• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatsan

Neo Member
The worst offender in the 'Japanese MVs that should have never been released' category is Flower Power. I hate everything about it.
That's a real catchy song tho. I think it's pretty solid.

Can't forget T.O.P. Or am I the only one here who loves that song?

---------------------------------

gAcJgUy.jpg

That you, Krystal?
for Harper's Bazaar

Broank

What's up Kpop GAF! Looks like I can post now so I guess I'll put my shit out there. Been lurking for a while and have followed Kpop on and off for years.

Best Album: SNSD 1st Korean
Boy Group: Shinee - Replay
Non Kpop: Urban Zakapa - Crush(Reprise)
Japanese Kpop: CNBLUE - In My Head
OST: Beige - The Moon Has Passed
Movie: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring
Variety: haha's KJK impressions
Bias: Taeyeon
Japanese MVs that should have never been released: Oh

ramyeon

AoA Black can all play i believe... i think they even have live.

Not regularly on the weekly shows of course, but eh.
They're still idols playing a band concept. I've always been pretty open about hating CN Blue and FT Island anyway. I've even walked out from a TV show filming because CN Blue were the last guests to perform (To their credit, on that show they did spend about 20 minutes setting up amps, tuning etc so it was a proper live performance, I just find their music dull and safe pop rock).

Dislike them even more after the pursued legal action against Crying Nut for something that was their fault in the first place.

The music sucks as well.

ramyeon

I know they've been mentioned here a few times and I'm late on this but this Humming Urban Stereo song is so catchyyyyy. Any other recommendations from them?
They're fantastic. So good.

This song is their most well known and what made them famous. Chances are you've heard it in some form or other before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_70QJEviWlY&feature=player_embedded

I really like this one too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMDntvhwabk

With Yozoh, one of my favourite female folk/indie artists and Lee Jin Hwa.

All of their stuff is worth a listen though, just go through it all. It was so sad when Lee Jin Hwa passed away. Also check out Instant Romantic Floor, it's a group that includes Humming Urban Stereo (Lee Jeereen).

giri

They're still idols playing a band concept. I've always been pretty open about hating CN Blue and FT Island anyway. I've even walked out from a TV show filming because CN Blue were the last guests to perform (To their credit, on that show they did spend about 20 minutes setting up amps, tuning etc so it was a proper live performance, I just find their music dull and safe pop rock).

Dislike them even more after the pursued legal action against Crying Nut for something that was their fault in the first place.

The music sucks as well.

/me shrug. I'm no fan of CN Blues music, and it is as much a... charm... for lack of a better expression that AoA Black can actually play. But AoA are legit awesome anyway. I have no time to keep up with them fully, but three of their members are already in drama's

ramyeon

/me shrug. I'm no fan of CN Blues music, and it is as much a... charm... for lack of a better expression that AoA Black can actually play. But AoA are legit awesome anyway. I have no time to keep up with them fully, but three of their members are already in drama's
Not sure what being in dramas adds to their awesomeness. I didn't mind their first two singles but the subgroup seems like just a female version of FT Island/CN Blue. Nothing special to me.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The fact that these idols can actually play musical instruments already is a huge plus over other idol groups.
Why? I don't see CN Blue or FT Island dancing like Shinee, and attaining that is every bit as hard as learning to play an instrument.

Exercise

Neo Member
Why? I don't see CN Blue or FT Island dancing like Shinee, and attaining that is every bit as hard as learning to play an instrument.

Let's be real here, there's a lot of idols that can't sing or dance and are merely there for their looks. When there's a few that are actually musically inclined, it's pretty impressive in a system that doesn't emphasize that whatsoever.

Peru

(To their credit, on that show they did spend about 20 minutes setting up amps, tuning etc so it was a proper live performance, I just find their music dull and safe pop rock).

Sounds like the Korean rock scene to me....

Whether they call themselves idols or not isn't really important though and I would actually like to see more of these pop rock bands with a budget behind them for variation's sake, especially girl bands, which is why the handling of AOA is so disappointing as they seem like dance pop idols first and foremost. Not that I like CN BLUE - the songs would have to be good as well.

The fact that these idols can actually play musical instruments already is a huge plus over other idol groups.

Thi is dumb in all ways possible, and of course ignoring the fact that most idol groups have a member who plays an instrument well, even if they don't perform using it often (much like CN / AOA, then).

Peru

Eh - I'm sure I don't know the underground too well, but Korean rock / indie rock with some mainstream exposure? Where are the interesting bands? It's all tame pastiche.*

*I've posted k rock here, I've liked k rock, but in in general, somewhere between busker brsuker dickpunks and the koxx and all their variations i fall asleep

ramyeon

Eh - I'm sure I don't know the underground too well, but Korean rock / indie rock with some mainstream exposure? Where are the interesting bands? It's all tame pastiche.*

*I've posted k rock here, I've liked k rock, but in in general, somewhere between busker brsuker dickpunks and the koxx and all their variations i fall asleep
Then explore the underground and learn about the scene more before making obscene generalisations. Why limit yourself to top 100 stuff and chart toppers? So many people in the international kpop scene are okay with limiting themselves to the mainstream but they'd never do that with American/English speaking artists.

I'd also never judge the American rock scene based off of the crap that enters the top 100 there.

Your comprehensive "list" of Korean rock bands is odd too. Dick Punks are hardly mainstream, they just received a boost in popularity from Superstar K. You're ignoring huge legends in the Korean rock scene Crying Nut, the massively popular Galaxy Express, as well as huge names like Nell who dominate the charts with great music whenever they come out with albums.

Peru

Get off your high horse bro. I actively seek up alternative Korean music - I was a big indie rock nerd as a teenager but not so much anymore, I prefer to go after the rnb scene, electronic music, different stuff. Same goes for american music, european, whatever. I know all the stuff you post here anyway, so booyah.

ramyeon

Get off your high horse bro. I actively seek up alternative Korean music - I was a big indie rock nerd as a teenager but not so much anymore, I prefer to go after the rnb scene, electronic music, different stuff. Same goes for american music, european, whatever. I know all the stuff you post here anyway, so booyah.
High horse? You're the one making ridiculous generalisations about an entire music scene.

All I'm saying is you're wrong. The Korean rock scene is growing huge momentum and popularity both within Korea and abroad. There's a lot of interesting stuff out there if you're willing to look for it.

Edit: And I don't post what I listen to here 90% of the time because it gets overshadowed by whatever picture of an idol gets posted after it.

Peru

I'm sorry if you're personally offended by this small breakdown into hyperbole in the otherwise academically minded K-pop Fanboy/fangirl thread.

I like Nell. I can still make generalisations because that's the way to get reactions on the web.

ramyeon

I'm sorry if you're personally offended by this small breakdown into hyperbole in the otherwise academically minded K-pop Fanboy/fangirl thread.

I like Nell. I can still make generalisations because that's the way to get reactions on the web.
Really, now?

Peru

Really what... yes, that was a really a jokey post. Anyway gross generalisations characterize most talk about k-pop so I'm sure you can handle a few innocent jabs at the guitar dudes as well.

ramyeon

Really what... yes, that was a really a jokey post. Anyway gross generalisations characterize most talk about k-pop so I'm sure you can handle a few innocent jabs at the guitar dudes as well.
You're free to make generalisations man, but that's not gonna stop people from telling you that you're wrong when you do.

No No Eul

The premise of Yuri's film, 'No Breathing':

Woo-sang (Lee Jong-suk) is a national swimmer who's always pursuing the number one spot. Won-il (Seo In-guk) is a swimming prodigy who stopped participating in the sport, and now wants to make a comeback. Not only do they become rivals, but they also fall for the same girl, Jung-eun (Kwon Yuri), an aspiring musician who is their childhood friend. The three lifelong friends suddenly find themselves having to juggle love, friendship, and competition, as they undergo the rite of passage of growing up.

In short, it doesn't look like Yuri will be doing much in the way of swimming.

That Yoona penguin meme is probably the best thing to come out of Love Rain.

gAcJgUy.jpg

That you, Krystal?
for Harper's Bazaar

tumblr_m9dpihlYIM1rv2kluo1_250.gif

So there is some justice in the world after all. Even if it doesn't actually change anything, I guess it's the principle that counts. Also, leesoomansaltytears.gif

It's Seungyeon's birthday:

ibplLZTfUIYHsg.jpg
ibkaPne4wMSD2G.jpg

SYJYHR

ihfypA1XUlsM5.jpg

(Minzy)

ramyeon

s all in good fun.

Anyway 4급 midterm exams today and tomorrow, that 4th level 읽기.
읽기 is the best part, besides 말하기. Got only like 1 question wrong on my 4급 읽기. KLI exams get easier the more you take them though, I found 3급 a lot harder since it was my first time taking KLI exams. You should be well used to them by now lol.

Peru

읽기 is the best part, besides 말하기. Got only like 1 question wrong on my 4급 읽기. KLI exams get easier the more you take them though, I found 3급 a lot harder since it was my first time taking KLI exams. You should be well used to them by now lol.

Yeah the exams gel well with me, 말하기 still the exam with most room for error. 4th level still a solid difficulty jump vocab wise...want to keep my 90+ streak going tho, full nerd mode at the KLI lol.

~ ♡.지현.♡~ ‏@JennyS1004 19h
Laughing while aplogizing. You are such a 'polite' person bitch!

마야 실비아 ‏@Hyukhyukkie 19h
IU WHERE IS YOUR ATTITUDE, HOW CAN YOU SAY APOLOGIZE TO US WHILE LAUGHING, YOU STILL HAVE BRAIN BITCH?

이희샤 ‏@NyorHeesya 19h
Sorry IU stan but your idol seems idiot and fucking bitch.. go see other idol who have good personality not only good singing and act.

bad girl ‏@bowformaknae 19h
never found someone like iu. bitch, whore, brainless, and two-face ...complete DAMAGE combination isn't it

Myeolchi LHJ ‏@silverysky_ELF 2h
Garrrrr >.< hate you IU, you bitch!!!! why always making troubles and hurt our idol? you are the starter & now you are the renewer again!

PeterChan&#9825;TinkerBaek &#8207;@baekpie 6h
IU is such a fucking bitch

Yessyca Sugianto™&#9813; &#8207;@yess0307 8h
Just die & go to hell Bitch! “@allkpop: IU says she has

DH-&#321;ø&#321;O &#8207;@PossyCute 10h
IU is a bitch :) go to hell bitch ><"

hyukhae lover &#8207;@OhyukhaeO 11h
@lily199iu bitch IU I will hate you forever&#65281;

''DY ^,~ &#8207;@kim_dyandra 11h
IU go f*ck ur self!! BITCH!

hkhymwh- &#8207;@intann980105 11h
i just like wanna say how bitch you are iu-ssi after i read that news --

etc

ramyeon

Yeah the exams gel well with me, &#47568;&#54616;&#44592; still the exam with most room for error. 4th level still a solid difficulty jump vocab wise...want to keep my 90+ streak going tho, full nerd mode at the KLI lol.

etc
Yeah level 4 isn't too bad though, most people struggle with the jump to level 5 though which is pretty much on par with level 6 so far as difficulty apparently. 90+ is very doable. Managed to maintain that with only 1 cram day before exams in level 4.

What are those comments from? Feels like reading YouTube comments.

Peru

Heard the same. &#50416;&#44592; was very easy, grammar is not really a factor anymore.

Just my guilty pleasure of searching hater tweets.

ramyeon

Heard the same. &#50416;&#44592; was very easy, grammar is not really a factor anymore.

Just my guilty pleasure of searching hater tweets.
Yeah most of the grammar in 4 is really similar to 3. Pretty much vocab from 4 out. Only annoying assessment in 4 was the debate stuff because you rely on your teammates and opposition to understand what you're saying. That and we had a lot of really passive Japanese classmates who got freaked out when me and a Korean American girl in my class got a bit heated in the debate lol.

Ah Twitter. Every time I see a tweet it reaffirms the fact that I'm not missing out on anything by not having a Twitter lol.

^ Love the BEG teasers so far. The ones with them lounging around being gluttons are the best.

Peru

Heh, the debate.. People in our class are active but a stupid boring subject was chosen so everyone actually supported the same side.

ramyeon

Heh, the debate.. People in our class are active but a stupid boring subject was chosen so everyone actually supported the same side.
Ah that's annoying. I think our practice one was Cosmetic Surgery and our assessed one was Capital Punishment, so it was fairly interesting otherwise.

ramyeon

Particularly like everything from about 2:30 onwards in the song. Great stuff.

Now if only SM would let their artists out of those boxes once in awhile.

beatsan

Neo Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnku4o3tRB4

f(x) music video for &#52395; &#49324;&#46993;&#45768; (Rum Pum Pum Pum)! Wasn't expecting it this early!

Song is great, the music video is, well, SM.

Wasn't expecting this right now either lol

Song is good. At times I wish they left the main (string?) melody or built up on it, but it was still good.

The MV is meh, but I expected this from the teaser. Now it's time to wait for the live comeback performance.

Peru

That's good stuff. Will have to think on it in the context of their discography. Is the song still not out for a few days?

Min going at it
ivM5Cve80PpyY.gif

No No Eul

That's great stuff. I love that little guitar riff that plays throughout the song. The beat too.

Director: I've got a great idea for this new f(x) video. We'll have the girls stand on a glass floor and then spin the camera 360 degrees up and around them. It'll look awesome!

Producer: Brilliant! Let's do it.

Later, in the editing room...

Editor: Er, we've basically ended up with a load of unusable upskirt footage.

Director: FUUUUUUUUU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom