• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Draxal

LOL that's Junsu from TVXQ/JYJ out at a restaurant with his friend.

Those are all teenage girl sasaeng fans.

TVXQ/JYJ have had some of the worst issues with sasaeng fans. I don't think EXO really compares just yet.

SJ still has it really bad as well. The thing about Exo is they're rookies and they already have it this bad, its only to get much much worse for them.

Niks

xgU8d.gif

lol perfect.

ramyeon

SJ still has it really bad as well. The thing about Exo is they're rookies and they already have it this bad, its only to get much much worse for them.
Yeah that's why I said yet, I'm sure they have a bunch of fun in store for them. But let's be honest, if they wanted normal lives they wouldn't have become idols.

Personally I think EXO are terrible and avoid everything to do with them, so it doesn't really bother me :p

Draxal

Yeah that's why I said yet, I'm sure they have a bunch of fun in store for them. But let's be honest, if they wanted normal lives they wouldn't have become idols.

Personally I think EXO are terrible and avoid everything to do with them, so it doesn't really bother me :p

I hear ya, and I'll be frank here I'm more interested in the social phenomena behind kpop (specifically it's international relations with its Asian neighbors; and its why I love Netizen Buzz) much more than I'm interested in the music itself.

I wonder what the reaction would be like if you faked an article on one of the aggregate sites saying that Japanese fangirls are much politer than the rude Korean counterparts.

Ym1r

Cassiopeias are the most delusional people in the world

I wonder what the reaction would be like if you faked an article on one of the aggregate sites saying that Japanese fangirls are much politer than the rude Korean counterparts.

Do you even need to fake it? Before I fell in love with K-pop I was a giant Japanophile, I have never seen KAT-TUN, NEWS, Arashi, SMAP, Yamapi, etc, etc. ever get those types of fans, or maybe I just missed it but I haven't seen shit go down there like it does in Korea. Hell I remember reading an article when Yamapi went to Korea, he was mobbed by a thousand fans or some crap like that.

Tangeroo

Bwahaha, just found this related article:

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/05/eunji-stands-up-to-her-little-brothers-bullies

She was a guest on the May 17 episode of 'Thank You'. On the program, MC Cha In Pyo asked her, "What would you do if your little brother was being bullied at school?". Eunji didn't hesitate for a single moment and replied firmly, "I'd go find the bully. One time, my little brother said that there was a bully bothering him and he was really big. I went to find him, glared at him and told him, 'If you bother my little brother again, I'm going to kill you'. The kid started to cry."

Makes me love Eunji even more!

ramyeon

I hear ya, and I'll be frank here I'm more interested in the social phenomena behind kpop (specifically it's international relations with its Asian neighbors; and its why I love Netizen Buzz) much more than I'm interested in the music itself.

Oh yeah, the social phenomena behind it are great. I study Asian Studies at university and have had to write papers on netizens and stuff like that before, it's really interesting. I guess I'm just a bit apathetic toward EXO :p
Cassiopeias are the most delusional people in the world

Do you even need to fake it? Before I fell in love with K-pop I was a giant Japanophile, I have never seen KAT-TUN, NEWS, Arashi, SMAP, Yamapi, etc, etc. ever get those types of fans, or maybe I just missed it but I haven't seen shit go down there like it does in Korea. Hell I remember reading an article when Yamapi went to Korea, he was mobbed by a thousand fans or some crap like that.
Japanese fans are their own kind of crazy as well.

ramyeon

akb48 has fangirls?

welp.
Speaking of fans in general of course. It's been a long time since I was into Japanese music so I'm speaking from memory and it'll be hard to pull recent examples but I distinctly remember KAT-TUN fans loathing Arashi and by extension Arashi fans. At joint Johnnys concerts they would paint huge banners telling Arashi members to go die, that they were pigs etc. And there would be violence between the two fan groups.

Also Morning Musume and whenever there was a scandal involving a member fanboys/girls would cut up their photo books, smash their CDs and burn their merchandise, posting photos of the destruction online.

isuzu

Yep...
Japanese AKB48 fans

AKB fans just buy cds/photobooks in the hundreds or thousands. They don't really stalk/mob the girls or anything. Also their theater security is hardcore. You can get banned for life for the smallest shit you say or do.

scottnak

AKB fans just buy cds/photobooks in the hundreds or thousands. They don't really stalk/mob the girls or anything. Also their theater security is hardcore. You can get banned for life for the smallest shit you say or do.

Even one of the member's father's got banned for life because he got a lil' too rowdy.

giri

One of them took his cum, in a plastic bag to a fan signing, and just before shaking the girls hand, stuck his hand in the bag. Yep.

No, they're just as crazy. Its just that they're more sociopathic crazy though.

Exercise

Neo Member
So is it just media bias in reporting the saesang fans for boy groups and girl groups have it just as bad? Because aside from one off events, you never really hear anything happening to girl groups. I remember Taeyeon at that amusement park a few years ago, but that's it.

isuzu

One of them took his cum, in a plastic bag to a fan signing, and just before shaking the girls hand, stuck his hand in the bag. Yep.

No, they're just as crazy. Its just that they're more sociopathic crazy though.

Nah, only a few (very few) bad apples. I'm not trying to say they're not crazy but their craziness rarely get to the girls. I'd rather have a fan who buys tons of cds and photobooks and cums on them (that happens very often, lol) than have fans following me all the fucking time and invading my house.

Stuff like this makes me really happy. I'm guessing some of those friendships formed on Invincible Youth 1 & 2 are pretty real.

Lol I was wondering why Yewon and Bora of all people would be at Fany's party. I totally forgot that IY2 existed hahaha.

Man you can tell that she was really excited to see him there. That bitch slap to the managers hand and that squeezing of his cheeks...

Finally, that look she gives around :38 seconds. Beautiful, just absolutely beautiful.

Go home isuzu, you're drunk.

HQ Tiffany

Y9c6Q0V.jpg

1080P version please!!

Followed lol.

pikpok

Neo Member
Man. No love for Jung Ah in this thread? It's her birthday too!

Waiting for page 10 to do a birthday post for sexy noona.
iHF6GJr8gpOXr.gif

Oh my god.. the twerking concept k-pop girl group has arrived http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/11551149.html

Surprise part is the big guns behind it ... Sony Korea .
cant twerk for shit

Well they haven't had as much practice as Min that's for sure, haha.

http://instagram.com/p/cJbh2aEq76/#

Pendulum

Fans of Crayon Pop can now 'jump' some more as the group has announced a new mini-album for this September!

Crayon Pop's agency Chrome Entertainment stated, "With the release date planned for mid-September, we are currently working on a new song. Though the members have been busy with their schedule recently, they're creating choreography in their spare time and preparing for their follow-up promotions."

According to the label, Crayon Pop are currently deciding over two possible songs for their next title track, both of which are addictive dance tracks like "Bing Bing", "Dancing Queen", and "Bar Bar Bar", so get ready to put on your helmets for another feel-good tune from Crayon Pop!

pikpok

Neo Member
Yes

soyu152.gif

Man. No love for Jung Ah in this thread? It's her birthday too!

She used to be pretty high on my list. Doesn't look all that great these days though. Looking more and more like an OLD HAG.

Oh my god.. the twerking concept k-pop girl group has arrived http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/11551149.html

Surprise part is the big guns behind it ... Sony Korea .

Jesus Christ. Not even clicking on the videos. Will ignore this with every fiber of my being.

No No Eul

That Soyu hair flip is incredible.

Heh, The Grace Dana's lyrics for fx 'No More'

Oh please, stop it now,
Which guy is it this time?
You were never interested before but now you go to church
Your blog is all about praising the Lord all day

Your new boyfriend
Is a church oppa, right?
I really really really can’t understand
You were an atheist but you have started this again

Personal experience?

Amber tweeted this a few hours ago:

"여우 같은 내 친구" 가사 다시 읽어보니까 진짜 재밌네요 ㅋ 다나언니 천재ㅋㅋ started laughing after reading the lyrics for "No More" again lol dana unni is a genius!!

lol

iJmDXjwJs86lp.jpg

nice logo NNE, and nice ava too.
"Come with me, Airplane, Love!~"

Cheers roa. That song is so damn good, I couldn't resist.

Woah your avatar. I can't believe I actually had the same idea yeterday :D

:p

Fany's B-day party pic:

ipU2fL5bT7MPr.jpg

Check out the non-Soshi guests attending the party... besides Shinyoung of course lol.

Here's a hint, according to Reddit:

Top Photo: L-R : Yoona, Taeyeon, Yewon, Seohyun, Bday Girl, Sooyoung, Bora, Sunny, Yuri

Bottom Photo: L-R : Sooyoung, Taeyeon, Yoona, Yewon, Lee Yeonhee, Seohyun, Bday Girl, Shinyoung, Bora, Yuri, Sunny, Hyoyeon

So good. Also, that explains where this instagram of Yuri's came from.

itAmXUEze6EI0.jpg

I like the MV. Very amusing.

iOFDpR2s3nkuj.jpg

Top Bottom