• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dex

Han Hee Jung?

You mean rice cake? Sounds like Ddukbokki

That looks like it yeah.

dsc_3722_23.jpg

Ashhong

BA BA BA BA BABABABA

Crayon Pop back to change the game.

double edit - Soyul cam.

Also, I just got round to listening to Hyori's album and it's way better than I expected. Some really low-key, personal songs. Pleasant surprise.

fucking TERRIBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WOW. I'm not sure if the helmet is more ore less embarrassing than their headgear last promotions

Peru

People who don't get the look and image of Crayon Pop seriously baffle me. It's crazy how you've at all followed the pop scene closely at least to some extent and yet are so blind as to what this group's appeal is, what separates them from the rest, why they've built up an enthusiastic fan group.

ramyeon

People who don't get the look and image of Crayon Pop seriously baffle me. It's crazy how you've at all followed the pop scene closely at least to some extent and yet are so blind as to what this group's appeal is, what separates them from the rest, why they've built up an enthusiastic fan group.
I get it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

ramyeon

Of course - but people like Ashong insist on them changing everything that makes them a unique thing.
Oh yeah, that image is essentially all that sets them apart from any other rookie group of their tier. If they changed that I don't think they'd survive much longer.

ramyeon

Maybe that is what Ash wants.
Haha touché. It'll be interesting to see how far they can even take this concept, it doesn't seem like it will catch on outside of their devoted otaku fanbase. Though odder things have become popular in the past, I'll admit.

Can't say I'm a fan though.

Peru

What the hell do I do with timezone in Animal Crossing when it's out next week. I guess I have to set it to Norwegian time and just adjust my play around that even if I'm 7 hours away.

ramyeon

What the hell do I do with timezone in Animal Crossing when it's out next week. I guess I have to set it to Norwegian time and just adjust my play around that even if I'm 7 hours away.
Thank god Korea and Australia's timezones are only an hour apart :0

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
At least you'll have it next week, not in 4 weeks (looking most likely for me)

Peru

You can spend it looking at QR coded clothing.

This f(x) show. Episode 2. Same as f(x) ever was: loud, aimless fooling around. Good stuff. Best k-pop group.

Sully calls Amber 'hyung'

I dunno what possessed me to watch Oldboy again tonight, and jeez, talk about insanity lol.

Last time I watched it was a couple of years ago while being curious about "Asian cinema" and that stuff. Watched it tonight and the film still pretty much holds up the test of time.

Something that bothers me even today is why that "twist" happened so to speak. In a film about the human psyche, I kinda wished they explained why the
incest between Woojin and his sister
occurred. It still really felt like it came out of the left field and, today, it actually felt like jumping the shark a little bit. Of course, unless I was totally not paying attention 3 times, was there ever an explanation why this "twist" happened? Or can I chalk that up to them being
residents of Alabama
?

Also, dat ending...
I'm still convinced he knows

Either way, this movie is still one of the sickest things I've ever seen. The entire buildup before Daesu's flashback was perfectly executed, and when you connect the dots... good lord, I have no words at all.

vanty

Why would have to set it to Norwegian time? Wouldn't it just use the system time and date?

I'm still wondering if I should get it or not.

luso

I know this was a long time ago and probably only for viewers but does anyone know who she was talking about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TCesJBzB4c

This was a Strong Heart episode during December 2009, if my memory is good. I guess now, 2013, not all fingers of all members would be enough to count all dating requests , but I wish that creepy guy is now hidden in a hole.

I dunno what possessed me to watch Oldboy again tonight, and jeez, talk about insanity lol.

Last time I watched it was a couple of years ago while being curious about "Asian cinema" and that stuff. Watched it tonight and the film still pretty much holds up the test of time.

Something that bothers me even today is why that "twist" happened so to speak. In a film about the human psyche, I kinda wished they explained why the
incest between Woojin and his sister
occurred. It still really felt like it came out of the left field and, today, it actually felt like jumping the shark a little bit. Of course, unless I was totally not paying attention 3 times, was there ever an explanation why this "twist" happened? Or can I chalk that up to them being
residents of Alabama
?

Also, dat ending...
I'm still convinced he knows

Either way, this movie is still one of the sickest things I've ever seen. The entire buildup before Daesu's flashback was perfectly executed, and when you connect the dots... good lord, I have no words at all.

I have to rewatch some day, for your question, it doesn't matter, I don't know if original manga explains it, maybe they are like those in Autumn Heart or something, who knows?

New pics
tumblr_mo3zdtM2YG1ryot7ro1_500.jpg

tumblr_mo3wqhDfST1ryot7ro1_500.jpg

tumblr_mo3zqof2PF1ryot7ro1_r1_500.jpg

ramyeon

I have to rewatch some day, for your question, it doesn't matter, I don't know if original manga explains it, maybe they are like those in Autumn Heart or something, who knows?
The manga is pretty much entirely different to the movie beyond the basic premise of being locked away by someone and revenge. There's no incest at all and the motives are different.

There doesn't need to be a reason, he loved his sister? What other reason could you want to find?

Tenck

I don't think I could have waited another week ;_;

No No Eul

BA BA BA BA BABABABA

Not sure about the pumping/jumping part of the choreo but I really like the rest of it, and the song itself sounds good.

Is this newly-short hair or has it been like this for a while?

She cut it a week or so ago. Why did she have to go back to blonde though...

iblqEyTf39hgDo.png
ihKigiGd37okh.png

Woohee celebrating her first year with the group.

iKlwwPFzGYrVM.jpg

iNcZPkqhAM3rA.jpg

i2yjg1b9zz2yF.jpg

Posted on Hyominstagram so I guess she was at yesterday's concert then.

ibq5r5zqBOfC7N.jpg

(Areum)

Edit:
Remember this Peppertones / f(x) collab? http://youtu.be/9T-zSw-53vY

I remember the song but I had no idea the Peppertones were involved. It seems so obvious though, listening to it again now. Also, lol at that YouTube username.

130608 Daily T-ara - QBS - Nagoya in which Qri (a) talks, and (b) has an exciting encounter with a grasshopper. Courtesy of Chesskid.

imnana

Neo Member
After School Inkigayo interview?/preview of First Love

I don't really pay much attention to Crayon Pop but this was cute. The song's pretty catchy.
Still don't understand why no one likes her :(
I do.
130609 레인보우 Don't Touch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bbe08sgThk
So much better than Sunshine, I actually like every other song on the album more than Sunshine. Jisook's so small though...

& Just because:

ramyeon

So much better than Sunshine, I actually like every other song on the album more than Sunshine. Jisook's so small though...
I feel like if you're looking at anyone that's not Hyunyoung in that video you're doing it wrong lol. She's killing it.

And yeah, Sunshine as a single sucks.

vanty

Jisook's so small though...
It's like she wants to have the same body as Hara yet she's simply not as petite so she just ends up looking kinda disturbing while Hara looks omgz. Hyunyoung looked better before she lost weight as well, especially in the face.

giri

People insist on them changing cause they're just offensive the way they are at the moment.

beatsan

Neo Member
BA BA BA BA BABABABA

Reserving my thoughts on the song until the official version comes out. Although, I definitely expected better and I don't care much for the jumping in the choreo. Maybe if they make an MV for it I'll enjoy it more...? They went full cutesy for this one. The outfits well...it is Crayon Pop. Another hybrid of their track suits.

Is this newly-short hair or has it been like this for a while?

Not black but at least it's something.

ZrM0nII.jpg

Not sure if it's new, but wow so good.

dokish

Banned
Yeah I was posting about her new album awhile ago but no one showed any interest :(

What did you think of it?

I didn't listen yet lol. Actually I just discovered her.

I was glancing through Naver news and saw a pretty face. I clicked on it and found this video.

I listened some songs tho. Not sure which one. And I love her work. In fact, I appreciate much more indie k-pop than the regular k-pop.

I think she have a very unique style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJVd5kR0T2Q

Peru for
Norway
President!

People are retards. I don't like groups such as f(x) or Kara, but acknowledge their own identity and I don't think "this" or "that" group should be "more like this or that".
You like the style or you don't. Honestly f(x) doesn't have any appeal to me, although I like some songs. But I don't think they should change, specially with so many fans. Which is the same case with Crayon Pop. I don't think people ever saw a live performance of CP. The fans are motherfucking crazy, shouting all the time, all excited.

ramyeon

I didn't listen yet lol. Actually I just discovered her.

I was glancing through Naver news and saw a pretty face. I clicked on it and found this video.

I listened some songs tho. Not sure which one. And I love her work. In fact, I appreciate much more indie k-pop than the regular k-pop.

I think she have a very unique style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJVd5kR0T2Q

Peru for
Norway
President!
Ah true, she's pretty famous on the indie scene because she was the vocalist for ambient rock/dream pop group 푸른새벽 before going solo. That song isn't actually hers, but she's featured in it. It's by MoT. She's good, wouldn't call her stuff indie pop it's more folky rock although it really fluctuates and her first album has a lot of electronic layers too.

Selane

It's like she wants to have the same body as Hara yet she's simply not as petite so she just ends up looking kinda disturbing while Hara looks omgz. Hyunyoung looked better before she lost weight as well, especially in the face.

I don't know how we got from here

http://i.minus.com/ibbLVfzvbdpqR9.gif
http://i.minus.com/i7QDXUV43cXHt.gif
http://i.minus.com/ibgLs7libC2Bz3.gif
http://i.minus.com/izy6GJBaFxNiU.gif
http://i.minus.com/iW4hBfNw32wvS.gif

to where we are now.

ibnJddtz0aoZcB.gif

Guess those days are over :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom