• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Has anybody seen this MV: Lee Seung Chul's My Love?

It's gotten viral, at least around my FB, apparently the proposal in the video is real or something along those lines. Any truth to this? Either way, I'll admit, shit was badass... just added it to my options if ever that ever day comes lol.

Anyway, still no f(x) Soompi special?

ramyeon

Has anybody seen this MV: Lee Seung Chul's My Love?

It's gotten viral, at least around my FB, apparently the proposal in the video is real or something along those lines. Any truth to this? Either way, I'll admit, shit was badass... just added it to my options if ever that ever day comes lol.

Anyway, still no f(x) Soompi special?
Yeah it was viral a month or two ago when it was first released on a bunch of Korean facebook groups. I'm fairly sure it is real.

Edit: Made me remember that at my University festival in Korea last year (They usually invite a bunch of groups/singers to perform) one of the alumni proposed to his girlfriend with the help of Kim Taewoo.

I'm fairly sure it is real.

Damn, I'm impressed. Seen a few wedding proposals myself and this probably tops all of them.

Why does my waifu have to be a very talented singer? I mean I can sing pretty well, even in front of a large crowd, but to sing a song as the main point of the proposal... yeah, I dunno if I can do that. Hopefully Ailee won't mind a low-key proposal.

giri

I missed the package with only the album, but I didn't wanna spend $65 just to get it either.

I'd been uhming and ah'ing about getting hte shirt on its own the week before. When i went to get it, it had sold out in black.

When they were combined i just pulled the trigger immediately.

balifor

Neo Member
I got just the album. I was lucky to see it right when it was posted. The album only package sold out in like 10 minutes.

vanty

Kahi the best

wcxMrEl.jpg

xTrcFHC.jpg

Currently receiving much love with addictive track, Crayon Pop has been invited to take part in a music festival for the first time!

According to Fortune Entertainment, Crayon Pop has been added to the lineup at the electronic music festival ‘Global Gathering Korea 2013’ which will be held on October 12. It is the first time for the group to perform for a festival.

Crayon Pop members are planing to perform three songs including “Saturday Night”, “Dancing Queen” and their hit song “Bar Bar Bar.” The festival organizer added that the group will also work with local DJ teams for a remixed version of “Bar Bar Bar”.

No No Eul

Fani Fani Tippany Cosmetics CF BTS

It feels like this storm has been brewing for a good year or so with various people in the industry saying they have evidence of wrongdoing but nothing's come of it so far. I wonder whether the companies accused of chart manipulation will actually get called out, or whether it'll all be sorted out behind closed doors. Personally, I hope it's the latter. I'd rather not see Sistar's name dragged through the mud, even if Starship Entertainment turns out to be guilty.

Seriously, I've always wondered just how legal it is. Maybe they get away with it because the shows aren't rerun?

I've seen a number of people suggest that there's a 30 second rule or something like that, where if you're just using a short clip of a song, you don't need to pay any royalties. It's one of those things that sounds vaguely plausible but then again, it could easily be complete BS.

iy5FW7KJaadva.jpg

More Nari.

Team Boner? Haha what. Been out of the EDM scene for a while now, are they a Euro group or they Korean?

Fatboy Slim and Porter Robinson are the only acts I recognize there.

I've seen a number of people suggest that there's a 30 second rule or something like that, where if you're just using a short clip of a song, you don't need to pay any royalties. It's one of those things that sounds vaguely plausible but then again, it could easily be complete BS.

Nope, if SK's broadcast and copyright system has the same licensing rules as the US then the royalties have been paid for already. How it works here in the US is that you pay a middleman that has access to the music publishers library. The middleman simply exists just so a company doesn't have to deal separately with the music publishers.

So instead of, let's say CNN, having to acquire a license with Sony Music and Universal Music, they can just go to a middleman that has a license with both Sony and Universal to get access to Sony's and Universal's library.

The 30 second rule is actually an unwritten rule for content creators who don't have a licensing arrangement with the publishers. But it's become a grey area in the past few years that most creators just avoid using unlicensed stuff especially if they intend to monetize their content.

Hellix

I think that makes sense. Most mods I have played that included licensed songs only played <30 seconds of it also.

Riverfield

Neo Member
adorable. Whats it really say tho?

and where was the perf?

Says to watch Akuryou Byoutou. A new Japanese drama Lizzy is apparently in. Horror drama. It means Hospital of evil spirits, Demon ward or something like that.

Also says she loves everyone with a typo.

Ashhong

http://xrewrites102.tumblr.com/post/57639975683/meeting-jessica-jung

I had arrived at Incheon from Manila at about 5 in the morning. The whole airport was empty and quite scary. My friend Tricia and I basically had the place to ourselves. Knowing that our flight was 6 hours later, we decided to go upstairs to the resting area. Tricia’s mom wanted to sleep so we went up. I had gone to use the free computers, Tricia went to go use a massage chair. A few hours later we decided to take our free showers.

From our free showers we all agreed that we were all really hungry. So we made our way back downstairs and found them really cool touch screen directory. It took us a good 10 minutes trying to figure out how to find a route to KFC. When we finally found our way, we started walking.

Tricia and I were joking about meeting someone face, like we always do whenever we step foot at this particular airport. When we turned the corner I took a quick glance to my right and saw two familiar looking girls. I knew who owned them beautiful blonde locks. The facial features were all so familiar. It took me a minute to realize that it was THE JESSICA JUNG right in front of me. and the girl beside her was THE YURI KWON. It surprised me to see them. Nobody was crowding them, they had no bodyguards, and no managers with them. They simply looked like tourists, which had me fooled.

Jessica had a simple black shirt and jeans, while Yuri was in a nice long squirt. I think she was wearing a big hat too but I don’t remember.

I knew this is the only chance I had. I man-ed up and walked towards the too. I simply said “Jessica… can I take a quick photo with you? Please?”

She turned to look at me quite surprised. She nodded her head before stepping to the side to give me some space. I quickly handed my iPod to my friend Tricia. As for Yuri she giggled and walked away to give us space.

As I stood by Jessica’s side I was really happy and nervous. It was my ULTIMATE bias right beside me. My heart melted when her high pitch voice asked, “You know who I am?”

I gave her a giant grin and replied with an “Of course!”

Now that I think about it… I should have said “Of course! You’re all over my room! You’re my ultimate bias!”

lol

(._.)

Banned
^^^^^ the tard that made that gif talks trash all the time about that perfect faerie princess wonder why he took the time to make that

pikpok

Neo Member
Says to watch Akuryou Byoutou. A new Japanese drama Lizzy is apparently in. Horror drama. It means Hospital of evil spirits, Demon ward or something like that.

Here's a short clip of her talking about her role on that show in an interview.
Lizzyscream16.gif

shorter gif
More of Lizzy's goofiness in the full cut.

In related news, AS will be doing more pole dancing (yay?) in their Japanese comeback single, "Heaven".

Full tracklist for the Japanese album dropping October 2nd:

1. Heaven
2. Crazy Driver (apparently aka Ms. Independent, the song featured in that Jooyeon lingerie ad posted a while ago)
3. First Love
4. Heaven (Instrumental)
5. Crazy Driver (Instrumental)

Top Bottom