• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alta1r

ibg03GpnfNjvXf.gif

Alta1r

I agree, I just really like the Suzy episodes as well.

The Yoomes Bond episodes are my personal favorites.

I don't understand how people like one twin better than the other. Not that there's anything wrong with them (for the sake of argument), but they're twins...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
CLICK HERE TO VOTE IN THE 2012 KPOPGAF AWARDS

It is recommended that you keep a separate tab or window or whatever you need open to check on things you may not be familiar with, such as MVs and non-mainstream sections.

Edit: Alt has been bitching in chat. Please be aware that the process of including what everyone wants would take a week of constant work and not everyone would be satisfied in the end anyway. Just be mildly offended (I mildly offended myself in making it) and have fun with this.

Edit 2: Because Alt was blind and didn't see the clearly displayed winners, he didn't realize we are mostly voting for 2nd place here and wanted me to say it in my post even though the poll already says it.

vanty

How was Yoonhye not in selca category. She basically takes them for a living, more selcas than lines in songs.

vanty

I say so as well. Sooyoung is tall and thin, she's not anorexic or anything. Yuri's dark days were wayyyyyy worse than Sooyoung has ever been.

Alta1r

Edit 2: Because Alt was blind and didn't see the clearly displayed winners, he didn't realize we are mostly voting for 2nd place here and wanted me to say it in my post even though the poll already says it.

Lol. Thank you Dice. I just want to make sure it's explicit that the lack of Soshi/T-ara from basically all voting options is because Dice is playing Big Brother for us.

dice said:
[03:42] <&Dicetrain> it is an attempt to get people to look beyond their one-track minds

Hellix

This is rigged. SNSD didn't even comeback this year, and they are artist of the year.
Don't hurt me.

Dice

Lol. Thank you Dice. I just want to make sure it's explicit that the lack of Soshi/T-ara from basically all voting options is because Dice is playing Big Brother for us.
That one line makes it look shallow, vindictive, and not well thought-out. Why not include the original explanation before that bottom-line? Did it make too much sense? In reality it's similar to my T-ara pimping in the original thread. Aside from philosophical reasons, it really is a waste of time to take a traditional approach.

RubyFaith

I need proof of Yuri's dark days. I've yet to see them so it did not happen.

Also, digital prices are going to increase like a mother trucker. Say goodbye to all our beloved nugu groups.
CRAYON POP ;~;

Dice

I need proof of Yuri's dark days. I've yet to see them so it did not happen.
Nobody needs to see that again.

Also, digital prices are going to increase like a mother trucker. Say goodbye to all our beloved nugu groups.
CRAYON POP ;~;
WAT

when you can viably buyback your way up the charts, yeah prices need to go up

Alta1r

That one line makes it look shallow, vindictive, and not well thought-out. Why not include the original explanation before that bottom-line? Did it make too much sense? In reality it's similar to my T-ara pimping in the original thread. Aside from philosophical reasons, it really is a waste of time to take a traditional approach.

[03:35] <&Dicetrain> I typically try to find ways to promote the thing right under everyone's nose
[03:35] <&Dicetrain> stuff still mainstream they arent looking at
[03:35] <&Dicetrain> my biggest shock in prior polls wasn't snsd's domination in itself
[03:35] <&Dicetrain> it was all the people saying they don't pay attention to or EVEN KNOW ABOUT most others
[03:36] <&Dicetrain> so remove SNSD from the thought process
[03:36] <&Dicetrain> make them think and compare the rest against each other
[03:36] <&Dicetrain> now they are paying attention

There's your original explanation. It's just as shallow, vindictive, and not well thought-out as the other quote. This isn't about who YOU think should be highlighted or who YOU think people should pay more attention to.

Pendulum

Lol. I think so too. I have no idea what I was responding to anymore.

tumblr_m0b6ztfnFi1roup7oo1_250.gif

Did Dice's voting thing. Started off annoyed with the obvious favortism, ended up laughing through it. Well done. I even learned the definition of "ulzzang". With something new learned today, I might as well pack it up for the rest of the day.

Edit:

[03:35] <&Dicetrain> my biggest shock in prior polls wasn't snsd's domination in itself
[03:35] <&Dicetrain> it was all the people saying they don't pay attention to or EVEN KNOW ABOUT most others
[03:36] <&Dicetrain> so remove SNSD from the thought process

Knowing this, I'm with Dice on this.

Dice

There's your original explanation. It's just as shallow, vindictive, and not well thought-out as the other quote. This isn't about who YOU think should be highlighted or who YOU think people should pay more attention to.
As I said before, plenty of people can and will focus on SNSD, and they will get into a cyclical reinforcement and be blind to other groups. The end result is that anything set up against them is a waste of time. It's not a comparison, it's a "find and check SNSD" or a "Check SNSD because I'm not familiar with others" exercise. I didn't feel like wasting my time, and if someone thinks SNSD is best they can enjoy figuring out who they think is second best. I don't see how it is shallow, vindictive, or thoughtless to encourage awareness, consideration, and comparison of many other groups. I didn't do it out of hate for SNSD. I did it because we have a beautiful industry that is often being overlooked or ignored for the bigger few.

Ultimately, you seem mad because of your idea of what a year-end awards needs to be. I didn't do that because year-end awards are a joke and these things are why. Full democratic process affirms very little except marketing effectiveness and social trends. It shouldn't be about affirming the favoritism and levels of public awareness that we all know has been the case for all the rest of the time. It should be a time to appreciate and compare everyone's work in the arts and give honors to those we find pleasing from among them. SNSD gets that every single day.

Ashhong

No, that's bull. Polls / awards have always been popularity contests. So what if someone wants to vote SNSD, that's their choice.

BUT, Dice made it, so it's fine. If I cared that much I would make my own awards. You should call it the Dice Knows All Awards though.

Dice

Secret looking so good, so classy on music bank.

No, that's bull. Polls / awards have always been popularity contests.
That's what I said, though. It's what they have always been so I went for something different. Not enjoying it seems based in the title of the awards. If they were the "Don't waste my time with a popularity contest, let's put in a few minutes to at least try to appreciate the art AWARDS" you wouldn't have an issue. So it's silly to be upset and...

If I cared that much I would make my own awards.
Exactly.

Alta1r

As I said before, plenty of people can and will focus on SNSD, and they will get into a cyclical reinforcement and be blind to other groups. The end result is that anything set up against them is a waste of time. It's not a comparison, it's a "find and check SNSD" or a "Check SNSD because I'm not familiar with others" exercise. I didn't feel like wasting my time, and if someone thinks SNSD is best they can enjoy figuring out who they think is second best. I don't see how it is shallow, vindictive, or thoughtless to encourage awareness, consideration, and comparison of many other groups. I didn't do it out of hate for SNSD. I did it because we have a beautiful industry that is often being overlooked or ignored for the bigger few.

Ultimately, you seem mad because of your idea of what a year-end awards needs to be. I didn't do that because year-end awards are a joke and these things are why. Full democratic process affirms very little except marketing effectiveness and social trends. It shouldn't be about affirming the favoritism and levels of public awareness that we all know has been the case for all the rest of the time. It should be a time to appreciate and compare everyone's work in the arts and give honors to those we find pleasing from among them. SNSD gets that every single day.

The only reason I am upset is because of your "Dice knows better" attitude. F*ck your condescending tone about people being "blind" to this or that group. No one asked you to make this poll. If you didn't want to include everybody you should not have made the poll. This is year end awards, not "people that Dice think are overlooked" awards. If you want to do any other poll at any other time not named 2012 KPOPGAF AWARDS then I wouldn't care who you included/excluded.

Additionally, Soshi didn't even have a Korean comeback this year. Why are you so afraid of putting them on the ballot when this year, out of any, they're likely to get the least votes. We also have the most diverse group of favorites at this point and Soshi isn't even guaranteed to win. We might be interested in finding out who our second and third favorite other groups/members are, but not when it's mandated by you.

Alta1r

That's what I said, though. It's what they have always been so I went for something different. Not enjoying it seems based in the title of the awards. If they were the "Don't waste my time with a popularity contest, let's put in a few minutes to at least try to appreciate the art AWARDS" you wouldn't have an issue.

Bullshit. What part of not listing idols as idols of the year or ulzzang or best upgrade (whatever that award was) is "appreciating the art"? Soshi's already absent from any of the "artistic" awards because they didn't release anything significant this year. The rest is just "idols besides Soshi that Dice wants to see win" awards.

Well if everyone agrees I can just go ahead and take this down and forget the results and someone else can waste their time making a "real" one.

That is an option. Why not just add Soshi to the idol awards. Why is this such a big deal?

RubyFaith

Nobody needs to see that again.

WAT

Yuh songs that were selling in packages at $0.06 a piece on average are increasing tenfold...so we were told. We're speculating on this piece of information since there were no articles sited; just some random netizen preaching the dark days to come but if it's true (because it makes sense that it'll happen), it needs to happen so we can weed out the 400 groups that keep popping up every year.

when you can viably buyback your way up the charts, yeah prices need to go up

Can't tell if this is shade at a certain group or this is just noted in general. Hope it's the latter. \O/

+ Sohyun 'cause this is new

tumblr_mem7qnrjCM1qc8smpo1_400.jpg

Dice

That is an option. Why not just add Soshi to the idol awards. Why is this such a big deal?
How many times do I have to say it's a waste of time? We all know and have seen the actual collected and tallied data. Aside from Hyomin and MAYBE Jaekyung, soshi members dominate the shit out of these. Unless you are purposefully doing an SNSD member ranking poll, it's a waste of time.

If it's not from the favoritism of pure familiarity and investment, it's from not even knowing who half the options are and thus not checking up on them before going ahead and picking a soshi member. Since many people openly admitted such things, especially when I left so many fields as write-ins for the last poll, is it REALLY disrespecting their opinion like you say, or is it encouraging them to consider maybe someone else would IN THEIR EYES be competitive if they only gave them a chance?

For example, Gayoon really earned her place in the Airport Excellence category, but do you know the half of it? Not if you'd just vote a soshi member because you have seen pics from 90% of their trips. But if you just affirm how great they look in airports and leave space for others, just maybe you'd look around on tumblr or something and see that Gayoon is rather stylish in her own way.

Go ahead and be pissed if I seem arrogant from this, but when so many people openly said that they couldn't even think of many others to write in on the last poll that was almost all write-ins, and I can often think of 20 or so... well, then yes, I guess I do think that I know better. I don't see how recognizing my broader awareness and sharing it is a problem. As has been agreed upon by you, me, and Ash, the only issue here is the title of the poll, so stop getting your panties in such a twist over a stupid title. Even so, I did ask for help thinking of listings and categories in chat and got help from a couple people, and they saw the format of the poll as we did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom