• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Selane

Sure, their last song came out less than a week ago, but have another FEMM release anyway. Unfortunately almost all ballads are mediocre at best so don't expect any miracles here.

4NFhwfC.jpg
lezxWN5.jpg

Blablurn

I really enjoyed Perfume in the beginning. But then it was always the same afterwards. At one point I was like: I'm good. Good Bye.

luso

Chuseok approaching, anything interesting to watch in the next days?

Apparently TTS going to New York, something for Polo Ralph Lauren Women. Any NYers?

tumblr_nbgdngKuOt1qb1ovyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nbgdvroebf1qb1ovyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nbgdrjpCND1qb1ovyo1_500.jpg

No No Eul

Well here's something you don't see everyday. I was just doing some work on the next OP, creating a thumbnail image for San E's 'Show You the Money' from the YouTube video (because I don't think there's any official artwork for it).

This is what the video looks like:

iby7kDLLoiB6Xj.jpg

So I take a screenshot and paste it into Photoshop and I get this message:

iF1ws0KgroTG1.jpg

Kinda crazy.

luso

This is a good read, if you understand Korean.

Title says: "Each SNSD member receives 0,1 Won per streaming".

If you don't know: USD $1 = 1024 Won, or 1 Cent is 10,24 Won.

SNSD is an example for the artist, the picture on the article shows the digital and streaming music services distribution overall in Korea.

For example, if a download service cost you 600 Won, 18 Won goes to the singer(s). Means SNSD receives 2 Won each (~$0.002)

A monthly service costing you 3000 Won Streaming for 100 songs (I think this is an example) means 0,9 Won for the singer(s). Means a SNSD member would receive 0,1 Won.

On other words, a song must be streamed 1 million times for a singer receive 900 dollars - or $100 for each SNSD member.

Not to mention the problems for the composers and producers, they also receive poorly

These services in Korea basically pay peanuts the artists, only the distributors (after agencies share). I think the article also talks about the iTunes and that artist's share, per song, is bigger outside Korea (USA/Europe)
I knew some of this background so was easy to understand but I used Google translation, if someone finds this full translated, post in here.

K1LLER7

I loved that one too. TVXQ tends to be pretty consistent with good releases.
Definitely (not a fan of their new Japanese music though lol). TVXQ's album is currently my AOTY. Both title tracks were pretty good, thought Spellbound > Something. All the album tracks were all solid, even the solo tracks. So good.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have been bracing for this, but it is no less tragic. As things sunk in and became more "normal"/real concerning EunB's death, it reminded me of when Aaliyah died. Looking back on the details of that, it was likewise a seemingly well preventable occurrence that resulted from great negligence of safety precautions.

I hope that people like Eru can be effective in communicating the need for changes not just from the perspective of valuing human lives, but to companies in their language of callous numbers and asset/investment protection. Pressuring schedules so hard that safety is disregarded does no one good.

AReed

When I heard the news she was in a coma due to brain swelling I knew the outlook was bleak. Condolences.

What are they saying on twitter? Something about refraining from praying for the dead?

Ym1r

Koreaboo translated idol tweets for EunB and ladies code after the crash, they'll probably do it again for RiSe's passing.

ramyeon

When I heard the news she was in a coma due to brain swelling I knew the outlook was bleak. Condolences.

What are they saying on twitter? Something about refraining from praying for the dead?
I'm not gonna translate them individually since it's all pretty similar. Just that it's a really sad, and although people were praying a lot for her to get better it turned out like this. If you mean the sentence 삼가 고인의 명복을 빕니다 (Which they all said) then it's basically what we say as "Rest in Peace" in English. It means to pray for the happiness of the deceased in the afterlife.

Hyosung's is the only one that's a bit different, she says "It really hurts (Her feelings)... I pray that she can rest even in the sky (Afterlife). It's really sad/depressing that this happened during a time everyone should feel warm/happy (Because it's Chuseok). It really hurts. I pray for the happiness of the deceased. I'll keep praying."

Top Bottom