• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Eldren

Is AOA still a thing or nah?

They're between comebacks right now. Good Luck ended on a bit of a sour note when misogynistic and nationalist netizens tried to drive Seolhyun and Jimin into exile over a mistake half of the country's student population makes, so they cut their promos short.

They're just performing at concerts and events like that at the moment but they've been recording a few things recently so hopefully we'll get comeback news soon.

llehuty

Practice for when Hyuna and Sungah officially leave.

dJhHBJT.gif

If this actually happens, I will hunt you down and force you to eat rice cakes

PInk Tape

Banned
I can't believe SHINee's coming out with an actual cassette for the LE version of their album. I thought it was just going to be packaging or something, lol.

I've also been addicted to Dancing King ever since I heard it earlier today. The MV's pretty cute too.

So, I was looking at te upcoming comebacks for next month... and there is a possibility of Twice and Black Pink going head to head. Of course YG will delay it to 2018, but just the thought of it... the 2nd coming of sones vs blackjacks.

I wasn't around for it but I can just imagine how messy it was.

I like this but I think Wave was stronger production and concept wise. It's nice to see those cute Lunber moments and Johnny out of the dungeon tho.

its da summa time feel da summa vibe

dance with oh my girl feelin' high through the night ~

llehuty

JY - Saigono Sayonara
I still can't believe how stupid the people at DSP are, letting go their most important group, with success both in Korea and Japan.

크레용팝(crayonpop)_두둠칫(DooDoomChit)_안무영상(Choreography ver.)
I like this song a lot, but there seems to be so little hype for it... These groups from smaller companies they just drop in popularity like a rock the moment they take a moderately long break, like B.A.P, Nu'est, Hello Venus,..

크레용팝(crayonpop)_두둠칫(DooDoomChit)_안무영상(Choreography ver.)
I like this song a lot, but there seems to be so little hype for it... These groups from smaller companies they just drop in popularity like a rock the moment they take a moderately long break, like B.A.P, Nu'est, Hello Venus,..

I was actually surprised CP were able to perform two songs on a single show. I was happy to see them perform Vroom Vroom along with DooDoomChit on Show Champion and Simply Kpop.
https://youtu.be/6zht0wIUT9I

Overall the whole album is pretty good. Tonight has that T-ara vibe to it.
https://youtu.be/naqagwwVzmU

[MV] MONSTA X(몬스타엑스) _ Fighter
Song is really weird and the video jumps so quickly from edgy to ridiculous, making a really weird mix. At least they are trying to stand out a bit instead of staying in the shadow of BTS, which is always a good thing.

I'm really into their sound since their last mini-album. Less of the hep-hap tryhard and instead that wannabe bad boys concept with a really solid sound. The rappers also sound more bearable in this song compared to their previous comebacks. The MV is ridiculous but oh well, it's unique.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Somewhat off-topic, but I'll be traveling to Korea in a couple months and am having a hard time finding a great tourist resource. Any good sites you guys know about? Looking for something like Korea's version of japan-guide.com, with emphasis on sightseeing and restaurants

purpl3ninja

Neo Member
Somewhat off-topic, but I'll be traveling to Korea in a couple months and am having a hard time finding a great tourist resource. Any good sites you guys know about? Looking for something like Korea's version of japan-guide.com, with emphasis on sightseeing and restaurants

Where are you going within Korea, and for how long?

I just got back and can probably provide some insights. Feel free to hit me up yo. :)

llehuty

^^^^ Pendulum, stahp!
tumblr_inline_mf7bcsErwm1qltqg1.gif

[MV] Ailee(에일리) _ Home (Feat. Yoonmirae(윤미래))
Yes yes yesss. So happy that she took a risk this time around. It's still a very classy song, but, at the same time, exciting. And it's nice listening to her not in power house vocal mode, which is quite boring and predictable.

SHINee 샤이니_1 of 1_Music Video
This is also fantastic. They are just so comitted to any concept they throw at them. They are definitely THE boy group.

Also, how amazing is that they are selling a limited cassette version?
-limited-version-shinee-5th-album-vol-5-1-of-1-cassette-tape.jpg

Wasn't expecting another practice video from Pledis, but here's Stone Buddha Nayoung performing a rewritten Tears by Leessang. I assume we'll get one of Pinky as well soon then. Everyone seems to be lamenting the imminent end of IOI, meanwhile I'm over here in the corner, still eagerly awaiting it because I'm much more excited for Pledis Girlz (that name still sucks ass though).

[MV] Ailee(에일리) _ Home (Feat. Yoonmirae(윤미래))
Yes yes yesss. So happy that she took a risk this time around. It's still a very classy song, but, at the same time, exciting. And it's nice listening to her not in power house vocal mode, which is quite boring and predictable.

This is also fantastic. They are just so comitted to any concept they throw at them. They are definitely THE boy group.

Also, how amazing is that they are selling a limited cassette version?
-limited-version-shinee-5th-album-vol-5-1-of-1-cassette-tape.jpg

These are both great, but 1 of 1 takes the cake. Fucking loving it. One of their best songs. The rap section is lacking, but doesn't detract much at all from the overall image.

"Oh My Girl are another girl group to become victims to slippery stages."

They did'nt slip enough times to go viral and find success like G-Friend. : /

200.gif

llehuty

Wasn't expecting another practice video from Pledis, but here's Stone Buddha Nayoung performing a rewritten Tears by Leessang. I assume we'll get one of Pinky as well soon then. Everyone seems to be lamenting the imminent end of IOI, meanwhile I'm over here in the corner, still eagerly awaiting it because I'm much more excited for Pledis Girlz (that name still sucks ass though).
I'm with you on Pledis Girlz (which I'm assuming will change their name for debut), but I'm scared of Pledis missmanaging them. It can't be worse the gugudan though.

I'm with you on Pledis Girlz (which I'm assuming will change their name for debut), but I'm scared of Pledis missmanaging them. It can't be worse the gugudan though.

Who do you guys think will be achieve the most success out of I.O.I.? Not counting Somi of course.

No No Eul

Those 90s feels. So good.

—

Crayon Pop’s Soyul To Halt Activities Due To Anxiety Disorder

Poor Soyul. And while that in itself is pretty unfortunate, there's also this, taken from the same article:
The source further revealed, “[Crayon Pop] made a comeback after a year and six months and there were many changes in their environment including the agency president and all of the employees being replaced. I think there was a lot of pressure and stress in perfecting their album during preparations.”

Er... Did they really replace, like, every single employee at the company?

—

New Girl Group Takes Unconventional Approach To Revealing 1st Member HeeJin

The group (LOOΠΔ) will release a solo track for each one of its twelve members over the coming year, which sounds immensely ambitious. The first solo track is pretty funky though. I like it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hey, so this may seem kinda dumb or like it goes without saying, or even just be unwanted by some, but I wanted to say I know we've had our disagreements and arguments, not always over kpop (which is most silly), in this thread or in IRC, and there were times I let it get personal and/or judged others or held a grudge. But it's not good to let pride burn bridges, especially in a place you continue to frequent, so I apologize for my angry actions over the years. Whatever offenses I at one time held against some of you, whether they were only in my head or real, I forgive them.

In more kpop-ish terms, I will try to reflect and return with a better image.

Hey, so this may seem kinda dumb or like it goes without saying, or even just be unwanted by some, but I wanted to say I know we've had our disagreements and arguments, not always over kpop (which is most silly), in this thread or in IRC, and there were times I let it get personal and/or judged others or held a grudge. But it's not good to let pride burn bridges, especially in a place you continue to frequent, so I apologize for my angry actions over the years. Whatever offenses I at one time held against some of you, whether they were only in my head or real, I forgive them.

Dont insult A-Pink.

No No Eul

tumblr_mz7vgioDHy1ran2kvo1_250.gif
tumblr_mz7vgioDHy1ran2kvo2_250.gif

tumblr_mz7vgioDHy1ran2kvo3_250.gif
tumblr_mz7vgioDHy1ran2kvo4_250.gif

Dice hwaiting!

AReed

I forgive you.

Fare thee well, Best Hyuna.
Still surprised at the fairly apathetic response some fans had to Sera's departure. Now with Hyuna you have someone who is about as integral to their group as any non-original member can be.

Where can I find the alternate timeline where the 2013 Muse run continued with the best members still present and the group finding success under an agency that isn't awful?

Hammie will never forgive you for abandoning her.

Or so I hear.

I'm still sad this entire skit never got translated... hell the entire episode was supposed to be one of the best SNL Korea episodes to ever exist. There was also a skit where Sunmi was a vampire or something trying to seduce a priest(Shin Dong-yup) and that skit was one of things that led me on to the church of Sunmi.

Loci

Hyuna def was one of my fav members, too.
She's been in the music industry for a super long time and is reaching marriage age.
Definitely a good decision to hop of the sinking ship.
__

Shinee isn't exactly my style, but this is good.

and: where the fuck is BESTie??? they haven't released anything this year

Top Bottom