• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

PInk Tape

Banned
Hyejeong

6Cu7OHk.gif

Fly's snippets sound pretty interesting so far. Anticipating.

Out of the two versions of the song, I'm glad they went with this one as the single. Really love the dreamy house-edm sound and the vocals are on point.

The comic idea was interesting but it was just sort of... there.

Seventeen 1st win

I was ugly crying while watching this. You can see Woozi's soul leaving his body for a while, lol

Omg ;____;

Congrats Seventeen!

Peru

Yoo In Na's last day as a DJ today and of course IU made a visit and sang a song to Inna's glory she wrote in the car on the way

ChyL1YRUkAAplmc.jpg

No No Eul

Immediate, no. But apparently after the debut promotions any agency with a member in I.O.I can debut them in their own group. Those that haven't debuted with an agency group can return for the next I.O.I promotion round (whenever that is). That's the current understanding, but I've not seen 100% proof and I've also seen people say that YMC will be promoting I.O.I twice as a full group and twice with a sub-unit (but we know YMC is kinda cheap/shady so who knows). In any case Jellyfish has now denied the report.

Well thank goodness for that. Since I.O.I is only going to be around for ten months anyway, it would be a really shitty move if the agencies started pulling their trainees out so soon.

roaSone

It really is a shame to disband I.O.I though, what's the point in creating a promising group if it's to disband it after such a short period, uh ?
Whoever decided this is absolute trash.

llehuty

It really is a shame to disband I.O.I though, what's the point in creating a promising group if it's to disband it after such a short period, uh ?
Whoever decided this is absolute trash.
The only way they could make a permanent group is if the show had only independent idols. The comapnies putting idols there are just after some promo and hype to debut later their idols in their own terms.

Other option would be a company signing all the idols after the show ends, which sounds expensive and probably not all the companies would be up to letting go their idols.

Peru

They should\ve made it a pure talent show with unsigned girls. Then they should've hired 48 of them but only top 16 got to feature on the debut single.

roaSone

The only way they could make a permanent group is if the show had only independent idols. The comapnies putting idols there are just after some promo and hype to debut later their idols in their own terms.

Other option would be a company signing all the idols after the show ends, which sounds expensive and probably not all the companies would be up to letting go their idols.
That sounds difficult indeed, reality is tough. The thing is, I'm kinda scared that some of the members will completely disappear from the scene for quite a long time, and that itself is a shame.

isuzu

Doyeon, Yoojung and Chungha need to find better agencies tbh. Chungha tried YG but didn't pass and she trained under JYP for a while so idk what would be a good option. Perhaps BigHit? Wishful thinking but Chungha under BH would be awesome.

llehuty

Doyeon, Yoojung and Chungha need to find better agencies tbh. Chungha tried YG but didn't pass and she trained under JYP for a while so idk what would be a good option. Perhaps BigHit? Wishful thinking but Chungha under BH would be awesome.
What a weird choice, we have no idea if Big Hit would even know what to do with a girl group, right now.

No No Eul

That sounds difficult indeed, reality is tough. The thing is, I'm kinda scared that some of the members will completely disappear from the scene for quite a long time, and that itself is a shame.

Yeah, I honestly find it quite hard to be optimistic about the near-to-mid-term future of a lot of I.O.I's members. God knows what'll happen to Sohye. Starship has just debuted WJSN so I guess we'll see Yeunjung in another five years. Somi's in a similar situation and I don't see JYP debuting a new girl group anytime soon (sorry isuzu!). Presumably M&H, whoever that is, will build a group around Chungha.

I'll be interested to see if Hello Venus' upcoming release can inspire any faith in Fantagio. Pledis has the makings of a pretty great group with Pinky, Nayoung and the others who didn't make the cut, but then Pledis' recent girl group track record is kinda non-existent. Hopefully Seventeen's success can turn the company's fortunes around.

Chaeyeon ought to be just fine? MBK though... And while I've never paid much attention to VIXX, I get the impression that Jellyfish has served them well so Sejeong, Mina and other Nayoung should be OK right?

:/

They should\ve made it a pure talent show with unsigned girls. Then they should've hired 48 of them but only top 16 got to feature on the debut single.

A ridiculous idea. It'll never catch on.

Ready for an A.Kor comeback. Always was such a jam.

9rajc4q.gif

BH needs stick to boy groups and stay the fuck away from girl groups.

RIP Glam.

Disappointed in these songs...

Interesting...

9 to 5 came up while I was driving home earlier and it's a fantastic head banger. Shame about the autotune though, like I feel that it fits the song but at the same time it's overdone and it doesn't sound as good.

That said, Castaway is my favorite song off the mini though. I love it's chillwave sound.

Interesting...

9 to 5 came up while I was driving home earlier and it's a fantastic head banger. Shame about the autotune though, like I feel that it fits the song but at the same time it's overdone and it doesn't sound as good.

That said, Castaway is my favorite song off the mini though. I love it's chillwave sound.

The autotune made me dislike it at first but it is growing on me now.

isuzu

9rajc4q.gif

BH needs stick to boy groups and stay the fuck away from girl groups.

RIP Glam.

who fucked glam up was source music, thoooooo. their contract with BH had already expired before the scandals

also the BH GG is inevitable since they have a bunch of girl trainees already.

Like Trump, she wanted the exposure for an alternative career and then it showballed. She'll go back to acting.

Politics in the K-Pop thread?!

9rajc4q.gif

Lol jk.

I wonder if Trump would also eat a bowl of bulgogi on a Korean-American holiday from Trump Tower lol.

The autotune made me dislike it at first but it is growing on me now.

Same actually. I dislike anything autotune but the backing track is killer so it's kinda easy to forget lol.

Cuddler

Seventeen did a special performance on Mcountdown:
Seventeen - U (Super Junior) Special Stage M COUNTDOWN 160505 EP.472
Really good performance, Vernon feeling the rookie Shindong life for a cover.
as in not having any lines or camera focus.
I never noticed before but they had their first win with Pretty U and their debut song was Adore U, can't be a coincidence, lol. For people that doesn't know, U is the song that got the first win to Super Junior on Inkigayo:
First Super Junior win on SBS Inkigayo
Random U performance on Music Core:
Super Junior - U, 슈퍼주니어 - 유, Music Core 20060902

who fucked glam up was source music, thoooooo.

Gonna need a source other than a delusional BTS fangirl. And their contracts ending before the scandal doesn't do much for BHs case, since if they had done right by GLAM in the first place, then poor, innocent, pure Dahee wouldn't have been forced to resort to slight mischief to earn enough money to stay alive!

She'll have her own group with Eunsuh, Mashiro, the twins and Natty. Anticipate Somi's 2017 debut under JYP

By twins I assume you mean the Chae**** sisters. Rumors claim that they have jumped ship to Fantagio and will be debuting with Yoojung and Doyeon.

http://kpopkfans.blogspot.com/2016/05/possible-jyp-trainees-for-sixteen.html

This would have been a good time to use your angry Seunghee gif.

isuzu

Gonna need a source other than a delusional BTS fangirl. And their contracts ending before the scandal doesn't do much for BHs case, since if they had done right by GLAM in the first place, then poor, innocent, pure Dahee wouldn't have been forced to resort to slight mischief to earn enough money to stay alive!

tbh I agree that BH did GLAM wrong. Bang PD is shady af, even with BTS.

ramyeon

Aseul (Formerly known as Yukari) is coming out with her new album tomorrow (Finally!).

TFPt59U.jpg

8Lp9VfX.jpg

1. Intro
2. Gong
3. Dazed
4. Nothings
5. Give Me Five
6. Weird World
7. Blind Waltz
8. Elephants Mobile
9. Fisher
10. Loveless
11. I Am
12. The Bedroom Demos (Bonus Track)
producer : Aseul
all songs written, performed, recorded and engineered by Aseul.
mixed by Changhee Kim, supported by moeumjeongmil
mastered by Noel Summerville at 3345 mastering, London

PInk Tape

Banned
160505 스텔라(Stellar) - 마리오네트(Marionette) @2016 SGC SUPER LIVE(SETEC-서울걸즈컬렉션) #직캠(Fancam) By 쵸리

The audio for the song cut out near the end so the girls just sang the song acapella style. I hope this gives them more promo... #SaveStellar

----------
LQ fancam of Fire - Can't really see much but wow @ the lighting, stage effects, and the sea of bombs in the crowd :eek:

30 second preview of Save Me (LQ)

------

Waiting for the HQ fancams like

tbh I agree that BH did GLAM wrong. Bang PD is shady af, even with BTS.

tbh

I hate that he's having them doing promo for Fire on music shows while they're on tour in SK even if it's only for a little while. I don't want anybody ending up in the hospital and/or injured again thanks to exhaustion and being overworked.

edit: Top of the page? Have some Mimi ^^

Top Bottom