• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

llehuty

Hmmmmmmm

kpop reddit said:
Seems like the lineup is most likely going to be consisting of Matthew, Taehyung, Jiwoo & Kasper as they all started following KARD on instagram. I imagine Somin may be a member too since the other members started following her on instagram and she's been posting practice room pics recently.
BM stands for Big Matthew, the name of Matthew's instagram account. Taehyung's stage name will probably be J.Seph, to match his instagram account name.

I completely forgot Kasper had signed with DSP. (Hope she has worked a bit her confidence). This could easily become one of my favourite groups if is the music is half decent.

Pendulum

Anybody know what happened to Zion.T?

Does Teddy(or is it Tablo) also have a dungeon?

Yeah, Teddy's label. Zion T was on SMTM5 and released a couple of songs through that, but same can be asked of hyukoh - signed with Tablo's label in July last year, have only put out 2 soundtrack songs since. You get a dungeon, you get a dungeon, everybody gets a dungeon!

Eldren

Posting again for posterity:

[STATION] HYOYEON 효연_Mystery_Music Video

nAEUbLk.png

I'm so proud of her, I love it

Also Cheng Xiao is Suzying WJSN so hard these days. Get that money.

I don't watch dramas. I don't miss Suzy.

Er.. *Nayoung/Nayeon, Nayoung/Nayeon, Nayoung/Nayeon*

What has that guy group from Mamamoo's company been up to?
While they need to work on their stage presence and overall polish, they seemed to have some talent and potential to be better.

blackpink.jpg

BlackPink —— NYLON JAPAN 1月号 【BLACKPINK】表紙スペシャルムービー

http://www.nylon.jp/BLACKPINK

Also Cheng Xiao is Suzying WJSN so hard these days. Get that money.
Which worries me. I like WJSN.

chaeyeon, blackpink, hani, best hyorin, luna, cheng xiao

Yeah, Teddy's label. Zion T was on SMTM5 and released a couple of songs through that, but same can be asked of hyukoh - signed with Tablo's label in July last year, have only put out 2 soundtrack songs since. You get a dungeon, you get a dungeon, everybody gets a dungeon!

So can we start calling Teddy "Papa Teddy" as well since he seems to share traits from his old boss? Lol.

Anyway, I knew it was a mistake for Zion.T to leave Amoeba Culture. He skyrocketed in popularity thanks to Infinite Challenge and squandered all that away... smh.

I honestly forgot about him until about 3 minutes before I posted that, Two Melodies came on my playlist and I was like "whatever happened to Zion.T?" lol.

Anyway, I knew it was a mistake for Zion.T to leave Amoeba Culture. He skyrocketed in popularity thanks to Infinite Challenge and squandered all that away... smh.
He's been at Teddy's label for like 10 minutes lol. Give him chance.

Highgrnd has been nothing but a disappointment however.

llehuty

Produce 201 hype. Seeing how popular it ended up being, I'm expecting it being super competitive. Every trainee and their mom would try to get in this. It will definitely have more following in the early stages (but will quickly fall when people start to miss I.O.I.

I hope bigger companies don't take the show hostage, it was ok knowing that Somi was going to make it by default, but more tjan that would be boring.

Pendulum

Good lord, ARMYs are salty as fuck about Twice winning song of the year... it's gross.

That's the award show norm, unfortunately. Last month I.O.I fans were salty about Black Pink and EXO fans were salty about BTS for winning their respective awards at Melon. It can't honestly be argued that any other song had as big an impact as "Cheer Up" this year. I'm happy BTS won Artist of the Year - well deserved.

---

K.A.R.D teaser - Jeon Somin & J.Seph

---

Dream Catcher teaser - Sua

Male trainees?? I guess since the huge flop of that other 'male P101' with the different group concepts or whatever, they're keeping the success formula. Still I wonder if it'll have the same impact as it could have with a 2nd season of female trainees...
I mean, I love male idols but there's more of an 'innocence' when it comes to female idols that suits the concept of this huge show.

llehuty

Male trainees?? I guess since the huge flop of that other 'male P101' with the different group concepts or whatever, they're keeping the success formula. Still I wonder if it'll have the same impact as it could have with a 2nd season of female trainees...
I mean, I love male idols but there's more of an 'innocence' when it comes to female idols that suits the concept of this huge show.
It will have a huge impact anyway, letting fangirls choose a male group lineup, sounds like the perfect mess. I guess mnet have zero hope in the 24boys getting some attention.

A real bummer.

llehuty

Highlight of MAMA was Ha Ji Won in that dress when giving out the price to BTS
Cosigned.

Performances were just ok, nothing very memorable, very light on remixes. Taeyeon stage was cool, but that song is so bland.

Davichi not performing was also quite stupid, and I'm surprised they didn't shoehorn an Unpretty Rapstar performance or something.

Boss Mog

Glad I.O.I, won since it was their only chance at winning anything ever.

Will they ever give any info on why the Taeyeon and Wiz collab fell through?

highlight clips from mama pls? i fell asleep last night.... was with llehuty and luso at the irc, but then my flu meds got to me and zzzzzzzz

grats to all the winners :>

Pendulum

2016 MAMA red carpet + performances
Red carpet
[2016 MAMA] Red Carpet_SEVENTEEN(세븐틴)
[2016 MAMA] Red Carpet_Lee Tae-min(태민)
[2016 MAMA] Red Carpet_GOT7
[2016 MAMA] Red Carpet_I.O.I(아이오아이)
[2016 MAMA] Red Carpet_TWICE
[2016 MAMA] Red Carpet_BTS(방탄소년단)
[2016 MAMA] Red Carpet_Suzy(수지)
[2016 MAMA] Red Carpet_TAEYEON(태연)
[2016 MAMA] Red Carpet_EXO

Red carpet performances
[2016 MAMA] Red Carpet_NCT Dream 〈Chewing Gum〉
[2016 MAMA] Red Carpet_SF9 〈Fanfare〉
[2016 MAMA] Red Carpet_I.O.I(아이오아이) 〈Dream Girls〉

Performances
[2016 MAMA] NCT - DANCE CONNCECTION + Black On Black
[2016 MAMA] Lee Tae-min(태민) - Guess Who + Soldier + Goodbye
[2016 MAMA] GFRIEND&SEVENTEEN - Dance Perf. + Rough
[2016 MAMA] GFRIEND&SEVENTEEN - BOOM BOOM + NAVILLERA + Adore U Musical ver. + VERY NICE
[2016 MAMA] Suzy&BAEKHYUN - Dream
[2016 MAMA] Zico - Eureka + Boys and Girls
[2016 MAMA] FANXY CHILD - Bermuda TRIANGLE
[2016 MAMA] DEAN/CRUSH - D(Half Moon)/Don't Forget
[2016 MAMA] MONSTA X - Fighter
[2016 MAMA] NCT 127/Taeyong&Jooheon - Fire Truck/Rap Perf.
[2016 MAMA] Lee Juck&Sangji Koh&Kim You Jung - Envy+Don't Worry Part.1+Don't Worry Part.2
[2016 MAMA] I.O.I - PICK ME + Very Very Very
[2016 MAMA] Timbaland & Eric Nam - Body
[2016 MAMA] TWICE - Cheer up + TT
[2016 MAMA] BTS - FIRE
[2016 MAMA] BewhY&PREPIX - Forever
[2016 MAMA] BewhY&YIRUMA&PREPIX - Day Day
[2016 MAMA] BTS - Boys Meets Evil Part.1 + Boy Meets Evil Part.2 + Blood Sweat&Tears
[2016 MAMA] TAEYEON - RAIN
[2016 MAMA] EXO - TRANSFORMER + MONSTER

BTS so good. Can Big Hit take some of the knowledge they've learned with BTS these past few years (post-GLAM) and apply it to a new girl group please? Still plenty of room for someone to step up into the gaps left by 4Minute and 2NE1.
(kinda amazing that GLAM was a collab between Big Hit, and Source Music - who manage GFriend. I guess GLAM was really a learning experience)

isuzu

BTS so good. Can Big Hit take some of the knowledge they've learned with BTS these past few years (post-GLAM) and apply it to a new girl group please? Still plenty of room for someone to step up into the gaps left by 4Minute and 2NE1.

expect it when BTS is self producing 100%

The fact that he said it in public is not cool at all too, although, i wonder what could have made her regret to perform. Interesting drama.

h9pvGW1.png

Boss Mog

The fact that he said it in public is not cool at all too, although, i wonder what could have made her regret to perform. Interesting drama.

h9pvGW1.png

Wow, I wonder why she backed out. While it'll probably be considered really rude by Korean standards that he called her out, I kind of get why he did it, I have a strong feeling people would have blamed him for pulling out rather than her.

WelcomeToNeoGafHipHop.jpg

The same thing i said to the gay dude that runs Asian Junkie.

He did'nt had to say anything, MAMA was getting all the hate, not one of the artists involved. What if SM backed out? What if she had a specific reason for not doing it? What if Mnet changed something at the last minute and somebody was not ok with that?

You don't know that, the public does'nt know that, what they know now is that SHE backed out without ANY reason at all, just cause one of the people involved says so. It's intentional drama, no way to think otherwise.

Very different than MAMA saying in a timely manner that the performance was canceled for whatever reason they could do. This was not the first time a performance like this was canceled so.

Boss★Moogle;225875393 said:
Wow, I wonder why she backed out. While it'll probably be considered really rude by Korean standards that he called her out, I kind of get why he did it, I have a strong feeling people would have blamed him for pulling out rather than her.

People don't even know who the fuck is him, MAMA/Mnet was getting all the hate.

luso

Boss★Moogle;225875393 said:

Maybe you are talking about his fans?
She's successful, female singer, from SNSD, antis would have a way to stir up shit and point fingers to her. Any given oppa would never get such responses.

Edit: yes, so far MAMA was having the sole "blame". BTW , to me this is a no-drama issue, things will not always get done as planned, I guess some people really just want to stir things.

Eldren

The same thing i said to the gay dude that runs Asian Junkie.

I don't think he's gay. Unless you were using it as an insult in which case don't be gross.

People don't even know who the fuck is him, MAMA/Mnet was getting all the hate.

Pretty sure people know who he is, like Boss Moogle said See You Again has like 2.2 billion views on Youtube. Not to mention Black & Yellow was pretty big.

roaSone

This already happened back in 2011 with 2NE1 and BEP. Mnet should just stop every collaboration tries between US and Korean artists.

This already happened back in 2011 with 2NE1 and BEP. Mnet should just stop every collaboration tries between US and Korean artists.

And they even had everything set up, rehearsals and everything. It's not surprising at all, that's why this is not special at all.

Somebody opening their mouth to say stuff you should keep behind the curtain is the problem.

Top Bottom