• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all you no otis having deluxe people, Aussie here just managed to buy and download the deluxe edition and otis is sitting right there, so maybe refresh/check available downloads

barnone

Ok I figured it out. Cancel the preorder under your account page and then buy it again. They don't charge you till you download (apparently).

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Man I fucking love No Church in the Wild, that song is ridiculous. Fuck lift off seriously, it's like the adopted child of the family, it doesn't fit in at all.

ticketmaster download has the artist tagged as "JAY Z", and the genre as "HOP HOP"

I lol'd. "Liner notes" are included though, with lyrics (pdf file)

OK warming up to some of the songs after not being impressed by the snippets.

No Church In The Wild & Murder For Excellence are crazy right now.

Recon

Banned
Solid album IMO, 8.5/10. I haven't heard the bonus songs on the deluxe so hopefully those are good too, but HAM is one, so I'm not expecting great things.

Epcott

From what I've heard so far, the album is only "ok".
Will still buy for myself anyways, and another copy for my friend (late bday present).

Niggs In Paris' beat was a little too electro and synthesized, so it reminded me of a modern hip-pop beat more than a soulful classic Jay and Ye beat. New Day was too basic for a Rza track (wish he brought the thunder and fangs with something as complex as his work on The W), and Murder was hot. Heard another song, not sure what it was but it was good, so there's still hope.

I'll find out next Friday.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
ReconYoda said:
Solid album IMO, 8.5/10. I haunt heard the bonus songs on the deluxe so hopefully those are good too, but HAM is one, so I'm not expecting great things.

but the other is The Joy...so that invalidates a lot of negative feelings.

yencid said:
hahahha oh god.

SWAG SWAG
tumblr_lpdtvxUlp01qfg5auo1_400.gif

zychi

Banned
gotta have it has some of the best lines i've heard in a looong time. the switching between the two is sooooogoood.

The M.O.B

For those that were in the Listening room, twas some funny stuff, idiot spammer ruined some of it, but was dope to experience it as the same time as you guys.

We need to do this the next time a very hyped album comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom