• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesskid1

Banned
heres the trans from allk

MWYBjJj.jpg

A Cube Entertainment announced through a press release, “We first want to apologize to all the fans for having to deliver news of this nature. Yookyung, who debuted on April 19th of 2011 and received a lot of love while shedding tears and smiling with many fans over the past 2 years, will no longer be with us as an A Pink member.”

“Yookyung has always tried her best since her debut and has been a hard working member. After debating for a long time between continuing as a celebrity and focusing on her studies, as well as the other six members’ futures, Yookyung and her agency have made this very hard decision,” the agency continued, and added, “As Yookyung will be entering university this year, she will no longer be A Pink’s Yookyung, but a student like others her age. Please support her and her future.”

luso

Hyosung picture
Horrible, first pic looks like a bird opening her mouth.

Happy birthday!

Apink member leaving

I only know 3 names of Apink, so I even didn't knew who was.
If she comes from rich family she was luck enough to have a chance. Either it was already somehow pre-planned or they saw that the results of idol life weren't as expected.

Also, i'm now on ep 5 of Fashion king.

Show is pretty entertaining.

Hmm. I heard it was shit, so I never checked it out. Kinda wanna see it for Yuri. If it's good then I definitely gotta check it out.

got me like oh my god im so in love I found you finally you make me wanna say

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNG

ozetKNE.jpg

lXM89um.jpg

1920x1080 wallpapers

Gorgeous. Definitely a top 3 rookie along with Yooara and Narae. Remember I called her first. I'm always ahead of the game. One of these days everyone will realise how gorgeous Soyu is.

0Lzg1PC.jpg

I honestly didn't even realize it was a teaser pic, it was so forgettable

Fucking dreadful. I give it 5/5 Perus.

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

When you gotta go...you gotta go

And if you're a girl, you gotta bring some friends.

Woah. She may be bottom two in the group, but that still sucks hard.

Are SNSD, 4minute and Secret the only groups that still have their original lineups?

Chesskid1

Banned
Cube just said they will be adding a new member to replace Yookyung, for their next comeback. Still have to find her, though.

don't see a comeback happening for months.

Selane

ahmagad

As many people as there are who will say it's because she was bottom-tier in the group, I completely buy the official reason that it was for education. Her family is fucking rich, so there was probably a conflict of pursuing idol career and fulfilling parents high expectations.

Yeah, they could afford to just buy out her contract. I also wouldn't be surprised if she ends up going to school somewhere other than Korea.

Hopefully the new member is awesome, you never know.

No No Eul

yookyung has left apink

WTF? I mean, she wasn't exactly my favourite member but even so... That's a damn shame.

Cube just said they will be adding a new member to replace Yookyung, for their next comeback. Still have to find her, though.

Presumably Cube has plenty of trainees waiting in the wings.

What if they pick up Hwayoung.

That would be so weird. Also, I'm not sure why but in my mind, I imagine Hwayoung being about a foot taller than the girls in Apink.

tumblr_mhkmyhU27R1ql0xjyo1_250.gif
tumblr_mhkmyhU27R1ql0xjyo3_250.gif

tumblr_mhkmyhU27R1ql0xjyo2_250.gif
tumblr_mhkmyhU27R1ql0xjyo4_250.gif

tumblr_mhkmyhU27R1ql0xjyo5_500.gif

Chesskid1

Banned
so looks like yookyung was forced out of apink

PcpkOWZ.jpg

Her father's tweets:

"You only live once anyway, you shouldn't resort to betrayal. It'll act as a boomerang and come back to you. That's the way the world works.

"(to @yookyunggom) Thank you for hard work running this site all this time ㅎㅎ and sorry. It will be difficult for Yookyung as well. Didn't receive notice of the news until a month ago suddenly... Stay healthy and find success."

also, http://all-apink.com has just announced they will shut down because of yookyung's leave.

PcpkOWZ.jpg

Her father's tweets:

"You only live once anyway, you shouldn't resort to betrayal. It'll act as a boomerang and come back to you. That's the way the world works.

"(to @yookyunggom) Thank you for hard work running this site all this time ㅎㅎ and sorry. It will be difficult for Yookyung as well. Didn't receive notice of the news until a month ago suddenly... Stay healthy and find success."

also, http://all-apink.com has just announced they will shut down because of yookyung's leave.

w4Et4.gif

llehuty

Wow, netizens

1. [+700, -91] Yeah, well, it's not like she needs the money considering she's from a rich family... She suffered herself trying to call herself an idol with that face

2. [+617, -100] She has the ugliest face in the group, definitely not a face to call yourself a celebrity with.. and it's not like she was a great singer like Eunji either. It'd be better to find success with education ^^ especially coming from a rich family

3. [+492, -41] Her family's rich so not like it matters for her

4. [+131, -7] She got into college through A Pink and now she's leaving ㅋㅋ

5. [+110, -5] She got into Joongang University with special treatment and now she's leaving ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

jaejoong_popcorn.gif

Pendulum

PcpkOWZ.jpg

Her father's tweets:

New target identified!

TaraFanCoreContentsMediaEgging.gif

-----

Jaekyung

-----

Regarding that new celebrity couple:

Also, this day may be the best day of Dispatch reporters’ lives

tumblr_mlmknygpjV1qdcel5o1_250.gif

dokish

Banned
Pretty dumb arguments.

Because she's rich, doesn't mean she shouldn't be doing what she wants, just because she doesn't need to, having "all that money".

She's rich, she likes singing (or whatever), deal with it. Only poor people should have dreams? lol

I have no idea who these 'netizens' are in Korea. 10 year olds? 15? 20?
I'm glad I never crossed with any of them. All the people that I met there don't like the K-Pop scenario.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
They're mad because her test scores were apparently crap and she shouldn't have gotten into that university. Then they take the concept of an easy/privileged life and apply it to her not sticking things through with A Pink and working to improve despite not being a good (read: most pretty or best singing) idol. Korea is super competitive and some people see slots getting filled by those who don't deserve it as much as someone else and so hate those people. The way they are thinking is someone who got better test scores should be in the university and someone who would have stayed with the group should have had her place in A Pink. She already "got in" to a rich family by luck, so she should have to fully earn any other privileges.

Not a single one of them would be humble enough to turn down the same opportunities if they were in her spot, but that isn't the reality so they will be outraged.

JKTrix

I have no idea who these 'netizens' are in Korea. 10 year olds? 15? 20?
I'm glad I never crossed with any of them. All the people that I met there don't like the K-Pop scenario.
Since I'm not sure if you're not sure,

'netizens' are 'Internet Citizens'. Just people on the Internet. So you are one and I am one, generally. I'm not a fan of the term but it is more civil than just calling everyone a troll.

giri

Hmm. I heard it was shit, so I never checked it out. Kinda wanna see it for Yuri. If it's good then I definitely gotta check it out.

Are SNSD, 4minute and Secret the only groups that still have their original lineups?

Fashion King isn't great, by any means. It's very.. by the books. But it's enjoyable because the lead actress is a cutie and v.good.

Also, yeah, maybe.

I know kara, miss a, after school, t-ara, d-unit, skarf, jewelry, rania, dal shabet have all changed.

Not sure about rainbow, f(x), BEG, and 9 muses?

I don't think 2ne1 have changed? Nep haven't, Spica haven't. AoA haven't. Wonder Girls sort of haven't.

Fashion King isn't great, by any means. It's very.. by the books. But it's enjoyable because the lead actress is a cutie and v.good.

Also, yeah, maybe.

I know kara, miss a, after school, t-ara, d-unit, skarf, jewelry, rania, dal shabet have all changed.

Not sure about rainbow, f(x), BEG, and 9 muses?

I don't think 2ne1 have changed? Nep haven't, Spica haven't. AoA haven't. Wonder Girls sort of haven't.

WG and 9M do not have the original lineups. You're right about 2NE1, f(x) and BEG though. Spica and AoA are still to fresh to count, I am willing to bet 20$ that AoA will not have the same lineup in 2014. And who the fuck is Nep?

Dice

Girl's Day also changed their lineup before Nothing Lasts Forever, then Jihae eventually left.

Miss A didn't change their lineup. All that stuff was predebut promotional activities as JYP trainees who would soon be locking down their group identities.

But yeah, it's so common in the industry I'm not sure why they would shut down all-apink over it. They're being babies.

giri

WG and 9M do not have the original lineups. You're right about 2NE1, f(x) and BEG though. Spica and AoA are still to fresh to count, I am willing to bet 20$ that AoA will not have the same lineup in 2014. And who the fuck is Nep?

Nep-DoraDora

I don't have time to go back over it, but from what i remember, the members were changed very shortly after debut. Maybe it was a Chinese debut first or something?

But i sort of think of Miss A the same way i do Kara, the current group is the real iteration of the group, not the previous versions.

Nep-DoraDora

I don't have time to go back over it, but from what i remember, the members were changed very shortly after debut. Maybe it was a Chinese debut first or something?

But i sort of think of Miss A the same way i do Kara, the current group is the real iteration of the group, not the previous versions.

Miss A is arguable. Kara is not, they even released an album with that other member, before Hara and Kiyoung were added.

beatsan

Neo Member
Don't forget Crayon Pop. They changed a member and name. Formerly...Hurricane Pop.
I know you gais care

I really think if an idol is leaving a group they should just announce it themselves. It looks more legit that way. If a company sends out a statement, it just raises eyebrows and leaves it open to debate.

Horrible, first pic looks like a bird opening her mouth.

Dice

Damn, this is even more nugu than Lay-T.

Yeah, it was promotions in China because all the members were Chinese and it was thought that they'd be like a Wonder Girls for China. However, they never said that outright and they weren't called Miss A. Nothing had been decided on.

Lim went to the Wonder Girls and two members left, and Suzy was added and later Min before debut. I assume all these changes and the drop of the Chinese group concept was because WG were busy bombing in America, so it would be good to make Miss A like a replacement to fill the void Wonder Girls was leaving, which is exactly what they did, being a group marketed for all of Asia.

Dice

Only Kara fans gave a shit about Kara back then. Their legacy as a group began with Honey. Not just because of the popularity and the addition of Hara and Jing, but because that's when they began their partnership with Sweetune.

llehuty

Don't think that changing members, if done early, is a bad thing. I mean, nobody is going to remember the girl from Glam with no lines in the debut song, or the two girls that left 9Muses before Figaro.

giri

Only Kara fans gave a shit about Kara back then. Their legacy as a group began with Honey. Not just because of the popularity and the addition of Hara and Jing, but because that's when they began their partnership with Sweetune.

Meh, If You Wanna is still one of their best songs ever. And thats from the debut album.

Though, hearing about them going to fan meets and only like 3 people showed up in 2 hours seems absurd these days.

Based Kara.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I guess Max won't be the only one calling her by her real name anymore lol

SECRET’s Zinger to go by her real name Jung Hana + comeback teaser photo

http://www.allkpop.com/2013/04/secrets-zinger-to-go-by-her-real-name-jung-hana-comeback-teaser-photo

Fans will now call SECRET‘s Zinger by her real name Jung Hana!

TS Entertainment revealed, “Jung Hana, who has been through a lot during the past year, took a rest for her recovery as well as focused on her album production and writing the lyrics for three out of the four tracks on the upcoming mini album. She has become mature both as a person and as a musician, and expressed her wish to start fresh, so she will be promoting as Hana starting from this album.”

Following the bright and cheerful teasers of Ji Eun and Hyosung, Hana also seems ready for the warm season as she stands beside palm trees in weather appropriate attire, looking as if she’s shouting out to her fans to remind them of the girls’ comeback!

SECRET will return on April 30th with their fourth mini album ‘Letter From Secret‘ with their title track “YooHoo“.

tumblr_mlqghijXLj1rdxn84o1_1280.jpg

Dice

She got fit and doesn't want searches for her name providing pics of her former fatty self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom