• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

pikpok

Neo Member
Happy Birthday Jungah!

i7G9Atl7GIDpc.jpg
iMmua4rZfEp6j.jpg

ibizj3lHH51w07.jpg
iptQyv2yCxTUx.jpg

ibnoDlU1Zgko8j.jpg
iuxL0zO0AWl8u.jpg

iqlDEKnJEs6XE.jpg
iCRFZA7BwV76D.jpg

iYR5m3DrO6GgP.jpg
iZInLYbbFSyJY.jpg

i41odbaIAvdF.jpg
irnqA0dPUofqL.jpg

iDBdwKwtFtl8H.jpg
imJoNya8I7Mo2.jpg

i6rNRRXxfPfwn.jpg
ibmiMXoajcdboN.jpg

ibcYisiWkfFMc7.jpg

"I’m the leader... T^T"
ibaDpCeNMppQyZ.jpg

iQbt9gSAdKDfx.jpg

ibsWJPfBFy5fkd.jpg

Pendulum

I can't get enough of this song for the last couple of days.

-------

Happy Birthday Jungah!

jungah16.gif

--------

allkpop said:
After School's UEE, G.NA, SECRET's Hyosung, SPICA's Jiwon, and Kim Shin Young (acting in for Wonder Girls' Yubin) came out to MBC's 'Story Show Widow's Cruise' to re-enact their 5Girls days.

For those of you who don't know, the five girls were originally part of the same girl group, 5Girls. Due to a variety of factors, 5Girls ended up disbanding, but they've made a name for themselves as all the members have gone on to become some of the most recognizable idols in K-pop.

On the show, UEE revealed, "As our company's financial status got worse and worse, they told us we had to pay them money. So we worked part-time jobs ourselves."

She revealed, "I worked part-time at 2-3 places, including a convenience store. Since G.NA unni can speak English, she taught English where she could. We were so busy working that we couldn't even use the practice room. We didn't even have teachers, so we practiced by ourselves."

-------

Nine Muses chip ad MV. Better than some of the Summer releases.

pikpok

Neo Member
Nine Muses chip ad MV. Better than some of the Summer releases.

Haha you're right, that tune is catchy as hell. Kyungri seems to be in quite a few CFs these days, a new CF queen perhaps?

XiDLDi1.jpg

I remember watching the Five Girls pre-debut documentary on YouTube, I'm glad every single one of them is currently active in the K-pop industry with Jiwon debuting with SPICA last year. Here are two clips of the 5Girls episode of MBC's Story Show. The show is made up of comedic re-enactment sketches.
Full ep on DM; HD available:

Edit: Those who haven't already checked out the Five Girls pre-debut documentary and have 40 minutes to spare can find it subbed on this channel.

Pendulum

Speaking of which...

The K-pop artist that Lee Hyori will mentor on her upcoming reality show is girl group SPICA.

The five-member group will be mentored by Lee on the 4-part “Lee Hyori’s X Sister” (translated title), announced CJ E&M through a press release on Wednesday.

The show’s broadcaster On Style also released a photo of Lee with SPICA on its official Facebook account (facebook.com/onstyletv).

Lee will be the mentor for SPICA in a 4-part reality show and will teach the girls how to be loved by the public steadily and how to survive in entertainment industry.

The girls are under the same agency as Lee and they are scheduled to make their comeback to the local music scene in late August.

The show is set to premiere August 6 and will be the last reality show Lee will be in as a single woman. She is set to marry her boyfriend of two years Lee Sang-soon sometime in September.

Watched the Jeong Junha and Noh Hongchul bit of that Story Show as well. I like the show's format.

Pendulum

allkpop said:
f(x) gave some interesting answers to the typical question about their ideal type!

On the August 1st broadcast of 'Shindong's Shimshimtapa', Krystal shared her ideal type, "A guy who looks good with horn-rimmed glasses, a white t-shirt, jeans, and black hair. A guy who is fun and has his own signature scent."

Victoria also described her ideal guy, "A tall guy who doesn't smoke, is clean, and looks good in white. A manly man who has a decently high nose and big hands. He doesn't need to be too handsome, but he has his own smell and a pretty muscular figure." Luna shared, "Lightly tan skin, full lips, natural hair, muscles, and looks good in training suits."

While the rest focused on their ideal physical features, Sulli mentioned her ideal personality in a guy, saying, "Someone who is dependable, has a lot of aegyo, and listens to me well. I hope he always stays by my side. An open-minded man with natural hair who dresses neatly and is also sexy and confident."

DJ Shindong joked, "You worked hard to give such detailed explanations. It seems Sulli chose me as her ideal type. Since an ideal type is nothing more than an ideal type, when you actually meet it doesn't matter."

I have a smell.

Pendulum

soompi said:
What will 2PM‘s Nichkhun and Girls’ Generation‘s YoonA look like in 50 years?

Show “Goong Geum Ta” from cable channel Y-Star is offering an answer, creating an image of YoonA and Nichkhun aged 50 years.

Additionally, it revealed the two as the number one idols who will look handsome or pretty even when they grow older. The show interviewed the general public for the ranking, and many people answered that they picked Nichkhun because they assume the idol will still have pretty eyes even when he grows old.

Super Junior‘s Kyuhyun was picked second after Nichkhun for male idols. miss A‘s Suzy was after YoonA for females, and 4minute‘s HyunA placed third.

nichkhun-yoona-old.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
That would make her arms look gross.

Yes, I get the reference.

beatsan

Neo Member
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1385490265001339

He's not gonna be made a fool of. He's not stupid, guys.

OPEN YOUR EYES.

6mppctL.gif

Oh gawd. I say this a while back...so embarrassing to be in the same continent as him.

------

Today I went BarBarBar nuts on youtube. Just watched a lot of reaction videos. So many people were flabbergasted by what they were watching, but they all liked the song. I still can't believe this got so popular lol. But it really does grow on you and it's still at #3 on Melon charts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc6TqF2_zHQ

No No Eul

A new trailer for that Hyori X Spica TV show. OMG Hyori such a bully.

ib2nQ0TUQfoaQW.jpg

(Jiwon)

Made by tatsuki, Five Girls find fiddle.se

hyolaptop.gif

Bravo, tatsuki. Bravo.

Trying to think if anyone else opened one recently...

Jooyeon and 2NE1 spring to mind. Rania's Xia is also missing from that list. Shocking, I know.

iWpI04mqtPIKJ.png

Best.

SM C&C offers a 'SHINee's Wonderful Day'-inspired vacation package 'SHINee SURPRISE VACATION'

The vacation package will contain the same exact routes that SHINee traveled for 'SHINee's Wonderful Day'. SHINee also directly planned the vacation package schedule, which includes the schedule for the members' trip to Thailand, Japan, London, and Switzerland.

Hats off to SM, the cunning bastards. Presumably an Amazing f(x) travel package is also in the works.

ibjKrwkSyWMZrf.jpg

vordhosbn

Banned
probably has been mentioned but 4minute's 'is it poppin sounds' way too much like after school's 'in the night sky' (especially the chorus)

ryan-ts

Chun Hee!

Watching the preview I was like "Chun Hee is on the show, awesome... why is Hyori so tired.. why is SPICA crying?" Things got too real, too quickly. You can't give us Chun Hee and then crying SPICA, the world doesn't work like that.

Top Bottom