• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sica sooo fine.

....and out of sync with the others and lacking energy/pop. TBH the official MV was the first in a while where they seemed sharp/on point.

Thanks! :3
Too bad the end is missing, tho.

Yeah, not sure why the leaker released it like this. Maybe China's firewall caught on and stopped the download? Lol.

Sica sooo fine.

....and out of sync with the others and lacking energy/pop. TBH the official MV was the first in a while where they seemed sharp/on point.

You can definitely tell that they kept practicing on it in the time in between Sica's split and re-filming of the MV.

Listening to Pink Tape again wins the actual battle.

Red Light > Pink Tape

Both are amazing however. I've come to realize lately that f(x)' albums are on another level compared to most other groups.

Mamamoo >>>>>>> Sistar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AoA so far.

cREbu2Q.gif

This is why sexism still exists... Your fucking list is backwards.

Sica sooo fine.

The editing is not that good either, it probably was'nt the final version of the MV that time.

Inb4 comeback delayed because of this. : /

Eldren

Sistar is grampa music.

AOA is fun if generic summer bop expected of a sporty theme. They are crazy fine as always. That helps.

Best thing was bro with the banana @3m or the guy who fell on his knees
(in worship?)
when Yuna blew a kiss at him.

He was on an episode of A Song For You when they were on. He's English (and by that I mean English English), going from a foreign nobody to appearing in an MV with AOA...what an inspiration.

Anyway, I agree that Heart Attack is a grower but something is definitely up with the production. It's so...loud. Like constantly. The best songs on the mini are Come To Me and Chocolate, funnily enough the only two songs not written by Brave Bros.

9 Muses next please.

llehuty

You can definitely tell that they kept practicing on it in the time in between Sica's split and re-filming of the MV.

Don't they (most of the times) learn the choreo days before filming the MV and that's why we get stupidly over edited mvs? If they had to rehearse again with the different formations it would already be an improvement.

Inb4 comeback delayed because of this. : /

It seems just like a well timed "leak" for some media play. #tinfoilhat

Don't they (most of the times) learn the choreo days before filming the MV and that's why we get stupidly over edited mvs? If they had to rehearse again with the different formations it would already be an improvement.

Not days, 2 weeks at the very least.

K-Pop isn't all filled with talented dance groups like Quest Crew, Beat Freaks or the Jabbawockeez who can learn choreo within one day lol. I mean this is LazySica we're talking about over here... haha.

But really though, it's 2 weeks at the least since you have to teach the choreo individually first then start forming the formations and of course practicing it to perfection.

I'm gonna put the tinfoil hat on right now so bear with me, but I think SM rushed this OT9 version as they knew Sica was planning to leave already and they(SM and Soshi) wanted to include her in this as a farewell promotion thing hence why the shitty choreo and editing. But somewhere along the line, shit hit the fan with the two and they had to scrap everything.

luso

Not days, 2 weeks at the very least.

K-Pop isn't all filled with talented dance groups like Quest Crew, Beat Freaks or the Jabbawockeez who can learn choreo within one day lol. I mean this is LazySica we're talking about over here... haha.

But really though, it's 2 weeks at the least since you have to teach the choreo individually first then start forming the formations and of course practicing it to perfection.

I'm gonna put the tinfoil hat on right now so bear with me, but I think SM rushed this OT9 version as they knew Sica was planning to leave already and they(SM and Soshi) wanted to include her in this as a farewell promotion thing hence why the shitty choreo and editing. But somewhere along the line, shit hit the fan with the two and they had to scrap everything.

Maybe that wasn't a final version. Editing was not so on point.
Anyway a couple of weeks are probably needed to practice, specially if people has other simultaneous activities and can't spend all day practicing.
I don't see why this is a reason to be "rushed". This single was to be release before/during Tokyo Dome, apparently it was agreed between all parties and Jessica would leave SNSD (as Jessica wished) as some sort of hiatus, to focus on individual and B&E activities, after TD in December.

And this is what I gathered from recent sources:
Divine MV was also to be some sort of farewell. After all she renewed her contract under SM at the start of 2014, as the other members did, but all agreeing it would exclude her from any SNSD activities. What was unexpected was B&E being launched before that (I thought at that time it was kind of rushed since only shades were sold, too little for a brand even as at starting point?). It was a game changing situation. Original plan was to be in 2015. This together with the rumour she, after all, changed her mind and wanted to continue with as SNSD member even with B&E on the way. Since no full commitment to SNSD activities, as a condition to continue as a member, was demonstrated by her (either indecisiveness or unable to manage all the things happening with a brand launch ) she was "forced" out by them and the company.

Now this part is the key point and (in)famous Oniontaker also said this event was a consequence of miscommunication between both parts, so I'm inclined to believe she would be put into hiatus sooner than planned and starting from that date (if she would still take part of TD concert I can't tell) but she then released her statement about being forced out - truth but not all the truth. This precipitated into the definitive expulsion from the group by SM.

No No Eul

The song is forgettable but I did enjoy all the pretty colours and Soyu et al look great. There are worse ways to spend three and a half minutes I guess.

JYP hasn't shown them to door yet.

It's a bit of a shame really. I can't help but think that Momo would be better off escaping to some other agency rather than remaining locked up in JYP's basement for goodness knows how much longer.

luso

Sistar's is meh, Shake Your Body is more memorable.
I feel AOA and Sistar concepts are very similar, augmented to be released on the same day. In summary, some random american school concept (exo too)?

Ah, Oniontaker. I haven't seen that name in a while lol.

I read somewhere that they filmed the OT9 MV before they went to KCON last year and it would tie up well with what's out there I think. IIRC Fany posted a pic of her with one of the outfits before KCON and there's also that clip where Sica was singing her part in that JungSis reality show last year and the filming for that took place in between May and July.

Either way both parties are definitely at fault IMO.

I still don't understand why Sica decided to turn her back on the group by launching B&E. But at the same time, I think it's highly unjustified for SM and maybe even Soshi to force her out of the group for wanting to do something else. They're at the point in their careers that they could literally commit murder and still get away with it... nothing still makes sense imo.

TEHJOE

Neo Member
So Soshi renewed their contracts in early 2014 but it was reported in early September to coincide with their anniversary? It always sounded wrong note that SM would negotiate and dump Jessica a month later. The contract would of made an easy get out of jail free card for SM.

luso

So Soshi renewed their contracts in early 2014 but it was reported in early September to coincide with their anniversary? It always sounded wrong note that SM would negotiate and dump Jessica a month later. The contract would of made an easy get out of jail free card for SM.

Onion tweeted in Feb 04 about it and gave a few more hints months later, before September. When was officially announced, most of fans already knew about it.

ramyeon

JYP has denied the reports, saying nothing has been decided re: a Wonder Girls comeback. He could just be denying it because of a leak and wanting to announce it officially later on, but I'd take it with a grain of salt at the moment. Rumours started flying because Sunye is returning to Korea but JYP has denied that it's related to a WG comeback, saying she's back in the country for personal reasons and that they're not filming a music video.

JYP has denied the reports, saying nothing has been decided re: a Wonder Girls comeback. He could just be denying it because of a leak and wanting to announce it officially later on, but I'd take it with a grain of salt at the moment. Rumours started flying because Sunye is returning to Korea but JYP has denied that it's related to a WG comeback, saying she's back in the country for personal reasons and that they're not filming a music video.

IIRC the source is instiz.net, the same that reported the BEG disband that turned out fake.

ramyeon

IIRC the source is instiz.net, the same that reported the BEG disband that turned out fake.
Yeah that's correct, I posted back then that Instiz isn't a reliable source and nothing's changed. Other portals did report it, though I think Instiz was the first in this case too.

I don't doubt a WG comeback at some point in the future, but it's just not going to happen at this point in time.

I feel sorry for whoever leaked this or tried to start this rumor within JYP.

They got a fate worse than getting fired... getting eternally locked in JYP's dungeon.

Niks

I still don't understand why Sica decided to turn her back on the group by launching B&E. But at the same time, I think it's highly unjustified for SM and maybe even Soshi to force her out of the group for wanting to do something else. They're at the point in their careers that they could literally commit murder and still get away with it... nothing still makes sense imo.

This has been discussed before?

Sica wanted out, and wanted to go into the fashion business. Group was ok with it as long as it didn't interfere with SNSD activities, and SM agreed as long as Jessica dindt use SNSD as brand to help her new business. Jessica was fine with those conditions.
Then things went to shit. Jess began to focus on her business (couldn't do both things), missed the rehearsal and decided to start promoting B&E while still being in SNSD.

Members were not ok with that, SM was not ok with that. She was kicked out.

Pretty justified and straightforward to me.

ramyeon

Went from actively disliking AOA's new track to looping it, it's catchy. But I really dislike the male vocals that sound like fanchants in the background. Too frequent and distracting.

feist_

Banned
Have Sistar released a good song since Alone? One listen to AoA Heart Attack left me not wanting to hear it again. Will give it 2-3 more tries once my ears recover.

Hyosong (Cosmopolitan Korea) 전효성의 달콤 섹시한 휴가

Son Dambi (Cosmopolitan Korea) 유미의 방 6월 30일(화) 밤 8시 30분 첫방송!
Son Dambi (Cosmopolitan Korea) [유미의 방] 손담비의 퇴근 후 일상

Watermark-free Fei, and revisiting Jessica 'cause fvck it, why not...

Not quite in order & not everyone shown but...
Shin Se Kyung, Choa, Worst Jimin, Hyejeong, Seolhyun, Jung So Min, PerfectFeiDaBest™, Oh Seungah, Song Hye Kyo, Jeon Hye Bin, Shin Min A, Go Joon Hee, Hani, Lee Sung Kyung

TEHJOE

Neo Member
I think Jessica planned on "retiring" several years back She was physically done and I can't blame her for not wanting to stick around for botched promotions like "Mr.Mr” or as a tool to promote upcoming groups. She needed a way to cash in on her fame beyond typical KPOP means. Tyler offered opportunities to leverage her celebrity status for venture capital.

I imagine the plan was to launch B&E at a time when Jessica's contract was close to its end date and SM would let things fly rather than risk trouble in paradise. Unfortunately, Jessica wasn't remotely skilled enough to fulfill the responsibilities of a brand launch. SM who had been burned before with DBSK saw an easy kill of the fledgling brand. They had done all the leg work and simply needed to wait for a slip-up.

Pretty justified and straightforward to me.

Sure, if you're hardcore SONE who believes every word that comes out of SM and all the other insiders like Oniontaker.

I know this is the official story and all. But it can't be as simple as this. There's definitely something we don't know about that turned everything to shit.

I'm more inclined to believe this story than the official story tbh:

I imagine the plan was to launch B&E at a time when Jessica's contract was close to its end date and SM would let things fly rather than risk trouble in paradise. Unfortunately, Jessica wasn't remotely skilled enough to fulfill the responsibilities of a brand launch. SM who had been burned before with DBSK saw an easy kill of the fledgling brand. They had done all the leg work and simply needed to wait for a slip-up.

I mean think about it, how can you easily kick somebody out of a group just coz they're missing practice or interfering with promotions? They've dealt with it before when Yoona was missing due to her drama schedules, other members injuries and the other schedules they had, why can't they give Sica the same amount of leeway? If this was a nugu group, then the possibility of getting kicked out coz you're doing something else is very likely, but this is SNSD that we're talking about... the current queens of the fncking K-Pop industry. SM isn't that bullheaded enough to send Sica to the fire, considering that she's still under contract with them after all. And also the members themselves aren't assholes that they'd kick her out... unless of course, they really are assholes behind the facade. But that's another topic lol.

I'm not gonna make assumptions on what happened as this definitely has been discussed to death before. I'm just pointing out that the official story is only a shred of truth being given to us and there's definitely a lot more to this story that we'll never know. If anything, the leak of the OT9 CMIYC is just further proof that the official story is kinda bullshit.

I mean think about it, how can you easily kick somebody out of a group just coz they're missing practice or interfering with promotions? They've dealt with it before when Yoona was missing due to her drama schedules, other members injuries and the other schedules they had, why can't they give Sica the same amount of leeway? If this was a nugu group, then the possibility of getting kicked out coz you're doing something else is very likely, but this is SNSD that we're talking about... the current queens of the fncking K-Pop industry. SM isn't that bullheaded enough to send Sica to the fire, considering that she's still under contract with them after all. And also the members themselves aren't assholes that they'd kick her out... unless of course, they really are assholes behind the facade. But that's another topic lol.

I'm not gonna make assumptions on what happened as this definitely has been discussed to death before. I'm just pointing out that the official story is only a shred of truth being given to us and there's definitely a lot more to this story that we'll never know. If anything, the leak of the OT9 CMIYC is just further proof that the official story is kinda bullshit.

The difference is that B&E is not something SM can control, like every side activity the girls have. That's a major difference and of course is just a part of the story. I believe the "official" story is a small sample of a major business and issues within the group.

I don't think we'll ever know what really happened, at least not until they disband and one of the involved parts, that is Sica and the X person who triggered the whole issue, makes a biography and tells everything.

Top Bottom