• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
God this is such a soothing song, great for winding down the week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3-BDy55tq4
tumblr_mlq172cVBi1qd9kcuo2_250.gif

BOM BOM BOM is smooth as hell.

She looks like a terminal patient. No wonder Soyeon fanboy bailed.

SNSD cut on wowow . BTS, Interview, Backstage, Goofy soshi, etc. Not subbed yet.

tumblr_mnq4erghtT1s1q857o1_500.gif

Gonna wait for subs before watching the entire thing. Just wanted to chime in and point how fucking gorgeous Yuri looks in the JP RDR. I never saw the mv before. Yuri with a ponytail... Can't breathe.

SNSD_-_RDR_Yuri_Point_W.gif

dokish

Banned
I also live in an area of the U.S. with a large Korean population, so I get to enjoy a lot of the things I like about Korea without experiencing as much the stuff that I dislike. Win-win.

That is exactly the same. How do you like jogging in Namsan Park?

I recognize all those issues with Korea, even experienced them, yet I'm still willing to live there, while some people seems to be waiting for "a perfect little world", nitpicking flaws and wishing things get fixed. It's like saying "I like America, but they have a lot of guns in the streets, so, you know, I won't go there".

Once you set for something, once you really like something, I don't think you can resist it. I'm not saying in the future things will work out always as planned, and that's exactly my point: We need to stop rationalizing things and start doing it. If someone feels like living in another country, do it. If afters 7 years you get tired, so what? You got tired. You did what you wanted. I think the import thing is to answer that "call". If you start wondering about the future of politics, driving laws, over 5000 years old cultural things, you are not going anywhere. You might aswell just suicide because the whole world is shitty.

Someone going back to their own country already shows that they don't belong in there. I don't believe we do big things out of "reason", but rather they are about emotions. Anyone here ever made a list about 2 different woman you were interested? "Oh, this one is smart... Oh, but the other one likes science".

When you say nice things about some place, people immediately jump on you trying to convince that that place is bad or that you are delusional. It's like you can only feel "patriotic" about your own country. What if I refuse to be part of that culture? If I refuse my homeland? I can identify with other values, with other society.

Some people turn into atheists, some people turn into protestants.... but they don't make lists. They feel. And they act.

As a motorcycle driver I love people running red light and going on the crosswalk.
That means you are never gonna be late! Funny thing is, although they do crazy shit in traffic, you see very few crashes. Once I saw a "traveling bus" do an illegal U-turn in the middle of a very big avenue, one around Jongro.

EDIT: I'm a nihilist, don't mind me. I can pretty much live in a dumpster.

Peru

What do you think of IV Play? The song. That and Body Party are so goooood.

IV Play is decent I guess. Dream is sort of a lost case at this point I think, don't have much motivation to check out the album. Love vs Money is one of my favorite albums of all time, How to Be A Lady as well, he had a few 100% golden years but after that it's been a steady spiral downwards.

ramyeon

That is exactly the same. How do you like jogging in Namsan Park?

I recognize all those issues with Korea, even experienced them, yet I'm still willing to live there, while some people seems to be waiting for "a perfect little world", nitpicking flaws and wishing things get fixed. It's like saying "I like America, but they have a lot of guns in the streets, so, you know, I won't go there".

Once you set for something, once you really like something, I don't think you can resist it. I'm not saying in the future things will work out always as planned, and that's exactly my point: We need to stop rationalizing things and start doing it. If someone feels like living in another country, do it. If afters 7 years you get tired, so what? You got tired. You did what you wanted. I think the import thing is to answer that "call". If you start wondering about the future of politics, driving laws, over 5000 years old cultural things, you are not going anywhere. You might aswell just suicide because the whole world is shitty.

Someone going back to their own country already shows that they don't belong in there. I don't believe we do big things out of "reason", but rather they are about emotions. Anyone here ever made a list about 2 different woman you were interested? "Oh, this one is smart... Oh, but the other one likes science".

When you say nice things about some place, people immediately jump on you trying to convince that that place is bad or that you are delusional. It's like you can only feel "patriotic" about your own country. What if I refuse to be part of that culture? If I refuse my homeland? I can identify with other values, with other society.

Some people turn into atheists, some people turn into protestants.... but they don't make lists. They feel. And they act.

As a motorcycle driver I love people running red light and going on the crosswalk.
That means you are never gonna be late! Funny thing is, although they do crazy shit in traffic, you see very few crashes. Once I saw a "traveling bus" do an illegal U-turn in the middle of a very big avenue, one around Jongro.
He asked for experiences of living there. We're giving them. I understand that critically speaking of the culture can be seen as negative but at the end of the day I appreciate Korea and the culture for what it is, and the only one jumping on anyone here is you getting worked up because we wrote some things that aren't singing glittering praise for Korea. At the same time you haven't been there as long as either of us and I get that you experienced some really great things in your short time there but what I'm talking about is beyond the day-to-day trivialities of a bus driver being kind or people playing with a kid on a subway.

Plus it's a discussion and it's interesting beyond talking about how hot the girls are or how good the food is.

And there are lots of crashes and casualties from road accidents in Korea. I've seen huge collisions literally outside the front gate of my university. It doesn't help that wearing seatbelts in the back seat is an option, not a law and that very few people choose to do so. Most bad crashes end up with bodies being thrown out windows and all kinds of horrible things.

dokish

Banned
I guess you're right. How long you lived there? Are you going back? We should meet.

I have some private questions that I need answered, it is ok to send you a PM? lol, if you are fluent, you gonna give me loads of help, and I need it.

This time I'm gonna spend one year, I hope I survive college there. ㅠㅠ

ramyeon

I guess you're right. How long you lived there? Are you going back? We should meet.

I have some private questions that I need answered, it is ok to send you a PM? lol, if you are fluent, you gonna give me loads of help, and I need it.

This time I'm gonna spend one year, I hope I survive college there. ㅠㅠ
A year, but I'll be back next year permanently for the foreseen future at least.

I'll take a look at the site when I get a chance and get back to you.

College there is a breeze, it's much easier than courses here in Australia anyway. The hardest part of Korean education is High School, college is an excuse to drink as much as you can in 3 years.

dokish

Banned
A year, but I'll be back next year permanently for the foreseen future at least.

I'll take a look at the site when I get a chance and get back to you.

College there is a breeze, it's much easier than courses here in Australia anyway. The hardest part of Korean education is High School, college is an excuse to drink as much as you can in 3 years.

igbyI9hDKHdPW.gif

I know there are definitely programs in Yonsei (Where I went) for transfer programs and whatnot where you don't need any Korean knowledge and don't need to take classes in language. Not sure about the process involved or cost involved though since I went through an exchange program with my home university, but it could be something to look into.

Yeah, I asked a friend about Sogang out of curiosity and it turns out that the school is a Catholic/Society of Jesus run university with ties to my alma mater in the Philippines. It's supposedly a school full of the good girls and religious types, so for the long term, it might be a good place for me haha.

And they do have a summer program for international students but the entrance date was sometime around April so I'm definitely not gonna be able to try it this summer. Maybe next year, if I can't get an internship or something. As for transferring, I hadn't given it much thought lol.

How's university life in SK btw?

If it's anywhere close to mine(booze->girls->edumacation), then I think I'll fit in perfectly hahaha.

Edit: Fany!!!!!!!!!! @______@

ramyeon

Yeah, I asked a friend about Sogang out of curiosity and it turns out that the school is a Catholic/Society of Jesus run university with ties to my alma mater in the Philippines. It's supposedly a school full of the good girls and religious types, so for the long term, it might be a good place for me haha.

And they do have a summer program for international students but the entrance date was sometime around April so I'm definitely not gonna be able to try it this summer. Maybe next year, if I can't get an internship or something. As for transferring, I hadn't given it much thought lol.

How's university life in SK btw?

If it's anywhere close to mine(booze->girls->edumacation), then I think I'll fit in perfectly hahaha.

Edit: Fany!!!!!!!!!! @______@
Yonsei is a Christian missionary school, too. I think you'll find a lot of Korean universities are, doesn't necessarily mean everyone there is religious though. The few people I know from Sogang aren't.

University in Korea is easy from what I experienced except that they can be strict about attendance. Most students drink a lot, attend the class but don't listen at all and then cram before exams. There's very little teacher/student interaction and most classes are just students sitting down listening to the lecturer for 2 hours. I didn't pay attention in classes at all and passed.

giri

Safety is definitely a big plus as I could go out at night and get really drunk and not have to worry about getting into altercations with strangers, Australians tend to be very aggressive drunks. Just stay away from roads. Even not driving it's an issue, as scooters and motorbikes in Korea tend to believe they have the right to choose whether they want to be a motor vehicle or a pedestrian whenever it suits them. Meaning they never stop for red lights and often weave through pedestrians at crossings or just ignore you and expect you to jump out of the way.

Where the fuck are you drinking Ramy?

I've NEVER got into a fight whilst drunk in AU. And i'm an alcoholic.

ramyeon

Where the fuck are you drinking Ramy?

I've NEVER got into a fight whilst drunk in AU. And i'm an alcoholic.
I seem to attract obnoxious bogans for some reason.

But if you go to the Valley on pretty much any Friday or Saturday night you're guaranteed to see more than a few fights. I only saw one fight the whole year I was in Korea and I was out drinking pretty much every other night lol.

NyoRx

Thanks for the replies. I still have a lot to think about.

Does anyone know how Koreans feel in general about western asians? Like I'm Chinese-Canadian and majority of the stories I hear about living in Korea are from a white guy viewpoint where it's just really obvious they're foreign. This makes it easier(?) for people to either rip you off or be extremely friendly to you since you're foreign and could possibly change your experience. When I went to Korea for a week last year, a lot of people spoke to me in Korean because it isn't exactly obvious that I'm a foreigner. Is there a lot of hostility towards non-korean asians?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. It is kind of difficult to explain. Basically I'm just trying to ask if the experience for an 'asian' exchange student would be significantly different than if I were white and went to Korea.

ramyeon

Thanks for the replies. I still have a lot to think about.

Does anyone know how Koreans feel in general about western asians? Like I'm Chinese-Canadian and majority of the stories I hear about living in Korea are from a white guy viewpoint where it's just really obvious they're foreign. This makes it easier(?) for people to either rip you off or be extremely friendly to you since you're foreign and could possibly change your experience. When I went to Korea for a week last year, a lot of people spoke to me in Korean because it isn't exactly obvious that I'm a foreigner. Is there a lot of hostility towards non-korean asians?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. It is kind of difficult to explain. Basically I'm just trying to ask if the experience for an 'asian' exchange student would be significantly different than if I were white and went to Korea.
A lot of Koreans kind of look down on Asians that aren't Korean to be honest, including Korean Americans as well. But I mean it's not really bad or hostile, Korean racism is very rarely hostile. It's more passive aggressive and subtle. But yeah, all of my non-Korean friends I studied with in Korea were always spoken to in Korean at restaurants or stuff even though they couldn't necessarily speak any at all, but they all had a great time and good experience over there so I wouldn't worry too much.

Ym1r

I don't think it's just Koreans, in general, all Asians hate other types of Asians. We are, literally the most racist people in the world, even if we don't show it, we'll go and talk crap about you later, when you aren't around.

milkham

I don't think it's just Koreans, in general, all Asians hate other types of Asians. We are, literally the most racist people in the world, even if we don't show it, we'll go and talk crap about you later, when you aren't around.

This is very true, especially with those darn Hmong

"Due to demands from fans I've uploaded these with a portion of the photo blurred. I hope you understand."
lol. They've gotta be trolling the fans that complained.
They're not even doing it right
iwKBblv1884Mq.jpg

ramyeon

Yeah I only know well about Japan and Korea but they seem to basically have the same opinion of each other.

giri

honest to god have no idea how you guys are getting into fights in AU.

I mean, I've spent literally hundreds of nights absolutely hammered, and never got into a fight at all.

Though, I don't usually drink in the city, I tend to go to the valley.

dokish

Banned
Way is always wearing t-shirts or hats custom made with her face/name. I wonder if that's a fan work? People must really love her, and not without a reason! <3 I want one too.

img_1918l7kzh.jpg

atomsk

Party Pooper
She really is. Must be them sweet potatoes

-----
CL - Baddest Female Inkigayo Comeback

Actually came in here to see if this was posted, since I mainly listen to k-hop and don't really care for the pop stuff.

That said, the production is a schizophrenic mess. It's like 4 different songs. I wonder if Teddy was the producer or what.

I dug a lot of the early 2k YG hip hop, this is just kind of a bummer. (that Perry solo album had some bangers)

(._.)

Banned
I wanna start doing kpop dance covers and put them on youtube im gonna pull up the carpet downstairs and do it guys!

pikpok

Neo Member
Kahi & Son Dambi @ Baek Ji Young's wedding.
What are you wearing Kahi? :S

Congrats on Baek Ji Young finally tying the knot! Whenever her name pops up I'm reminded of this My Ear's Candy perf. I think Taecyeon was enjoying himself a little too much, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom