• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Tablo's new book, Blonote, out in September. English version coming not long after Korean.

g1Daj9F.jpg

VRympRb.jpg

XALDme0.jpg

BauvSdj.jpg

Hopefully the new album isn't too far behind.

llehuty

Gain(가인) _ Carnival (The Last Day)
Not as instantly memorable as some of her older stuff, but I like that she is, as always, just doing her own thing. The MV is one of my favourite MVs of the year, so damn classy and with some powerful imagery.

[STATION] SM X BANA_두근두근 (Pit-A-Pat) 250 Remix_Music Video
Kind of Pc Music-like. Interesting.

2PM(투피엠) “Promise (I'll be)” Teaser Video

I miss San E. YDG is kind of boring.

Yeah, although I like how YDG lets the girls carry the show and he is in a backseat spot. It could have been better in season 1 or 2, with more natural drama.

Peru

Not marked as such for some reason but this is a remix of an old BoA track: https://youtu.be/_CJfYUhSrWA?t=17m59s

Gain(가인) _ Carnival (The Last Day)
Not as instantly memorable as some of her older stuff, but I like that she is, as always, just doing her own thing. The MV is one of my favourite MVs of the year, so damn classy and with some powerful imagery. .

Classic Lee Min Soo / Kim Eana. Like I said with Sunny Hill I'm happy for what I can get of that now that they're not working with IU.

Pendulum

[VAN live] Urban Zakapa - Thursday Night (feat. Beenzino)

---

So what the heck happened to Cocosori? Have they not put out anything since their debut earlier this year?
I think they were promoting in japan a couple of weeks ago, I saw some fancams. They are also part of Idolmaster korea, no idea if they are currently recording. I wouldn't worry too much.

Here's the debut of the Idolmaster Korea group (from M Countdown this week). Sori made it, but Coco didn't.
(ex-The Ark Halla (Suji) and Jane, and ex-Tiny-G Mint made it)

And here's Red Velvet's stage is anyone wants to check the choreo.

Black Pink won on M Countdown, but of course were not there.

Peru

[
Here's the debut of the Idolmaster Korea group (from M Countdown this week). Sori made it, but Coco didn't.
(ex-The Ark Halla (Suji) and Jane, and ex-Tiny-G Mint made it)

Peru the k-pop producer: Debut single is a cover of one of those catchy JP idolmaster songs. Classic j-idol style. They have the lisence. Easy, obvious way to stand out in the Korean market (and appeal to the considerable amounts of weaboos in Korea).

Actual producer: Don't do that

Unless this is that, in which case egg on my face, but it doesn't sound like it.

Out of town for basically a week and it looks like I didn't miss much lol.

I agree on the RV sentiment. It fncking blows.

But the latter half of the mini is pretty good. Starting from Sunny Afternoon to My Dear, it might be some basic stuff but it's a lot more listenable and enjoyable than the "experimental" tracks in the 1st half of the mini.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I was tempted to change my avatar but I have to keep my darling Hyeyeon until she returns.

pls bestie

llehuty

Damn, 1thek finally uploaded the english subs for the Gain MV and... ;_; this is so good.
She released the best music video of the year for 2nd year in a row, with a completely different concept and style. For me, she is now right up with IU and BoA as one of the best soloist in kpop. Not an easy task coming from a girl group. Good stuff

송지은(SONGJIEUN) 2nd mini album [Bobby Doll] Highlight Medley(수록곡 메들리)
Sounds a bit boring overall. Surprised to see cha Cha Malone in the credits, I thought he only did tracks for AOMG.

DIA[다이아] "미스터포터 [Mr. Potter]" Main Teaser
I feel like we only have heard the intro and the chorus. So far so good, but the verses will be make or break, IMO.

I really enjoy this song it's really nice. Might have to look into her a bit i'm always looking for newer stuff since i got into Kpop not that long ago.
Gain has a really solid discography, also very eclectic.

If you want more things that sound like carnival, check new Sunny Hill or some of the earlier IU stuff. (Same songwriter).

Also, make sure to check the OP of this thread, a nice place to discover new things.

Cmagus

Damn, 1thek finally uploaded the english subs for the Gain MV and... ;_; this is so good.
She released the best music video of the year for 2nd year in a row, with a completely different concept and style. For me, she is now right up with IU and BoA as one of the best soloist in kpop. Not an easy task coming from a girl group. Good stuff

송지은(SONGJIEUN) 2nd mini album [Bobby Doll] Highlight Medley(수록곡 메들리)
Sounds a bit boring overall. Surprised to see cha Cha Malone in the credits, I thought he only did tracks for AOMG.

I feel like we only have heard the intro and the chorus. So far so good, but the verses will be make or break, IMO.

Gain has a really solid discography, also very eclectic.

If you want more things that sound like carnival, check new Sunny Hill or some of the earlier IU stuff. (Same songwriter).

Also, make sure to check the OP of this thread, a nice place to discover new things.

Thanks for those suggestions I'm gonna check them out. I started learning Korean a little while ago so I've been getting into more music because it helps and I'm really enjoying a lot of it. I had to purchase the Gain EP it's so good I really like her style and sound it's interesting.

llehuty

크레용팝Crayon Pop 부릉부릉 Vroom Vroom
Pre-release track. Back to the origins.

Thanks for those suggestions I'm gonna check them out. I started learning Korean a little while ago so I've been getting into more music because it helps and I'm really enjoying a lot of it. I had to purchase the Gain EP it's so good I really like her style and sound it's interesting.

Oh, that's interesting. In here, we normally have people that get into kpop and then decide to learn the language, not the other way around :p

Why did MBK make a new Youtube channel just for them? So weird.. MBK Dolls.
But I'm rooting for Dia, I really like the members and they're a pretty strong group. This comeback looks interesting, I'm usually not a fan of references to pop-culture (especially Harry Potter which I don't care about) but it seems more like a fairytale vibe which is nice. Aesthetics are on point at least. Let's see how the song turns out. Probably mediocre but catchy, which has been Dia's thing.

Drummond

Neo Member
Haven't been into Kpop for 3 years, but during my vacation in Indonesia (especially Bali) there was Korean television and music videos everywhere so I got back into it.

Really loving Lip 2 Lip and Navillera lately. I probably like Gfriend more than I should.

Doul

Neo Member
Damn I miss Girl's Day. I heard that Hyeri is a super star right now. I saw her in a happy together episode with Yura a while back. I can't tell if she's the greatest audience manipulator I've seen or the most genuine idol around. And that's the beauty of it. I love how she interacts with Yura, it reminds me of why I used to stan this group so much despite their very average music. Right now all they are really doing are TV shows.

Red Velvet is disappointing this time around. Russian Roulette pales in comparison to Ice Cream Cake and Dumb Dumb Dumb and their hairstyle is horrible in my opinion. I'm going to give the album a listen though.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Damn I miss Girl's Day. I heard that Hyeri is a super star right now. I saw her in a happy together episode with Yura a while back. I can't tell if she's the greatest audience manipulator I've seen or the most genuine idol around. And that's the beauty of it. I love how she interacts with Yura, it reminds me of why I used to stan this group so much despite their very average music. Right now all they are really doing are TV shows.
Yeah, I love Girl's Day on variety programs. I've missed them as they promoted around Japan. GFriend has been pretty great in the meantime tho.

No No Eul

Russian Roulette is definitely growing on me. I still haven't come to terms with how underwhelming the rest of the mini is though.

·feist·;215994933 said:

Eunyoung so gorgeous. I love what she's done with her hair.

PALGOU - Hold Me
Glenn Check and somethinng called Discorea coll project unit. It's very Glenn Checky

Glen Check's stuff has never quite clicked with me for some reason but this is really good.

Rainbow's Makestar has reached its funding goal.

Alas, I didn't get one of the 100 signed copies. I was too busy watching Giant Bomb quick looks when the project went live. :p
Oh, that's too bad. Still, I wasn't qualified for the signatures in the 9muses photobook, but I still got it signed somehow. There is still hope.

It turns out Rainbow are going to sign an extra 100 copies of their photobook so I will get one after all. :D

llehuty

EXID HANI's - The Sneeze Song
Nugu Who is having way too much fun with these remixes, lol

Pledis Girlz have renewed their dance stages fr their concert with 3 new songs.
Ciara - Sorry
Destiny's Child - Lose my breath
Eve - Eve

If after all this buildup, they end up making their real debut with a cute concept, I will fly to korea to punch Pledis' CEO in the face.

Haven't been into Kpop for 3 years, but during my vacation in Indonesia (especially Bali) there was Korean television and music videos everywhere so I got back into it.
Did you say last 3 years?

K-pop GAF essentials playlist

sorry can't help myself to posting another few oldies=)
keep em coming, I love those ultra retro MV.

Boss Mog

https://youtu.be/F-MuT-fiStY

Yerin and Joy are friends. That is beautiful.

"she called me to tell me it was her birthday" makes me sad for Yerin. She seems so isolated and innocent even compared to other GFriend members. On that recent episode of Happy Together with all the girl group members I remember her being so shocked that Chahee got to go out and party cause her company didn't care and even encouraged it to generate publicity for Melody Day.

llehuty

^I forgot about Geracida, it's still good.

No idea why I dismissed this when it got released, but I'm now jamming to Still 24K.

This is good.

Wish 4minute bot was still here, maybe he could explain why the fans only cheer for Hyuna on this video of their last live performance as a group. Maybe all of them were Cube staff.

Kappa
LMAO, shots fired. But now I'm sad because no more 4minute. Do we know where they ended up getting signed? I hope the other 4 get together somehow. I personally need more Gayoon in my life.

Pendulum

LMAO, shots fired. But now I'm sad because no more 4minute. Do we know where they ended up getting signed? I hope the other 4 get together somehow. I personally need more Gayoon in my life.

Not sure about the others, but Jiyoon signed with JS E&M (who is their first non-actor) and should be putting out some music soon (she's been doing promotional photo shoots).

---

Tzuyu's athletic hairflip

Top Bottom