• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

AllenShrz

They just recently released their debut tracks and haven't appeared much otherwise. Those two tracks were predictably hits, coming from YG.

Oh I see, thanks. I didnt know they are new, yet again I dont care at all about kpop music or it's culture but that group got my attention.

isuzu

BTS Wings Tracklist
uYN2II3.jpg

Cypher pt. 4 yaaaaas
XrWHqfl.gif

broz0rs

I dunno my overwhelming impression of Blackpink after their debut is Yang Hyun Suk saying "what if I remade 2NE1 again but this time, I'll make sure all four girls are hot." I don't remember a group from the big 3 that repeated a group concept as explicitly as YG has had.

Peru

I don't think they're all that similar to 2NE1, just that they're predictably placed at the center of YG's current aesthetics and you could maybe wish for a bit more of a unique flair to them.

No No Eul

·feist·;219073394 said:
Still surprised at the fairly apathetic response some fans had to Sera's departure. Now with Hyuna you have someone who is about as integral to their group as any non-original member can be.

Yeah, with Hyuna gone, I wonder how much longer the remaining senior members will persevere. Hyemi seems pretty dedicated to the Nine Muses cause so I suppose she may well stay to the bitter end. Kyungri and Sungah though...

Honestly, at this point I kind of wish they would just disband and put an end to it.

gyeoungree solo career tho pls

nukedeggs

Hey Kpopgaf, I'm not super familiar with K-pop but is there anything that's similar to MOBB songs in general? I really dig Body by Mino, Holup by Bobby, and Full House by MOBB in particular.

giri

Hey, so this may seem kinda dumb or like it goes without saying, or even just be unwanted by some, but I wanted to say I know we've had our disagreements and arguments, not always over kpop (which is most silly), in this thread or in IRC, and there were times I let it get personal and/or judged others or held a grudge. But it's not good to let pride burn bridges, especially in a place you continue to frequent, so I apologize for my angry actions over the years. Whatever offenses I at one time held against some of you, whether they were only in my head or real, I forgive them.

In more kpop-ish terms, I will try to reflect and return with a better image.

You're forgiven

I think with Sera everyone kinda expected her to leave the group. I feel the last moments of her being a member, she kinda hinted at her leaving or at least you could sense that she wasn't there for the long run anymore. With Hyuna, she always seemed like a strong member up until recently. It's a shame, I wonder how long the group will last if they keep reforming them. Watch them get a semi-successful round of promotions after which Star Empire decided to disband them for good like they did with Jewelry.

Star Empire should just focus to get the group with Hyeri from P101 a proper debut. The popularity of the show isn't gonna linger forever.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Hey, so this may seem kinda dumb or like it goes without saying, or even just be unwanted by some, but I wanted to say I know we've had our disagreements and arguments, not always over kpop (which is most silly), in this thread or in IRC, and there were times I let it get personal and/or judged others or held a grudge. But it's not good to let pride burn bridges, especially in a place you continue to frequent, so I apologize for my angry actions over the years. Whatever offenses I at one time held against some of you, whether they were only in my head or real, I forgive them.

sup

llehuty

The thing about 9muses is that the timing when members leave is so damn bad. The second they get some traction and seem like they are going to make it, line up change. The group has been giving a huge quantity of quality releases and one of the best mini's in kpop, so I'm not going to complain if the group suddenly disbands. I will enjoy the ride while it lasts. Hope Sungah stays there until the end. She has 9M in her instagram, so I still have hope.

Hey Kpopgaf, I'm not super familiar with K-pop but is there anything that's similar to MOBB songs in general? I really dig Body by Mino, Holup by Bobby, and Full House by MOBB in particular.

Try Jay Park/AOMG

giri

The thing about 9muses is that the timing when members leave is so damn bad. The second they get some traction and seem like they are going to make it, line up change. The group has been giving a huge quantity of quality releases and one of the best mini's in kpop, so I'm not going to complain if the group suddenly disbands. I will enjoy the ride while it lasts. Hope Sungah stays there until the end. She has 9M in her instagram, so I still have hope.

Wait. Wut.

No Pinky yet, but Pledis released another video of Yebin.

I'm with you on Pledis Girlz (which I'm assuming will change their name for debut), but I'm scared of Pledis missmanaging them. It can't be worse the gugudan though.

I don't know man. Seems like Pledis are seriously going with Pledis Girlz. They've made a logo and everything. Look at the bright side, at least it's not as stupid as Monsta X.

Honestly, at this point I kind of wish they would just disband and put an end to it.

gyeoungree solo career tho pls
R1920x0
R1920x0

Ladies' Code comeback on the 13th.
R1920x0

You're forgiven
R1920x0

Loci

Busan ://///

The Busan International Film Festival starts tomorrow...

Code:
The Busan International Film Festival, which is set to kick off on Thursday, is expected to face problems as the typhoon destroyed some of its venue sites, organizers said.

Demoskinos

I'm going to throw in with everyone else saying Black Pink is the best new group. I mean c'mon they debuted with a Perfect All Kill and as everyone already said Lisa's verses just absolutely slay. The hype around Black Pink seems real.

What matters now is whatever they put out next keeps up the momentum of how strong their debut was.

I'm going to throw in with everyone else saying Black Pink is the best new group. I mean c'mon they debuted with a Perfect All Kill and as everyone already said Lisa's verses just absolutely slay. The hype around Black Pink seems real.

What matters now is whatever they put out next keeps up the momentum of how strong their debut was.
What is your definition of new group? Debuted in 2016? Or groups that are regarded as rookies?

llehuty

This sounded familiar but it wasn't until today when it finally hit me where I heard something similar before: Alphabat - Tantara
RIP Alphabat, they had potential.

Well, I think they are going to really need to hit it out of the park if the want to overtake Twice right now; half of korea has probably done/heard of Sana's ShaShaSha and Cheer Up is still charting decently after 5 months.

giri

Sweet Rendezvous, brah. It's perfect.

TRUTH. Sweet Rendezvous is better than most groups' entire discographies.

Did you two finally get married? If not I want what ever you're drinking / smoking / taking.

Well, I think they are going to really need to hit it out of the park if the want to overtake Twice right now; half of korea has probably done/heard of Sana's ShaShaSha and Cheer Up is still charting decently after 5 months.

What black pink hype? They released, did one show for x weeks, then disappeared.

The songs were really good and all. But it's hard to have hype when you're not visible.

And Twice is out there cleaning up everything.

llehuty

^^^^^I still don't know how you can't get into Sweetune's magnum opus mini.

NU'EST(뉴이스트)-Daybreak (Minhyun&JR)
MV Features Mingyeong from Pledis Girlz

[Teaser 2] HIGHTEEN(하이틴)_BOOM BOOM CLAP(붐붐 클랩)
Fancam of the full thing
This is the right amount of cute.

Dalshabet(달샤벳) '금토일(FRI. SAT. SUN)' Dance Practice
This chore is fantastic. The steps are nothing groundbreaking, but I love how they hit every beat with the right energy. It definitely elevates the whole thing.

More Dal Shabet:
Album jacket making BTS
(Weekday Ver.)(Music Video Making)
(Weekend Ver.)(Music Video Making)

Top Bottom