• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Holy f*** Feist :O

Secret Comeback date confirmed.
Btlv9jACIAAuem1.jpg:large

Red Velvet will debut on August 4
BtlqWvVIQAAeENH.jpg:large

1. [+159, -11] Veil yourselves and go back in

2. [+109, -9] The name itself already sounds like failure, it's so hard to pronounce

4. [+44, -21] I guess we will get to witness the first time a girl group fails from SM

More.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Maybe it's because I'm naive and new at this, but what's up with all of the downvotes on S.M's new girl group? It's a freaking teaser and it's got over 6000 thumbs down on Youtube already.

Just...wut?

·feist·;122942599 said:

Times like these are why I'm glad you're still in my ignore list. Firefox freaking crashed after I hit show post.

But goddammit you sir are fncking awesome for that.

So much HJY goodness. I am glad you guys are catching on to her charm.

We all can thank Running Man for introducing her to us.

I actually just started watching her WGM appearance today, buffering 218 right now lol, and man she's exactly my vibe.

As a side note, GuriPoca is also pretty awesome. Mainly because Yoomi is just outright gorgeous... Jungyoung seems like an asshole though lol.

ramyeon

Hyuna video is okay. Not too fond of the song though. I just can't get over how stupid the lyrics are. The chorus is embarrassingly bad.

Bestie is boring. Does nothing to help me understand GAF's obsession with them. I miss when summer themed songs in Kpop were novel and fun, and the videos seemed like the artists were genuinely having fun (SM Town's 2002 Summer song Summer Vacation was heaps of fun back in the day for example).

ev0

Heh, when Gangnam Style got big my mom asked me "Wasn't this guy always on the music tapes (YES VHS) you used to rent in Koreatown?"
He was memorable because "he wasn't as good looking"

milkham

Psy only joined YG in like 2010 :p

Can't believe you didn't know him from at least Champion though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTT9MT0rMhU

I know it now!
but he was in this video wikipedia says 2004, i just assumed they were all YG i think the lexy song was 2003 also

Heh, when Gangnam Style got big my mom asked me "Wasn't this guy always on the music tapes (YES VHS) you used to rent in Koreatown?"
He was memorable because "he wasn't as good looking"

:D

Kuno

First time I saw Psy was when he was performing "Right Now" on all the music shows. And I didn't know about Hong Jinyoung until "Boogie Man". (EDIT: actually, the first song of hers I heard was "My Love") I've been watching WGM for years though. I saw that "Perfect" scene a couple weeks ago and it was so awesome I had to make a gif out of it.

Anyone remember that A-pink logo contest? I decided to enter it, but I wonder if they'll accept a non-Korean entry? Wish me luck...

dokish

Banned
The production values on that Hyuna music video is amazing. The guy who had the vision for that shit deserves multiple blowjobs.

Will watch again.

I don't know why ramyeon is complaining about stupid lyrics. The last 3 or 4 hits of 4minute were way way worse.

milkham

The production values on that Hyuna music video is amazing. The guy who had the vision for that shit deserves multiple blowjobs.

Will watch again.

I don't know why ramyeon is complaining about stupid lyrics. The last 3 or 4 hits of 4minute were way way worse.

how are your korean language skills now doke?

ramyeon

Will watch again.

Hey man, who said I like anything 4minute has done recently either? lol Although I disagree that the lyrics in those were worse than this.

I'm sorry but the lyrics in this song don't make sense, there being worse songs doesn't make this any better.

I mean the majority of the song is just this over and over again:

날 두고 떠나지마
나 지금 너무나 외롭단 말이야
너만은 너를 떠나지마
여긴 나 하나밖에 없다고
나 지금 변해 버릴지 몰라

원숭이 엉덩이는 빨개 (What)
빨간 건 현아 현아는 (Yeah)
원숭이 엉덩이는 빨개 (What)
빨간 건 현아 현아는 (Ah~)

(Oh~ Eh Oh Eh Oh)
Uh, uh 빨간 건 현아
(Oh~ Eh Oh Eh Oh)
Uh, uh 빨간 건 현아

milkham

Hey man, who said I like anything 4minute has done recently either? lol Although I disagree that the lyrics in those were worse than this.

I'm sorry but the lyrics in this song don't make sense, there being worse songs doesn't make this any better.

is there a translation anywhere

ramyeon

is there a translation anywhere
Just found this one:
http://colorcodedlyrics.com/2014/07/hyuna-hyeona-red-bbalgaeyo-unofficial-lyrics

I don't care about lyrics unless they're stupid enough to distract me from the song, and this is one of those. To be fair I would probably like it more if I couldn't understand what she was saying lol.

Like I said, I listen to a lot of ambient and electronic music that has minimal, unintelligible or nonexistent lyrics, so that never bothers me as long as they're not just really bad.

And I do agree that the production and direction on the video is tops.

get a real computer :)

AMD FX-8320, ATI HD7850, and 8GB RAM... what really kills my comp is the bandwidth lol. Stuck on 6mbps ATT DSL since FIOS and Uverse don't reach my place, I'd go to TWC but they're apparently not reliable enough here in DFW. My DSL has been reliable for the last 6 years now, never encountered an issue until my modem/router died.

Besides, feist bomb are just that awesome. Combine it with HJY... I'm not surprised my FF crashed haha.

Bunch of hipsters.

Damn hipsters indeed haha.

I don't care about lyrics unless they're stupid enough to distract me from the song, and this is one of those. To be fair I would probably like it more if I couldn't understand what she was saying lol.

And I do agree that the production and direction on the video is tops.

Nah, the first time I heard it I already had an issue with the chorus, and I haven't even seen the translation until you posted it. I mean I kinda figured she was talking about herself in the chorus, but I didn't think it was gonna be that bad.

But yes, the video is amazing.
Last time I was this amazed by a video was Bubble Pop...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The lyrics are just a fail at being suggestive while getting around censors. Don't want to end up like Fiestar.

ramyeon

See, if I'd known this was a Tumblr link I would've just ignored it :p

I'd read about the nursery rhyme connection, but apparently even people who "grew up in KOREA" feel that the lyrics don't make sense lol.

Not sure what Red means to her or what the song is supposed to accomplish either, but I guess we should all back the fuck up and never mess with the ~QUEEN~.

Edit: Agree with Peru on Blacklist, the full song is good. Hyuna's live vocals brought the live version down a lot for me.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Not sure what Red means to her or what the song is supposed to accomplish either
yeah why didn't they specify that if they are supposedly defending her? lol

Edit: Agree with Peru on Blacklist, the full song is good. Hyuna's live vocals brought the live version down a lot for me.
I think she did well on mucore

So... is Hyuna an apple?
no, she's a monkey's butt

luso

Holy f*** Feist :O

Secret Comeback date confirmed.
Btlv9jACIAAuem1.jpg:large

Is this a new group? I don't recognize anyone. Oh, there's Hyosung.

Maybe it's because I'm naive and new at this, but what's up with all of the downvotes on S.M's new girl group? It's a freaking teaser and it's got over 6000 thumbs down on Youtube already.

Just...wut?

Mostly f(x). But this happens every time anew (girl) group debuts. This time it's SM. The same for SNSD's debut times. By the way, SNSD's debuted in August 4th, this one on 5th, not sure if a good idea.
Anyway I think this groups was thrown to the lions with rush, it will be in the same position as f(x), it seems the main new girl group will debut next year, and by then for sure with the usual SM PR machine, which is clearly absent for this group, only a buch of teasers and pre-debut clips were out. Of course girls groups will always be behind the male groups on this regard.

First time I saw Psy was when he was performing "Right Now" on all the music shows. And I didn't know about Hong Jinyoung until "Boogie Man". (EDIT: actually, the first song of hers I heard was "My Love") I've been watching WGM for years though. I saw that "Perfect" scene a couple weeks ago and it was so awesome I had to make a gif out of it.

First time I remember Psy was on one episode of Strong Heart, were soshi was also present, I think it was in 2010.

d374ba31jw1eisjzxy4ilj20zk0zktit.jpg

Top Bottom