• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer7's 10th Anniversary (June 9th, 2005) - Don't Make Me Say It Again...

Israel

Neo Member
Interesting. Are you doing this from scratch, or using Paradise Hotel's scanlation?

The Paradise Hotel's is the same as Deltahead's, right? Using that one.

Reformatting it took quite some time, but that is done. Right now I'm proofreading the whole text before continuing with the design (still looking for the typeface for body text, and deciding how the timeline will end up looking).

cj_iwakura

Reformatting it took quite some time, but that is done. Right now I'm proofreading the whole text before continuing with the design (still looking for the typeface for body text, and deciding how the timeline will end up looking).

I own the book, so if you need anything as reference, let me know.

Israel

Neo Member
I own the book, so if you need anything as reference, let me know.

Thanks mate, I might ask for some!

Here's a preview of the Kindle version:

JXl1Q_Qm6Plv8KPZOh-37V5H8JQMOFN7H_WtRU4EiQo=w551-h734-no

I will be sharing this version soon so that anyone interested can help me proofread.

Mohonky

One of those Gamecube gems, though it did eventually make it to PS2 like the other Capcom exclusives.

This game was totally mental in every respect, loved it. Highly original and the story was both amazing and entirely batshit insane at the same time.

Not a remaster fan but if anything needed remastering its Killer 7 and the Viewtiful Joe titles.

Also PN03 for good measure.

Nachos

Oh wow, that all sounds really cool. If you need any help with the design, I'd be happy lend it. And as for the typefaces, are you talking about the ones used in the official book itself?

kaos.

One of the best games that i've played in my life(GC version), i love it!
I hope for an HD release on steam... Maybe one day my dreams will come true... ;___;

Israel

Neo Member
Wow, that's impressive. I bet Suda would dig that.

Will tweet him when done. Hopefully he sees his mentions.

Oh wow, that all sounds really cool. If you need any help with the design, I'd be happy lend it. And as for the typefaces, are you talking about the ones used in the official book itself?

What I mean is, I'm still looking for a typeface that is high on legibility AND pretty, while going well and not crashing with the theme of the book/game. Right now I'm using Gotham Narrow, which I like very much, but I do intend on changing it to something less condensed while maintaining a tall x-height. Maybe Proxima Nova, hmm, can't decide.

Here's are more pics of the eBook version:
http://handinkiller7.tumblr.com/post/124015165348/heres-a-preview-of-the-mobi-version-for

And a gif:
qhii-Z0w5Gh1tudf9s1sVMpiu-6n6UzJNU2FeBrsjEk=w550-h734-no

Karsha

While the plot was great and deep by its own I remember reading back in the days some gamefaq guide to it and it really mindblew me. Dunno how much of that stuff was intended but if it really was would make K7 the greatest script of gaming .
Still game was fun, a bit repetitive but full of colors . I've never played anything that could match it from Suda which is kinda sad...

cj_iwakura

Almost done with Blackburn.

Can't wait to bury that freak.

Fun fact: press A while running, each of the 7 has a different spin animation. Kevin and Mask's are badass.

cj_iwakura

Ayame Mk.2 can rot in hell, good god. She's murdering all of my seven.

Also, I'm arranging a tenth anniversary of NMH after I finish!

The Hermit

Playing this game for the first time is an experience that few games managed to achieve.

That ending.

I really should replay it.

A port of this on the Wii is actually one of gaming's biggest missed opportunities. The controls are dire on the GCN but would have been wonderful with IR.
This is what I hoped for 5 years ago already. Did the the original on GC even do that well sales wise?

I wish someone did an undub for the game so we can hear the ungarbled Engrish.

I actually looked into doing one, then I found out it was more complicated than swapping some audio files lol

cj_iwakura

I wish someone did an undub for the game so we can hear the ungarbled Engrish.

I actually looked into doing one, then I found out it was more complicated than swapping some audio files lol

It is really weird. Kind of takes you out of it. I love trying to guess what they're saying.

cj_iwakura

Would you believe Ayame was easier on Killer8 than Hard mode? Good god, never again. Con was the only way that was doable. At least with K8 you get Young Harman laying waste with the chicago typewriter.

I saw this topic and thought to myself, "I really need to find this game and play it again".

Then I remembered that I went on a Gamecube-game-buying-binge about a year ago. I ran downstairs and saw Killer 7 sitting on my shelf! I guess I know what I'll be doing this afternoon.

cj_iwakura

Alter Ego cleared. Such a great finale, and the music. I love White Sugar and Windmill.

Shame this OST is so incomplete. A LOT of tracks are not on the OST, mostly incidental stuff, but still. Like the Spanish guitar song, nowhere to be found.

The start of Smile is such a sucker punch,
losing Samantha and then Mills.

Kamina777

Banned
This game and every character in it was spell binding to me, i played it over a weekend nearly nonstop and loved the ending. I wish Suda got the chance to create the kind of madness that birthed the musical Susie and awesomely disturbing man in the red gimp outfit who turns out to be..

Lotto

I'm pretty late for this anniversary but it still remains as one of my favorite games of all time. One of the few and far between games that hits all the right notes and just defies my expectations for what a traditional video game ought to be. It's this experience that seems unreplicable, done with a complete vision that follows through wonderfully in an unorthodox manner. It's these kind of unique games that make me love the medium as much as I do. Also, gamecube version best version.

Cassovia

Killer 7 deserve more attention.
I still remember the excitement I got the first time I bought it on GC.
Hopefully the "Remaster" will be green lighted.

cj_iwakura

Finished it last night('let him live'). Never doing hard mode again, eff that.

My favorite chapter is still Alter Ego, but 2 is great just for how politically insane it is. Especially the mahjong confrontation.

dan2026

The most disturbing part is Curtis' organ extraction parlor with all the corpses hanging on the wall.

Although you only see them for a split second.

cj_iwakura

The most disturbing part is Curtis' organ extraction parlor with all the corpses hanging on the wall.

Although you only see them for a split second.

I think it's what he does to Pedro.

Also, something I wonder,

if Garcian is all those personalities, do any of the targets suspect anything? How they hell does the Handsome Man showdown happen? Lot of unanswered riddles.

Top Bottom