Disney movie, of course.

I'm asking this because I honestly don't know, is J.lo still relevant in the US? I haven't heard anyhing about her since her debut period like..20 years ago.
I'd say yes. She's not gigantic or anything but the average person knows her and her newer songs all got a lot of playtime on the radio.

JustinBB7

I'm asking this because I honestly don't know, is J.lo still relevant in the US? I haven't heard anyhing about her since her debut period like..20 years ago.

T.O.P

Banned
32442r7asrq.gif

scaled.php

1482tumblr_lyj4pfYdUs1r0wbfyo2_250.gif
8220tumblr_lyj4pfYdUs1r0wbfyo1_250.gif

77tumblr_lyj4pfYdUs1r0wbfyo4_250.gif
8899tumblr_lyj4pfYdUs1r0wbfyo5_250.gif

Gonna buy those Tom Ford glasses tomorrow, already have those spike earrings and the yes/no ones :D

.....kill me please

@Love the the TE Aruarian :eek:

Alta1r

either way doesn't matter. worse things have been said about them in this thread.

Lol.

At this point I find it hard to imagine being into kpop without being into the whole thing.

There's a good amount of people in this thread like that. Including myself for the most part.

Looks like Seohyun got a nice glance at it :p

That top pic really makes it look like there are too many girls in the group because its so crowded haha

Lol, poor Seohyun. And yeah, that top pic almost makes it look like there's 15 of them.

ryan-ts

Here we go....

FAN CHANTS!

Sooyoung slipped a little.....performance ruined...not really.

That was pretty great. Howie is awesome, haha.

impromptu interview

fany saying um :(

The interview was fine, they even taught Kelly a dance move. I'm sure most people were not too focused on Fany getting a little nervous.

Dice

lol morning shows have the worst sound systems.

other than that, I'd say it went alright, and the response was positive enough.

they should get a spot on ellen. she knows how to have a music guest.

Wortany

Gah, watching 20 minutes of boring ads to get called away the moment they perform.
That's a fail.

Atleast it seems they did okay?

ryan-ts

Gah, watching 20 minutes of boring ads to get called away the moment they perform.
That's a fail.

Atleast it seems they did okay?

Yes, I'd say between the two performances SNSD did more than just okay. Glad to see they got another chance at America after that terrible MTV interview last year.

Alta1r

For Alta1r

qneWv.jpg

With avatar.
ULuZ4.png

Haha, thanks. But there can only be one..

I don't necessarily dislike SuJu, but I don't see any asian boy band make it in merica.

Yeah. I can see Leesang or some rap duo, especially since incorporating house music and/or foreign sounding music into mainstream rap/hip-hop has been getting bigger and bigger. GD & TOP could probably do it. Boy band, no so much.

Alta1r

Dat ass will stay relevant for a while to come.

Here we go....

FAN CHANTS!

Lol, what! Did this actually happen? I caught just the end of the performance and the couple questions afterwards. I liked their getups for this one.

impromptu interview

fany saying um :(

"Your English is very good."
"I was actually, um, born in America."
pause

Haha, that part was pretty funny.

ryan-ts

Lol, what! Did this actually happen? I caught just the end of the performance and the couple questions afterwards. I liked their getups for this one..

They cut out the chants after "GG!" Howie said the fans were singing along the whole time though.

"I was actually, um, born in America."
pause

Haha, that part was pretty funny.
You know last semester I had something pointed out to me. A lot of people from Socal say Um. It's weird because I never noticed until my linguists teacher mentioned it. But yeah it happens a lot.

Peru

Performance-wise Letterman was much better. This was just a regular ol' run-through. But it's nice to have an interview.

Alta1r

They cut out the chants after "GG!" Howie said the fans were singing along the whole time though.

Awww, lol. I heard the GG on the link posted below. That would have been hilarious if they let them keep it up the rest of the song. I didn't hear Howie mention the singing the first time through when they stopped for the interview. Wonder how many Sones invaded.

You know last semester I had something pointed out to me. A lot of people from Socal say Um. It's weird because I never noticed until my linguists teacher mentioned it. But yeah it happens a lot.

Ahh. I've always been told it's one of those nervous ticks. Either way, it wasn't bad, just noticeable. Howie knows "gamja," lol.

Late for work because I watched Live with Kelly. Then again, I pretty much set my own hours so that doesn't really matter.

Performance was much less impressive, but it was nice to see some interaction. The crowd certainly went much more crazy for them too.

I will say it was much easier to tell they were actually singing.

Fafnir

I was hoping Howie's Korean word was going ssheki.

Loving Sunny's reactions during the interview section, she's so pro.

cGhHr.png

Alta1r

Haha, I am now irrationally annoyed that I can't make it to the signing. I'll only be a short subway ride away, but I'll be in NYC for business. So close, yet so far.

What do you think Taeyeon's reaction will be if I bring my arcade stick for her to sign?

1.jpg

I think Eraldo has one like this as well. Probably of Sooyoung or Gyuri.

I was hoping Howie's Korean word was going ssheki.

Loving Sunny's reactions during the interview section, she's so pro.

cGhHr.png

Haha, Taeyeon looks bored as f*ck at the end.

Fafnir

Reactions in the OT are what I expect of mainstream America and the typical cynical netizen. Let me try to keep it going over there.

Reactions in the OT are what I expect of mainstream America and the typical cynical netizen. Let me try to keep it going over there.

Reactions in the OT are what I expect of insecure and/or pretentious 16-30 mainstream American males. Hypocritical on top of it, since most of their music taste is equally horrible.

Although honestly, I've said it once and I'll say it again, I'm less interested in kpop for music than for other reasons, aside from a few exceptions like GD&TOP, Clazziquai and a handful of others. But if you look, I would bet that the haters in that thread are probably close to the same haters in the Lana Del Ray thread (although I don't think she's particularly good either). I just hate all of the pretension. Although it is fun to be pretentious as trollin.

Peru

I usually play that role of ridiculing pop haters but I just can't be bothered this time. I don't have the energy to repeat the same arguments ad nauseam.

Dice

I usually play that role of ridiculing pop haters but I just can't be bothered this time. I don't have the energy to repeat the same arguments ad nauseam.
Me either. I've dropped a couple taunts, but I can't do it for real. Some guy is saying there is no variety in Korean music and claims to be in Korea right this moment. That's too much for my mind to comprehend let alone attempt to argue with.

Me either. I've dropped a couple taunts, but I can't do it for real. Some guy is saying there is no variety in Korean music and claims to be in Korea right this moment. That's too much for my mind to comprehend let alone attempt to argue with.

Yeah, I almost wanted to post some shit in response to that, but it's probably not good to feed the trolls.

Reactions in the OT are what I expect of insecure and/or pretentious 16-30 mainstream American males. Hypocritical on top of it, since most of their music taste is equally horrible.

Although honestly, I've said it once and I'll say it again, I'm less interested in kpop for music than for other reasons, aside from a few exceptions like GD&TOP, Clazziquai and a handful of others. But if you look, I would bet that the haters in that thread are probably close to the same haters in the Lana Del Ray thread (although I don't think she's particularly good either). I just hate all of the pretension. Although it is fun to be pretentious as trollin.

What's funny are the Lana Del Ray fans saying that SNSD is manufactured pop music.

T.O.P

Banned
I have that feeling like they're saying bad things about my (imaginary) son after his first theatrical play in mid school D:

Alta1r

Lol, speaking of being in Korea, I applied to a couple summer jobs out in Seoul as potentials in case I can't get anything out in LA/SF/NY. It was more as it'd be cool and kind of funny if it happened than anything else. Now I have an interview lined up for one of them and just heard back from the other one. I'm aaaalmost tempted to take one if I can get it except that jobs at law firms in America over the summer are currently paying about 10x more. But still...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom