• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Hyungdon is apparently coming back to Weekly Idol this month.

MsWonQZ.gif

Yes just in time for Apink's comeback!

K1LLER7

Wow 2PM song is not even in the top 10, 20 or 30. I thought they were in the their of EXO.

2PM haven't been big in Korea since around 2013 (Hands Up). Move to focus on Japan, not promoting in Korea for 2 year+ and the Nichkhun driving incident meant they lost a lot of fans.

Shame considering they've released great albums in the last 3 years and this the last they'll release for a while due to members leaving for national service.

Favourite 3 songs on their latest album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UrYDFxOQUw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHZW1KSS5SE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2yKw1VIQ0A

I get enough Heechul on Knowing Brothers personally. I find him at times to be too overbearing, he takes the spotlight away, as if all the attention has to be on him. So I'll be happy with just having it back to the way it was before tbh.

EDIT: It's been confirmed by Weekly Idol staff now:

He will film the episode in late September and it will air on October 5.

Hani (EXID) and Heechul (Super Junior) will leave the show.
For the past 6 months, they have filled in for Hyung-don's absence.

Currently, there are no plans for Hyung-don to return to Infinite Challenge.

Noooooo. :(

I liked Hani on Weekly Idol, you got to see the pretty every week and she was hilarious.

Eldren

Can't we have a compromise where Hani stays, Heechul goes and Weekly Idol becomes the Coni Doni Hani show

It's the best of both worlds

Latest ep of Knowing Brothers is fantastic.

Hong Jin-young noona in a school uniform? Lawd jesus.

That the other trot girl was pretty fncking hot too so I did my research and I'm conflicted... she's fncking hot, especially when playing the piano but her singing is like average lol.

Solbi will be forever confusing as fnck tho.

So here's a fun fact... I've always thought BP's Jisoo looked exactly like another idol that disappeared off the map.

Cue an hour ago and Horse Fany sent me these pics:

yewon.jpg

tumblr_o9te34ypMn1ud0dg8o2_1280.jpg

I initially couldn't figure it out, nor did I know who the first girl was so I asked and the answer I got was far more satisfying than I ever thought would be.

Lawd jesus.

I feel like I've seen the future and if the future turns out to be this way... my god, it might be the most amazing thing ever.

If you don't know who the girl in the 1st pic is, that's Yewon from the disbanded Jewelry.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I don't see the likeness.

Edit: Looking at Jisoo via google image search (since I haven't seen much BP), if I had to name any likeness, none truly come close, but if you just mean things that might trigger memory she maybe shares some features with Son Dambi and Kim Seolhyun. Although makeup can change perception of features quite a lot.

Edit 2: lol in this one she looks like hammie and song jihyo. gonna chalk this one up to unique face and unfamiliarity.

Edit 3: I'd rather study Lisa's beautiful face anyway. #fightinwords #teamlisa

Jisoo definitely has Yewon vibes, I saw it too. I think mostly in the smile and expression rather than like the whole face if that makes sense. Sigh I wish Yewon would do something more interesting with her career rather than the irrelevant little shows she does.

ramyeon

Jisoo definitely has Yewon vibes, I saw it too. I think mostly in the smile and expression rather than like the whole face if that makes sense. Sigh I wish Yewon would do something more interesting with her career rather than the irrelevant little shows she does.
Yeah it's the smile and the eyes, I see it too.

If Yewon hadn't have had that scandal awhile back she probably would have been more active still.

Has SNL Korea finally reached irrelevancy?

The reason why Horse Fany sent me those pics was coz of this clip from SNL Korea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAZwXjBkSiQ

Apparently she mistook the college student in the first 5 secs as Jisoo as well lol. Hell, if she just sent me this clip instead of those pics and told me Jisoo was in SNL Korea, I would've believed her all the way.

Yeah it's the smile and the eyes, I see it too.

If Yewon hadn't have had that scandal awhile back she probably would have been more active still.

I totally forgot what the scandal was and looking it up.... yeesh, talk about having a stick up your ass.

Did Tae-Im ever issue an apology to Yewon?

llehuty

New girl group, Blity

The nuguness is strong in this one. They, of course, couldn't even afford a debut MV. They are doing the classic poverty promo of performing on every single guerrilla stage available.

Live performance of their debut: 두근두근 (If those are live vocals, props to them).

The song is quite generic and it doesn't seem like they are doing anything groundbreaking, but:
14192048_669609266525207_7432649504513000019_n.jpg

welcome our new dumb hearts overlord.

Cuddler

[MV] KIM JUNA(김주나) _ Summer Dream
Nice song, Kim Juna was one of the two girls that standout for me in Produce 101 (only watched some random performance on youtube, the other one was Yeon Jung) and she doesn't disappoint imo, I like her voice.
Hmm, I really like his voice. Unfortunately, this type of male vocalist are always stuck with super boring and tired productions. This one is good, though, very different from his singles.
I actually didn't know who he was, I found this song in this Spotify playlist for anyone that is interested:
Sexiest K-Grooves
I'm a recent K-Pop convert with a small collection (mostly picked up from Chicago's amazing K-Pop store in Chinatown) and I'm curious to hear what you all consider the essential K-Pop ALBUMS from 2010 to present. I tend to like the female groups better but I'm open to anything. Here's what I've got so far:

Brown Eyed Girls - Sixth Sense
Brown Eyed Girls - Black Box
Brown Eyed Girls - Basic
BTS - Dark & Wild
f(x) - Pink Tape
f(x) - Red Light
f(x) - 4 Walls
Girls' Generation - I Got A Boy
IU - Chat-Shire
Red Velvet - The Red
Super Junior - Mamacita
2NE1 - Crush
Essential is probably too much, but my choices are:
2BiC - Return or Back to Black (Return is the repackaged version with one more song)
Mamamoo - Melting
Taemin - ACE (a mini album actually)
Super Junior D&E - The Beat Goes On Special Edition (The special edition have many more songs)

Lol as pretty as she is, y'all know I'm a bit of stickler for music so I can't take this seriously. Especially when she's sitting as far as possible away from the snare... obviously you shouldn't be close to it since you're potentially gonna bang your junk with a drum stick(done it before actually, but I was wearing thick jeans lolol) but it's clearly obvious that her sitting position is a setup.

There's definitely a lot of factors that come into play in the position of yourself, the snare, as well as the hi-hat and bass pedal but again, this shit is too much of a setup so I can't lol.

She's definitely got some chops though.

PolishQ

Essential is probably too much, but my choices are:
2BiC - Return or Back to Black (Return is the repackaged version with one more song)
Mamamoo - Melting
Taemin - ACE (a mini album actually)
Super Junior D&E - The Beat Goes On Special Edition (The special edition have many more songs)

Thanks!

CL: Lifted @ The Late Late Show
This song has no energy at all live.
thanks for posting, curious to see it after that other CL thread.

Red Velvet "SML" digital shorts
Seulgi
this one is scary.

just got home from late friday night work:
kpop oldies:
Fin.K.L - Blue Rain

drama style kpop
1TYM - WITHOUT YOU M/V

Toy - 좋은사람

really old innocent kpop
이승환 - 화려하지 않은 고백
(1993年)
I like the way the girl in this vid looks.

Bijou (비쥬) - 누구보다 널 사랑해

Boss Mog

So I just read that Blackpink shot 2 MVs over the Chuseok holiday and that they'll be making a comeback next month which seems kinda crazy since "Whistle" is still picking up wins on Inkigayo right now.

I'm happy for the speedy comeback I just hope we can see them appear on some variety shows so we can get to know a little more about them. I would love to see them on Happy Together or Weekly Idol.

llehuty

The Unpretty Rapstar subber is choking hard. Ep8 is out and he is still working on episode 6. A real shame, things are getting interesting.
apparently Yezi appears in ep 8!

[STATION] 유재석 X EXO_Dancing King_Music Video
Dancing King indeed. Based Jaesuk.

걸그룹 여자여자 GIRLSGIRLS 안무연습 영상 "Jason Derulo-Talk Dirty","Rihanna-Jump"MIX Dance
They are going all in with the bob cut concept.

New page

giphy.gif

Top Bottom