• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

PInk Tape

Banned
This is an awesome song, but the guys being rappers and the girls doing the vocals feels a bit too expected from a co-ed group. Especially because the guys are labelled 'ace' and 'king' and the girls are both 'jokers' while they are the ones carrying the song... Still a bit pressed over that. They have a cool dynamic though.

My thoughts exactly tbh.

llehuty

161212 K.A.R.D Debut Party - Oh NaNa(Hidden. 허영지)
161212 K.A.R.D Debut Party - performance 1(&#48708;&#50656; & &#51228;&#51060;&#49481;) <-- Try hard mess
161212 K.A.R.D Debut Party - performance 2
161212 K.A.R.D Debut Party - performance 3 <-- Really cool 4 minute long dance performance
161212 K.A.R.D Debut Party encore - Oh NaNa(Hidden. &#54728;&#50689;&#51648;) <-- Really chill laid back performance. Also, ad libs galore.

I really like the dynamics they have. The guys step up to the plate in the live performances. The dancing is quite good, with only Somin slacking a bit, but she compensates with the vocals.

Solid debut overall. I'm really looking forward to the music show performances.

--R

Banned
And another album of Big Bang that I don't like. I should give up on trying to enjoy any songs from them.

K.A.R.D is pretty solid tho. Hope they upload the song on Apple Music soon...

K.A.R.D - BM Solo dance performance

K.A.R.D - Oh NaNa M/V Making

R1920x0

So happy for Somin.
Her debut group seemed an afterthought to their company and I still can't take April seriously - musically or otherwise.

K.A.R.D immediately feels a closer match to her style. I hope the guys are able to do more than just rap. Strong dance is good, but the raps (particularly the second verse) aren't good enough.

Some multi-part guy/girl harmonies would be welcome if the guys are capable enough at singing.

Cmagus

Both Big Bang songs are pretty good. The Fxxk it video is pretty cheesy though lol. I haven't picked up their albums yet just a few singles so definitely gonna grab this tonight.

The new Big Bang songs are nice. The video for Last Dance was kinda messing with me though, kept feeling like I was flipping my phone when I'm watching it on a TV. XD

Pendulum

Article says JYPE spent &#8361;500 million won ($429,000 USD) investing in the debut of Twice. Also...
The investment paid off almost immediately, with TWICE receiving contracts to be CF models with 10 different brands just 45 days after their debut. The group earned &#8361;1.8 billion won ($1.54 million USD) making it one of JYP’s best investments ever.

Four months after their debut, the group’s endorsement contracts had risen exponentially to &#8361;300 million won ($257,000 USD). This would mean their 10 contracts would be worth at least &#8361;3 billion won ($2.58 million USD), almost double what they were previous to this.

Tzuyu alone has been reported to have already earned &#8361;1.86 billion won ($1.6million USD) since her debut.

Pendulum

Jihyo and Jong Kook are leaving Running Man. Kang Ho Dong is joining.
Jae Suk is staying. Kwang Soo, Haha, and Suk Jin are reportedly yet to decide.

To be honest, a cast shakeup is what is needed. The 7 original members knew each other too well and it seemed much of the challenge had gone. Hopefully this means we can return to some of the better games or variations thereof (If they don't change the format)

llehuty

^^^Kang Ho Dong? Yuck, I can't stand him. In any case, end of an era, I wonder why everyone is jumping ship now, is the show struggling in ratings?

Dremcatcher (MINX 2.0) road to debut:

Dreamcatcher(&#46300;&#47548;&#52880;&#52432;) 2017_1 Concept Trailer

Their official page features both the Day and Night pictures for each member.
dreamcatcher7.com

And MV finished recording recently:
81792496.1_99_20161212111404.jpg

(What th hell is Ji-U wearing?)

So I guess they are targetting a debut at the end of the year or early next year? HYPE. Hope the debut is at the level of MINX's.

Also, Bolbbalgan4 teasing something for the 19th:

Jihyo and Jong Kook are leaving Running Man. Kang Ho Dong is joining.
Jae Suk is staying. Kwang Soo, Haha, and Suk Jin are reportedly yet to decide.

To be honest, a cast shakeup is what is needed. The 7 original members knew each other too well and it seemed much of the challenge had gone. Hopefully this means we can return to some of the better games or variations thereof If they don't change the format)
Not really bothered about Jihyo but KJK leaving sucks. I'd imagine Kwang Soo wouldn't leave considering his popularity plus Haha tends to follow Jae Suk. Might be a good time for Suk Jin to leave though.

Happy for Hodong though, especially after he had a bunch of shows cancelled. Plus his chemistry with Jae Suk will be fun. Wonder if they'll bring anyone else in...

^^^Kang Ho Dong? Yuck, I can't stand him. In any case, end of an era, I wonder why everyone is jumping ship now, is the show struggling in ratings?
Its been struggling for quite some time now.

Pendulum

In any case, end of an era, I wonder why everyone is jumping ship now, is the show struggling in ratings?

They've been down for a while, and the worst rated episode was in April this year. Plus their better PDs have been moving to China for more lucrative work.

I say a cast change can be a good thing, but we could have a Family Outing 2 or Invincible Youth 2 on the other hand :/

ryan-ts

tumblr_lseoob598I1qia0fb.gif

Well that's it, Running Man is dead. Sad day but most of us following the show have been expecting this for a long time. They had an impressive run, despite some really rough periods between Episode 101 and now.

I'm assuming Gary's departure was a big inspiration for the other members who packed their things. Ratings have been terrible for so long, surprised they didn't start over with a brand new show.

flyover

Jihyo and Jong Kook are leaving Running Man.

I love RM. I just started watching it about two years ago and have caught up on most of the eps. There's never been a show that makes me actually laugh out loud as much.

Yet it seems like it's been on an extended farewell tour for well over a year now, maybe two. Any cast member who wants to continue on has earned the right, but I'd be fine with it just ending.

(That said, it is great when it has the occasional guest that can bring back its mojo -- like Jo Jung-Suk, the chef from Oh My Ghostess, a few weeks back).

JustinBB7

Welp, just end it now, it's my favorite show ever. Gary leaving hurt but at least the rest was still there. Kim Jong Kook is my favorite, and Ji Hyo is the only girl and she's beautiful. Only other Korean show I watch is Hello Counselor, I've seen the guy joining around on award shows and stuff but a new member in the RM group just seems wrong to me at this point. No matter if he's great/fun or not. I'll still watch but just hope it officially ends soon.. going on like this is shit.

PInk Tape

Banned
Overall

Wonderland >>> With Love, J

+: Wonderland has a soft, EDM cutesy sound that doesn't push the envelope or tries to reinvent the wheel. Jessica delivers solid vocals throughout the songs and I find the concept to be adorable. I feel that the songs have a bit more depth this time around compared to her first album.

-: It's not for everyone from a production/songwriting point of view and the fact that it doesn't bring anything new or inventive to the table can be seen as a turn off.

Watched some of the latest Knowing Brothers and Jesus H Christ, I didn't know Hamster was this cute. I think I now know why Dice stans her lol.

Take responsibility, Jong Kook!

Sorry guys, it just wasn't meant to be.

Moon Geun-young or Go Ara is personally my pick if were just to stick with RM guests lol.

Uhyve

I'll miss Ji Hyo, she and Kwang Soo always had a great sibling kinda rivalry.

Honestly though, it kinda felt like it had been over since the end of ep295. That episode felt like the OGs fairwell.

Top Bottom