• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Ryan_MSF

It just hit me that I will see queen Somin in just a few hours and I'm like TT.

Really hope you enjoy the show, I saw them in London on Friday and they were so so good! Also you are not remotely prepared for the beauty of Somin & Jiwoo in person, heart eye emojis do not do them enough justice.

It just hit me that I will see queen Somin in just a few hours and I'm like TT.

Enjoy it man. Easily my favorite group from KCON this year
some tears were shed from yours truly :p

Really hope you enjoy the show, I saw them in London on Friday and they were so so good! Also you are not remotely prepared for the beauty of Somin & Jiwoo in person, heart eye emojis do not do them enough justice.

Yep. The duo is stunning in person. Also, it was Somins birthday during KCON so BM told the crowd to sing for her and she teared up a little bit :')

Bowlie

Banned

Yup, can confirm as well. Have fun, llehuty!

llehuty

Holy shit, that was a rollercoaster. I will collect my thoughts while I have some pizza and write a summary.

Edit: So, the concert was really good. The group is fantastic they have great dynamic between them. I was a bit eh on BM before, but it just clicked watching them live, he gives a lot of energy to the group. Jiwoo is a badass, really playful the whole time. J.Seph jumps from awkward to hyperactive kid when you less expect it.

And QUEEN SOMIN. Oh my god this girl. Aside from being a vocal powerhouse I was legit surprised of how relaxed and funny she was. I got always the impression from videos and variety that she was super shy and reserved, but she just owned that stage. Super expressive, knowing when to look fierce and when to crack a smile. By the end of the concert she was swearing lile crazy and all her hair was sticking to her face. LOVE HER.

Now a bit of bad news. I don't know if it's just the particular set of people that was there today or can be applied to portugues KARD/kpop fans (sorry luso), but they were super immature?

I already seen the skipping queues, leaving rubbish everywhere, pushing during the concert, screaming machines... but my god they were insufferable and rude during the concert. I can understand people being excited and screaming your lungs out when one member you like has some highlight or does something adorable/cool whatever.... but holy shit, they couldn't even speak during the talking segments. The MC adressed it several times, but they didn't care, you could barely hear their commentaries or answers, and you coul definitely not hear the translations. I thought it was super rude (it was specially loud for J.Seph and BM).

Other problem was the fucking people recording with their phones. They said it at the beginning of the concert, the producer/manager/whatever stepped several times on the stage...it didn't matter, everyone with their phones up. I had to tell to 3 or 4 people I had in front of me to stop; they were straight up recording full performances (and blocking the view at the same time). And all to have a blurry, shaky, ot of focused,digitally zoomed mess). Like, what's the point?

Anyway, so I got the ultimate ticket blah blah blah whatever, that granted me the chance of taking a picture with them AND the high 5. After some really misscomunication (it did seem like they were improvising it). We ended up taking the group picture (Somin made eye contact with me *.*). We then got told that's all. After some broken conversation with the staff, me and a group of three that were next to me had missed the high 5 thing. I was super pissed, the staff thought we were lying at first, then that we were lucky we got the picture, but after some back and forth they decided to let the 4 of us close the session an do the high 5 thing with them. It ended up being a blessing in disguise, the 4 of them were super pumped (I think they were told we were really sad) and cheering for us and being all over the place (J.Seph screaming and BM with an overexaggerated high 5).

Mess, all my post concert rants end up being super long.

tl;dr: On paper it was a bit iffy experience, but it was definitely saved by how awesome the group and OMG Somin is so damn pretty and flawless (agreed with the comment that I wasn't prepared for either Somin and Jiwoo visuals, daaaaamn they are pretty).

YoonA's SM Station solo 'You Are My Star' will be released on Chinese and Korean on 8 Sep, 6pm KST

original.jpg

roaSone

Seems like you had a good experience llehuty!
You pointed out the fact to why I'm yet to attend any concerts though. I'm afraid that these kind of 'fans' you were describing will ruin my concert and not allow me to fully enjoy my time there.

llehuty

Edit:
This EXO cover is great.

Sera/Eunji/Lee Sem weren't there? Or is there a different photo of best era 9 Muses somewhere?
I haven't seen more pictures, but I would be surprised if Sera was there, since she doesn't seem to have been in touch with the rest of the girls since she left the group. I believed she even unfollowed Hyuna in social media back then.

Seems like you had a good experience llehuty!
You pointed out the fact to why I'm yet to attend any concerts though. I'm afraid that these kind of 'fans' you were describing will ruin my concert and not allow me to fully enjoy my time there.

I have yet to see a concert where is only for a girl group/girl groups (that will change if Dreamcatcher come to Europe at the end of the year), but I think I'm taking seated whenever I can if there is any male idols involved. I think is mainly a fangirl problem.

I've been think about this, I wonder if kpop fans will ever mature? By that I mean by that is, if some of this new fans will stick to kpop into their twenties so people start being, on average, more reasonable.

I know it's targeted mainly to teenagers, and the short active periods of these groups doesn't help either, but I still hope that I don't have to feel second hand embarrasment and sorry for the groups.

Pendulum

Peejay's "Walkin' Vol. 2" is out. I've given the tracks only a 15 sec cursory listen because I'm off for a surf and figure this will be a nice chill listen for when I'm back, but I'm liking the vibe so far. Title track - "NA B YA" (ft Zion. T)

llehuty

Not sure if I should bother getting there too early.
How tall are Dutch 15 y/os? It should be fine if you can tower them, but they will still block you with their smartphones, though. For normal tickets shouldn't be much difference if you arrive not too late; in the case of lisbon, I believe there were more VIP tickets than normal ones, it will only make the difference of several levels of "a bit far" for you.

Impending 3rd world war:

BTS (방탄소년단) LOVE YOURSELF 承 Her 'Serendipity' Comeback Trailer
The arty fartsy pretentious shit they have been doing for quite a while is getting a big tiring. Not that their fandom will really care, though.

I'm happy that Jimin got to do the intro (I think that's what this is). Seems like since rap line has all done intros they're moving onto the vocal line now. The song really fits his voice too.

EXO_Power_Music Video Teaser
Yesss, love the comedy angle,and the song sounds like 100% pop goodness. Much better than kokobop or whatever that thing was called.

This sounds way better than Kokobop, which I did not like at all, haha. Hopefully the full song is good as well.

BTS also confirmed to be guesting on Knowing Bros, finally!

How tall are Dutch 15 y/os? It should be fine if you can tower them, but they will still block you with their smartphones, though. For normal tickets shouldn't be much difference if you arrive not too late; in the case of lisbon, I believe there were more VIP tickets than normal ones, it will only make the difference of several levels of "a bit far" for you.

I'm guessing it'll be mostly girls so on that front I should be fine with my height. I don't care too much about getting super close to the stage, hence the cheaper tickets so I'm just gonna take things easy and visit the city a bit too. :p
Also i'm seeing them sunday, not saturday.

luso

Younger audience aka teenagers can be too obnoxious during concerts, specially in standing places, so get used if you go to future concerts. And yes, smartphones in concerts are terrible, I mean it's barely ok to get 1 minute of footage to have some record (I did this too) but to use during most of the concert instead of living and experience it with your own eyes baffles me. Still good to know it was still a positive experience.

Pendulum

1 Entertainment official says Bestie will continue with Hyeyeon and Haeryung and the company will re-organize the group in a variety of ways such as recruiting new members, but for now, they will focus on solo activities.
Why do I get the feeling something is up with Hyeyeon's contract? She can't surely be happy enough with the situation to stay (tbh, I thought Haeryung already left the group since she was SNS shunned by the other 3 and/or vice versa and would pivot to acting)

---

Gave Peejay's "Walkin' Vol. 2" a full listen. Very, very enjoyable - I see it being a repeat listen from start to end over the coming weeks and won't be surprised if it makes my end of year list in some form. (Bonus: the album is Sunmi approved)

PInk Tape

Banned
I'm glad that overall you had a great time at the Kard concert, llehuty. I'm sorry you had to deal with crappy fans tho :(

w h a t. not again :(

I can't deal with all of these girl groups falling apart ;___; I'm not mad at the girls for leaving tho, I'd probably do the same since the company isn't putting the effort in to promote them or give them new music.

broz0rs

Bestie was like the biggest waste of time ever. You gotta feel horrible for those girls especially after so much potential.

Looking forward to the upcoming Tablo project.

·feist·;241292433 said:
- Listen to Gugudan

- Campaign for Sejeong - Mimi - Hana subunit to become a thing
Maknae can join too, if they need more dance talent

- Take bets on whether Loona debut before Bestie "comeback," or Exo cba to release another good album

R1920x0
Loona's debut is still months away. I've yet to listen to the most recent Exo album or the repackaged version so the verdict is still out on that...

At this point I'm more relieved to have Bestie's agency make the "comeback" announcement official since fans have been in limbo for years with the group having been unofficially dead for a very long time now.

I don't care for anything Haeryung does, but hoping Hyeyeon's situation works out well for her after yet another group she's a part of implodes. Let's remember pre-success EXID.

Happy Uji and Dahye are free to pursue singing, variety, fitness branding and other activities. The group should have simply promoted as Besti3, since that's where the music and dancing talent was, but that's no longer an option.

llehuty

This fucking year, like seriously, what the fuck? Like, they couldn't have even throw them a low budget comeback after the OSTs Uji has released? Is KNK that profitable?

Love Options remains one of the BEST kpop songs ever and Brave Bros career highlight.

The worst thing is that there are more rough news to come:

The SNSD contract situation
f(x) in the limbo
The aftermath of the groups that try it in The Unit bud don't succeed. (Personally worried about the future of Dal Shabet).

:(

This fucking year, like seriously, what the fuck? Like, they couldn't have even throw them a low budget comeback after the OSTs Uji has released? Is KNK that profitable?

Love Options remains one of the BEST kpop songs ever and Brave Bros career highlight.

The worst thing is that there are more rough news to come:

The SNSD contract situation
f(x) in the limbo
The aftermath of the groups that try it in The Unit bud don't succeed. (Personally worried about the future of Dal Shabet).

:(

f(x) is dead man. Just accept it already. :(

Are there any updates on Soshi's contract BS? Judging from some of the IG posts, it looks like it's in better terms? Coz back when this scandal hit, Yuri, Sunny and others went quiet, but now they're back to posting.

As for Dal Shabet, I think Dreamcatcher has gone ahead and took the mantle as Happyface's official GG and moneymaker.

I never really got into DS but I do hope that Subin makes it big if not better. Circle's Dream was such a breath of fresh air we need more gals doing weird shit like her lol.

luso

Basically 2nd generation groups and their direct spawns are busting, girl groups more affected of course.
And while some groups are still ongoing, and still relevant in different degrees, they all lost popularity, from SNSD to AOA, in between f(x), T-ara, Secret, Apink, Girls Day.
Any group pre-2014 is on this category, not so much for boys groups (Big Bang, Exo, BTS, 2PM)

Basically 2nd generation groups and their direct spawns are busting, girl groups more affected of course.
And while some groups are still ongoing, and still relevant in different degrees, they all lost popularity, from SNSD to AOA, in between f(x), T-ara, Secret, Apink, Girls Day.
Any group pre-2014 is on this category, not so much for boys groups (Big Bang, Exo, BTS, 2PM)
Yeah I would say when it comes to girl groups the masses have fully moved on to the next generation.

PInk Tape

Banned
Girl groups taking 1+ year long breaks while the new groups are at 3+ comeback per year doesn't help either.

Yup. For sure.

I hate that the long hiatus is a trend for these older girl groups. At the very least these companies should give them one comeback a year.

EXO_Power_Music Video

Loving this concept, wonder if itll have continuity like it looks like at the end of the MV.

This is lightyears better than Ko Ko Bop and Lotto tbqh.

The MV itself is fun and quirky which is really refreshing to see.

I love her with red hair.

Hokuten

Neo Member

Of course. It's their best bop as well imo. Dalshabet could have been so much more, but they always seemed to go a step back after releasing a good song. Can't build hype that way, sadly.

f(x) is dead man. Just accept it already. :(

Amber and Luna posted about their 8th year anniversary. Hopefully SM will throw them a line. I don't want to accept an RIP status.

When you walk down the streets of Seoul and get struck by Jennie out of nowhere

Vwl4dVr.jpg

What a waste of a "Blackpink in your area" post smh man.

Lol jk.

Out of all those you mentioned, only SNSD, A-Pinkeu and Girls' Day are the only ones to have long lasting power simply because they diversified themselves. From acting, to fashion, CF's, variety, and whatever else... that's really the one of the biggest reasons why they still have a modicum of popularity.

T-ara got murdered by a scandal so there's really no chance for them in coming back. Whereas f(x) and Secret... what have they really done outside of music?

Victoria's gone off to China and have a ton of success... Sulli choked on Choiza and got murdered when she got thrown in that lolita scandal with Rotta, Amber's off moping around with Henry complaining on social media everyday, Luna... I have no clue what the hell happened to her. And Best Jung is only now realizing that f(x) is dead and she needs to do other things otherwise she'll end up like her sister who's practically a nobody these days.

With Secret, I honestly don't know what the hell happened to everyone. I know Hyosung was trying to score some sexy times when she went on Knowing Brothers with Kyungri. The rest of the members? Where are they?

Girl groups taking 1+ year long breaks while the new groups are at 3+ comeback per year doesn't help either.

That's the biggest problem imo.

The top groups think that since they're already successful, they don't need to succumb themselves to endless promotions, and while that's true in a way... as mentioned, they need to still appear to the public in one way or the other. If you can't do that, then kiss your popularity goodbye.

Amber and Luna posted about their 8th year anniversary. Hopefully SM will throw them a line. I don't want to accept an RIP status.

Same, but I've already accepted that it's over. Even if Sulli is out of the equation(get it? haha), the way SM is doing things right now? You'd sooner find Sulli naked in another movie than an f(x) comeback.

llehuty

[STATION] YOONA 윤아_바람이 불면 如果妳也想起我 (When The Wind Blows)_Music Video Teaser
I guess she has renewed with SM?

MXM (BRANDNEW BOYS) – ‘I'M THE ONE' Official M/V
This has some really interesting twists and turns, the group that will inevitably be formed once Daehwi and Woojin are out of Wanna One has potential if they get cool productions like this one.

[MV] PENTAGON(펜타곤) _ Like This
There are some good sections, but that type chorus it has been done to death lately. It's still one of theirm strongest releases.

블랙식스(BLACK6IX) - "Like a Flower" MV
I like how the drop feels like a bomb defusing or something.

KARD is doing an OST track! (And also, their signed albums are shipping now) Edit: Beaten.

Snuper will participate on KBS Idol Rebooting Project 'The Unit'
Are they going to put all my faves in this show or what? What's next? Sungah?

and Sica's boyfriend is hinting at a Playback comeback.

Edit: New page JooE hype
gwcWvA9.gif

Top Bottom