• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

llehuty

Happiness / Ordinary Girls
I wish this song had a different chorus. Those verses have an incredible energy (both production side and vocals).

[MV] Dalshabet(달샤벳) _ FRI. SAT. SUN(금토일)
Not impressed with Shinsadong here. Weaker than B.B.B and he's even reused the whistle from CLC's "No Oh Oh".
Yep, it falls a bit flat. Not a bad song, but yeah, nowhere near to B.B.B (or Someone like U). I think it's the chorus, that is just too subdued. Dance looks quite fun though.

AReed

You spoke, SM stylists listened

tumblr_oe81g4BYpu1ti7l68o1_1280.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
New Apink is so boring but they are soooooo pretty. Overall sound really reminds me of SES but it lacks the memorable melodies. Yet while unmemorable, more tolerable than the awkward LUV was. Will late-era Apink fizzle out into a haze of vaguely old school kpop/jpop impression? I hope not, but their last real jam was NoNoNo.

LOOOOL @ Dal Shabet pulling so hard from Red Velvet in sound, song construction, and fashion, yet it only amounts to a watered down bore in comparison. Many will continue to try to copy The Red and many will fail.

llehuty

101 - Don′t give up MV
These Produce 101 rejects efforts are getting saddder and sadder. One of the worst songs I've heard this year.

[Teaser] Ailee(에일리) _ Home
I can't believe there is a chance of Ailee releasing an interesting song for once.

BLANC & ECLARE Autumn '16 Sweatshirts

LOOOOL @ Dal Shabet pulling so hard from Red Velvet in sound, song construction, and fashion, yet it only amounts to a watered down bore in comparison. Many will continue to try to copy The Red and many will fail.
Hope your arms are in good shape after all that reaching.

I feel we've reached a point where non-IOI girls still using P101 as a way to promote themselves is a bit desperate. But oh well, it is a cute song I guess.

As for Dal Shabet I like their song but I gotta say I'm also a bit disappointed that it fails to reach the high standards of some of their previous title tracks, most notably Someone Like U and B.B.B. ):
At least they look great and the styling is on point.

llehuty

No idea what is this, but jtbc is doing a rap TV show with a fantastic lineup.
[M/V] (Full ver.) 힙합의 민족2 프로듀서 MV - 힙합의 민족2
The casting did a really good job. The female team (LE, Cheetah and Yezi), is fantastic. I hope they ahve a good chemistry going on and we get at least a track out of this.

DAVICHI COMEBACK TRAILER '이해리 VER.'
DAVICHI COMEBACK TRAILER '강민경 VER.'
Weird as fuck teasers.

GOT7(갓세븐) "하드캐리" Choreography M/V
There is nothing memorable about this comeback.

Good clickbait, but loses the impact when the link doesn't work.

llehuty

Highteen

[Teaser 1] HIGHTEEN(하이틴)_BOOM BOOM CLAP(붐붐 클랩)

They were 5 a couple of months ago but seems like they are now trying again as four. They released (?) a song, but there is no MV and barely no performances, so I don't know if it counts as debut. It's a really cute song.

SF9/Sensation First 9 (before known as Neoz dance team)

sf9_1471821610_201608220801509910_2.jpg

SF9 - 팡파레 (Fanfare) Teaser #1 _ 1 Take Ver.

New boy group from FNC. Not sure what to expect from their first (?) boy group without a band concept.

Pendulum

I just lnked this. Fanastic cast, but are they keeping the old people thing?

Sorry, was still waking up and missed that.

The show byline is pretty much "to introduce Hip Hop to groups of people in the entertainment industry who would not otherwise get involved with Hip Hop". Last season was the older actresses. This season is TV personalities (comedians/entertainers)

And I missed a 5th team too:
PaloAlto, Reddy, G2

MC Sniper, Din Din & Jooheon
Joosuc, Basick & Microdot
Cheetah, LE & Yezi
P-Type, Minos & Hanhae

llehuty

So, I was looking at te upcoming comebacks for next month... and there is a possibility of Twice and Black Pink going head to head. Of course YG will delay it to 2018, but just the thought of it... the 2nd coming of sones vs blackjacks.

roaSone

So, I was looking at te upcoming comebacks for next month... and there is a possibility of Twice and Black Pink going head to head. Of course YG will delay it to 2018, but just the thought of it... the 2nd coming of sones vs blackjacks.
October is gonna be packed as hell, looking forward to all these comebacks!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
After the test of time, eventually accepting their mellow style, this is my fav Lovelyz song.

Mijoo is pretty freeaking great, but they are all so good together, a well constructed team drawing out each others qualities.

llehuty

Why the hell is 9muses still performing as a subunit? It's so damn annoying seeing them perform the reworked 9muses classics for 4 people.

[M/V] HIGH4 20(하이포투엔티) - Hook가(HookGA) (Feat. 화사 of 마마무(HWASA of MAMAMOO))
You will close the tab before you can even say "try hard". You have to make it to 2:42 to hear Hwasa rapping for 40 seconds

Badkiz just uploaded some dance practice clips of their previous releases with the current lineup, so you can be reminded of how they build a unique sound for their first 2 releases, to later ignore it in favour of generic tracks.

Does Lovelyz have any good songs or anything?

Short answer: No
Long Answer: Their music is listeneable but, ultimately, forgettable and bland.

Cuddler

2BiC released a new mini album called "Fall in 2BiC", the title track is called "This road with you":
투빅 2BiC - 함께 걷는 길 This road with you Official M/V
Song is good but I'm the one that I liked the less in the new mini album:
[투빅] Fall In 2BiC TRACK Audio Teaser
Album is also on Spotify for people that want to give it a listen:
2BiC - Fall in 2BiC - Spotify
I really like the second song in the album and the third and fourth songs are the previously released "Close to you" and "The Day of Us"

Kim Won Gu coming back after his marriage with a new skit and his dancing skills are clearly on par with many girl group members, lol:
걸그룹 홍수 속에 유니크한 걸그룹의 탄생! (오마이갓걸) @웃찾사 162회 20160928
Unfortunately there are no subtitles but I thought it could be interesting to some since they are doing a parody of a girl group.

A guy on Xfactor Italy rapped (?) "Ice Cream Cake", they stopped him and asked him about the meaning of the song and it got a little weird because of the obvious hidden(???) meaning of the song lyrics, lol. They then asked him to sing a song in a comprehensible language and he passed the audtion.
that manga in the title, wtf
First link is broken. Kassy should stick to singing. I don't know why she even tried in Unpretty Rapstar, she has a great voice.
I think she actually like to do both and he was like that from the beginning, so her appearance on Unpretty Rapstar wasn't totally random. I agree with you that she has a great voice and is a good singer. But she already released good songs and she needed a way to get her name out there, any (positive) way is good and a show like Unpretty Rapstar is something important. At the end without:
mediaplay
incredibly good looks
acting dumb or funny on variety
there doesn't seems any simple other way for a singer to get popular in Korea.
Warning to Cuddler, now your boys are also victims of k diet pressure http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/09/2bics-joonhyung-loses-over-50kgs-since-debut
If he's more happy I'm happy for him, certainly their looks was important for me initially but there is so much more in them than just their looks. I don't think there is a single person in Korea who isn't pressured about dieting, it's everywhere basically, from school, job, dramas, manhwa, everywhere the message is if you are overweight (or ugly) everything will be terrible and if you are skinny (usually when they lose weight they also become super good looking) you will be happy and succesfull in everything. I don't agree with the message because added to the way many people treat overweight people it leads many into depression, isolation, self deprecation and an incredible low self esteem (Random Hello Counselor terrible story). 2BiC has basically been called ugly on Immortal Songs and I noticed some low self esteem comments from them (something about our album will have a good cover because we will not be on it) and also every interview there is always at least a question about their weight. It's annoying because the way they looks has nothing to do with their music and in general an overweight person is a person that is overweight but also many other things (same problem that LGBTQIA people faces sometimes when for some people everything becomes about you being an LGBTQIA person). 2BiC could be any weight and they are still amazing vocalist and they released some great songs, imo they deserve more recognition. If it's not forced (remember that terrible Piggy Dolls story?) I don't care and it can't be any other way because I can't be that egoist just because I like to looks at their videos/pictures more, it wll be very stupid. I'm more annoyed by some of the comments of the type (you can see one in the article) it looks good now or he/she will looks so good if he/she loose weight. Jun Hyung was cute even 50kgs ago because beauty is subjective and there isn't only a single type of beauty in this world (my opinion obviously).

Top Bottom