• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
7NidMzQ.gif

not my baby :((((((((

Dice

Maybe she'll sit in a chair and show off AAALLLLLLL the legs like Minah did.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
f(x) is in the same place as 2NE1 and After School anyway. The purgatory. Neither dead nor alive. But in f(x)'s case...Sulli put them there.

ramyeon

Wonder Girls apparently to comeback as a band... Yeeun on keyboard, Yoobin on drums, Sunmi on bass and Lim on guitar... I don't even.

Dice

WG band lol

Now f(x) can finally have a smooth, unsullied comeback

Princess Hyeri doesn't need to dance

Pendulum

SM Entertainment has just made the following statement: "We have seen the articles stating that Sulli is withdrawing from f(x). We are currently checking into whether or not it is true, and will make a statement after sorting it out."

tumblr_n9wr767B2W1r2ujh2o7_500.gif

JohnCYQ

I don't know what's your experience with k-dramas, but stupid plot points is almost a requirement. What you are talking about producer doesn't sound that bad though. It's fiction, it doesn't need a precedent. The closest we have been of some company burying an idol or forgetting about someone was YG with se7en. The guy just disapeared after the massage parlor scandal until his contract eventually expired.

Edit: Although, now that I think of it, the most recent case of replacement didn't involve and individual but a group: Red Velvet replacing f(x) after the Sulli thing. I hope that I'm wrong, but until proven otherwise, it seems like that's going to be the case.

Yea I have watched quite a few k-dramas, just that I take Producer as an exception, being a variety drama with real-life elements moreso than others, multiple cameos/mention of other idols/agencies (JYP, YG, SNSD, EXID, Suzy, Dara etc) even if they come with a faked personality.

How big was se7en though? Cindy is described as a "Top Star" who has consistently been winning #1 on music shows during her album promotions (even winning with a ballad), has Suzy as her CF rival, has constant 10k+ sold-out concerts in Japan etc. The scandal Se7en had pretty much counts as a sex-related scandal (which is pretty damaging for a scandal in Korea), compared to the one Cindy had which seemed more likely to get fan support rather than the hate that was shown, not even counting the illogical part with "CEO Byun knew nothing about it/never met her parents" because you know, a minor signing a contract without parental approval is just impossible.

Not sure how RV is replacing F(x) since they have rather different fandoms still, and the member composition isn't even similar. Like, even if someone argues that EXO has taken over SUJU's position as the main boy-group of SM, its not like ELFs automatically switched to stan EXO instead, fandoms don't work like that.

I think the point was not that she's replaced because she's losing steam (possibly unlike Yuna), and Byun CEO was forced to rush her plan, as Cindy started thinking on her own.

Again the drama, for understandable reasons, showed an extreme example, but the real life equivalents are more like big stars being given gradually less push and sometimes dropped from labels.
That's the thing though. I mean, for example, sure, BoA is now barely promoted by SM since they are spending most of their efforts on EXO and maybe Red Velvet (letting SHINee do their own thing), but its not like they ever did this during BoA's peak. No company is stupid enough to do this, but Byun CEO is shown doing exactly that (forcing a scandal right after a very successful promotion over one incident...yea no). Now add on the "I can easily replace you" thing and it really requires quite an imagination to even consider that scenario plausible in the current k-idol industry. Even JYJ has survived well enough for the 7 years of broadcasting ban they have endured, I don't see how a Suzy/IU level idol not survive with the fanbase that they have over such a low-impact/illogical scandal.

I don't mind a little exaggeration, but within context of the "variety drama" laced with real-world idol elements, even that seems a little extreme/unbelievable in comparison. Just changing the scandal to something more serious would have made the scenario more believable IMO (ie Cindy caught walking out of a man's apartment!).

Wonder Girls apparently to comeback as a band... Yeeun on keyboard, Yoobin on drums, Sunmi on bass and Lim on guitar... I don't even.

Of course they'd put the one who left the group and magically showed up out of nowhere as the bassist.

Nobody in this world gives a damn about us bassists. :(

On the other hand, JYP is a fnckin' genius. Putting Yubin on drums? What a damn tease hahaha.

neoism

Saw this on reddit:

Rumored Soshi RM teams filming today:

First Team: Song Ji Hyo - Kim Jong Kook - HaHa - Tiffany - HyoYeon
Second Team: Yoo Jae Suk - Lee Kwang Soo - Yuri - Sunny - Seohyun
Third Team: Ji Suk Jin - Kang Gary - Yoona - Sooyoung - Taeyeon

Fany and Sooyoung first time on RM, hopefully they don't sprain anything.

GXMTUuX.gif

holy shitttt i cant wait for this Kreygasm 😍 team Ji Suk Jin

i havent watched RM in a while...

llehuty

I'm totally ok with Girl's Day promoting without Hyeri
pls

Lmao this, but is the source trustworthy? Sounds a bit bullshitty, but then again, JYP is a crazy man... *shrug*

#justiceforMomo

Edit:
플레이백 (Playback) - Playback MV
This out of nowhere debut is really good.

[MV] Tymee(타이미) _ Love Is(사랑은) (Feat. Subin(수빈) Of Dal★Shabet(달샤벳))
This is a good inoffensive summer track.

케이윌(K.will)&주영(JooYoung)_SHAKE IT R&B ver. (COVER VIDEO)
Starship trying to make Shake it listeneable
They fail

luso

F(4), surprised but not really surprised...
And given contracts expire in 1,5 year, their longevity is marked.
Shinee the survivors.
I think how Sulli's situation is/was handled would be the same to be given to Jessica, hiatus and then the confirmation of her being out of SNSD, because of other activities (in this case, B&E) but maybe under SM would do other activities such as JungSis, but then the dismissal statements were released...

"Playback" not bad.

No No Eul

Urgh, it really is, isn't it. f(x) tho! I'm pretty hyped already.

I'll be visiting London this weekend. Maybe I should just go to Trafalgar Square and start queuing. :p

llehuty

나인뮤지스[9MUSES] Special Summer Album : 9MUSES S/S EDITION Special Preview
Dat intro + title track double punch. The other tracks seem allright.

Pretty nice track. Woolim (the main vocalist, orange socks) has a really unique look that I like. I just read that she was a JYP trainee for 3 years.

Yeah, she really has a unique voice
waiting for dice trashing her unnecesary vocal embellishments
and she is also really cute,
waiting for dice's official qt3.14 seal of approval.

[Debut Stage] 150625 Playback (플레이백) - Playback @ M! Countdown
Some really dedicated fans already.

I'm definitely keeping an eye on them.

TEHJOE

Neo Member
I tend to be sympathetic towards Sunhwa. There's definitely some discord and smothering the tension on Radio Star seems perfunctory. Sunhwa's pettiness may leave Secret vulnerable but that's the least of the group's worries.

Besides she was the one who was bullied during the IY days.

Top Bottom