• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

luso

Looks like Fany's actually learned something from our time together.

You're welcome guys.

Obligatory those Eunji gifs, anyone?

In related news, it seems the first responder report contradicts the claims EunB was ejected from the vehicle? I guess we'll better know what went on when the investigation concludes.

The "eject" meaning here was implied they went through the windshield, that statement denies that but doesn't clears if they were or not using seat belts.
In any case, even with seat belts on (allegedly 2-point ones), a violent side crash (for every vehicle) would always be very dangerous as the heads easily hit the sides, here the level of danger depending how is the van construction on this regard.

I was more annoyed by that guy from Super Junior with his "I met EunB for the first time today, in a photo at her funeral" line. If you've never even met them, then have a little fucking decency and skip the funeral instead of using it as a bloody PR stunt.

I can't criticize any one going to a funeral just because someone didn't know the deceased personally, but the statement is unappropriated, should be remained silent or another thing. The statement was out of context, the correct words talks about a genuine concern.

Irene for a CF

tumblr_nb7cx3DTCm1sgezqbo1_500.png

broz0rs

I was more annoyed by that guy from Super Junior with his "I met EunB for the first time today, in a photo at her funeral" line. If you've never even met them, then have a little fucking decency and skip the funeral instead of using it as a bloody PR stunt.

You're referring to what Heechul said on IG. I thought that statement was very touching because I took it as that when he saw the picture, it was his first time seeing EunB as a person instead of as an idol. i felt exactly the same, and nothing was more heartbreaking than seeing their portrait picture at their funeral. Heechul was also the only idol that I know of that wrote about seat belt safety.

ramyeon

So you took one line out of his post out of context and got offended about it? I'd like to believe idols speaking out about this tragedy are doing so because they genuinely care, rather than for PR. The post you mentioned specifically struck me as being pretty genuine.

I think you have to understand that, even if they were not close personally, these idols are almost part of a community together. For a tragedy like this to happen within that community has affected a lot of people within it. Especially those who have been in crashes before, which is a lot of them (Including Heechul).

Doesn't mean all of them have to stop their lives and only talk about the incident however. I have no problem with Victoria, or anyone else for that matter, continuing to take selfies and live their lives.

Those gifs were amazing. Hopefully more video like that can be shot I love those kinds of gifs out of context before finding out what is actually going on (@⌒ー⌒@)

Chuckie

Note sure if you are serious or not :)
It's a scene on episode 2, she's explaining how to open a champagne bottle to Seohyun.

I was joking ;) Although I had no idea what she was trying to show.

In my mind it will always be milking though...because I am a perv :p

luso

Those gifs were amazing. Hopefully more video like that can be shot I love those kinds of gifs out of context before finding out what is actually going on (@⌒ー⌒@)

Like these

iDzN6emGqku23.gif

eunji33.gif

tumblr_ml08u3dyvl1rjucgco1_250.gif

iljz4IaIwwzey.gif

Just Krystal and a water gun with juice in Koala or Hello f(x).

Sooyoung_orga.gif

CrKY3.gif

Could´nt said it better, nothing tops Genie. Another runner up would be Fiction by B2ST, it´s a fantastic song overall.

I just saw the other song Super Junior was performing during the comeback stages of Mamacita, it´s fantastic, that´s exactly what i wanted to see as their comeback. It´s a shame they choose such a shitty song like Mamacita as main single.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Q64b0jKtM

Glad we are in agreement on the best song, as that is the most important. But I'm gonna have to disagree on Suju. I actually like Mamacita, and hate Shirt with a passion. That song is so fucking boring. It's just trolling by SM. Making me mute as soon as they start Shirt, and then I'm gonna forget and miss most of Mamacita before I unmute.

Unfortunate timing but a longer teaser for T-ara's Sugar Free has been released.

Just skimmed it but I like what I hear. If nothing else, one can always expect some good songs from CCM.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I don't think demanding that stars take to public fora to comment on a tragic occurence is the way to go.
I didn't say one should, and that would put demand on like a bazillion people anyway, but it was a nice chance to dig on YG for being lame.

giri

Looking at everyones favourite songs it seems like especially those songs from 2009 to 2011 left a huge mark in everyones head.

I agree with that. Those songs were the bomb. Everyone was on a top tier level.

I think a lot of the current gen k-pop fans got in on that wave of groups / songs. There were some amazing ones then. Iconic. And really, there hasn't been a truly iconic song in a while. The last one might be Miss A - Hush. And thats got a lot of personal bias in it, but it's an amazing song. Heck, Kara - Mamma Mia might be the best release of the year.

There's been a whole lot of good songs (bestie, secret, exid, AoA, Dal Shabet), even very good (f(x) red light, new hyuna, Sunmi). But very good seems to be where they topped out this year.

Where RV - Happiness comes in will be interesting. I'd say it's very good right now.

But here's a list of girl group comebacks to july.

Girl’s Day; “Something”
Ailee; “Singing Got Better”
Dal Shabet; “B.B.B (Big Baby Baby)”
AOA; “Miniskirt’
Spica; “You Don’t Love Me”
Ga In; “Truth or Dare”
STELLAR; “Marionette”
Ladies Code; “So Wonderful”
Sunmi; “Full Moon (ft. Lena Park)”
Girls’ Generation; “Mr.Mr”
2NE1; “Come Back Home” / “Gotta Be You”
Orange Caramel; “Catellena”
4MINUTE; “Whatcha Doin’ Today”
Ga In; “A Tempo”
A-Pink; “Mr.Chu (On Stage)”
NS Yoon-G; “Yasisi”
G.NA; “G.NA’s Secret”
Davichi; “Broke Up and Back Together”
Tahiti; “Oppa Is Mine”
AOA; “Short Hair”
Younha; “Umbrella 2014”
FIESTAR; “One More”
f(x); “Red Light”

And then the current promo's. Nothing really iconic in that list there.

giri

Following on from my last post, Kara doing what made me such a Kara fan, a list of Lupin performances over the years. Hope you're ready Youngji.

The second last one is a personal favorite.

Umbrealla + Lupin 20100226 - Music Bank Comeback Stage.
Black & Red20100227 - Music Core Comeback Stage
Black Outfits20100306
Purple Outfits20100307
Black Outfits20100319
White Outfits20100321
Red Outfits20100326

Step outfits #thighs! Not sure on the era on this one. But i feel its earlier than later.

White Jumping outfits #belly Live - Tokyo Music Festival. (Hammys Hair, lol)
Lupin + Pretty Girl Live - Tokyo Music Festival. Same festival tour as above, but crowd much more into it.

Step outfits Live in seoul? Description is weird, much later than the above (see gyuri no blonde hair).

Shiny Trash Bags Live - Karasia
More shiny trash bags! (Plus Step) Live Karasia - Tokyo Dome. Dat crowd. One of my all time favourite live perfs of Kara.
Black / Red Cape Live - Karasia - Massive crowd.

RubyFaith

It is strange that literally no one from YG commented on the accident. I would assume it's a pretty big deal since 1. Traffic safety has always been an issue in Korea, 2. The death of EunB and Rise has not only affected their fans and other idols but non-fans and international fans alike. I don't know, I find it a bit odd even though they're not obligated to say anything.

EDIT

Oh I was responding to something on a different page-- IGNORE ME!

Obligatory those Eunji gifs, anyone?

Don't blame me on these gifs... that was from a time before the tangerines became real.

Sidenote, either OnStyle has epic cameras or Fany's gone and become real good looking again. That's not to say she never was, but goddamn... even with Seo and Taeng in the shot, she manages to steal their thunder by just a tad.
I think I'm having Fany withdrawals... damn you Nickhun!

Tornhelm

Neo Member
So you took one line out of his post out of context and got offended about it? I'd like to believe idols speaking out about this tragedy are doing so because they genuinely care, rather than for PR. The post you mentioned specifically struck me as being pretty genuine.

No, the part I quoted was pretty much the only part of it I saw and remembered apart from the name of which group he was a part of (because it was posted as a preview of the article) while skimming headlines at work.

Super Junior‘s Heechul posted a sincere message on his personal Instagram profile in regards to what has happened to Ladies’ Code. Along with a blank black image, he posted: “I met EunB for the first time today, in a photo at her funeral. I couldn’t help but cry looking at her smiling so cutely and kindly in her picture. And I was so sad seeing EunB’s mother, who̵...

And then after I read it, I didn't really feel the need to go back and read the whole article when it had already annoyed me and looked like a PR stunt, just going by his first two sentences.

giri

No, the part I quoted was pretty much the only part of it I saw and remembered apart from the name of which group he was a part of (because it was posted as a preview of the article) while skimming headlines at work.

And then after I read it, I didn't really feel the need to go back and read the whole article when it had already annoyed me and looked like a PR stunt, just going by his first two sentences.

It's easy to jump down his throat, but Suju were in a pretty serious car crash 2? years ago where one of the members wound up in a coma. So it could just as easily be earnest sincerity. Particularly when none of the idols posed for pictures outside the funeral.

I mean, if you want to jump on him, there have been about 100 idols or so that have posted messages of commiseration and shock. Lots of them didn't attend the funeral. Is that just a PR stunt?

Blablurn

I think a lot of the current gen k-pop fans got in on that wave of groups / songs. There were some amazing ones then. Iconic. And really, there hasn't been a truly iconic song in a while. The last one might be Miss A - Hush. And thats got a lot of personal bias in it, but it's an amazing song. Heck, Kara - Mamma Mia might be the best release of the year.

There's been a whole lot of good songs (bestie, secret, exid, AoA, Dal Shabet), even very good (f(x) red light, new hyuna, Sunmi). But very good seems to be where they topped out this year.

Where RV - Happiness comes in will be interesting. I'd say it's very good right now.

But here's a list of girl group comebacks to july.

Girl’s Day; “Something”
Ailee; “Singing Got Better”
Dal Shabet; “B.B.B (Big Baby Baby)”
AOA; “Miniskirt’
Spica; “You Don’t Love Me”
Ga In; “Truth or Dare”
STELLAR; “Marionette”
Ladies Code; “So Wonderful”
Sunmi; “Full Moon (ft. Lena Park)”
Girls’ Generation; “Mr.Mr”
2NE1; “Come Back Home” / “Gotta Be You”
Orange Caramel; “Catellena”
4MINUTE; “Whatcha Doin’ Today”
Ga In; “A Tempo”
A-Pink; “Mr.Chu (On Stage)”
NS Yoon-G; “Yasisi”
G.NA; “G.NA’s Secret”
Davichi; “Broke Up and Back Together”
Tahiti; “Oppa Is Mine”
AOA; “Short Hair”
Younha; “Umbrella 2014”
FIESTAR; “One More”
f(x); “Red Light”

And then the current promo's. Nothing really iconic in that list there.

Fantastic Baby is pretty iconic me thinks. But maybe I'm also biased by personal reasons haha

ramyeon

That's still taking his comment out of context.

I can't believe I'm trying to defend a member of Super Junior.

Tornhelm

Neo Member
Yeah, with the rest of his message it does take on a different meaning and come off as sincere.

It still would have been better if he didn't start off like that, though I suppose it could just not be a sentence that translates well into English, but taken as written in the article, from a western viewpoint, it comes off as nearly as douchey as the Westboro Baptists protests.

Edit: I just met with EunB for the first time through a picture - is another translation that another article used and is significantly less on the nose than the Soompi version where they stated it was at the funeral for a person he didn't know.

Pendulum

Update from Dal Shabet's agency re: Subin's recovery
"A month or two back, Subin had taken off her cast and started to walk. We have been expecting that she would be able to rejoin the group near the end of this month, but we still need to continue watching over her progress. She's not affected when it comes to her everyday life, but it is still hard for her to wear high heels and dance. We think their comeback album will probably be possible next year."

----

tumblr_inline_nbkbcfvPai1qdi585.jpg

JustinBB7

So by the look of things, Running Man ratings have been going down heavily past few months. I finally have some free time on my hands now, so I'm getting all the ones I need to catch up on. Can't wait, I'm almost 100 episodes behind thanks to iSubs quitting lol.

Anyway, with these ratings so low, chances it will stop soon? I kinda get it, must be hard to get original ideas week after week. And if you have boring guests, the sometimes hurt the show.

Top Bottom