• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Niks

2014930112024w8wmnet_T5_105168.jpg

Is that the guy? well.. thats a big forehead...

ramyeon

2014930112024w8wmnet_T5_105168.jpg

Is that the guy? well.. thats a big forehead...
Yeah, that's Tyler Kwon. They've been rumoured to be together for quite some time now. I think it was a couple of months back that a marriage rumour went out after he posted a photo of two rings on some social media account or something. He's a Korean American and CEO of an Investment company, he's loaded in other words lol.

The marriage thing definitely isn't out of the blue, there's been rumours going around for awhile now but I'd wait and see what the official stance is.

Man if this is true and it really is just because Jess wants to get married, that's some scumbag behavior from SM. And would be doubly disappointing if the other members were actually in on it.

Fafnir

Hhmm so this shit might actually be true? I always thought that Sica would be the first to leave, but damn she couldn't wait 2 years for her contract to be over? If she does get married, they better move to the States as that guy will be the most hated in Korea for breaking up OT9.

cvt2jrJ.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm so glad I'm not that much of an SNSD fan. If I were, I'd be having a fucking heart attack right about now.
Same, except I'm a Sica stan. If it is all true: Get yours, girl. Can't let anything trap you out of important shit like marriage and business options that will actually last. No sense in being a slave.

Niks

Same, except I'm a Sica stan. If it is all true: Get yours, girl. Can't let anything trap you out of important shit like marriage and business options that will actually last. No sense in being a slave.

In the grand scheme of things.. you are right.
But still, its a shitty way to end things. Im sure all other members want to do/pursue other things, but as a group decided to hold on 3 more years?

Jess certainly didnt.

Ym1r

It makes absolutely no fucking sense for her to say "I was excited for our upcoming fan events" and "my priority and love is to serve as a member of GG"

Yes, let's invest my money and time into my business, and head to New York the day before a fan meet and potentially miss that.

SNSD has been together for 7 years, and they chose to extend it 3 more years, why even bother if you're going to treat SNSD like it's some sort of side business.

It's her choice I don't have a problem with it, but there's a ton of inconsistent statements being shot around. What she says makes no sense if you believe what SM said. If they don't have a clue and have to reach out to get a definitive answer why is Jessica saying there was a reason for it.

If SM is just lying and stalling for a way to handle PR better then sure whatever Jessica is right, but that still doesn't take away from the fact that she chanced missing the fan meet to go to New York, and say some bullshit about prioritizing GG and her fans.

In the grand scheme of things.. you are right.
But still, its a shitty way to end things. Im sure all other members want to do/pursue other things, but as a group decided to hold on 3 more years?

Jess certainly didnt.

Exactly, why even bother renewing contract then? She could have easily decline and leave with a better situation for both. This will only harm her and her business.

I still remember when i said in IRC that Sica had a weibo account just for business, not her fans and you guys told me i was crazy lol.

giri

lol. That's rather objectively one dimensional. She wouldn't have those opportunities with out the people "trapping" her. First and foremost, publicly, she's SNSD Jessica. No one would care about her with out those first 4 letters.

Yeah, moving forward, w/e. But their new contracts were supposedly a lot more open for this stuff. So it all seems completely made up.

AndIi don't see why she would be keeping marriage "hidden" like this. When so many of the group are openly dating she could quite easily come out as dating the guy. Particularly if they aren't married yet.

A lot of onehallyu's posts seem extremely gossipy and feeding on sone's buying into drama.

Dice

If they don't have a clue and have to reach out to get a definitive answer why is Jessica saying there was a reason for it.

If SM is just lying and stalling for a way to handle PR better...
News this explosive is leak-prone. They would tell Jess first before letting the PR department know what is going on. If anything at all needs to be set in stone yet (including verification of how everything let up to it and how it concluded), PR is going to want that information set before beginning to make any statements.

lol. That's rather objectively one dimensional. She wouldn't have those opportunities with out the people "trapping" her. First and foremost, publicly, she's SNSD Jessica. No one would care about her with out those first 4 letters.
So how is that Nicole solo career gonna go?

Ym1r

News this explosive is leak-prone. They would tell Jess first before letting the PR department know what is going on. If anything at all needs to be set in stone yet (including verification of how everything let up to it and how it concluded), PR is going to want that information set before beginning to make any statements.

PR had a window of time from her post and their quick, small update and literally all they had to do was confirm/deny. But they have yet to say either, so somebody is lying. Either Jessica is playing with SM to get what she really wants, or SM is dicking around trying to find a proper way to blast the fans with the wonderful news of what they did. (Or this is all a hack, which it is getting further and further away from being)

I still have a problem with: That still doesn't take away from the fact that she chanced missing the fan meet to go to New York, and say some bullshit about prioritizing GG and her fans.

Regardless of what really went on, that seems like an absolute load of shit, and she should really say whats on her mind.

Honey Bunny

She'll be making bare monies with her bf in China while the rest of them are still licking Soo Man's boot heels. Honestly they should all be following Sica's example and stop dating little boys and find real husband material stand up for their own interests.

Ym1r

She'll be making bare monies with her bf in China while the rest of them are still licking Soo Man's boot heels. Honestly they should all be following Sica's example and stop dating little boys and find real husband material stand up for their own interests.

SNSD has made bank from their 7 years. If they wanted to pursue their own activities there's literally no reason for them to sign an additional 3 years.

I'm under the impression that SNSD have a large amount of freedom to do a lot of what they feel like and aren't restricted like many other groups. The reason why the stay under the banner of SNSD is because it's insane popularity. But the least they could do while staying under that banner is respect the fans that gave them the popularity (and money).

I have no concern whether or not they are dating or marrying, and I'm sure SM and a lot of fans don't give a crap either, because at this point in their careers it's natural to love. I think concern lies in the fact that she wants to do what she wants, and forsake SNSD.

Dice

I dunno, man. Did you watch J&K, specifically the episodes with Sica talking to her friends? She talked a lot about the difficulty sitting between celebrity and trying to carry on a life. Even being in the same company, she could barely even see her sister, and that is a major thing they acknowledged, that the J&K show actually let them spend time together like they couldn't otherwise. I mean it was a big deal and they cried a lot with thankfulness for the chance the J&K show provided and yet also regret that they were letting their jobs keep them from each other. In view of that, if she was wanting to date and get married and such (and it is likely, since she brought that up on the show as well, and in 3 years she'll be 28, and she seems to want kids) then she'd want to try and figure out a way to do it so as to not let celebrity keep her from it, yet not pull a Sunye. If that ends up being even harder than expected, I'm not going to fault her for at least trying to give it a go and be faithful to both ends.

Ym1r

I dunno, man. Did you watch J&K, specifically the episodes with Sica talking to her friends? She talked a lot about the difficulty sitting between celebrity and trying to carry on a life. Even being in the same company she could barely even see her sister, and that is a major thing they acknowledged that the J&K show actually let them spend time together like they couldn't otherwise. If she was wanting to date and get married and such (and it is likely, since she brought that up on the show as well, an in 3 years she'll be 28) then she'd want to try and figure out a way to do it so as to not let celebrity keep her from it, yet not pull a Sunye. If that ends up being even harder than expected, I'm not going to fault her for at least trying to give it a go and be faithful to both ends.

She had a chance to give it all up, but took another 3 years. If she wanted to give it a go and then realize it was harder than she thought then why bother even saying shit like "but for no justifiable reason, I am being forced out."

Sounds to me like she chose her private life and business over SNSD, and looks like SM doesn't appreciate that.

Like I said, I don't give a crap about her decision I would have supported her either way, I give a crap because shes trying to make it seem like SNSD is still her love and life when it clearly isn't.

Dice

Like I said, I don't give a crap about her decision I would have supported her either way, I give a crap because shes trying to make it seem like SNSD is still her love and life when it clearly isn't.
Maybe that's true but she didn't realize it yet. People aren't always aware of the actual priorities they are following.

Or maybe SNSD is demanding more than is reasonably possible to maintain while actually still having ability to pursue anything else, so to keep it #1 priority in the capacity it desires is to be fully slave to it, and any little bit on the side takes away from it to an extent they won't stand for. Dunno, man, but I do trust Sica. I don't think she is trying to scheme as it seems you do.

luso

If it ends up being that she was kicked out because she wanted to get married then that is some huge BS
Yes, bullshit.

Forsaken? So why did she renew? Even after Sulli stuff she was not clearly kicked out, they called hiatus. And now hours before the fanmeet SM informs she's out for good? SM did this on purpose today, expected her silence, played the cards like this because of BLANC. Are they willing to jeopardize SNSD for that stuff by kicking her? About the other members, they also renewed and are bonded to it now, this is Korea, if you break it just because, your future career in Korea is near dead,look at JYJ. I bet they were informed at the same time, and SM already poisoned opinion saying they also agreed, if we believe on the weibo post words.

Sounds to me like she chose her private life and business over SNSD, and looks like SM doesn't appreciate that.

I think this is a little disingenuous coming from SM though. The rest of SNSD are doing their own thing not as SNSD... currently Yoong is in a movie, Syoung is starring on a drama, and Sunny is on Roommate on top of her radio show. And their past activities, almost all of them weren't billed as SNSD's whoever in this movie/drama/variety/musical.

So why the change?

Why single out Sica for wanting to start a company when the rest of the members are stuck in ridiculous schedules unrelated to SNSD?

Sure the messaging was wrong coming from both parts, but I personally believe SM is in the wrong here. If they're gonna pull this shit with Sica, then they should remove Yoong, Syoung, and Sunny in their own things and make them prioritize SNSD instead.

Niks

Not judging, but I think Jessica put herself before the group.

If every SNSD member had side projects, there would be no SNSD.

I think this is a little disingenuous coming from SM though. The rest of SNSD are doing their own thing not as SNSD... currently Yoong is in a movie, Syoung is starring on a drama, and Sunny is on Roommate on top of her radio show. And their past activities, almost all of them weren't billed as SNSD's whoever in this movie/drama/variety/musical.

So why the change?

Why single out Sica for wanting to start a company when the rest of the members are stuck in ridiculous schedules unrelated to SNSD?

Sure the messaging was wrong coming from both parts, but I personally believe SM is in the wrong here. If they're gonna pull this shit with Sica, then they should remove Yoong, Syoung, and Sunny in their own things and make them prioritize SNSD instead.

Because when SNSD are in movies, dramas, hosting radio shows, they are doing so under SM. SM is an entertainment company, they do more than just make music. Just take a look at Goo Ara and Lee Yeon-Hee. Also, remember that Blanc is probably in direct competition with companies that would otherwise pay SM and their idols/actors to promote.

luso

The Prioritize SNSD talk, no confirmation so far, is bulshit, not even SM seems to prioritize them anymore. As far as we know, she never had a missing schedule or even a confirmed "scandal". The reason must lay outside this, and for business it means money. Again I'm for stuff related to BLANC and SM wanting something that she was not willing to give.

Ym1r

Or maybe SNSD is demanding more than is reasonably possible to maintain while actually still having ability to pursue anything else, so to keep it #1 priority in the capacity it desires is to be fully slave to it, and any little bit on the side takes away from it to an extent they won't stand for. Dunno, man, but I do trust Sica. I don't think she is trying to scheme as it seems you do.

Which is why I question, why bother signing 3 more years if you know what working in SNSD is like. Especially considering in the past they were more restricted, and had less free time due to way more hectic schedules because of their larger popularity then compared to now. Back then they constantly flew back and forth between Japan and Korea, constantly had performances, had generally 4 or less hours of sleep, had extreme diets, and weren't allowed to really do much with the free time they even had. Even now, it's similar, but since they've been around for so long I'm sure they negotiated some sort of freedom because they have the power to do so.

She knew the workload of being an SNSD member. She showed what her priority was when she extended the contract, but shes definitely showing that it's not now.

I'm fine that shes angry about being kicked out, and I definitely think SM should have tried to find some common ground before doing so, but her blatant lie doesn't make her statement better. She clearly doesn't prioritize GG.

So why the change?

The difference is they don't go the New York the day before a fan meet and have the chance to potentially miss it.

The Prioritize SNSD talk, no confirmation so far, is bulshit, not even SM seems to prioritize them anymore. As far as we know, she never had a missing schedule or even a confirmed "scandal". The reason must lay outside this, and for business it means money. Again I'm for stuff related to BLANC and SM wanting something that she was not willing to give.

It's speculation at this point but from her actions you can the feel for what she has prioritized. Flying to New York (with her supposed boyfriend and business partner) the day before the fan meet and potentially missing it says a whole lot about how she feels about SNSD.

Ym1r

I like the "potentially" word.

There's a reason why I said it. You and I both won't know whether or not she would have made it in time, but it's definitely better to be safe than sorry, especially when it's a FAN MEET. The very people who launched your god damn career to where it's at now.

Clearly she had something important to attend to that day. Did she assess that she may have missed the fan meet too?

Dice

Yeah, business is all about the bills. Look at the shit with Sulli, or with members of other big groups who did some big shit and still had to FIGHT their way out of SM. For SM to be the ones doing the kicking? It's all about the $$$$*

*IF this is all true

giri

Why would her missing a fan meet be a big deal? Yoona didn't attend any Gayo's last year.

They've done perfs as 8 & 7. And other events.

Think that's a load of BS.

Ym1r

Why would her missing a fan meet be a big deal? Yoona didn't attend any Gayo's last year.

They've done perfs as 8 & 7. And other events.

Think that's a load of BS.

Because Yoona did it out of the fact that she was working and had no choice. Jessica apparently went on her own accord (as nobody knew where she was really at).

edit: yeah looks confirmed she left, need a translation though. http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=001&oid=311&aid=0000390308

Honey Bunny

Lol ym. Yeh she's prioritizing the man she wants to spend the rest of her life with over meeting some faceless sones waving glowsticks for the hundredth time. She doesn't owe us anything, she's done the grind for long enough.

Run free, Sica bb.

ibi0Pvd77KehaB.jpg

Ym1r

Lol ym. Yeh she's prioritizing the man she wants to spend the rest of her life with over meeting some faceless sones waving glowsticks for the hundredth time. She doesn't owe us anything, she's done the grind for long enough.

Run free, Sica bb.

Which I said I don't have a problem. I fucking said multiple times I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH ANY OF HER CHOICES.

I have a problem with her saying she prioritizes GG over everything else.

Just be honest and stop lying to your fans.

Top Bottom