• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fafnir

Alta1r get your priorities straight, you never going to marry Yoong living in America.

durvH.gif

Should have realised, thought there was something familiar about his avatar. Not too mention the ridiculousness of the comment. Taeyeon might not be my favorite, but to come to a conclusion like that from that one picture...

Silly me.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The utter hatred in that thread is staggering.
I like how the reasoning behind most of their arguments against kpop also throws all of the most lauded forms of music performance in the world under the bus. It's also fun how blind they are to the emulation and rehearsal in every popular western act simply because the mannerisms and attitudes displayed are what they have been trained to accept as genuine.

Protip: It's all genuine, and all mimicry. Artistic performance is a funny thing.

Dayam, how did you get so close?
That Yoona one is really close. I bet he copped a feel. You guys should battle to the death now.

Fafnir

I have a customer presentation in an hour and that thread is making me procrastinate even more as it's pretty entertaining to see the same regurgitated trolling path: manufactured shit music, how many are there, look the same, soulless robots, plastic surgery, etc.

I see it as the only bad publicity is no publicity. At least Soshi and kpop have invaded their minds and they have formed an opinion of it whether good or bad.

wVTWj.gif

Kyon

Banned
So as predicted the general US citizen who never heard/seen kpop hates Soshi. Even though Soshi slayed and they actually danced and sang live unlike 90% of the chart toppers.

Yeah.

Niks went a little too far with his joke though. Kim is beautiful :eek:

Spectacular avatar. Needed you to know that

I like how the reasoning behind most of their arguments against kpop also throws all of the most lauded forms of music performance in the world under the bus. It's also fun how blind they are to the emulation and rehearsal in every popular western act simply because the mannerisms and attitudes displayed are what they have been trained to accept as genuine.

Protip: It's all genuine, and all mimicry. Artistic performance is a funny thing.

Ignorance is bliss and opinions about a subject people are unfamiliar with are usually based on ignorance. Its too bad, but thats what we get with the internet and anonymity.

So as predicted the general US citizen who never heard/seen kpop hates Soshi. Even though Soshi slayed and they actually danced and sang live unlike 90% of the chart toppers.

You are judging this based on a demographic (GAF) which is pretty much polar opposite to the one they are aiming at. I think it's a little premature to draw this conclusion.

ryan-ts

It's just GAF, don't get too worked up. There are probably people out there that have already torrented the entire SNSD discography and have it on their ipod after hearing The Boys last night.

By the way, has the OP of that thread ever posted here? I do not recognise him/her.

I have a customer presentation in an hour and that thread is making me procrastinate even more as it's pretty entertaining to see the same regurgitated trolling path: manufactured shit music, how many are there, look the same, soulless robots, plastic surgery, etc.

I see it as the only bad publicity is no publicity. At least Soshi and kpop have invaded their minds and they have formed an opinion of it whether good or bad.

wVTWj.gif

That's true. I quickly disregarded SNSD the first time I was introduced to them when they were being spammed all over 4chan during Gee promotions. I probably wouldn't have given them a second look if I didn't recognise them when I stumbled upon Oh on youtube.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Damn. America is spoiled right now. Letterman last night. Kelly today. WONDER GIRLS MOVIE TOMORROW? HYPE LEVELS ARE CURRENTLY SET TO MAXIMUM.

Not really. Gonna be cheesy as fuck. I will still watch it and hopefully enjoy it. Yenny <3

ryan-ts

That's true. I quickly disregarded SNSD the first time I was introduced to them when they were being spammed all over 4chan during Gee promotions. I probably wouldn't have given them a second look if I didn't recognise them when I stumbled upon Oh on youtube.

I did the same thing. I had gotten into the Brown Eyed Girls and convinced myself there was no other good K-Pop. After listening and watching Oh then Run Devil Run on youtube, I soon converted.

Damn. America is spoiled right now. Letterman last night. Kelly today. WONDER GIRLS MOVIE TOMORROW? HYPE LEVELS ARE CURRENTLY SET TO MAXIMUM.

Not really. Gonna be cheesy as fuck. I will still watch it and hopefully enjoy it. Yenny <3

Still debating on whether or not to watch it, if only to see if they say For Shizzle more than once.

edit: Just realized how much I love For Shizzle

G-Fex

I left a few other threads for probably good. I might just hang out here.

I thought the girls did great in their debut.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Uhhh, I guess their recent interviews, her last christmas video and that picture of her in a silver dress.. you posted it not too long ago. Damn, she is amazing.

Alta1r

So much Soshi hate, and this is the same GAF that white knights for Justin Bieber at the drop of a hat.

It's all good. Trash-talking is fun. Actual hate is pointless, and a waste of time trying to argue with on the internet.

Wowowow @ J.Estina Yoona

baumlv9p.gif

k2zvtgoq.gif

Dice

Uhhh, I guess their recent interviews, her last christmas video and that picture of her in a silver dress.. you posted it not too long ago. Damn, she is amazing.
IKR. Their interviews make me fall in love. Plus I think Yenny is easily the best female singer in kpop, in terms of the styles of singing kpop generally spans. Plus she can be really adorable...

yenny23t7f8.gif

And finding that required a very fun trip through my archive...

wtSVi.png
u77Cr.png

MW0lu.jpg
HJSiU.gif
sX5Lg.gif

ynqhj.gif

229420772udydx.gif

cce4f.jpg

sSM5S.jpg

c1F6v.jpg

And I just saw this on tumblr...

71tE9.gif
r3U5y.gif

dWF4t.gif
jGrI3.gif

rofl

Dice

Yeah their english is really nice.
Jessica can talk to me all day. I don't know why but I have the hots for her so strong lately. I think I remember Tiffany not sounding so fobby in prior shows where she spoke in english. I guess she got rid of one accent by gaining another one.

G-Fex

Jessica can talk to me all day. I don't know why but I have the hots for her so strong lately. I think I remember Tiffany not sounding so fobby in prior shows where she spoke in english. I guess she got rid of one accent by gaining another one.

Yup. They came off as charming and adorable.

Alta1r

Niners ;_________;
Still pretty mad. Why, Kyle Williams?

Don't remind me... As an LA-native, this Superbowl is a lose lose situation. Either the winner will be the hated Patriots (by extension of Lakers-Celtics rivalry) or the team that just beat my surrogate team (Niners) in such a painful fashion. On a side note, I wonder how much shit KWill got for that after the game..

tumblr_lypogeKKWk1qf1ngjo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lypogeKKWk1qf1ngjo2_500.jpg

Also, can any of the computer-savvy people here help me out with getting this Altair avatar transparent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom