• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Anyway

I.O.I were in knowing brothers and apparently the other members played a nasty prank on poor Nayoung.

They should really stop doing this stuff.... poor girl crying more than when she won a MAMA award or whn she was confirmed as part of I.O.I

Nayoung is a massive cry baby, only 2nd behind Yoojung in that regard. It was ridiculous on that 360 show with Leeteuk and he was talking about "even Stone Nayoung is crying". It shouldn't surprise anyone that Leeteuk has the social perception of an actual stone, but it seems like he isn't the only one that has that impression of her from P101. She isn't emotionless, far from it.

https://youtu.be/y1krXwbUeJo?t=2753

Pendulum

·feist·;225823659 said:
What has that guy group from Mamamoo's company been up to?
They just announced their fanclub name - 브로콜리 (VROCCOLI/Broccoli)
136e38de0a5fecfdbb120ba1d0f6d88797ed29da_hq.gif

Won the vote on their fan cafe - "Broccoli spelled with a V. Broccoli has 5 benefits, one of which is providing energy. VROMANCE can provide "VROCCOLI" with energy through their singing, and "VROCCOLI" can support VROMANCE with their energy."

^

that gif is so weird and hypnotic and i can't turn my head away from ittttttt aaaaaaa

steam brocolli with a little bit of gravy is delicious :>

ryan-ts

Sure man, sure.

JzaX2Pv.png

Dat backtracking. They switched their facts like 5 times now, LMAO.

Taeyeon deserves 100% of the blame...

100% of the blame for no performance.

100% of the blame for the actions of Park Geun Hye.

100% of the blame for the extinction of the Dodo bird.

Shall I keep going or will you admit defeat?

neoism

So yesterday he did'nt knew why, but call her out anyway. Now suddenly knows why.

XmvPSL4.png

BUT, MAMA staff released a statement explaining what happened, and guess what, it was his staff fault.

If anything, it's Mnet's fault to communicate at the last minute that the performance was canceled. NOTHING justifies his unprofessional attitude calling out another artist the way he did.

inb4 he keeps denying everything Mnet and Tae said because not knowing when to shut his damn mouth.

LMAOOOOOOO

Trans: "I didn't go to the hospital... I said I'm washing up now after waiting for you."
What dumb ass he should lay off the weed soo much and learn to fucking spell😠

Is this an original song or something? It's a cute song though. I thought it was a random cover stage last week, but it seems the song itself is on the charts as well.

When does Seventeen not deliver?

Edit: Seventeen (세븐틴) - HIGHLIGHT - love this track too

You guys laugh, but sources say Wiz Khalifa gave her the hat.

Sorry, llehuty. I can't in good faith support OT9 featuring Perfect Mina Imperialist Mina until she reflects and atones for this injustice.

Apink x Dingo Music —— [100초로 듣는] 에이핑크

Bae Doo Na —— | HIGH CUT | 우리들의 배두나

Oh My Girl x SafePeople —— [MV] 오마이걸(OH MY GIRL)_안전신문고

Yubin (Wonder Girls) —— DAZED DECEMBER ISSUE_LET'S GET DOWN

Cheng Xiao (WJSN/Cosmic Girls) —— 앳스타일(@star1) 11월호 샤이니 민호 화보 촬영현장 스케치

[NYLON TV KOREA] 도시에 흑형들이 떴다!

Sejeong (I.O.I/Gugudan) x Dingo Music —— [세로라이브] 세정(구구단) - Jelly box 꽃길 (Prod. By ZICO)

[InstyleKoreaTV] D-1, AOMG 가 총출동하는 이유는?

Park Shin Hye x Vogue —— 박신혜 x 보그 코리아

Kim Yuna x J. Estina —— 제이에스티나 김연아 & 박보검 TV CF, 메리 레드 크리스마스 (MERRY RED CHRISTMAS)

Shin Min A x 1stLook —— Vol.122 WINTER PLAY
Shin Min A x Allets —— [VOD] LET'S SHARE THE HEART 신민아

Park Bo Young —— CeCi 12월호 Cover Star 박보영의 특별한 인터뷰
Park Bo Young —— 쎄씨 12월호 박보영 메이킹 필름

I.O.I x Elite —— [엘리트 핏PL 드라마] 제 2화 사랑은 돌아오는거야
I.O.I x Elite —— [엘리트 핏PL 드라마] 제 3화 딱 맞아!

R1920x0

Hyunyoung x Glance

처진 팔뚝살과 거북목이 고민이라면? [Rainbow Hyunyoung(조현영) Catchup! Fitness 1편]

뭉친 어깨와 다리 근육을 풀어주는 동작 [Rainbow Hyunyoung(조현영) Catchup! Fitness 2편]

다리 붓기와 뱃살 제거에 효과적인 동작 [Rainbow Hyunyoung(조현영) Catchup! Fitness 3편]

윗배 군살 제거와 골반 교정에 효과적인 동작 [Rainbow Hyunyoung(조현영) Catchup! Fitness 4편]

다리 부기 제거와 유연성을 동시에! ! [Rainbow Hyunyoung(조현영) Catchup! Fitness 5편]

갖고싶은 엉덩이, 힙업&탄탄한 허벅지를 동시에! [Rainbow Hyunyoung(조현영) Catchup! Fitness 6편]

Won the vote on their fan cafe - "Broccoli spelled with a V. Broccoli has 5 benefits, one of which is providing energy. VROMANCE can provide "VROCCOLI" with energy through their singing, and "VROCCOLI" can support VROMANCE with their energy."
Why did I ask... Thx tho

Pendulum

Boss Mog

I'm kinda culturally ignorant. What's the problem? Is that equivalent to the confederate flag or something?

Yeah the rising sun flag (with the rays coming out of it) was the flag Japan used for its military and in Korea it's a reminder of the Japanese occupation and it's a big no-no.

Back in August, Tiffany from Girls Generation posted a picture using a Tokyo snapchat filter that has a rising sun flag design after she had performed in Japan, to thank the fans and she had to deal with a shit-ton of backlash. It also didn't help that this happened on Korea's independence day or maybe it was the day after I forget. She was forced to quit Sister's Slam Dunk, the reality show she was doing at the time, and had to stay off social media for like months in exile and couldn't do anything pretty much, she was suppose to reflect on what she did. One time she went on Instagram like a month after to wish another member a Happy Birthday and people got pissed saying she was supposed to be reflecting.

Keep in mind also though that some Kpop fans in Korea are pretty crazy and actually hate more artists than they like and these anti-fans will jump at the chance of any scandal involving somebody they hate to pile on and blow it even more out of proportion. Tiffany, even though she is like the sweetest girl you'll ever meet, she has a ton of haters in Korea, probably because she's American.

It's kinda weird seeing Eunha wearing heels and looking sexy

Maybe this was posted already but there's an extended clip of the Taeyeon/Wiz rehearsal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxsIz9pHfdM It would've been so good, such a shame, Taeyeon really lost out on this one.

I'm kinda culturally ignorant. What's the problem? Is that equivalent to the confederate flag or something?
Apologies if you are up on this already (not sure if you were only asking about the flag):

Many of the problems in the region can be traced to lingering effects of Chinese, Japanese and British/Western imperialism, (some of which is still current) and some centuries-old conflicts.

Along with what's been mentioned, this is one of the most contested topics:

The islands are known as Dokdo/Tokdo to the Koreans, Takeshima to the Japanese, and Liancourt Rocks to some foreigners. Ownership of the islands has been contested for a long time. Things got worse once it was discovered that there are valuable natural resources there.

Dokdo is one of the few things North and South Korea agree on.

Dokdo or Takeshima
http://archive.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/02/dokdo_or_takeshima.html

Profile: Dokdo/Takeshima islands
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19207086

South Korea makes a point about its claim on islands disputed with Japan
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...44ed34-0e20-11e2-bb5e-492c0d30bff6_story.html

South Korea prints 15,000 brochures to promote claim to East Sea islands disputed with Japan
http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/artic...hures-promote-claim-east-sea-islands-disputed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liancourt_Rocks_dispute

l07_15653063-1.jpg

In a protest, South Korean army veterans cut off the necks of live pheasants - Japan's national bird - dropping blood on Japanese flags outside the Japanese embassy in Seoul on July 17, 2008

Some of the regional disputes are simply due to ego and/or basic nationlism, while others are far deeper than that.

How an Ancient Kingdom Explains Today's China-Korea Relations
https://www.theatlantic.com/china/a...explains-todays-china-korea-relations/274986/

K-Pop Stars Become Scapegoats in China’s Protests Against Anti-Missile Deployment
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/213...nas-protests-against-anti-missile-deployment/

China Bans KPop: What about MAMA 2016?
http://www.trippedmedia.com/industry/china-bans-kpop-mama-2016/201289/

China denies banning K-pop in dispute over missile defences
http://www.completemusicupdate.com/...nning-k-pop-in-dispute-over-missile-defences/

Fans angry after Chinese K-pop stars display patriotism [heated "nine-dash line" controversy]
http://www.tnp.sg/news/world-news/fans-angry-after-chinese-k-pop-stars-display-patriotism

China-Japan-Korea often get most of the international attention, but you have many other problems with Taiwan, Vietnam, Philippines, etc.

RedEther

Is this an original song or something? It's a cute song though. I thought it was a random cover stage last week, but it seems the song itself is on the charts as well.

I think it's an original song made for the group, it's a shame that this was their last performance though.

I'm hoping the gayos will resurrect them

Conceptor

I.O.I were in knowing brothers and apparently the other members played a nasty prank on poor Nayoung.

Nayoung is a massive cry baby, only 2nd behind Yoojung in that regard. It was ridiculous on that 360 show with Leeteuk and he was talking about "even Stone Nayoung is crying". It shouldn't surprise anyone that Leeteuk has the social perception of an actual stone, but it seems like he isn't the only one that has that impression of her from P101. She isn't emotionless, far from it.
I'm only halfway through the episode but the hidden camera was something else. You can see Nayoung's composure getting progressively worse before Yoojung ends it.

I'm not looking forward to the end of January :(

I didn't know Yewon also managed to escape Star Empire god bless!! She joined Jellyfish, together with ex-Dal Shabet's Jiyul recently <3

Jellyfish Twitter also hashtagged them in the promo for the company's upcoming xmas album. It would be amazing if they actually utilize their vocals (especially yewon) rather than just promote them as actors.

15338471_1542034715823601_367186533775572992_n.jpg

It's about that time of the year so I have to ask...favorite Kpop songs of 2016?

For me:

1) Ladies Code- Galaxy
2) Wonder Girls- Why So Lonely?
3) SHINEE- 1 of 1
4) Stellar- Sting
5) BLACKPINK- Whistle

IMO 2015 was a much better year but this year was alright too. What about y'all?

llehuty

It's about that time of the year so I have to ask...favorite Kpop songs of 2016?

For me:

1) Ladies Code- Galaxy
3) SHINEE- 1 of 1
4) Stellar- Sting
5) BLACKPINK- Whistle

IMO 2015 was a much better year but this year was alright too. What about y'all?

The year is not over.

And that list doesn't include Dal Shabet, Brave Girls, Gain and the superior SHINee single.

1 of 1 really brought me that nostalgic Backstreet Bop. I'm not sure their ballads can compare.

But yes I have to give props to the underrated icons Brave Girls and OH MY GIRL! Pray for a f(x) comeback next year.

For me:

1) Ladies Code- Galaxy
3) SHINEE- 1 of 1
4) Stellar- Sting
5) BLACKPINK- Whistle

My favorites of the year so far;
5. GOT7 - &#50500;&#54028; (Sick)
4. GOT7 - Prove It
3. Jay Park - I Got This
2. Sik-K (&#49885;&#52992;&#51060;) - Nowhere Feat. LOCO (&#47196;&#44844;)
1. Crush (&#53356;&#47084;&#49772;) - 2411

Cmagus

Hmm top 5 so far (I think)

1. Red Velvet - Russian Roulette
2. BTS - Hey Mama (J-Hope)
3. Gain - Carnival (The Last Day)
4. I.O.I - M-Maybe
5. Twice - T.T

I wrote down what initially came to mind. In no particular order, but I can never make up my mind for lists like this anyway.

P101 - In the same place
Hyosung - Find Me
Brave Girls - Deepened
Dal Shabet - Someone like U
KNK - Knock
AOA Cream - I'm jelly baby

llehuty

^ Really good lists there. (And by there, I mean, last page :p)

I imagine is too much to ask, but I need No No Eul's updated playlist to make sure I'm not missing anything for my end of the year lists ;_; (I will post them in January, but it takes time to trim and classify).

In other news, I miss Shabet on Air and Namu Cast (or any other backstage clips/slice of life show featuring groups that I like).

Edit: New page magic

2016%2B-%2B1

Top Bottom