• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Pendulum

Somebody opening their mouth to say stuff you should keep behind the curtain is the problem.

He has every right to say something though. He feels the need to explain to his fans why they didn't get to see the performance, and you've got to acknowledge that in the hip hop scene and US culture people rarely hold back from saying something.

You Taeyeon avatars are making a bigger deal out of this than it is.

The same thing i said to the gay dude that runs Asian Junkie.
Who are those nugus btw?

Don't be a salty fuck.

roaSone

He has every right to say something though. He feels the need to explain to his fans why they didn't get to see the performance, and you've got to acknowledge that in the hip hop scene and US culture people rarely hold back from saying something.
His fans did get his solo performance in the end as far as I know.

He has every right to say something though. He feels the need to explain to his fans why they didn't get to see the performance, and you've got to acknowledge that in the hip hop scene and US cultures people rarely hold back from saying something.

You Taeyeon avatars are making a bigger deal out of this than it is.

They also know about codes between collegues, he literally broke that. There was no need to point anybody, he could have just simply said nothing or a neutral response. Giving names, pointing somebody is the problem. It does'nt matter if it's Taeyeon or any other artist, it's not cool at all. What if SM takes the blame and say they did'nt wanted to perform? What if Mnet denies both and say they canceled the performance? What if she says she could'nt perform for X reason? Who would you believe? Get it? The damage is already done cause he started it.

I'll switch my avatar to anything you like if you want.

llehuty

They also know about codes between collegues, he literally broke that.
Well, there was a performance scheduled (with rehearsals and everything) and someone pulled the plug last second, he can call out that.

The saddest thing is that we would've never had this conversation if it happened the other way around.

Niks

They also know about codes between collegues, he literally broke that. There was no need to point anybody, he could have just simply said nothing or a neutral response. Giving names, pointing somebody is the problem. It does'nt matter if it's Taeyeon or any other artist, it's not cool at all. What if SM takes the blame and say they did'nt wanted to perform? What if Mnet denies both and say they canceled the performance? What if she says she could'nt perform for X reason? Who would you believe? Get it? The damage is already done cause he started it.

I'll switch my avatar to anything you like if you want.

codes between colleagues?? lmao

Wiz probably didnt even know who the fuck Taeyeon was until before the rehearsal. He was getting questions about it online, and the dude responded with facts.

If anything this forces someone to make a statement about why they didn't performed, and not sweep the thing under the rug.

She posted on instagram, waiting for proper translation but basically she said there were technical issues, no MR prepared so the production decided to cancel it.

Cytsb5nUQAAzoTM.jpg:large

Translation.

ev0

Man those audio snippets sound rad. What a shame. Just finding out about this so I have no opinion despite my avatar lol.

broz0rs

I don't think his and her fans are that salty about it, the drama should end fairly soon.

I dunno man.. from reading his Twitter comments and r/kpop, I haven't seen her fans this salty since Baekhyun. It's Taengoo defense team red alert.

The thing that I find most amusing is that a lot of people did want to know why the collab was cancelled, but when news broke that Taeng actually backed out the stans shifted to why is this crappy rapper being so unprofessional?

I dunno man.. from reading his Twitter comments and r/kpop, I haven't seen her fans this salty since Baekhyun. It's Taengoo defense team red alert.

The thing that I find most amusing is that a lot of people did want to know why the collab was cancelled, but when news broke that Taeng actually backed out the stans shifted to why is this crappy rapper being so unprofessional?

Because it's a rapper, duh. There's no way to justify what he said, he made assumptions, in the worst way possible.

The point is the same, he should'nt have said anything and that's it. In an ideal world Mnet shoud release a statement clearing out the confusion and making clear there was clearly a communication problem between staffs (if we take Tae's statement for true) when planning the performance and he should release an apology. Until then, fuck him.

roaSone

The thing that I don't understand is why did he call her out when it was apparently a technical issue ? That doesn't make any sense to me.
The only thing that could actually have happened is a big miscommunication between them due to language.

The thing that I don't understand is why did he call her out when it was apparently a technical issue ? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Well, lets be real, it might be a lie. It's SM after all. But if they made that up and Wiz know they lied then they should expect to get called out. Hope they weren't that stupid. But I can see why communication between Wiz and the producers of the show might be a little lacking as well.

The initial thread on r/kpop seems to be deleted(?), but too be honest I can see why Taeyeon stans were getting defensive in that thread. Haters were coming out of the wood work there. Very reactionary responses left and right. Our Taeyeon stans seemed to be a little more preemptive lol.

Well, lets be real, it might be a lie. It's SM after all. But if they made that up and Wiz know they lied then they should expect to get called out. Hope they weren't that stupid. But I can see why communication between Wiz and the producers of the show might be a little lacking as well.

The initial thread on r/kpop seems to be deleted(?), but too be honest I can see why Taeyeon stans were getting defensive in that thread. Haters were coming out of the wood work there. Very reactionary responses left and right. Our Taeyeon stans seemed to be a little more preemptive lol.

Common sense after all, if she did'nt wanted to perform, why should i be mad? she might have a reason, dissapointing? sure if you were looking forward for that performance, i wasn't so i don't care.

What bothers me is this dude action, it's unprofessional as fuck and he should actually get called out about it, and not only by Tae fans.

So not only they call her out, now they throw shade to a statement she clearly release to calm everybody, not TRASH somebody.

Q09XqO4.png

if you know what you are looking for, spidey, the performances are on Mnet's channel

tyty bowow <3 a sick spider is grateful <3

BTS so good. Can Big Hit take some of the knowledge they've learned with BTS these past few years (post-GLAM) and apply it to a new girl group please? Still plenty of room for someone to step up into the gaps left by 4Minute and 2NE1.
(kinda amazing that GLAM was a collab between Big Hit, and Source Music - who manage GFriend. I guess GLAM was really a learning experience)

tyty pendu <3 you are a gift to a newcomer to kpop <3

Cmagus

Just catching up on the MAMA performances, so many of them are so good and the production is pretty impressive. Also Big Bang needs to hurry up and release something new soon.

What I've been reading though is that there is only like 2 new songs and the rest is a greatest hits type package,is that true? I mean I know Top is leaving soon so I doubt they'll be touring.

PInk Tape

Banned
That NCT dance performance was good; I'm gonna look for fancams later to see the choreography better. Black on Black should be on their next mini, SM.

I was shocked that they were actually dressed decently for the first time
in a while
. But Mark's hair looks terrible; I don't want the puffy ramyeon look to come back >.>

Doesn't look like Youngji or Kasper are a part of K.A.R.D

:(

I'm still interested in this group but that sucks.

&#54616;&#51648;&#50896; Ha Ji Won at Red Carpet in 2016 Mama

&#54616;&#51648;&#50896; Ha Ji Won as Presenter in MAMA 2016 Artist of The Year "Daesang"

Ha Ji Won —— enewstv MAMA &#52636;&#44397; &#54616;&#51648;&#50896;, &#51060;&#51648;&#50500; '&#50668;&#48176;&#50864;&#51032; &#44277;&#54637;&#54056;&#49496;&#51008; &#45224;&#45796;&#47476;&#45796;' 151119 EP.1

dIpG6B-Q8T7WQYIb.jpg

The same thing i said to the gay dude that runs Asian Junkie.

Because it's a rapper, duh. There's no way to justify what he said, he made assumptions, in the worst way possible.

The point is the same, he should'nt have said anything and that's it. In an ideal world Mnet shoud release a statement clearing out the confusion and making clear there was clearly a communication problem between staffs (if we take Tae's statement for true) when planning the performance and he should release an apology. Until then, fuck him.
The ignorance you've displayed in these and other comments combined with your lack of irony is interesting.

Along with the rapper vs idol stuff, your random usage of a non-essential descriptor for the Asian Junkie site admin suggests you are/were cross.

We regularly troll and playfully chide other members in this thread in addition to celebs. That "rappers = unprofessional" remark doesn't come across that way, even if you'll later decide to play it off as "lol jk guyz."

Did Wiz go on a tirade that I'm not aware of? If not, why the need for you to don your cape and bang out missives in defence of Taeyeon? AFAIK, he didn't make any vitriolic comments about her** and was merely clarifying that he wasn't at fault for the cancellation (which he would've continued being questioned on due to assumptions). Sure, he could have left out the "rejection" part, but either way nothing in Khalifa's tweet warrants that type of response.

For someone who claims to not care about a performance by an apparent random (who somehow managed to be invited to MAMA) you've typed more posts in a less than 24hr period on this one subject that I can remember you ever doing for any others. And no.. I'm not a Wiz Khalifa stan so this reply wasn't spurred on by that.

**if he did, please let me know. I like having an informed stance on a subject.

Pendulum

DJ Bonics posted a brief video of Taeyeon and Wiz practicing, but was then "asked to take it down". Someone grabbed it before that.

Interesting to note that in a previous DJ Bonics post a MR version looks to exist. As to why it wasn't used at the show, we can only speculate (actually, you can speculate. I'm done with this.)

PInk Tape

Banned
·feist·;225891091 said:
**if he did, please let me know. I like having an informed stance on a subject.

As far as I'm aware he did not disparage her in any way. The tweet that is posted in this thread is the only mention of her and the performance on his timeline as far as I can tell.

I don't get the vitriol being thrown at him either. The way I read it is that he was lettting people know what happened and that he had no idea why the plan was changed last minute.

He's not upset with her or anything.

PInk Tape

Banned
omg you and me both ; ___ ;

they are so, so sweet <3 i luvs them~

Did you see Exo's performance? I thought it was pretty good ^^ <3

Poor Chen ripped his pants during it tho ;_;

Don't know if anybody has noticed this before, but the Korean Music Awards has Apple Music playlists for their award categories, good way to discover some new music.

A select few:

Thanks for the links. I'll bookmark them for later ~<3

Boss Mog

I guess it doesn't even matter whose fuck up caused the collab not to happen, it's just sad that we won't ever get to see or hear it.

It's sad for Taeyeon too because she would've gained a lot of exposure from it. "See You Again" still gets 2-3 million views per day on Youtube. I'm sure the collab video would've quickly jumped into an upper spot in a Youtube search for the song.

Did you see Exo's performance? I thought it was pretty good ^^ <3

Poor Chen ripped his pants during it tho ;_;

Thanks for the links. I'll bookmark them for later ~<3

noooo, not yet. im trying to see all the clips, havent gotten around to exo yet... aaah poor chen ;__;

thanks for the heads up though, exo boys are lovely too <3

llehuty

A sad day for this community, I thought we were over onehallyu level discussions.

Anyway, gayos are just around the corner and I can't wait!

And KARD being only 4 members is weird as fuck, let's see how it goes, queen Somin can't do no wrong (even though this is going to be her third debut, yikes). Kasper and Youngji would had given a lot of exposure and fans to the group so early on...

Ahahahaha another stain on the Great Trash Leader.

Y'all enjoy stabbing each other, I'll be at the smoking section with some Johnnie Walker Blue in hand.

So yesterday he did'nt knew why, but call her out anyway. Now suddenly knows why.

XmvPSL4.png

BUT, MAMA staff released a statement explaining what happened, and guess what, it was his staff fault.

If anything, it's Mnet's fault to communicate at the last minute that the performance was canceled. NOTHING justifies his unprofessional attitude calling out another artist the way he did.

inb4 he keeps denying everything Mnet and Tae said because not knowing when to shut his damn mouth.

LMAOOOOOOO

Trans: "I didn't go to the hospital... I said I'm washing up now after waiting for you."

ryan-ts

So yesterday he did'nt knew why, but call her out anyway. Now suddenly knows why.

XmvPSL4.png

BUT, MAMA staff released a statement explaining what happened, and guess what, it was his staff fault.

If anything, it's Mnet's fault to communicate at the last minute that the performance was canceled. NOTHING justifies his unprofessional attitude calling out another artist the way he did.

inb4 he keeps denying everything Mnet and Tae said because not knowing when to shut his damn mouth.

LMAOOOOOOO

Trans: "I didn't go to the hospital... I said I'm washing up now after waiting for you."

I'm taking Wiz' side on this one. Taeyeon is a big doo doo head.

Niks

So much drama...

They should just release the song on itunes or something, and everyone would be happy.
end of story.

Top Bottom