• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narolf

Banned
Hyorin ft. Bora - Alone 2.0

Well, it's that Sistar19 resolves around a concept on their own anyway. They are a "conceptual group" so it's only natural their current works may be akin to past ones.

Le numéro '19' signifie l'âge d'une femme mature et qui incarnera aussi le sentiment d'innocence qu'elles ne sont pas certaine de ressentir. Les jeunes femmes vont nous dévoiler ces sentiments à travers le concept et de leurs paroles.

"Number19" represents the age of a mature woman who will also incarnate the sentiment of innocence women (of that age) are insecure about.

Edit: Sorry for double-posting. Would've expected someone else to post in the meantime.

vanty

iSUBS just put out 108. Maybe doing the "nothing for several weeks, then five releases in a fortnight" thing again.

Jeeeez.....

akb48 member Minegishi Minami gets caught sleeping over at some male idol's house so she shaves off her hair as an apology

R9dhSTZ.jpg

mbJZFnT.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlzrIgacADU

Peru

what
the
fuck

I mean. One thing is dating rules. Another thing is actually enforcing dating rules and firing members, hardly legal and setting the worst kinds of examples.

Even worse is shaving your head as a ridiculous sacrifice to the horny possessive fans. So because she's one of the most famous members she's not fired, only demoted to understudy and humiliated in an ugly way. Nice.

Imagine Hara benched and scalped.

ryan-ts

Just bought two Leessang albums; Hexagonal and Asura Balbalta. Loving everything especially the peaceful songs.

Hexagonal is one of my favourite Korean albums, the first 5 songs in particular have gotten a lot of plays from me.

Jeeeez.....

akb48 member Minegishi Minami gets caught sleeping over at some male idol's house so she shaves off her hair as an apology

That's just messed up.

Peru

Joking aside I find that genuinely disgusting. I can't really see myself even casually enjoying the catchy singles they sometimes put out from now on. I mean I've seen people fired for this silly shit, but this is publically humiliating a woman in the worst way for nothing at all. A pillory to punish slutty behavior. New low.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If a parent did that to their daughter there would be outrage. Is there anyone left to be outraged over this or are they all just numb to how much fucked up shit there is surrounding AKB48?

Narolf

Banned
As much as I've always praised Asian countries for sticking to their ethics, I would never have expected any of them to get to this far...

Alta1r

No. They couldn't fill it up all the way with extra seats during the Super Bowl a couple of years ago lol. But regular seats are always full though. I haven't been to a Cowboys game, but I was there when Manny Pacquiao fought Clottey back in 2010 and it was ridiculous... starting from ringside all the way up to the nosebleeds. I'm sure they broke the fire code that time.

Holy shit. 100,000 people in person watching the fight. That atmosphere must have been INSANE. Can't imagine how many fights must have broken out that night between drunken fans, lol.

In what manner do people enjoy the elements of a song without this perspective from such experience? I have no idea. It's obviously different. It has to be. I'm not saying it is better or worse, but it is certainly different. Yes, there are still more vague things like atmosphere or swagger or whatever, but no song will ever find success on solely that with me.

Makes sense. It's like wine connoisseurs. They can tell a hint of this versus a touch of that versus a mix of x and y and z. I can tell whether its a cab or a merlot or a pinot and whether I like it or not. But anything more finetuned than that and I'm done. But it still tastes good. It's about the output rather than the input, for me. The ingredients going in don't matter as much as the sum of the parts coming out.

Jeeeez.....

I wonder if she came up with the idea herself or the company made her do it. I could see in a fan culture that's this averse to idols having a sex life that she might have suggested the idea herself due to her shame at being caught.

On a more pleasant note:
tumblr_mhgg4dqehM1qeeesfo1_500.jpg

Dice

I wonder if she came up with the idea herself or the company made her do it. I could see in a fan culture that's this averse to idols having a sex life that she might have suggested the idea herself due to her shame at being caught.
Or one of the other girls. It's highly competitive. After watching a special on Maeda Atsuko I could believe it being from Minami herself or one of the other girls. Either way, if it weren't for the psychotic fans it wouldn't be this way, and if she wasn't forced into it she should have been talked down from it.

Yes. I can restrain that, but the important thing is that the listening experience is forever tied to the doing experience. That connection cannot be undone. And the doing experience is not merely a mechanical or intellectual thing, but you tie up all your emotions into that stuff. The feeling when you interact with the music and put your own expression into it, even if it's all laid out for you in sheet music, is a dynamic thing. I don't relate it to dancing with a partner for no reason. It's a ride, unity and exchange, weight and balance, general directions of movement with creative details, and lots of feelings throughout, which are vital to succeeding in what could surely be described in technical ways.

In what manner do people enjoy the elements of a song without this perspective from such experience? I have no idea. It's obviously different. It has to be. I'm not saying it is better or worse, but it is certainly different. Yes, there are still more vague things like atmosphere or swagger or whatever, but no song will ever find success on solely that with me.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I honestly can't see a way to enjoy music the way I see it now and I don't even know if I'm capable of doing that lol.

Also, for musical swagger... I refer you to JT's "Suit and Tie." Lush sounds, very minimalistic production and the beat has a certain feel that oddly keeps the song grounded and it has the right amount of swagger to keep that draws you in, but it's not the crucial part of the song.

Speaking of which, whoever composed that Sistar19 song should've been listening to some Timberlake. This is how you do a seductive song, it's a guaranteed panty dropper haha.

Holy shit. 100,000 people in person watching the fight. That atmosphere must have been INSANE. Can't imagine how many fights must have broken out that night between drunken fans, lol.

Oddly enough, it wasn't that bad lol. There were your usual annoying Filipino fans but for the most part everyone was having a good time. There was a couple of fights, but nothing major that got on the news. Just some small fights that the police broke up really quickly.

Kuno

Jeeeez.....

That's insane! I was interested in what she said in the video, so I googled it and found this translation from Tokyohive:

I am very sorry for worrying the members, you fans, staff members, my family, and many people for the article about me on a weekly magazine that will be released today.

As the first generation member of AKB48 that was formed back in 2005, I was supposed to be in the position where I always had to act as a role model for the junior members. However, what I have done was such a thoughtless and a lack of self-awareness behavior.

Since my mind is still in blank, I did not know what to do or what I can do, but as I just saw the magazine, I could not sit still, so I decided all by myself to shave my head without even telling the members or my agency.

I do not expect that I would be forgiven by doing this, but what I first thought was that I did not want to quit AKB48.

I was unable to think of leaving AKB48 now where the members I love and spent my youth together, and you warm fans are. I know this is being over‐optimistic, but I want to stay as Minegishi Minami of AKB48 if possible.

It was all my fault about this. I am very sorry.

I will leave everything to Akimoto-sensei’s and the management’s judgement. Though I haven’t been able to sort out my feelings, I just wanted to tell you how I was feeling right now.

Thank you.

Ashhong

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I honestly can't see a way to enjoy music the way I see it now and I don't even know if I'm capable of doing that lol.

Also, for musical swagger... I refer you to JT's "Suit and Tie." Lush sounds, very minimalistic production and the beat has a certain feel that oddly keeps the song grounded and it has the right amount of swagger to keep that draws you in, but it's not the crucial part of the song.

Speaking of which, whoever composed that Sistar19 song should've been listening to some Timberlake. This is how you do a seductive song, it's a guaranteed panty dropper haha.

Oddly enough, it wasn't that bad lol. There were your usual annoying Filipino fans but for the most part everyone was having a good time. There was a couple of fights, but nothing major that got on the news. Just some small fights that the police broke up really quickly.

Hate Suit and Tie. I have yet to talk to anybody in real life that loves the song, let alone would drop their panties for.

neoism

Hate Suit and Tie. I have yet to talk to anybody in real life that loves the song, let alone would drop their panties for.

i love it .... i got the version without jz though his lyrics were shit... but the song is nice with repeated listens

luso

22nd Seoul Music Awards Winners

PSY - Daesang
Secret - Bonsang
Epik High - Bonsang
f(x) - Bonsang
2NE1 - Bonsang
Huh Gak - Bonsang
SHINee - Bonsang
SISTAR - Bonsang
PSY - Bonsang
miss A - Bonsang
BIGBANG - Bonsang
Lee Seunggi - Bonsang
Super Junio​​r - Bonsang
SISTAR - Digital Music Award
G-Dragon - Best album
Lee Seunggi - Popularity Award
SHINee - Popularity Award
K.Will - Best R and B Award
CNBLUE (Jonghyun) - Best OST
Double K - Best Hip Hop
Super Junio​​r - Special Hallyu Award
Kim Jang Hoon - Culture Performance Award
EXO-K - New Artists Award
Ailee - New Artist Award
B.A.P - New Artist Award
Lee Hi - New Artists Award

Ashhong

i love it .... i got the version without jz though his lyrics were shit... but the song is nice with repeated listens

Yea I know plenty of people online love it, nobody around me does though haha.

Anybody know what show it is where I think all of SNSD did some kind of variety with HaHa and he's dressed like an old woman or something? Looks like they are in a cabin of some sort. A link would be swell :)

Dice

This takes the edge off.

Twitter said:
0cGnEgw.jpg

Kojima Haruna:
It’s fine! She’s a cute little sister

Shinoda Mariko:
I like Miiconiq* too( *`ω´)

Maeda Atsuko:
Miichan is important family. I’ll support her no matter what happens

Takahashi Minami:
Miichan do your best.
My dear companion

My precious family

Itano Tomomi:
No matter what happens we’ll always be friends

I love Miichan
It's still fucked up, though.

luso

The ‘Bonsang award’ winners are chosen through voting (20%), digital/album sales (50%), research (10%), and panel judgement (20%). One artist is then chosen from the group of Bonsang winners for the prestigious ‘Daesang’.

Basically the top artists.

tatsuki

This takes the edge off.

It's still fucked up, though.

Meh, I don't feel sorry for her. I'm all for Idols dating or spending the night. It's their own fault if or when they get caught though. They know full well what the consequences could be. Seems like really poor planning on her part that night. Hopefully shaving her own head(which was unnecessary) & apologizing was enough to keep her job.

giri

Meh, I don't feel sorry for her. I'm all for Idols dating or spending the night. It's their own fault if or when they get caught though. They know full well what the consequences could be. Seems like really poor planning on her part that night. Hopefully shaving her own head(which was unnecessary) & apologizing was enough to keep her job.

No one of any sex of sexual persuasion should feel ashamed for having sex.

If it's a part of your image as a singer/entertainer then, that's basically part of your job, though on the whole, i think it laughable that people think all of these idols aren't getting it on. Most are 20-somethings that are really hot. Most aren't holding prayer vigils at night.

But abject humiliation? no, thats just dumb.

I don't necessarily want to hear about them going door to door and banging anything and everything that moves though.

I heard Suzy didn't get an award though, just the other 3 members.
Makes sense, Suzy is basically the Bora/Hyoyeon of Miss A.

neoism

Jeeeez.....

R9dhSTZ.jpg

mbJZFnT.jpg

this is very sad.. :/ poor girl... are these company this bad goddamn... Make's me wonder about SNSD ... and SM I've heard some shit about them... anyone know if SNSD is treated well and fair now a days since they pros and know their worth.... i'm sure they had to pay their do's the first few years. The amount of stuff they did in Korea this month is insane and the were mostly tired as fuck the whole time...K-POP works everyone to hard

Tangeroo

But abject humiliation? no, thats just dumb.

While I'm saddened about what Minegishi did to her hair, it's pretty clear the decision was self-imposed. She's one of the most hardcore members in the group when it comes to fan-service so this decision, while regrettable, isn't out of character for her.

Idol companies (this one in particular, considering AKB's history) will demote you, transfer you to a different group or make you graduate early. It's embarrassing, perhaps, but they know better than to incite the wrath of their fans by forcibly humiliating their idols by making them physically alter themselves (starvation diets aside).

iSUBS just put out 108. Maybe doing the "nothing for several weeks, then five releases in a fortnight" thing again.
I'm willing to wait for iSUBS. Their work is impeccable.
Hexagonal is one of my favourite Korean albums, the first 5 songs in particular have gotten a lot of plays from me.
tumblr_lybqq8ovVz1qca9quo1_500.gif

Justin is great but to make Suit and Tie the big comeback song after 6 years was underwhelming. I hope he brings the heat with the next song.

giri

While I'm saddened about what Minegishi did to her hair, it's pretty clear the decision was self-imposed. She's one of the most hardcore members in the group when it comes to fan-service so this decision, while regrettable, isn't out of character for her.

Idol companies (this one in particular, considering AKB's history) will demote you, transfer you to a different group or make you graduate early. It's embarrassing, perhaps, but they know better than to incite the wrath of their fans by forcibly humiliating their idols by making them physically alter themselves (starvation diets aside).

So it's ok to be up in arms if the company seeks to punish you in any other way than firing you. But entirely fine if they fire the person? I'd say the clear threat that she would be fired is as much a motivational factor here as an "genuine fan service".

It's as self imposed as a cashier or help desk person standing there and copping abuse from a customer. They only do it because otherwise, you get fired.

Tangeroo

So it's ok to be up in arms if the company seeks to punish you in any other way than firing you. But entirely fine if they fire the person? I'd say the clear threat that she would be fired is as much a motivational factor here as an "genuine fan service".

It's as self imposed as a cashier or help desk person standing there and copping abuse from a customer. They only do it because otherwise, you get fired.

I hate to say it, but yes... it's okay to fire one of your idols for breech of contract. Do I think she should be fired? No. But it's in her contract.

It'd be nice if there weren't contractual clauses like this but they exist primarily due to the rabid nature of the fanbase. I understand if most folks disagree with me but part of this clause is to protect the idols themselves. Idol fans (aka the Dokishes) are some of the most socially unstable folks around with little concept of what's acceptable and what's not.

I agree with you that it's no big deal for these 20-somethings to get their groove on. Their fans generally don't agree and there is a strong chance that a handful of them could/would react violently if the company took no action in regards to these kinds of relationships.

Even some Jackie Chan fans committed suicide when they found out that he was married.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news-article/jackie-chan.s-marriage-sparked-suicides

TLDR version: I agree with you that it shouldn't be a big deal but that's not the world they live in. The fans are the reason why it's a big deal and why these companies implement have these policies. And Minegishi didn't do it to avoid getting fired. She did it as her twisted way of apologizing to her fans.

Selane

So what are people's thoughts on the new Hello Venus song? I thought the concept looked kind of goofy beforehand but I think the song's actually pretty good.

Also I'm not sure what happened but Yooyoung actually looks halfway attractive here. I guess she's not bad when she actually stops with the tryhard cutesy stuff for a few seconds. Too bad I want to punch her in the face the rest of the time.

Peru

Parading her around in that state is ugly, whatever she thinks of it, whatever the rules are. It's public slut shaming. Not right in this century, not right when it happened during the 2nd world war. Indefensible new low from an already systematically sexist institution.

It's not actually legal you know, but they don't stand up for themselves because it would do more damage to their careers.

It is clear that the AKB48 chastity clause fails to meet the court’s criteria for legitimate grounds for dismissal.
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/communi...-take-back-your-lost-love-lives/#.UQr4kr8z0uc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom