• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

vanty

Teefy Yewon on instagram now as well. http://instagram.com/yyee_v

And can I just request that people please give names to go along with photos? Seems like it used to be somewhat common but now it almost never happens. Not just directing this at No No Eul, but seeing his post reminded me of what I was going to say a while ago.

No No Eul

2NE1 Do You Love Me MV Teaser 2

allkpop said:
Crayon Pop to release another version of their "Bar Bar Bar" MV

Chrome Entertainment stated, "Although the drama and dance versions of the 'Bar Bar Bar' MV have already been released, we plan to release a 'Bar Bar Bar' MV version 2.0 which features additional aspects of the choreography."

ibkhbSCivyLI5a.png

25225B4551FE418E3A6174

Pendulum

Don't remember seeing this posted.

tumblr_mqvqmyYNl51relfr4o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqvqmyYNl51relfr4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqvqmyYNl51relfr4o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqvqmyYNl51relfr4o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqvqmyYNl51relfr4o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqvqmyYNl51relfr4o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqvqmyYNl51relfr4o9_r1_1280.jpg

------

tumblr_mr366nMDS11qeojzko10_1280.jpg

tumblr_mr366nMDS11qeojzko8_1280.jpg

------

Edit: Wall Street Journal asks if Crayon Pop's "Bar Bar Bar" is this year's "Gangnam Style".
No, not worldwide

------

G-Dragon's Twitter said:
Korea >>>>>>>>> London

Eh? Did I miss a concert leg being announced?

------

tumblr_mr3zhhIcCM1rik8hco1_1280.jpg

------

Edit 2:

Article: Korea Communication Standards Commission issues 'Running Man' a warning for Chinese swear broadcast

Source: Star News via Nate

1. [+763, -48] Do you think Sulli really didn't know? She has two Chinese members

2. [+681, -31] And yet still no official apology from her

3. [+648, -43] All because of that disrespectful cao ni ma...

4. [+69, -5] The warning will be quietly buried anyway... The power of SM

5. [+49, -5] Taeyeon talking abrasively on radio, Sunny's profanity hat, Kangin's assault scandal, Sulli's Chinese swear.. amazing ㅋ

6. [+49, -3] So if I was Chinese, I would've heard someone say "your mom's a sl*t" on TV... What was Sulli even thinking? Running Man is a show that is loved all around the world, too...

7. [+45, -2] Running Man receives the consequence for Sulli's mistake... aigooo

8. [+29, -5] Should just formally apologize... I highly doubt she didn't know what it meant, especially when she has Chinese members and is probably even learning Chinese herself.

Can never pass up this gif
sull.gif

(._.)

Banned
i love her ❤❤❤

idk jisook you have a new challenger :(

krsytal, independent and fierce! she isn't whining for an oppa like all the other corny ladies you nerds worship. krystal knows how to break hearts. she doesn't need a fucking man she's her own lady ❤❤❤

HQ
i3rO7ms.jpg
q8V7zVp.jpg

cxPBxMH.jpg
2kvBVha.jpg

tumblr_mr31ul7lGr1qkubw9o1_1280.jpg
VUmhXjb.jpg
tumblr_mr31ul7lGr1qkubw9o3_1280.jpg

LbHBPAX.jpg

Y1Cn2iY.jpg
fyjUkB8.jpg
Ent98ZX.jpg

FEphCdj.jpg
wPVixpl.jpg
4PSnbjZ.jpg

QFv8XZT.jpg
N9HVOjQ.jpg
MUw61Z9.jpg

tT21WYu.jpg
AtCJMEX.jpg
hheBnne.jpg

SKfG8k0.jpg
sVdsip7.jpg
5R00FJr.jpg

wR5iWF5.jpg
ccNihnr.jpg
VcS9rsT.jpg

2wsS0PF.jpg
ex4oq4W.jpg
z16SBsL.jpg

ZH8kp1W.jpg
OO0DRMp.jpg
32B6VJT.jpg

beFIVRq.jpg
6sJwP3v.jpg
rA9Xaxm.jpg

r8U0aiS.jpg
vPZzb2t.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fgJzU2D.jpg
NCUbyEP.jpg
4sTRRPM.jpg

zdpEoUw.jpg
CD2n8nz.jpg
ucgi1Te.jpg

aNYuPXm.jpg
hathlv2.jpg
rUitIyZ.jpg

E7GtArV.jpg
xXi1gfb.jpg
lBkhibC.jpg

NmwBsBM.jpg
BWVxbTu.jpg
t7dadIm.jpg

DB7v4BF.jpg
MfAaZ7z.jpg
S34ASQ4.jpg

01r2Yd3.jpg
9lsl1dn.jpg
SR8ZV5s.jpg

tZSBCgU.jpg
yCG3kvM.jpg
qSaFW6p.jpg

iDyq0Bq.jpg
AbGPnDY.jpg
rPg3Zw7.jpg

f1mRpe2.jpg
EPF5QcQ.jpg
Lyp9kzq.jpg

IzcSk1b.jpg
CvTiexl.jpg
QYmIRbs.jpg

EfSi7eI.jpg
LcN9suH.jpg
fTSi8by.jpg

FMB6ihC.jpg

❤❤❤

Cuddler

*goes to Google images*

tumblr_l79c96ucFt1qam0cl.gif

Maybe you mean Kim Tae Woo?
lol, neither of them, his name is really Kim Taewon, you guys know my tastes, he's not the one in the results on Google images, lol. But it's understandable, I can't really seems to find much about him, not even on Korean sites, I found like 10 images in total, lol. Anyway, I was just searching on the KBS World YouTube channel to see if there was something interesting to watch since there is absolutely nothing interesting on TV in this period. So, I just randomly watched the Gag Concert (which I guess no one watch here, lol). And in one of these sketches I found him, he is a comedian. The sketch is hilarious, the title is "The King of Ratings", basically it's the sketch of a producer that tries to make (hilarious) changes into a drama so that it can have better ratings. Unfortunately Taewon doesn't have many lines. In fact, his role is the one of a guy that becomes any character the producer want him to be when they are out of actors, lol. Lately he is in another sketch called "Legends", based on some sort of school to be a great singer (Shin Bora is in this sketch too), and surprise surprise, he can sing well!

The King of Ratings on KBS World Just choose one of them randomly, they are hilarious and lol at the "idol" part and his terrible acting.
Gag Concert on KBS World Lately KBS World doesn't uploads clips anymore but the entire show.
개그콘서트 Gag Concert 전설의레전드 20130804 He sings in this sketch (yes, 240p, that's the resolution that KBS (not KBS World) uploads these videos)

Tangeroo

lol, neither of them, his name is really Kim Taewon, you guys know my tastes, he's not the one in the results on Google images, lol. But it's understandable, I can't really seems to find much about him, not even on Korean sites, I found like 10 images in total, lol. Anyway, I was just searching on the KBS World YouTube channel to see if there was something interesting to watch since there is absolutely nothing interesting on TV in this period. So, I just randomly watched the Gag Concert (which I guess no one watch here, lol). And in one of these sketches I found him, he is a comedian. The sketch is hilarious, the title is "The King of Ratings", basically it's the sketch of a producer that tries to make (hilarious) changes into a drama so that it can have better ratings. Unfortunately Taewon doesn't have many lines. In fact, his role is the one of a guy that becomes any character the producer want him to be when they are out of actors, lol. Lately he is in another sketch called "Legends", based on some sort of school to be a great singer (Shin Bora is in this sketch too), and surprise surprise, he can sing well!

The King of Ratings on KBS World Just choose one of them randomly, they are hilarious and lol at the "idol" part and his terrible acting.
Gag Concert on KBS World Lately KBS World doesn't uploads clips anymore but the entire show.
개그콘서트 Gag Concert 전설의레전드 20130804 He sings in this sketch (yes, 240p, that's the resolution that KBS (not KBS World) uploads these videos)

Whenever I hear about Kim Taewoo (well... I guess technically, this is the first and only time), I remember this hilarious moment from Family Outing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u_mushKOs0

"I Need A Girl" just popped up on my playlist right now... damn, this song is still smooth as butter no matter the age... and that Dance Version MV... HNNGGGG. Dara looks so damn fine, what the hell happened to 2NE1 that got them looking like weirdos??

Biscuits

S.M.ENTERTAINMENT posted a survey for foreign k-pop fans:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1qcdcMYUGBRTel2esEujE7L0WQleFk7_gu_vHwZC4vKI/viewform

They want to find out what each countries' most popular media outlets are (so they can promote their acts abroad better)
Repped the GAF, haha

"I Need A Girl" just popped up on my playlist right now... damn, this song is still smooth as butter no matter the age... and that Dance Version MV... HNNGGGG. Dara looks so damn fine, what the hell happened to 2NE1 that got them looking like weirdos??
Butt-pad, and Dara looks the same to me.

Speaking of Taeyang, why is there no official version for this?!?! (As far as I know)

Butt-pad, and Dara looks the same to me.

Speaking of Taeyang, why is there no official version for this?!?! (As far as I know)

Butt pad or not, she looks gorgeous in that vid. I guess what I'm talking about is 2NE1's outfits? They look like wannabe gangster hobo's from the 90's. I think if you put CL and Dara in decent clothing, they'll be able to make any man swoon.

And yes, OC is right. It's an Usher song... one of the best Usher songs at that. I agree though, I'd love to see a more official version of that. The instrumental sounds more sexier than Usher's version lol.

Biscuits

Butt pad or not, she looks gorgeous in that vid. I guess what I'm talking about is 2NE1's outfits? They look like wannabe gangster hobo's from the 90's. I think if you put CL and Dara in decent clothing, they'll be able to make any man swoon.

And yes, OC is right. It's an Usher song... one of the best Usher songs at that. I agree though, I'd love to see a more official version of that. The instrumental sounds more sexier than Usher's version lol.
Right, I knew it was a cover, totally forgot about licensing issues...

Seems like Do You Love Me is out already.

scottnak

I saw the interview, is there subs for it yet? (at work, can't youtube)

If you can't ever find subs.... rough translations:
Basically the topic was photos that KARA has been taking lately:
Seungyeo - Taking photos with her puppies all the time. And that every time she takes a photo, she gets a new angle/expression with her puppies.
Nicole - "Food and me" was her theme, and is able to brag "I'm eating this! You're jealous aren't you?" when taking these photos. And her most recent "favorite food photo" was hitsumabushi
Gyuri - Beautiful sceneries / Memorable scenery. Most recent she enjoyed was the Sky Tree, but she wasn't able to go up. And then Perfume offered to go up together sometime.

And then a quick live-take of thank you summer love.

pikpok

Neo Member
Has anybody shopped at GMarket (Korean eBay)? I usually buy my K-pop merchandise from the few popular K-pop webstores (DVDheaven, Kpopmarket etc) and eBay but GMarket seems to have some of the rare, older albums (2007-2009) that are out of print and unavailable elsewhere.

I clicked through the site and their shipping/handling policy seems really attractive. The sellers handle none of the international shipping and just sell the items. This way, they can't resort to deceptively low pricing by cutting the price of the item and hiding the costs in the shipping like almost all K-pop webstores and eBay sellers do.

You pay the sellers for the cost of the item(s) and they drop it off at the GMarket warehouse where GMarket sorts, weighs and ships it using EMS (Registered Express Mail Service) at amazing prices. I don't think I've seen better pricing for EMS elsewhere. From what I understand, GMarket does all the tracking on your account too so it saves you the trouble of going to both the Korean and local post office sites to monitor the status of your shipment.

http://english.gmarket.co.kr/challenge/neo_bbs/cs_international.asp
http://english.gmarket.co.kr/challenge/neo_help/international_shipping_info.asp

Gonna look around a bit for more user feedback from international shoppers. If anybody has gotten stuff from there before, a little insight on your shopping experience with them would be great. Thanks.

ramyeon

I did almost all of my online shopping while I was in Korea with sellers on Gmarket, never had any complaints. Only done international purchases on there a few times and it was fine.

Kyon

Banned
So Starship and and Crayon pop's label are being accused of digital manipulation by the big 3?(At least according to the specualtion by K Netizens) The IRONY

They arent satisifed with the fact they they own basically the entirety of the South Korean media manipulating all the music shows and they're pressed cause one or two bands got higher on a digital chart for a few nights.

How TRAGIC

ibtIHl6LRuuRuU.gif

Pendulum

nicolehands.gif

Come at me bro.

Wasn't a dig. I'm interested in watching the show. Was just a related image.

So Starship and and Crayon pop's label are being accused of digital manipulation by the big 3?(At least according to the specualtion by K Netizens) The IRONY

Yeah, I read an article that didn't name who the 3 were accusing, but my first thought was that they're miffed at Crayon Pop.

giri

If you can't ever find subs.... rough translations:
Basically the topic was photos that KARA has been taking lately:
Seungyeo - Taking photos with her puppies all the time. And that every time she takes a photo, she gets a new angle/expression with her puppies.
Nicole - "Food and me" was her theme, and is able to brag "I'm eating this! You're jealous aren't you?" when taking these photos. And her most recent "favorite food photo" was hitsumabushi
Gyuri - Beautiful sceneries / Memorable scenery. Most recent she enjoyed was the Sky Tree, but she wasn't able to go up. And then Perfume offered to go up together sometime.

And then a quick live-take of thank you summer love.
You're a deadset legend. Thanks for that.
Wasn't a dig. I'm interested in watching the show. Was just a related
My reply was basically an excuse to post the nicole pic. Not enoigh kara in here.

Kyon

Banned
Wasn't a dig. I'm interested in watching the show. Was just a related image.

Yeah, I read an article that didn't name who the 3 were accusing, but my first thought was that they're miffed at Crayon Pop.

But it cant be them since Slayon Pop's video went viral way before the chart slayage.

Also with the amount of popularity they've garnered the evidence points to it not being them as much as people think that group is a joke.

Top Bottom