• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

llehuty

[MV] 아이렌(I-REN) - 엉덩이(butt) 뮤비 Edit: NSFW
The desperation is real.

Their voices blew me away as usual, but that guy on the guitar was incredible too.
Well fuck! That transition to roly poly!

zFIJiq1.gif

Doul

Neo Member

That could've gone way worse. I think she's lucky to still have that piece of hair on her head.

Yeah, I love Girl's Day on variety programs. I've missed them as they promoted around Japan. GFriend has been pretty great in the meantime tho.

I mean GFriend is fine, but I don't see them as a replacement. Or any similar girl band really, even though most of them have way better music.

llehuty

I mean GFriend is fine, but I don't see them as a replacement. Or any similar girl band really, even though most of them have way better music.

But Girl's Day releases that go from "Nothing lasts for ever" to "Something" are really good!

I mean, they are not f(x) or Kara, but they are solid at making fun, uncomplicated music.

SPICA performs a flawless acoustic medley of hits from 2011:

[BEST5] SPICA 2011년 08월 명곡

2NE1 - Ugly
f(x) - Hot Summer
T-ara - Roly-Poly
Sagging Snail (Yoo Jaesuk & Lee Juck) - Apgujeong Delinquent
Miss A - Good-bye Baby

Their voices blew me away as usual, but that guy on the guitar was incredible too.
Amazing :)

This song feels like it was originally for a guy group.

mr_chun

What's everyone think of FIESTAR? I love Apple Pie and One More, but everything else I hear from them seems meh. Same goes for SISTAR and I Like That.

Weird. I've liked each of their releases less than the one that came before it. The Fiestar that did Vista/Whoo! was really great. Apple Pie killed them for me, not the kind of K-Pop I like.

Boss★Moogle;216232950 said:
I saw that and I noticed something. They showed a ton of clips from the Gee music video and Jessica is never even slightly visible on any of them, even the group shots. I can't believe how anal they are about that shit. I swear if SM could go erase her out of all MVs without it looking weird in the video or lose view count they would.

I didn't notice that, no. That's pretty nuts.

THIS IS GOOD

Hellix

Unless my ears deceived me, I thought I heard BTS Fire's instrumental leading into a commercial break during the Eagles vs Browns game today.

Edit: Nevermind, I was way off, but I can't remember what the fuck song it is. Clip here.

Peru

They're too obsessed with doing the Madison Square Garden now.

But hopefully. Even if they never come to my place anyway.

Leah Kim Thompson, who was conducting interviews on the red carpet at the Seoul Drama Awards. Turns out it's the same Leah who featured in this collaboration from late last year: 리아 & 제라지다 (GERAGIDA) - 언컨디셔널 Unconditional [Music Video]

Damn this is actually a really good song. Atypical of the EDM shit we've been getting everywhere but I like it.

Also, haafus are life. I was in Vegas when I was out of town 2 weeks ago and the only thing I really miss were the haafus in every corner. I just sat at the pool one morning and lawd jesus... it's the only reason why I really want to move to the west coast.

Sidenote: Yes, I know haafu is a Japanese term so if anyone can provide a Korean term that'd be great. Thx.

llehuty

2PM(투피엠) “Promise (I'll be)” M/V
Cool song.

Yoonmirae(윤미래) _ JamCome On Baby(잠깐만 Baby)
Cool song.

160912 다이아 (DIA) Spell 쇼케이스 직캠 미스터 포터 Mr. Potter
Easily their best release yet (I know is not saying much). choreo is fun.
Rock version
lol, at them being 7 playing instrument, but still ahving a dude playing the battery and one guy with the guitar. It's a bit sad, because there are probably some of them that hey are actually playing their instruments.

Rock version
lol, at them being 7 playing instrument, but still ahving a dude playing the battery and one guy with the guitar. It's a bit sad, because there are probably some of them that hey are actually playing their instruments.

Pretty solid song. I like it! It's kinda weird, but their other fave song of mine 'My friend's boyfriend' also has a weird vibe which suits them I think.

They're also pretty serious about being 'instrument-dols' with rock versions of their title tracks, but I'm quite charmed by this ballad they sang with their last promos. Really cute. The member on the guitar also wrote the song, she's pretty awesome.

Signed,
Pinkurocket the Dia stan of k-popgaf.

broz0rs

Really late on the RV feedback; the song reminds me of Crayon Pop's fm where it has very catchy instrumentals, but the song suffers from not going anywhere. Also caught up on comments here, and it's a lot less depressing than r/Kpop. I'm starting to also feel that Happiness/ICC may be the equivalent of Gee/Genie to their discography and career.

llehuty

Pretty solid song. I like it! It's kinda weird, but their other fave song of mine 'My friend's boyfriend' also has a weird vibe which suits them I think.
Yeah ,I really like this. It has a unique sound to it.

Really late on the RV feedback; the song reminds me of Crayon Pop's fm where it has very catchy instrumentals, but the song suffers from not going anywhere. Also caught up on comments here, and it's a lot less depressing than r/Kpop. I'm starting to also feel that Happiness/ICC may be the equivalent of Gee/Genie to their discography and career.
Well, yikes if that's the case....

No No Eul

[ENG] Red Velvet @ Weekly Idol 160907 EP.267

Rock version

The original sounds pretty good but I'm really loving the rock version. Where's the riotous applause at the end though? Clap, you miserable ingrates!

roaSone

Chungha really has to begin a solo career. Girl can do everything, she put the last nail in the coffin in the latest IOI's OST for Moon Lovers.
Actually it would have been much better if she was the only one singing almost.
Yoojung did well also, others are kinda meh and Sohye is the definition itself of useless here.
She even ruins the mood of the chorus with merely three words, grats.

[MV] Swings(스윙스) _ Your Soul

Nice MV except for the awful blackface. Jesus- how can people be so ignorant.
Swings isn't bad so much as I find him uninteresting musically. Perhaps I dislike him as an emcee, because this could be the first song of his that I like.

I'm sure the production crew would claim that character in the video is supposed to be more of an abstraction than an actual person... but then you also have the hair along with the skin paint...

Long time fan and at this point I just want Spica to start releasing good, interesting music again.

Verbatim. I don't like MOBB at all and trying to listen to "Holup" all the way through felt like a chore.

"Body" is good.

They're also pretty serious about being 'instrument-dols' with rock versions of their title tracks, but I'm quite charmed by this ballad they sang with their last promos. Really cute. The member on the guitar also wrote the song, she's pretty awesome.

Signed,
Pinkurocket the Dia stan of k-popgaf.
I've been trying to let people know about Yebin, but no one listens. Along with Chaeyeon she's one of the best members.

Because Facebook, here are the YouTube clips:

hqdefault.jpg
34 EXCEED - There is no limit

hqdefault.jpg
35 EXCEED - There is no limit

hqdefault.jpg
36 EXCEED - There is no limit

hqdefault.jpg
37 EXCEED - There is no limit

hqdefault.jpg
EXCEED - There is no limit

hqdefault.jpg
38 EXCEED - There is no limit

hqdefault.jpg
39 EXCEED - There is no limit

Incoming Ladies Code comeback!!!

I honestly haven't been this excited for a girl group comeback this entire year besides this. Galaxy was such a surprise jam, it's still in my rotation even though it's been out for more than 6 months now.

I have a feeling this is gonna come out a little after Girls' Spirit ends just so they can ride the surge of Sojung's underratedness. Which seriously, everytime I read r/Kpop's post about Team B in GS, no one there appreciates the greatness of Sojung. It's a shame but I've got no problem with that... that gives me a chance to fly to Korea and you know hahahaha.

Hey feist bro, can you do me a huge favor??

Can I request a Sojung spam just so I can prep my avatar for their comeback? Thanks! Lol.

Hyungdon is apparently coming back to Weekly Idol this month.

As awesome as this is, I really hope Hani and Heechul somehow stay on the show. What I'd really love to see is an alternate schedule where Hani and Heechul is one week then on the next week, Doni is in instead. I think that'd actually be pretty beneficial too on Doni's end as it would give him less stress.

Or maybe let HeeNi run Idol is Best or some other segment that'll keep them on the show.

Idk lol. I actually just find HeeNi a breath of fresh air among these idol shows where it's all premeditated boring shit.

As awesome as this is, I really hope Hani and Heechul somehow stay on the show. What I'd really love to see is an alternate schedule where Hani and Heechul is one week then on the next week, Doni is in instead. I think that'd actually be pretty beneficial too on Doni's end as it would give him less stress.

Or maybe let HeeNi run Idol is Best or some other segment that'll keep them on the show.

Idk lol. I actually just find HeeNi a breath of fresh air among these idol shows where it's all premeditated boring shit.
I get enough Heechul on Knowing Brothers personally. I find him at times to be too overbearing, he takes the spotlight away, as if all the attention has to be on him. So I'll be happy with just having it back to the way it was before tbh.

EDIT: It's been confirmed by Weekly Idol staff now:

He will film the episode in late September and it will air on October 5.

Hani (EXID) and Heechul (Super Junior) will leave the show.
For the past 6 months, they have filled in for Hyung-don's absence.

Currently, there are no plans for Hyung-don to return to Infinite Challenge.

40 minutes of Woohee talking to the camera.

Highlights (of the bits I watched while skipping):

- she didn't write lyrics for the comeback album but is excited about the high quality level of production
- the last dream she had was raunchy/erotic but she wont go into detail
- she moved on from Bastion and currently mains Mercy in Overwatch (but loses 99% of the matches)
- she'd love to do a solo album

H3CzqGk.gif

Top Bottom