• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

AP pics.

aoslw.jpg
LgiNM.jpg

mGe9j.png
n7x7n.png

hIAGN.png
wl4yT.png

W_Dreamer

That Letterman thread just keeps on giving. I wonder how much longer I'll get to enjoy it before they lock it up.

Yeah it posts like this that show how ignorant people's perceptions can be:

The strangest thing I get from this topic is why you like your favorite member, because of their "charming, interesting personality." Where are you seeing this?

These girls were basically bred from adolescence to whatever age they are now to be media puppets. Whatever personality you have seen from them in music, tv, EVERYTHING, has been carefully designed, edited, and approved by their management. Just like reality TV in the US, whatever shows you see them in are not the "real" them but some kind of pseudo-reality where everything is pre-scripted and edited for maximum punch and effect.

Then you have the whole idea of "picking" your favorite girl in the group, which is just like picking out your Barbie or some other doll: you just project your own ideals and interest into a "totem" of your affection.

This reinforces my opinion that Korean Variety TV >>>>>>>>>> Western Reality TV. He can only reference US Reality TV which is so inferior to top-tier K-Variety.

ryan-ts

Associated Press doesn't mess around.

Could they have taken a worse picture of Yuri? looks like she's totally disgusted by the sight of Mickey.

Salazar

Could they have taken a worse picture of Yuri? looks like she's totally disgusted by the sight of Mickey.

Maybe she doesn't know how to sign it. There was a pic a while back of something someone got her to autograph, and it had scribbles crossed out and "NO" written underneath it, and then a successful signature, lol.

cC2I8.jpg
NrTTt.jpg

VZuS9.jpg

OpWKH.jpg

Salazar

Time to exit, Kpop bros. No more posts for the retard contingent. They are beyond the reaches of persuasion, hygiene, culture, sense.

g19zI.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm just trying to understand. It has been like having an argument with someone about what constitutes a quality sausage and then I just found out they're a vegetarian.

W_Dreamer

Thats basically it. Their posts are born from ignorance.

How can anyone expect them to have reasonable opinions about something they have never seen....

Alta1r

I'm just trying to understand. It has been like having an argument with someone about what constitutes a quality sausage and then I just found out they're a vegetarian.

Haha. That thread has been oddly reminiscent of the god/atheism threads. At times highly enraging but ultimately futile in terms of convincing someone one way or another by actually posting. It's grade A entertainment though.

Alta1r

Seungyeon is Pikachu, no doubt.

Lim is Jynx.

Time to exit, Kpop bros. No more posts for the retard contingent. They are beyond the reaches of persuasion, hygiene, culture, sense.

g19zI.gif

It's like arguing with your girlfriend when she's angry for no reason. You eventually get her to calm down and ask her what she wants and she says "just say sorry." Or worse "I don't know" lol. That's been the thread in a nutshell.

Salazar

I heard Kpop agencies are experimenting with gene splicing. The stem cells of failed trainees get reconstituted into the new ones.

Brave Girls underdog post.

q07jU.gif
R8Akp.gif

SNoyv.gif
T5cti.gif

It1lR.gif
fwYLY.gif

Deadly

Can't believe the Letterman thread is still alive. While I agree/understand on some of the opposing points some others are just batshit insane. It's also funny how for example Dice replies with huge detailed (to a certain extent) arguments but the other side has only a couple sentences. If one is going to post multiple times disagreeing with no details, why can't he post once with a concise argument instead so everyone can understand clearly?

I mean I can understand people not liking kpop but at least try and back it up so others can understand why. We all have our own opinions. It'd be nice to just have a good debate over it but alas this is the internet...

Fafnir

That thread served it's purpose, hopefully some lurkers took an interest and can see past the blind hatred. It's interesting to see the misconceptions of the ignorant as it reminds me of myself when I first was getting interested in Soshi/kpop. I had similar misconceptions but not quite as vile.

We should make a drinking game out of the next OT kpop thread and take shots for every post of: shitty music without any example of what they listen to -> soulless plastic surgery dolls programmed for aegyo -> self-loathing Koreans chiming in -> kreepy fandom. It'll probably be the same schmucks chiming in as well.

Dice

Well after extensive nagging and digging, I have finally worked out an exhaustive description of exactly what their problem with kpop is:

"There is difference between kpop and things that are different from kpop. Their exact way of doing things gives me a bad feeling."

Alta1r

MOAR

I know, Brave Girls stuff is hard to find. :(

Unfortunately. Yejin is straight up unfair..

We should make a drinking game out of the next OT kpop thread and take shots for every post of: shitty music without any example of what they listen to -> soulless plastic surgery dolls programmed for aegyo -> self-loathing Koreans chiming in -> kreepy fandom. It'll probably be the same schmucks chiming in as well.

We'd die.

Dice

Hey, if it's on youtube. You should find that talk show that SNSD was on when they had some FinKL member as a surprise guest, and she talked about what idol life was like and what she took from it and tells the girls. That was some good talkin in respect to how idol life affects you from someone who lived through it. I'm too lazy/tired to find it right now.

Ym1r

Hey, if it's on youtube. You should find that talk show that SNSD was on when they had some FinKL member as a surprise guest, and she talked about what idol life was like and what she took from it and tells the girls. That was some good talkin in respect to how idol life affects you from someone who lived through it. I'm too lazy/tired to find it right now.

I suppose you mean this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ggr20xjzjac#t=496s

I liked it, she gave a lot of insight. The whole dating thing was cool to hear too.

Edgeward

There a cut of Seungyeon part in Pit a Pat only with subs? Only found Sunhwa and Lizzy before. No matter, I guess I'll just see the whole thing in it's entirety.

Dice

There a cut of Seungyeon part in Pit a Pat only with subs? Only found Sunhwa and Lizzy before. No matter, I guess I'll just see the whole thing in it's entirety.
It's all good, except for that pathetic suju member.

Biscuits

awwww its just with minho? I expected some big shot korean actor.

oh well, at least its not SJ.

seriously sbs, how could you hired a kindergarten student to be a cameo on drama/sitcom?
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom