• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fafnir

Suzy is not leaving Miss A. That "news" is complete BS and fake.

That Suzy rumor is so sketch. The usual sites are not even re-translating any of that garbage. Basically gave that site some free ad clicks for posting fan fiction.

Regardless I can't wait for my homeboy Seunggi to give her a proper on screen kiss in their drama.

MB8Gg.gif

I don't wanna shit on the thread or anything, but why are some non-Americanized Koreans racist as fnck?

One of my female Americanized Korean buddies who's a member of the Filipino student group in my uni basically got yelled at by a bunch of transfer students from the Korean student group since she was telling them that their time in the dance studio is up. I don't remember the exact conversation as the asshole from KSG was cussing her out in Korean but he was basically telling her that she's a dumb bitch for dancing with us Filipinos and she's embarrassing Korea for hanging out with other races. The other Koreans who's also in the Filipino group got so riled up there was about to be a fist fight in there... then my asshole Korean friend shows up out of nowhere and grabs the angry/yelling dude's Galaxy S3 then yells out in Korean "Fnck your motherfncking chaebol father!!" and throws the phone against the wall where the glass is practically cracked to hell and back(sidenote: Gorilla Glass is fncking awesome lol).

At this point, the yelling dude is obviously pissed off like a mother but his girlfriend(supposedly) breaks up the incoming fight and tells the yelling guy that if he throws even a slight punch, he's gonna get kicked off the school. And as usual, my asshole friend kept egging him on until they left. And yeah, the dude just left. The cops never showed up in the 2 hours we were in there after the incident, and my buddy who broke the phone fortunately hasn't suffered any consequences yet.

TL;DR: Un-Americanized Korean dude yells at my female friend for dancing with Filipino's and calls her a disgrace to Korea, then my asshole Korean buddy breaks the guys phone and a fistfight was about to happen until the girlfriend of the yelling dude stops it.

With that said, are some Koreans really this racist? I mean I understand that everyone's a racist one way or another, and this may be just a special case but I've noticed that a lot of the Korean-Americans never really hang out with the transfer students here in my uni, so I don't know what to think. I'm just a little baffled that there some people like this in college.

giri

I don't wanna shit on the thread or anything, but why are some non-Americanized Koreans racist as fnck?

One of my female Americanized Korean buddies who's a member of the Filipino student group in my uni basically got yelled at by a bunch of transfer students from the Korean student group since she was telling them that their time in the dance studio is up. I don't remember the exact conversation as the asshole from KSG was cussing her out in Korean but he was basically telling her that she's a dumb bitch for dancing with us Filipinos and she's embarrassing Korea for hanging out with other races. The other Koreans who's also in the Filipino group got so riled up there was about to be a fist fight in there... then my asshole Korean friend shows up out of nowhere and grabs the angry/yelling dude's Galaxy S3 then yells out in Korean "Fnck your motherfncking chaebol father!!" and throws the phone against the wall where the glass is practically cracked to hell and back(sidenote: Gorilla Glass is fncking awesome lol).

At this point, the yelling dude is obviously pissed off like a mother but his girlfriend(supposedly) breaks up the incoming fight and tells the yelling guy that if he throws even a slight punch, he's gonna get kicked off the school. And as usual, my asshole friend kept egging him on until they left. And yeah, the dude just left. The cops never showed up in the 2 hours we were in there after the incident, and my buddy who broke the phone fortunately hasn't suffered any consequences yet.

TL;DR: Un-Americanized Korean dude yells at my female friend for dancing with Filipino's and calls her a disgrace to Korea, then my asshole Korean buddy breaks the guys phone and a fistfight was about to happen until the girlfriend of the yelling dude stops it.

With that said, are some Koreans really this racist? I mean I understand that everyone's a racist one way or another, and this may be just a special case but I've noticed that a lot of the Korean-Americans never really hang out with the transfer students here in my uni, so I don't know what to think. I'm just a little baffled that there some people like this in college.

There are racist morons everywhere in the world.

From my time in korea, they're not really that bad, we certainly didn't have any problems.

Deadly

FOB Asians tend to be racist nothing new. They don't usually show it though.

There are racist morons everywhere in the world.

From my time in korea, they're not really that bad, we certainly didn't have any problems.
Yeah, the guys you met were just assholes. Although it is rare for Korean International Students to be friends with non-Koreans, I don't think racism is the main reason for that.

Ashhong

As a Korean, I can say yes, some are really racist. Koreans are elitist, especially the fobbier ones obviously.

edit: You won't see this behavior much in Korea since well, most of the people are Korean. It's when the fobs come to America that I notice it. Korean guys especially are stereotyped to be overly confident and thinking they are better than everyone, especially other Asians. Just how it is with some people.

milkham

I think this kind of attitude of superiority towards other asians is pretty common in Asia. Korea vs China vs Japan.

Yeah, the guys you met were just assholes. Although it is rare for Korean International Students to be friends with non-Koreans, I don't think racism is the main reason for that.

This part is also quite baffling imo. It's like, why are they even here in a foreign land if all they're going to do is to stick with their own kind? Even when I was a fob I was friends with every race in junior high and I only had one Filipino friend who remains as one of my best friends today, funny thing is the other 2 are Mexicans. I agree that racism isn't probably the reason for that, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

If I was a transfer student, say like in France or something, I'd befriend everybody I can and live the life of Parisian if possible, enjoy everything in France and yes that includes women of course. :p

As a Korean, I can say yes, some are really racist. Koreans are elitist, especially the fobbier ones obviously.

edit: You won't see this behavior much in Korea since well, most of the people are Korean. It's when the fobs come to America that I notice it. Korean guys especially are stereotyped to be overly confident and thinking they are better than everyone, especially other Asians. Just how it is with some people.

That's interesting and I guess that explains a lot of things. Kinda sad how it is though, if they opened up even a little bit and started hanging out with the other Asians, they might actually wanna stay here in the US instead.

The boings are there on the old version too... I don't remember them being there but now I can't not hear them. 1:37 boingboingboingboingboingboing

edit- I like Saturday Night =(

jokkir

With that said, are some Koreans really this racist?

From what I heard from my friend who lived in Korea all her life (28-ish years there), yes, there are a lot of racists there. They mainly discriminate on the darker skinned people and are "accepted" if you're light skinned (Asian, white, etc). She was telling me this story of how an Indian man went to Korea and asked for directions but everyone just gave him a look when he asked. And when a white skinned person asked, they'd help him no problem. It kind of surprised me and at the same time didn't. idk.

man, i still think about going to the big bang concert. flights from germany are 100€. i really wanna see them.

Its not something to think about, just do it :p

Its bad enough Europe doesnt get enough K-Pop love unlike us spoiled brats here in LA, and someone like BB wont likely come back to Europe for a long time so seize this opportunity and go for it ;)

#YOLO

Blablurn

Its not something to think about, just do it :p

Its bad enough Europe doesnt get enough K-Pop love unlike us spoiled brats here in LA, and someone like BB wont likely come back to Europe for a long time so seize this opportunity and go for it ;)

#YOLO

so true. so you guys dont think they will go to a different city?

A series of divine fancams of Sistar from DC SY GALL. First of all, So Cool with Soyu focus. Soyu doesn't receive nearly enough love here on GAF, I consider her to be one of the hottest idols around. Just 2nd after Yuri.

Loving U, Hyorin focus
This one has some amazing close ups of all the girls in between songs, talking gibberish.
Ma Boy, Dasom focus
And 30 seconds more of amazing close ups and incomprehensible gibberish.

I'm not a robot, so I have never judged artists by putting together their scores collected from a checklist. None of the greatest artist of all time were the best singers in the world, some wouldn't have made it anywhere on a talent show. The complete package is the only thing that matters.

That would have been fine and dandy if you said she was one of your favorite artists or something. You claimed she's iconic on the world stage.

Man, hating safety pantsu so hard right now.

Remember when everyone was worried about Yuri's figure/health...

Nope. Never happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEJ1H17wdHs

"we are going to be even more sexy and mature" *releases teaser with schoolgirl and innocent look*

I really couldn't care less how they spin it, they look fucking great in that teaser. All of them, Hyeri in particular. Hype increasing.

MAMA nominations are out

Stopped reading after best new female artist.

so true. so you guys dont think they will go to a different city?

Well, JYJ did go to Berlin last year but as for BB, theres a possibility they might open another date in EU, but better be safe than sorry :)

Chances are, the UK tickets will be sold out, so in the event of them opening another date in Europe closer to where you live, its guaranteed you can sell your ticket to someone else.

Blablurn

Well, JYJ did go to Berlin last year but as for BB, theres a possibility they might open another date in EU, but better be safe than sorry :)

Chances are, the UK tickets will be sold out, so in the event of them opening another date in Europe closer to where you live, its guaranteed you can sell your ticket to someone else.

thats what i thought too. im sure there will be some crazies who gonna look for them in ebay. hmmmmmmmm, life's difficult decisions :D

vanty

She looks fine. It's just an awkward pose.

You wanna talk freaky, look at Sooyoung's thighs. Hooooly shit
Her legs look basically identical to Seohyun's in that image apart from the jeans being tighter at the knee.

The freakiest thing about the image is the shitty overall photoshop job. Almost seems like they went left to right, and after doing three the work-experience kid took over.

Alta1r

Soshi for G-Star Raw Japan.

tumblr_mcdtkv4Uuc1qb1285o5_500.jpg
tumblr_mcdtkv4Uuc1qb1285o4_500.jpg

@_______@

Wtf. Your friend breaking the guy's phone is f*cked up. I was on your friend's side until this part of the story. If that fobby dude needs a lawyer, tell him I got his back. ;)

Also, I don't think it's blatant racism per se in the sense that he hates Filipinos (he might). It sounds more like he was annoyed about getting kicked out (gotta practice those Dream High moves) and turned to a common insult in non-American ethnic groups, i.e. being "whitewashed" or "a disgrace to the home country," especially between the fobby members and the "Americanized" ones.

tumblr_lzwrfz8vmp1qfydrko1_400.gif

first pic is probably just fb's shitty compression though

Moar! What happened to Krystalbomb part 3??

tumblr_mbk4s4vbN01qbt3dl.gif

Peru

'Tiger oppa who's always listening intently to the songs I make' - LE on twitter

lf1p.png

I reeeaaally like how she's this right hand or protege of Shinsa-Tiger now, it means even if EXID continue not selling she's going to be a presence in k-pop, on stage or behind the scenes.

spink

Fafnir

Korean Nationals look down upon Korean Americans for not following tradition and see them as rude. KA look down upon KN for being fobby and old fashioned. In my experience, Korean-National/Americans are quite cliquee, myself included. Besides my core group grew of Koreans I grew up with, I really haven't made too many other Korean friends.

Most of my friends outside of my clique are Filipinos and black because they are way more open and inviting. With Koreans I have to go through the awkward phase of age hierarchy, where am I from in Korea, what dialect I speak, what do I do, what do my parents do, what does my siblings do, what church do I go to, what's my blood type...yeah it's just way too much of a hassle.

As to the racism towards Filipinos from KN probably stems from that the only Filipinos that the KN's have come in contact with are the migrant worker men and sex trafficed juicy girls at US military bars. Couple that with elitist attitude and isolationism they will naturally look down upon Filipinos and pretty much all other Asian races.

I'm sure if you guys had a bite to eat with some drinks you would probably become good friends, until one of you pours a drink with one hand and all hell breaks loose.

bBHLG.jpg

flIwv.jpg

ulOLs.gif
UGPEo.gif

m1WOg.gif
DAC8p.gif

BQ8vV.gif

9Muou.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom