• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Niks

I'd never followed any other groups besides BB/2NE1 but now I'm starting to get pretty hardcore into it, I've been taken...and I'm like 5 years too late to be a true SNSD fan, since I never gave them a second look all those years ago, but now they're pretty much all I listen to. So yeah I just wanted to say hi, felt like a good time to pop in since you guys posted Orange Caramel are coming back soon :D Yay (more dance routines to learn in front of my mirror...)

Welcome!

If you are new to soshi, do yourself a favor and download hello baby, and infinite youth season 1. They are God tier soshi shows.

Welcome!

OC is a good choice. Soon they will be back. OC best song?
Thanks <3 I'm not sure of a favourite, probably Shanghai Romance, but I always get the feeling most people look over that one? I love it though because it's so uptempo and the video/choreo is so goofy.

k-pop gaf legend milkham made that compilation!
Yaaasss. Props to them then :p It always cheers me up. I've seen a couple others pop up in Youtube recommendations but the tumblr one was what reignited my Kpop spirit, so to speak.

Welcome!

If you are new to soshi, do yourself a favor and download hello baby, and infinite youth season 1. They are God tier soshi shows.
Hey! I think I'll give them a look. I'm so annoyed I never got into Kpop earlier. I could've been there through all the Jessica drama, which makes me sad even if I'm late, but I'm not as bad as the people who horde to "every" SNSD video on YT to mention how they miss her or how they're not the same now~~

I've been watching a lot of subbed Weekly Idol as well and loved their recent appearance on that. I think years ago I may have watched Gee when it came out but never took a liking to them then as much as 2NE1 (YG artists definitely tailor to a more western sound), but now I'm listening to it on the daily and I think my family and friends are a bit weirded out by a 24 year old guy prancing around the house to an aegyo song.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Time for my usual recommendations. Give 4Minute (Muzik, Huh, Volume Up, Crazy), After School (Bang, Flashback, First Love) and Nine Muses (Wild, Glue, Hurt Locker) a shot! Or if you want to hit the top tier right off the bat (if you love eighties music), Wonder Girls's Reboot album.

Welcome to the madhouse.

...so Jiyoon is not a very good rapper.
Hopefully it's the editing. They made a deaf girl look like a ditz. MNet can do anything at this point.

Time for my usual recommendations. Give 4Minute (Muzik, Huh, Volume Up, Crazy), After School (Bang, Flashback, First Love) and Nine Muses (Wild, Glue, Hurt Locker) a shot! Or if you want to hit the top tier right off the bat (if you love eighties music), Wonder Girls's Reboot album.

Welcome to the madhouse.

Hopefully it's the editing. They made a deaf girl look like a ditz. MNet can do anything at this point.

I'll give them a look. Cause I like OC I've listened to some AS already, Flashback is good, also Lizzy's solo stuff I love too. I really like the trot sound it would seem, and their Love Battery performance here (I listened to the original after and liked their cover better :V)

Mainly I've been listening to SISTAR, AOA, Red Velvet, and SHINee besides OC and SNSD. I need to give Wonder Girls a listen since internet friends of mine seem to really like them but I haven't given them a good listen.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I think you'll really like 4Minute at the very least. They have a pretty US-ish sound (Volume Up and Crazy in particular). They'd fit in any club, if it wasn't for the Korean. The Wonder Girls are Kpop royalty like SNSD, but I am a lot more mixed on them than most...except that I 100% believe that Reboot is the best Korean pop record of all time. No jokes there. It's pop perfection.

F(x) would be right up your alley too. Really poppy, catchy as hell sound.

So the other day I randomly asked my sister who her favorite member of SNSD was jokingly. I asked her as a joke and I expected her not to know what the hell I was talking about. Turns out she listens to Kpop too (started a few years ago) and her answer was Seohyun. lmao I had no idea she was a fan.

Oh yeah F(x) I totally forgot. Electric Shock I listen to a fair bit too (Amber <3, she must be pretty "out there" for Korean visual standards which I love). 4 Minute have popped up when I've listened to Spotify/Youtube mixes but haven't stood out too much until I give them a proper listen. I have so much to catch up on but thanks for the recommendations guys and gals.

AReed

so in korean class was learning how to describe the positions of things with &#50948; (on, up) and &#50500;&#47000; (under, down) like, &#52293;&#51060; &#50612;&#46356; &#51080;&#50612;&#50836;? &#52293;&#49345; &#50948;&#50640; &#51080;&#50612;&#50836;.

anyway my pretty teacher started singing and dancing (a bit) to exid up and down to help us remember the two. "&#50948; &#50500;&#47000; &#50948; &#50948; &#50500;&#47000;" greatest thing in the world.

You should take a selfie with her, frame it and put it on your desk at home.

...so Jiyoon is not a very good rapper.

I thought this was common knowledge. Out of all the "Best Idol Rappers" lists, I've never seen her mentioned.

Dahyun from Twice is a cutie
tumblr_ntr8paUnFn1u0c780o1_1280.jpg

Kabuto

I think you'll really like 4Minute at the very least. They have a pretty US-ish sound (Volume Up and Crazy in particular). They'd fit in any club, if it wasn't for the Korean.

I went on a 4minute and HyunA spree on Apple Music yesterday cuz I never really listened to their stuff before 2013; holy.

Change, Mirror Mirror, Volume Up, Huh, and Heart to Heart are fire. I also did not give Whatcha Doin' Today enough listens last year because the MV was so bad; song is catchy.

What's Your Name? is probably in my Top 5 K-Pop songs of all time. So good.

Thanks <3 I'm not sure of a favourite, probably Shanghai Romance, but I always get the feeling most people look over that one? I love it though because it's so uptempo and the video/choreo is so goofy.

I got your back. It's my 2nd/3rd favorite OC song, depending on the technicalities.

I went on a 4minute and HyunA spree on Apple Music yesterday cuz I never really listened to their stuff before 2013; holy.

Change, Mirror Mirror, Volume Up, Huh, and Heart to Heart are fire. I also did not give Whatcha Doin' Today enough listens last year because the MV was so bad; song is catchy.

What's Your Name? is probably in my Top 5 K-Pop songs of all time. So good.

You started of so good. Watcha Doin' Today and What's Your Name? are 4minutes two worst songs. Check out Dream Racer. It's on the Volume Up mini. Probably their best song.

mariah-carey-i-dont-know-her.gif

Pendulum

Change, Mirror Mirror, Volume Up, Huh, and Heart to Heart are fire.

This era (with Muzik, I My Me Mine, and their Japanese stuff like Why, the aforementioned H2H and First) is the best part of one of the strongest discographies from a single group. And I'm happy to overlook What's Your Name? and Is It Poppin? because of this year's return to form with Crazy.

Oh, and Jiyoon's a decent rapper (better than Hyuna for sure) regardless of whatever is shown on or edited for tv.

No No Eul

&#48288;&#47532;&#44415; berrygood - &#45236; &#52395;&#49324;&#46993; My first love (&#44608;&#48372;&#46972; ver.) Official M/V
lol, nugus releasing a filler ballad. Who is managing this group, they had such a strong debut song (even if it was a cover), but they are just set to fail right now. Maybe it's just prerelease or something, but still.

Your description didn't sound very promising so I skipped past this first time around, but it's actually rather a nice little tune. I also just discovered that they released a proper / slightly less cheap version of the MV.

All in all, a pleasant surprise.

popu lady is back (teaser)

can't tell if a member is getting kicked out or graduating to going solo or what, but it seems one is going to be leaving the group through this show? anyone here know mandarin?

So this is super wierd. The first episode is out. From the handful of English comments, it seems the members really are competing with each other to stay in the group. Poor Yu Shan looked destroyed when they were given the news.

I really don't know what to make of it. Maybe it's just a hidden camera thing? Maybe it's actually happening for real. Either way, it all seems horribly misjudged.

Pendulum

Woollim's filed defamation suits against 3 people regarding the Jisoo rumors
The agency’s legal representative said, “The accused ‘A,’ who was charged a fine for spreading the rumors prior to the girl group’s debut, came to Woollim to ask for a settlement. However, in the process of the settlement, ‘A’ plotted with other defendants ‘B’ and ‘C’ to reclaim the rumors that were proven false in court. [Woollim] has decided to file a charge against them for defamation, as they continue to play victim in the case.”

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
&#48288;&#47532;&#44415; berrygood - &#45236; &#52395;&#49324;&#46993; My first love (&#44608;&#48372;&#46972; ver.) Official M/V
lol, nugus releasing a filler ballad. Who is managing this group, they had such a strong debut song (even if it was a cover), but they are just set to fail right now. Maybe it's just prerelease or something, but still.
Sounds like something from hillsong

Anyone know how to make Android chrome NOT expand every YouTube link into embedded video? Makes this thread a pain in the ass.

vanty

Sounds like something from hillsong

Anyone know how to make Android chrome NOT expand every YouTube link into embedded video? Makes this thread a pain in the ass.
Hit the icon top right, Preferences, and embed YouTube is there.

Top Bottom