• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Loci

<3

17NaVwX.jpg

llehuty

Laawd that megapost. Bravo eldren.

2014 MBC Gayo Daejaejun / 2014 MBC &#44032;&#50836;&#45824;&#51228;&#51204;
h1_title.png

Date: Wednesday, December 31, 2014 8:55 KST (MBC )
Local time in your city
t1420026900z0.png

MC: SISTAR's Soyu, Girl's Day's Hyeri, MC Jun Hyun Moo, actress Lee Yoo Ri and MC Kim Sung Joo

Artists:
SNSD
Jung Hyung Don
Defconn
Big Byung (VIXX N & Hyuk, BTOB's Sungjae & GOT7's Jackson)
GOT7
BTS
VIXX
SHINee Taemin and Minho
2PM
TVXQ
B2ST
INFINITE
EXO
Red Velvet
A Pink
B1A4
Sistar
AOA
Secret
Hyosung
CNBLUE
Teen Top
Lim Chang Jung
Soyou x Junggigo
Fly To The Sky
Ailee
Lovelyz
Boyfriend
Mamamoo
Sunmi
Tae Jinah
Planet Shiver
Huh Gak x Eunji
Hong Jin Young
Hyorin x Jooyoung
4Minute
BTOB
Crush
Dynamic Duo
Girl's Day
KARA
Zion T
Lucky J’s Jessi (Jessica H.O) x Hyorin x Ailee
cr. reddit

And TS has confirmed that there is going to be a Hyosung solo stage at MBC. Aw yisss. All our prayers were heard. Looks like MBC's is effortlessly being the best gayo once again.

they had to remove impurities

Heh, I think it's the opposite. Yookyung was too pure for A-Pinkeu and she wasn't a badass bitch like everyone else was.

Meh, decent song and okay MV.

Blonde rapper is hot fire though... I need her name and number if possible.

Great picture of Wendy. Any more from this set? RV is seriously stacked with Irene, Seulgi and Wendy. Joy is the obvious weak link at the moment, but she's cute and young, she can still grow into a beautiful flower.

Sorry but nah. I found that on based fiddle's site, sadly that was the only thing from this set, if there is a set for this.

One Goddess to slay you all.

Meeeeeeehhhhhh. I'd rather stare at that blonde rapper from Sonamoo or this Yuna chick from Eldren's megapost.

Eldren

<3

Laawd that megapost. Bravo eldren.

MBC Gayo

Cheers! And damn the MBC show has an amazing line-up. If they can get some special stages/collaborations in there it'll be incredible. (Hyosung solo is a great start)

geez, she looks fuckin great in every airport picture

Underrated airport fashionista. Their concepts tend to have outfits that aren't all that great but she's a snappy dresser in real life.

Meeeeeeehhhhhh. I'd rather stare at that blonde rapper from Sonamoo or this Yuna chick from Eldren's megapost.

I think the blonde rapper is called D.ana (she caught my eye too lol) and yes you should hop on board the Yuna train. It's never too late! (Oops I see Pendulum beat me)

Her name is D.ana
A number is 169cm.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar as always.

That number is hilarious as I'm 172cm on a good day and 168 at the worst hahaha.

Also, found this at fiddle:

Lawd jaysus...

I'm definitely gonna stan her now.

I think the blonde rapper is called D.ana (she caught my eye too lol) and yes you should hop on board the Yuna train. It's never too late! (Oops I see Pendulum beat me)

You know I just realized I've never really paid any attention to AOA... can anyone possibly create a primer for them? Sorta like that A-Pinkeu one a couple of pages back.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Best megapost.

rongiegivemepresent.gif

Lawd jaysus...

I'm definitely gonna stan her now.
She is very attractive. She seems to be the most talented in rap, dance & charisma as well. However, you may also like Nahyun, who I think looks like Taeyeon & Jessica, though giri denies.

Heh, I think it's the opposite. Yookyung was too pure for A-Pinkeu and she wasn't a badass bitch like everyone else was.
More like her dad didn't want her to be.

Pendulum

llehuty

She is very attractive. She seems to be the most talented in rap, dance & charisma as well. However, you may also like Nahyun, who I think looks like Taeyeon & Jessica, though giri denies.
She is more Nana that anyone else (although I do see Sica features in that particular pic).

Dice

Huh? D.ana is the one who looks like Nana. Like 7 people in chat thought so.

ramyeon

I can get behind Sonamoo's title track. Pretty good.

Their debut's gonna be mired by the Shinee and B.A.P fangirls' complaints though.

Dice

Maybe we should add a "Common words/phrases that even the most casual fan of Korean media should know" section to the OP.

J2d

thanks, it's a pretty incredible story and it's nice to see her appreciate it like that.

Maybe we should add a "Common words/phrases that even the most casual fan of Korean media should know" section to the OP.
Heh I tried to google it but I got nothing since it was broken up like that.

Dice

thanks, it's a pretty incredible story and it's nice to see her appreciate it like that.
It has been a rough grind. They basically promoted the same song for two years. Members got bored and tried to scrape out their own projects in songs/variety/drama to have some semblance of career advancement. They finally made their big comeback and there was some pop but it looked to be fizzling out quick, likely headed for another grind and who knows if they'd make it out. But because this guy followed them out of appreciation even when they were unpopular, by chance one of his (many) cams took off and now they are hitting #1 (with "hard worker" cred, a boon in public perception there) and she is by far the primary benefactor of the attention. Of course she is going to be thankful. (see new topic header)

More like her dad didn't want her to be.

Lol as you can see from my avatar I've already crossed the stream. Also yeah, Nahyun does look like Taeng a lot more, which automatically is disqualified in my book lol.

Speaking of Yookyung and her dad, whatever happened to that lawsuit or whatever? It seems to have been brushed under the carpet.

Hold up, did they just beat the other rapidly advancing couples?

No No Eul

You know I just realized I've never really paid any attention to AOA... can anyone possibly create a primer for them?

That deafening silence. It's almost as if nobody likes the music they put out... ;)

To be honest though, Short Hair is the only AOA single that I've really liked. Joa Yo! from that same EP is quite nice too.

I can get behind Sonamoo's title track. Pretty good.

Their debut's gonna be mired by the Shinee and B.A.P fangirls' complaints though.

I wasn't sure what you meant about the Shinee fans so I Googled it and... I wish I hadn't. That's pretty lame.

what's the story behind this? "life changing"?

See Dice's explanation a few posts above yours. Here's the career-saving fancam in question, nearing 5 million views (edit: as is the original MV).

Speaking of Yookyung and her dad, whatever happened to that lawsuit or whatever? It seems to have been brushed under the carpet.

Pretty much, yeah. Her dad threatened to spill the beans but evidently some backroom deals were made and nothing more was said on the matter.

Eldren

That deafening silence. It's almost as if nobody likes the music they put out... ;)

I do! I didn't really pay attention to that original Apink primer so I didn't get what jongkookie was talking about at first but I can throw something together.

For the uninitiated: There are 8 members of AOA, 7 of them are in the idol group while 5 of them (4 from the idol group plus the rarely-seen drummer) are in the band, AOA Black. The band has done some songs of their own plus a few arrangements of the idol group's singles. I'll stick a few album tracks in this list too because they have some great non-singles. Ok so:

Elvis
Elvis (AOA Black)
Temptation
Get Out
My Song (I actually forgot about this but it's pretty good)
Moya (AOA Black)
Without You (AOA Black) (love this)
Confused
Miniskirt (my most-played song this year)
Under The Street Lights (underrated sultry jam)
Short Hair
Joa Yo!
You Know That
Like A Cat (probably my least favourite title track overall and the weakest on the mini, but the rest is really good)
Girl's Heart
Just The Two Of Us
Time (my favourite from Like A Cat)
Tears Falling

I hope FNC drops Brave Bros for the next comeback, his sound is so tired. They should get Sweetune or Shinsadong Tiger or someone else instead. FNC PLEASE

Also now that I've converted everyone into die-hard lifelong AOA fans, be sure to check out AOA Black's performance at the MBC Gayo tomorrow where they pre-recorded a performance of Song Gol Mae's 1981 funk-disco classic &#50612;&#45796; &#47560;&#52828; &#44536; (A Chance Encounter)

Pendulum

Jackson won the Male Rookie Award (Variety Show) for Roommate (and BGM played to get him off stage). Bae Jong Ok won the Female Rookie Award (Variety Show) for Roommate. Youngji wasn't even nominated. WTF.

Top Bottom