• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

I love Prove It. Jackson is just.....

tumblr_nwot10DeKn1toro8yo1_500.gif

*.*

Boss Mog

I guess since people are doing their favorite tracks of the year here's mine:

Taeyeon - Why
Taeyeon - Rain
Taeyeon - 11:11
Tiffany - Heartbreak Hotel
Girls' Generation - Sailing (0805)
SISTAR - I Like That
EXID - L.I.E
I.O.I - Whatta Man
BLACKPINK - Playing With Fire
4Minute - Hate
Stellar - Crying
LADIES' CODE - The Rain
Wonder Girls - Why So Lonely
AOA - Give Me The Love

There's plenty of other tracks I really enjoyed this year, these are just the ones that stood out the most for me.

EDIT: I forgot Red Velvet - One Of These Nights. The song is absolutely beautiful and it's the first song that ever brought a tear to my eye, I love it, I just didn't listen to it that much because it's so depressing.

My list in no order...

Blackpink - Playing With Fire / Whistle
Crush - 9 to 5
Fei - Fantasy
HEIZE - Shut Up and Groove(feat. DEAN)
Jungkey - I Don't Want(feat. Sojung from Ladies' Code)
Lee Hi - Hold My Hand
Red Velvet - One Of These Nights
Shinee - 1 of 1
Ladies' Code - Galaxy / The Rain / Chaconne
Jay Park - Solo(feat Hoody) / The Truth is / Aquaman
Jay Park, Kirin - City Breeze
Bolbbalgan4 - Chocolate / You (=I)
SURAN - Paradise Go
Urban Zakapa - I Don't Love You
CL - Lifted
Ailee - Home / If You
Kisum - No Jam / Free Time

The secret to this list is that the one's that I linked are definitely in the top 10, still in no order though lol.

Boss Mog

I love how much effort they put into the production of this MV and then her next video for Bikini looks like it was filmed and edited in an hour
by a creepy old man

Wow those are some low production values on that Bikini video, reminds me a lot of this. Also,who's that in your avatar? The baseball cap and pigtails make me think of Seohyun in IGAB but it doesn't really look like Seohyun.

llehuty

DSP putting work in that KARD hype machine.

[Trailer] Jiwoo Solo Performance
[Trailer] J.Seph Solo Performance

Still curious about the role of the hidden D, there is a short glimpse of a shot of only four of them inside a car at the end of the second teaser. And also this.

Do we even have debut date?

Edit: I did some research, and apparently the final group will have 7 members? So I guess Youngji and Kasper will likely be part of it. They will have 3 album releases before the final lineup. Next member will be revealed on the 8th, and looks like they are debuting on the 12th (or at least they are having a showcase).

vanty

Who is Somin?

Also, who is some other girl with a name starting with S I think who has terrible blonde hair and won one of the recent music shows for a staggeringly boring song?

People seem to be into them but I have no idea who they are so maybe they're from one of those trainee elimination shows? All I've seen from those is some fancam from the not-Twice one.

llehuty

Who is Somin?

Also, who is some other girl with a name starting with S I think who has terrible blonde hair and won one of the recent music shows for a staggeringly boring song?

People seem to be into them but I have no idea who they are so maybe they're from one of those trainee elimination shows? All I've seen from those is some fancam from the not-Twice one.

Somin is ex-Puretty, ex-Baby Kara, ex-April DSP goddess that looks like Hara and is a good singer. And looks like she will finally get a group with a concept that suits her in KARD.

Sejeong is one of the most popular I.O.I members (if not the most popular right now). She is very charismatic and talented. She is also part of gugudan, but nobody really cares about this group at this point.

Get into the new wave of talent, vanty.

vanty

I rather listen to music than bother with all this shit. I think the only Korean shows I've watched all year were the Blackpink show with the two fat old guys and a Running Man episode that Mijoo was on.

So IOI members are also in other groups? All of them, or just some?

And you know I'm all about dat lil alien YooAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA real talent

llehuty

I rather listen to music than bother with all this shit. I think the only Korean shows I've watched all year were the Blackpink show with the two fat old guys and a Running Man episode that Mijoo was on.

So IOI members are also in other groups? All of them, or just some?

And you know I'm all about dat lil alien YooAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA real talent
IOI is disbanding in one month and all of the girls will go back to their agencies. They wer allowed to do side promo at the same time, so Sejeong and Mina are in gugudan, Chaeyeon is in DIA, yeonjung is in Cosmic Girls and I think that's it. Pinky and Nayoung are part of Pledis Girlz, Dayeon and Yoojung will probably debut in a jellyfish girl group, Somi will go back to JYPs dungeon, Sohye will try acting, I guess. Who knows what Chungha will do, though.

And Somin is the superior alien, don't really care about overdancer Yooa.

No No Eul

A more thorough explanation as to why the Wiz Khalifa / Taeyeon collaboration didn't happen, if anyone still cares.

I like this a lot. (I'm also really enjoying the song that she was briefly accused of plagiarising.)

I imagine is too much to ask, but I need No No Eul's updated playlist to make sure I'm not missing anything for my end of the year lists ;_;

I'll get around to it eventually, I promise. Hopefully sometime before Christmas.

And Somin is the superior alien, don't really care about overdancer Yooa.

I thought you were cool, llehutybro.
:p

Hoody EP hype!

Jessica said:

Pendulum

Catching up on Hip Hop Nation 2. Anyone else watching it? Episode 7 - I don't believe
Michelle Lee and Chang Giyong actually got a tie

Watched the latest Knowing Brothers with IOI and I haven't followed jack shit about IOI so I gotta ask, is that really it?

Besides a few EOY performances, they're just disbanding just like that?

That's kinda fncking amazing actually that they're just willing to let them go, they seemed like they actually have some chemistry going on and would likely last long if they stayed together.

For me the standouts were Sejeong, Somi, Mina, Doyeon(but only because she looks a lot like one of my faves, Anda lol). Sohye and the Chinese gal seemed pretty cool too but there wasn't enough airtime to really win me over.

Anyway, as somebody that basically just got introduced to them just today... did I actually miss out on them or nah? I've seen a lot of y'all post about them but I didn't care since from the snippets I saw, they were another girl group formed thanks to a TV show so I was kinda ehh at the idea. But after that episode, I'm wondering if there was actually something substantial that I missed.

Not really feeling the new Suran track, it's basically a vocal fellatio ballad and while she still has one of the best voices in all of K-Pop this release is just bleh. More so since this year had a number of great ballads and two of them are probably in my top 5 this year so eh.

Now for Hoody's track, I love it but what is up with that video? That's some morbid ass shit yo. Going back to the music, yeah I'm in love. Hoody's chill vocals and the groovy backing track meshes so well, then add in Jinbo's verses... it's seriously a great combo. Really hoping this is indicative of the quality of her full album, that's probably one of my most anticipated releases this month.

I had a feeling Peejay produced this bop judging from the first teaser and it looks like I was right according to AOMG's Facebook. The dude can produce some groovy ass shit. Walkin' Vol.1 is still one of my favorite albums from last year too.

Demoskinos

Whelp might as well join in the track listings.

1.Blackpink - Whistle(휘파람)
2.TAEYEON - Why (태연)
3.4MINUTE - Hate (싫어)
4.YOUNHA(윤하) Get It?(알아듣겠지) (Feat. HA:TFELT, CHEETAH(치타)
5.마마무 (MAMAMOO) - Décalcomanie (데칼코마니)

R.I.P to 4minute Hate is probs one of my favorite songs they ever released and then poof gone. :(

llehuty

People doing end of the year lists when we still have to come, this month, new Hoody, new LOONA solo debut, KARD debut, new Sica and new Twice, smh.

New LOONA member revealed, Ha Seul
Looks like a departure from the more cute images of the first two. Curious about what type of release she will make.

JESSICA (제시카) - WONDERLAND Official Music Video Teaser 2
Not a ballad!

donguy - Sweet & Sour (feat. C.O.V.V) Official Teaser
Don't kow any of these, but it sounds fantastic.

헤이미스(HEYMISS)- 넘버원(NO1) MV
헤이미스 NO1 - 안무영상 Dance Practice
There is a chance I already posted this, but damn, that glorious engrish delivers! I like the beat, but there is something really off about the vocals.

KARD partial group pic
M4gKkAF.jpg

I don't feel like this group really needs 2 more members, but we will see.

kyungri working that idol network

luso

Co-ed group? This going to end bad. Wasn't there a similar group in the past full of trouble?

2016 ending, generation shift completed. Older groups ending, disbanding, declining (or just stalled). Started with Red Velvet, ending with BlackPink. For male groups I'm not so sure about dates.

Another trophy(?) for BTS?

Pendulum

Choi Soon Shil revealed to have embezzled KCon France money investments
Key points:
700M won (approx US$604,000) was the invested amount. A portion of this never went to funding KCon France.
Embezzlement was through ministry of Culture, Sport, Tourism
Contracts were obtained by the Money Today (the ones who wrote this article) on the 20th (article published on the 21st)
The 700M won were transferred to Playground. Playground is one of the companies that Choi Soon Shil own (she uses an alias for ownership). One payment of 500M won, another of 200M won.
President Park Geun Hye also visited a booth at Kcon France. The company's booth has connections to Playground.
Playground was created Oct 2015. Playground has already been having CF deals with companies like KT, Hyundai, and Kia, all worth large sums.

---

IDOL 360 WORLD(아이돌360월드):OH MY GIRL(오마이걸)_White(화이트) [360VR]

Top Bottom