• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Drummond

Neo Member
It's about that time of the year so I have to ask...favorite Kpop songs of 2016?

For me:

1) Ladies Code- Galaxy
2) Wonder Girls- Why So Lonely?
3) SHINEE- 1 of 1
4) Stellar- Sting
5) BLACKPINK- Whistle

IMO 2015 was a much better year but this year was alright too. What about y'all?

For me:

1. Twice - TT
2. GFriend - Rough
3. 4Minute - Hate
4. Blackpink - Playing With Fire
5. Wonder Girls - Why So Lonely

I think. Have had TT on replay since the day it released, although i didn't like the song the first few times I've heard it.

luso

Seob has a nice car
Audi A5 40 TFSi

Don't Speak ft. Tiffany & King Chaint starts ok but then the build up result is flat.

TT can't be in the top of any list.
I also liked Berry Good "Don't Believe".
Wonder Girls, Rough has my vote.

Someone should set up a survey.

BIGBANG - ‘에라 모르겠다(FXXK IT)’ M/V TEASER

rXdyyOR.jpg

Cmagus

So close now, I need this. Sounds interesting but most of the time it's impossible to tell from teasers so we will see.

Seob has a nice car
Audi A5 40 TFSi

Don't Speak ft. Tiffany & King Chaint starts ok but then the build up result is flat.

TT can't be in the top of any list.
I also liked Berry Good "Don't Believe".
Wonder Girls, Rough has my vote.

Someone should set up a survey.

TT is a really catchy song and that's why it made my list because it just kind of keeps popping in my head from time to time lol. Personally though I thought the Twice mini album was good but nothing amazing.I thought that I.O.I Miss Me was a much better album than Twice's. It's funny because when I started getting into Kpop I wasn't really big on the female groups based on some of the stuff that I had heard before but after checking new stuff and finding things in this thread I've come around on that decision. There have been some damn good singles this year and I'm still stuck on Red Velvet's Russian Roulette it's so damn catchy.

Broank

IMO 2015 was a much better year but this year was alright too. What about y'all?

Yea last year was one of the better years in Kpop honesty. This year was OK but not nearly as good.

A few of my favorites so far this year, that I could think of atm.

"Rough" - GFriend
"ViViD" - LOOΠΔ(HeeJin)
"Free Somebody" - Luna
"Secret" - Taeyeon
"Secret" - Cosmic Girls
"One Step Two Steps" - Oh My Girl
"Light Me Up - Red Velvet
"ATTENTION" - UP10TION

don't really care about overdancer Yooa.

icon_15ssssc.gif

icon_2012hsiz.gif

icon_1437sme.gif

icon_1751s44.gif

icon_1jasus.gif

The world needs more care and love for overdancing alien beans.
tumblr_ohkxwkbysr1ukdk7q1c.gif
tumblr_ohkxwkbysr1ukdbkp3t.gif

ezgif.com-f23d0d7c789bqvx.gif

34xtq8drdzhoc4.gif

Saw thses on my Twitter feed. lol

Oh My Girl 360 VR Cake battle
Oh My Girl and Haha singing in the car

2016 Music Festival MCs
• MBC Gayo Daejejun- YoonA, Sungjoo
• SBS Gayo Daejun- Yuri, Baekhyun, Heeyeol
• KBS Gayo Daechukje- Bogum, Seolhyun

CzMjNIvUQAEr_xh.jpg:large

Pendulum

Watched the latest Knowing Brothers with IOI
Just watched this. That "hidden camera" segment went on for too long.

Anyway, as somebody that basically just got introduced to them just today... did I actually miss out on them or nah? I've seen a lot of y'all post about them but I didn't care since from the snippets I saw, they were another girl group formed thanks to a TV show so I was kinda ehh at the idea. But after that episode, I'm wondering if there was actually something substantial that I missed.
Well, I.O.I (and Produce 101) was one of the biggest things to happen in K-Pop this year, so...
And I am sure that some of them will be familiar faces over the next few years.

Speaking of I.O.I, their last concert sold out in 1 minute. However it seems many tickets were snapped by resellers, and many fansites are still trying to get tickets.

edit: More I.O.I - sub unit on Yang and Nam show from a little while back

Boss Mog

I read that Sejeong's grandfather passed away, I'm guessing it's the one that she sent an emotional message to on Happy Together a few months back. I hope she got to see him before he passed like she wanted to but I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't.

Between I.O.I, Gugudan and her solo activities she was probably one of the busiest idols this year, I mean she was so sleep deprived that in some TV appearances her eyes appeared to be swollen shut almost. I hope Jellyfish won't overwork her too much; she's really something special. She seems so genuine and sincere.

Wow that was painful to listen to the whole way through. Just awful. I don't really see it improving after multiple listens either.

llehuty

Edit: Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

‘Crime Scene 3’ is gonna happen, and it’s time to get hype

Asian Junkie said:
[...] it’s happening in the first half of 2017, according to producer oppar Yoon Hyun Joon

HaniExcite2.gif

I'm still replaying the Somin clip in anticipation. SO GOOD.

This is just ok, but is she targetting being picked for a Disney song or something? The chrous has, hilariously, the same problem than Taeyeon chrous IMO, the instrumental and the vocals just don't match each other, despite both being separetely decent.

I would appreciate her taking some risks with her music, but seems that innocent image is working well with her.

I still can't believe the turnaround this girl has been able to made. She was probably the least popular member in Kara and I don't think anyone thought she had a chance to have a solo singer career. Christmas song is boring, but the other is solid. Dumd DSP.

Pendulum

Wooo Crime Scene 3. The cast is going to have some big shoes to fill.
ucl44Qu.gif

---

So, I read more about KARD, and nobody seems to know if they will be a 7 member group, or a 4 member group with a guest member that will be cycling ala D-Unit (RIP).

This K.A.R.D - Oh NaNa Key point of dance video and calling Youngji a "hidden member" seems to suggest the latter.

---

Oh My Girl @ Immortal Song 2 ('Balloons (풍선)' by Five Fingers (다섯손가락))

---

SNL Korea will stop airing at the end of this year.

Confess, which one did you buy?
Lol, i went to get my recent favorite food, soon dae gook, korean sausage(black) soup. its getting cold in NJ and there's a shop that just sells korean blankets so i went in there to grab a heavy blanket and saw those on the way =)

last night, i saw a bunch of teens blasting TT and dancing to it =) and a few older ones, Fantastic Baby and Overdose.

old kpop
5tion - More Than Words 2002
Jewelry - Again 2002
Q O Q 떠나가라 MV 2002
Rich - Only The Words I Love You 2002

Oh My Girl with an amazing performance at Immortal Song. Please notice them SK.

Read between the lines. They're all talking about the music video etc, and just mentioning that the song is good.

So, I read more about KARD, and nobody seems to know if they will be a 7 member group, or a 4 member group with a guest member that will be cycling ala D-Unit (RIP).

I'm still replaying the Somin clip in anticipation. SO GOOD.

Pretty excited for this. Song sounds good, concept and lineup is interesting. Hope we won't be let down. Really curious what DSP plans are for Youngji if she's just a temporary member of Kard. I've been worried they might try to relaunch Kara with her. But with Somin in Kard and Chaekyung in April, that seems extremely unlikely.

Boss Mog

Seeing Stellar in so many lists warms my heart. Those girls don't get the recognition they deserve, their music is so consistently good.

Top Bottom